PES 2013

Baddar

Been busy for most of the week so didn't bother getting it early. Going to go down Game tomorrow to grab my copy as I've got the entire weekend off.

Caught up with my brother earlier though and he's got it on the PC. Had two games and it feels fucking awesome, loving the movement and the finishing. Chip shots are out of this world too (well, I've tried one and it was a beauty that went in, so I'm only basing it on that :lol: ). Torres at 78 is sheer madness though.

Looking forward to firing up MLO tomorrow.

Surely Torres was only 78 because he was set to a position that wasn't his own? Otherwise that's very strange.

Been busy for most of the week so didn't bother getting it early. Going to go down Game tomorrow to grab my copy as I've got the entire weekend off.

Caught up with my brother earlier though and he's got it on the PC. Had two games and it feels fucking awesome, loving the movement and the finishing. Chip shots are out of this world too (well, I've tried one and it was a beauty that went in, so I'm only basing it on that :lol: ). Torres at 78 is sheer madness though.

Looking forward to firing up MLO tomorrow.

Surely Torres was only 78 because he was set to a position that wasn't his own? Otherwise that's very strange.

Nope.

78 as a CF. Haven't checked him as an SS, would be strange if his rating is better there than as a CF.

Jumped straight into a Master League on this. Started with United with the fake players (plus my one signing of Macheda), on superstar difficulty.

10th in D2 after 14 games, which I'm fairly pleased with. Only 9 points off the top 3 and got Kagawa and Orlandi joining in January so hopefully will be able to make a push for promotion.

The game itself is fantastic. Had games where I've created a ton of chances, some where I've been battered but nicked it by taking our only chance and others that have just been dour, boring draws. Not had a game that I didn't enjoy yet though. So much more emphasis now on picking the right pass with the great runs that players make.

Love it - a nice change after playing Fifa the last 3 years.

Can somebody please explain to me (Johnny?) how Master League Online works, exactly?

You start with the team of your choice, made up with the default players. Play games against other people and get money based on whether you win, lose or draw.

Contract system is there, meaning when a contract runs out, you have to renew it, which costs money (prices vary on how good the player is and how many owners they have. You can renew them for 10, 20 or 50 games. The longer renewal, the cheaper it is in the long run...if that makes sense).

Not sure yet if the leagues are in yet as I've only been playing for the past two days, if it's the same as last year then there's five divisions, you get promoted/relegated or stay in the same division once every week based on your weekly results.

You've got competitions that are run on a daily basis (a few every day, CL tournaments once a week), the further you progress, the more money you get (You play in one big overall group, the top 16 or whatever it is progress to a KO stages. First group round lasts an hour, you play as many matches as possible and you progress based on your point score over your best three matches in a row e.g win three in a row and you'll have nine points).

No form system anymore like last year, so back to the old form, same as offline mode.

The better players you have in your squad, the more money you earn.

It's not all that complicated, quite straight forward. In short, take the default team and the goal is to build your own team. Great early on as you search out the cheap gems, rather than rushing straight to having the class players. Probably the most addictive mode I've played in quite some time too. Got Kagawa, Hernandez, Evans, Naismith, Dobbie and Rocchi so far with a couple of other lesser known players in there. Oh and they've added the block option this year too, so if you play one of the usual cheap tits, you can block them so you're not matched with them again in the future.

Don't think there's anything else to explain. You're best venturing into it and giving it a go. You might struggle at first if you get matched up with better teams while you have the defaults, but even that's a good little challenge.

Thanks for that. :)

As for the game itself, I'm finding it very fun so far. It's crazy how each game can be so different, varying in chance creation. I've been playing on Top Player, but hope to move to Superstar soon.

Check out Klashman's tactic stuff (well, when he's done more of it, he's only done Barca from what I've seen so far). His tactics/sliders usually make offline much more of a challenge.

I still need to venture into the training mode too and practice the KB shot and the impossible nutmeg shot which I must of tried a hundred times and never did manage on the demo.

FIFA may well have the edge when it comes to online play, but PES is different class when it comes to the AI's build up play, and variation in which they attack.

Playing against Juventus, their winger did a step over, beating Rafael - he crossed it to the front post, where Vucinic got ahead of Vidic and flicked it on the volley backwards towards Pirlo on the edge of the box, who smashed it into the top corner. Possibly the best team goal I've ever conceded against the AI on any game.

As for MLO, it's fun, but when my side, made up of some default players and a few 70 rated ones come up against teams with the likes of Kaka and Cavani, you really have no chance. The gulf is massive.

Hey just after some advice on the age old FIFA vs. PES debate and thought id post in here seeing as your all probably more likely to play both.

Im leaning towards PES as I still have fond memories of the older games. Plus I got FIFA last year and it sucked nuts. If you want more info, i rarely play online and it can be for either ps3 or xbox.