The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Guest Owned by Quickquid

I get all that, there's probably not a bigger Landeskog fan on this board then me, and everyone's been raving about his maturity for years, but it still caught me off guard. I'd have expected a Hejduk retirement tour or Stastny or even Duchene before Landeskog.

I would have guessed Stastny first as a replacement for Hejduk, too. You'd almost think he was going to be moved except that they need his contract to even get to the floor.

I'll never let go of my anger over him winning the Calder, but Landeskog is really obviously a special impact player. I'd say he brings a combination of tools that neither Stastny nor Duchene can, seniority be damned.

I would have guessed Stastny first as a replacement for Hejduk, too. You'd almost think he was going to be moved except that they need his contract to even get to the floor.

I'll never let go of my anger over him winning the Calder, but Landeskog is really obviously a special impact player.

Wut. He was obviously the right choice for the Calder and it wasn't even close. Is this anger because you think it's wrong, or because damn the torpedoes, you wanted some other guy to win?

EDIT: regarding LANDESCAP'N~! I don't hate it. I think he's probably behind O'Reilly on the leadership pecking chart, but I wubs him, so I'm OK with it.

It was a joke because I know he has more than a few fans here. If I were legitimately mad about who receives NHL Awards, I'd be a real lost cause.

My real gripe is with how voting is done at the end of the regular season with the scores sitting in an envelope until the awards. Based on that selection process, Landeskog is the best (it's not nearly as decisive as you're making it out to be), but I'd advocate for a system where a player who is already on the ballot and has a superb postseason deserves special consideration. It was sad that Henrique was basically a throwaway third nomination who nobody took seriously when it counted because he went to deep water where the games actually matter and was getting the work done in the SCF.

Couturier and Schenn played their best hockey after April too, but performance in the games that are much more crucial than whatever's happening mid-November don't get any evaluation. I think that's stupid even if it is in the name of fairness.

Pretty much.

And to be fair, I did. I traded Chris Kelly (during his hot streak), Brent Seabrook, and a 4th or 5th rounder for Logan Couture and a 3rd.

Edit: How bad is the team name "Phaneuf is Enough"?

Edit 2: Or "Cooke You Dinner"?

Edit 3: I changed my team name again to "Don't Toews Me Bro"

Pretty much.

And to be fair, I did. I traded Chris Kelly (during his hot streak), Brent Seabrook, and a 4th or 5th rounder for Logan Couture and a 3rd.

Edit: How bad is the team name "Phaneuf is Enough"?

Edit 2: Or "Cooke You Dinner"?

Edit 3: I changed my team name again to "Don't Toews Me Bro"

That one is only funny because of the youtube video. My friend used that last season.