The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Even if we have three balls in the lottery (assuming they do it the same way as the previous lock out), we will likely pick 17th overall out of spite.

But the Blue Jackets have three first rounders. Could you imagine them having three picks in the top 10?

We'll take Eric Daze, Alexander Karpotsev, and Alexandre Daigle.

For whatever reason my mind remembered him as being a first round pick, which he wasn't. So yeah, he wasn't that bad for a fourth rounder. Still, kind of exactly the kind of guy Columbus would draft: A power forward prospect from noted bulky, bruising hockey league the QMJHL.

Does it really matter where Karpotsev was drafted? That was not a value pick.

Well he was drafted in the 8th round, 158th overall. The most notable players drafted after him that year were Jaroslav Modry, Ken Klee, and Sergei Nemchinov. In the 20 drafts between 1990 and 2009, only 3 players picked 158th made it to the NHL, including Karpovtsev. He was traded for Mathieu Schneider, as well as Bryan McCabe who did alright for himself pre-lockout, which proves he had value. He may have been bad at playing hockey, but he's even worse at being an example of a bad draft pick. Therefore, your joke is dumb.

Wade Belak was traded for Peter Forsberg. Being on one side of a trade does not indicate value. Your analysis is flawed.

Actually the first round draft pick that became Wade Belak was traded with Peter Forsberg and other guys for Eric Lindros. Even ignoring the inaccuracy that's still dumb. Both Karpovtsev trades I mentioned the only other piece moving with him was a 4th round pick, where you're lucky if you get a player as good as Alexander Karpovtsev. If Belak and a 4th rounder were traded for Peter Forsberg, it would have been indicative of Belak's value because he was the piece that got them Peter Forsberg.

You're really arguing that Alexander Karpotsev was a valuable and worthwhile selection and that if Columbus were to take a clone of Alexander Karpotsev this would be a good decision.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that someone who misunderstands the CBA divide to be "owner greed vs player greed" doesn't know what "value" means, but still. :P

You're really arguing that Alexander Karpotsev was a valuable and worthwhile selection and that if Columbus were to take a clone of Alexander Karpotsev this would be a good decision.

Not with a first round pick. But he wasn't a first round pick. He was picked in what would be the sixth round with today's number of teams. A clone of Karpovtsev in the 6th round would be a great pick.

All I'm arguing is your joke was stupid because you picked 3 random mediocre players with no connection between them, and then said Karpovtsev would have been a bad pick no matter when in the draft it occurred, which is patently untrue.

Although the season is likely cancelled, one of my fantasy leagues is hosting an auction draft soon (next Tuesday).

8 keepers (max of 2 goalies), and you'd get to have such guys as Bogosian, Hedman, Erik Johnson, Seguin, Jordon Staal, Toews, Miller and Kipper.

If interested, e-mail artifacts_2k@yahoo.com and say you wanna take over for the last team in the Classic Material league and that Niemi At The Gates sent you.

Woo, Marlies!! 1st intermission, and Gardiner's got a beauty of a goal, followed by a great passing play leading to a Hamilton goal to make it 2-0! Gardiner looks great tonight, and his shot looks to have improved a bunch, as has the rest of his skills. D'Amigo is working hard tonight too, from what I've seen.