PES 2013

Baddar

Had a few games on this today, its got the makings of being superb. Feels like one of the older Pro Evo games and I look forward to getting the balance of it. After the last one I played (2011?) its a massive improvement. Started Master League and found a CB in the youth ranks whose an 81 overall at 18. Could be a star.

Only criticism so far is that, with the inclusion of the manual runs, I feel like I need to contort my hands to set up a goal. Still, it'll be a great feature once I've mastered it.

Aim the right stick at the player you want to make the run, then click R3. You should then be able to move (more like guide) that player with the right stick and the man in possession with the left stick at the same time.

Its hard to keep track of at first, but you can practice it in the training menu.

• 2 months later...

Giant Christmas bump. I love this game, feels like proper Pro Evo again. Just been playing single games online and its wonderful, so far its felt like I'm playing on a level playing field rather than against invisible forces making my players shit.

Slight irritation of playing against Real Madrid every single game (they really need to incentivise playing as lesser teams), but always love a mini giant killing. Seem to be a lot of shit players as well who just stick a forward as far up as they can and then literally go for a massive through ball to Ronaldo all game, its like ground level long ball. Caught me out one game until I dropped the defense deeper second half and won 4-3, I do it every time they go for it now, works like a charm. Hoping this drops off as you play better players, I'm around 500 at the mo.

Been playing my Master League on this since I got an awesome update for the Xbox that adds the Bundesliga, Championship and Brazilian league. Started with Man Utd with the original players (Niellender promoted from the youth team is an utter beast). Finish 4th in the championship on Super Star in my first season. Played 6 won 5 in my second. Largely due to signing Cacau, Tadanari Lee, Buttner, Lindegaard, Jordi Gomez and Chris Herd.

Absolutely loving it. The gameplay is wonderful - as said above, just feels like Pro Evo, and the update with all the kits and everything has given the game the things that Fifa has over it. Not played much online. Played a bit of MLO but everyone has a much better team than me at this point.

• 1 month later...

Still absolutely loving online, though it is borked by two major issues that Konami can't keep ignoring.

Firstly the twats who pick Real Madrid every single game, or worse the prick who hovered over Bilbao and Malaga for yonks, then pick Real Madrid as I'd already picked Newcastle as a show of 'look I'm not tricking you'. Simple solution to that bit, both teams have to press X again after both teams are confirmed. For the other they need to sort balancing out, since at the moment the main difference between a good team and a bad team is pace, regardless of player. I know Obertan isn't great, but he's lightning, not on this game.

Second is a by product of that, people who just stick Ronaldo as far forward as possible, then spam full powered through balls all game. They don't even look for the pass, just start holding triangle the minute anyone bar the centre halfs have the ball. You can deal with it most of the time, but every so often (especially with a lesser team) you've got no chance. I've seen games where because of this I've had 70% possession and lost to two shit goals, god knows what their pass completion must look like, 3%? Again, balancing needed, doubled up centre halfs need to be able to cut them out while the other goes with the man, rather than just leave a big fucking hole for the ball.

Otherwise its great :shifty:

• 1 month later...

I am loving my ML with PSG at the moment.

9pts clear with 9 games to go, so the league should be won. I just managed to finish top of my CL group ahead of Shakhtar, my reward?

Barca in the last 16. :/

I managed a 1-1 draw at the Nou Camp, and then went 1-0 up in the home leg. Xavi equalised with 17 mins left, and Moura put me ahead with 10 to go. Almost straight after, Villa headed in Messi's ball and I looked to be heading out, but Moura popped up again two minutes from time to send me through. Glorious. The guy is lethal.

Not sure who my QF opponents are yet, but I've got Troyes to come in the French cup semi's.

I'm looking to earn the trophies for winning the treble in ML, and the CL in ML. The gold one for becoming the #1 ranked team would be nice too but I'm not sure how long that one takes. I'm at 9 for now.

• 1 month later...

Man the more I play this the better it feels. Close control is much more natural than FIFA, as well as the ability to change speeds quickly. I cant figure out how to do any skills though, and the keeper AI is sloppy at times and I have no idea where to start when it comes to option files. But yeah, easily the best PES since it went yearly instead of numbered.

"5 men in the wall, can't do shit."

Still laughing.

EDIT: Watching at the pc now...

"One more attack if we hurry up...!"

"...no, because Gourcuff is shit." :D

EDIT2: Instead of just laughing at your misfortunes, a tip;

Don't dive in all the time. You're rushing to hit the standing tackle button. Hold R2 (or RT if you're on 360) and the standing tackle button together and your defender will stand his ground. Bide your time and wait to make the challenge. Do so by releasing R2/RT and your player will put a foot in. You give away too many free-kicks by spamming the standing tackle.

"5 men in the wall, can't do shit."

Still laughing.

EDIT: Watching at the pc now...

"One more attack if we hurry up...!"

"...no, because Gourcuff is shit." :D

EDIT2: Instead of just laughing at your misfortunes, a tip;

Don't dive in all the time. You're rushing to hit the standing tackle button. Hold R2 (or RT if you're on 360) and the standing tackle button together and your defender will stand his ground. Bide your time and wait to make the challenge. Do so by releasing R2/RT and your player will put a foot in. You give away too many free-kicks by spamming the standing tackle.

Thanks for the tip, I usually take it easy with tackles but when games like this one happens, I just get well annoyed at the crap going on all around me.

Played a game against Man United earlier today that's worth looking into, I'll link it on here when I've uploaded it which'll probably be in a few days. Have a few others that need to be put up first.

Edit - Luckily, there are tons of highlights as well, we actually won the FA cup in our first season after an insane stretch of games including penalties against Spurs and Arsenal, extra time against United and a cracking final against Man City. So, you know, go Stoke!

Edited by StoneColdSwede