The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

The worst thing about this for me, is that we've got millionaires and billionaires arguing over money. Almost as bad as that, though, is that there were no negotiations at all until after the season was complete. You know the agreement is running out, we already missed a complete season less than ten years ago, and we're in danger of it happening again.

Seriously, fuck both sides. Let's promote the AHL into the NHL's tv timeslots and forget about them for the year.

What the hell are you whining about, the Flames were going to suck this year anyway. :P A year off locked out burns a year of bad salaries off of awful contracts; this is basically a best cased scenario for that franchise. :P

In other news though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rlHMObnWTq0.

I'm just speaking as someone who works a full time job that I hate, so that I can barely pay the bills.

I just want to see some NHL this year. Yeah, I know not everyone makes millions of dollars. But they make a living doing what they love to do. At least they don't work at McDonald's.

There's a small rumor of Luongo coming to Edmonton, which I really doubt based on his location of choice being Florida, but either way I'd rather not have him here. That being said, since the Luongo trade rumor started, I've been meaning to dredge up an old post.

Lou's done. He's shit the bed one too many times to justify his contract

I know, right? I mean, he was fucking horrible in the Boston series last year, where he didn't put up a single point to help his team wi-

Wait, hold on. You say he's a goaltender? You say his job is to stop pucks, not score goals? You say the whole team managed to score a whole eight goals over the course of a seven game series and if the rest of the team had been a bit less useless they might have ended up as the winners? What is this bullshit?! EndOfAnEra has a wonderful narrative of Luongo being shit and that he should feel ashamed of himself going, and you're throwing FACTS in there.

I'm not really throwing facts in there, it's opinion. I think Lou is AMAZING when he's on point, but when you give out a long term contract like that, you kind of expect him to be on point all the time. He's never been as consistent as he should be, and Schneider is a starting goalie.

Alright then. My opinion is that Roberto Luongo is a top-five goaltender in the NHL, deserves every cent he's being paid, and you're a complete idiot for thinking otherwise. Sorry bro.

I always love how you need to bring the douche out anytime anyone disagrees with you.

When the disagreement is as dumb as yours is, it's the only appropriate way to react.

You were still wrong, he's still 1 year removed from a Vezina trophy nomination. :P

If you had two top-20 goaltenders, one was younger and didn't have a contract lasting until armageddon, which would YOU pick?

I don't think it's an indictment on Luongo at all.

Sorry, you lost me.

I'm saying that trading Luongo away doesn't mean that Era was right about him - it's not that Luongo is bad, it's that Schneider is younger, has a better contract scenario, and (worst case) is as good as Luongo.

Era is wrong for saying "Luongo's done, he's shit the bed too many times".

Justifying trading Luongo is one thing, saying he's unequivocally done due to his shitting the bed (which is debatable, he had a few bad games in and amongst the rest of his team being shit) is something else.

Wait did you just edit that post. I swear it said something different when I posted.

To be fair, I meant done in Vancouver, not DONE. Edmonton-wise, that ten year contract isn't a good idea at all. If it was a 2 year or something then yeah it would be understandable, but ten is a looooong time and it'll eat up a lot of cap for a team that's rebuilding still. And I still don't think he's worth his contract. Not like DiPietro bad or anything.

I also don't understand why they went with Khabibulin over Roloson though, when the excuse was they wanted Roli for a 1 year contract and wound up extending Bulin anyways. Realistically, Toronto would be a better fit for Lou I think. His contract will make it interesting though.

Edited by EndOfAnEra