The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Trade for Lu, use him as a chip to send to Pitt.

Free to a good home: 1 30something year old Mexican Alaskan center, shaved head, looks great carrying the puck over the blue line. Must give up due to high maintenance costs. Very low points, LIKE NEW!

No, bad!

Bad Basha.

Guest mr. potato head

Leafs in on Doan apparently.

Good player, fits the Burke mold, exactly what they need to finish maybe 10th in the East.

Doan would be ok, but that addresses none of their needs. Reimer / Scrivens is a question mark in net, there is no true #1 center, and a 2nd / 3rd defenceman would help.

I'd actually roll the forwards we have. Other then the gaping hole at 1C, the top six is pretty good.

Well, getting Doan allows you to move a few more pieces to get a decent center. If you land Doan, you can easily give up Franson, Kadri, Macarthur, or even Kulemin - Not all, but a decent package to land Scott Gomez :)

I'm kidding!

TGWL, I'm still mad that Glen Sather didn't realize that Bob Gainey had his fingers crossed the whole time on the phone. We'll probably get him back someday... after Sather shells out 130 million over 11 years and trades him back to Montreal... after a devastating injury or some such OH JESUS CHRIST FUCKING WORST DEAL OF LIFE!

Honestly. I'm not mad. Nope. Hasn't been 3 years of this albatross 'round our neck. Gainey/Gauthier was our captain, and we all stood by while he shot the bird. Now we're cursed to the doldrums for all time.

Guest mr. potato head

So Troubagate has made its way to Deadspin and holy shit this thing's just going to blow up in everyone's face isn't it.

Basically, Michigan's student paper claimed Kitchener offered one of their recruits $200,000 to defect to Kitchener, citing unnamed sources. Kitchener asked them to retract the story, the paper said no, so Kitchener is suing the paper for ONE MILLION DOLLARS. I mean they probably only set the amount so high for the headlines, but even so, probably not the best PR strategy.

Edited by mr. potato head

Apparently Florida signed both Peter Mueller AND Wojtek Wolski. Interesting move.

Scratch that, NHL.com typo on the Wolski signing, it's the Capitals.

Also, saw a TSN report on Mark Jankowski, and Craig Conroy said they felt like they'd gotten a "1st Line Center at pick 21". I thought it was a bit of a stretch to project him as being a 1st line center already but then I rememebered their roster... I guess he doesn't really need to have anything but a decent training camp and he'd probably still be ahead of Matt Stajan.

So, some things requested by the NHL for the new CBA:

-reduce players hockey related revenues to 46% from 57%

-10 seasons in NHL before being UFA

-5 year contract limits

-Salary must be equal in all years of contracts, no signing bonus.

-ELC 5 years instead of 3

-No more arbitration

Bolded is what I think the NHLPA will have the biggest issues with.

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah, and you can't even make an argument for those two other than "owners are greedy". And most of the rest seem to be coming from "GMs are stupid".

Wondering if the NHL realizes they won't have any goodwill left for a second lockout.