The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

So the Flyers won 5-4 in OT yesterday, a win which put them just two points out of a playoff spot. Wait, what?

If they somehow sneak in, I'll be amazed.

With the way the Rangers are playing, I am expecting the Flyers to sneak in 8th, maybe even 7th, since Jersey has been kinda crappy as well.

I love that aspect of the shortened season. Games matter. In a regular 82 gamer, you can have periods of comfortable sliding and the players undeniably find nights to mail it in.

Chicago gets depth at center from SJ, swapping a 4th round pick for Michal Handzus.

Dave Nonis and the Maple Leafs are currently talking with Miika Kiprusoff's agent.

If they can convince him to play one more season and/or sign an extension, it looks like he's headed to Toronto.

EDIT: and right as I post this, Bob McKenzie tweets that there is a second team that is in on Kipper. If he's only talking to Toronto though, I imagine they have given the better offer.

It's over, Gabriel. Jay-bo to the blues.

St. Louis’ 2013 first-round pick, defenseman Mark Cundari, and Reto Berra.

In the event St. Louis does not qualify for the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Flames will receive St. Louis’ fourth-round selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, and the first-round pick will be deferred to the 2014 NHL Draft.

It's basically for a first round pick as I wouldn't put much faith into Cundari, and Berra is already 26 but may turn into a backup.

James Reimer is 13-4-4 with a .920 save percentage. In terms of those stats, he's comparable to Rask, Schneider, Lundqvist. Luongo is 7-4-3 with .904 and Kiprusoff's 6-10-2 with .868.

I read somewhere (I forget where, to be honest) that over their first 93 games, the number he's just recently passed, Reimer's stats are virtually identical to Price's. The only reason people are so highly critical of Reimer is because he's a Leaf. If we still had Rask, people would be crapping all over him, too.

We don't need to trade for a #1 goalie. We already have one.

We also don't need a #1 center. We have Nazem Kadri, who's 7th in points (5 more than Ovechkin!) and 10th in goals, despite only playing 16 min a night, 75% of Crosby's or Stamkos' ice time.

Like Reimer, people are down on the name on the front more than the name on the back. If Kadri were on the Sens or Habs or nearly anywhere else, people would be recognizing that he's a legit #1C.

• Like 1

James Reimer is 13-4-4 with a .920 save percentage. In terms of those stats, he's comparable to Rask, Schneider, Lundqvist. Luongo is 7-4-3 with .904 and Kiprusoff's 6-10-2 with .868.

I read somewhere (I forget where, to be honest) that over their first 93 games, the number he's just recently passed, Reimer's stats are virtually identical to Price's. The only reason people are so highly critical of Reimer is because he's a Leaf. If we still had Rask, people would be crapping all over him, too.

We don't need to trade for a #1 goalie. We already have one.

We also don't need a #1 center. We have Nazem Kadri, who's 7th in points (5 more than Ovechkin!) and 10th in goals, despite only playing 16 min a night, 75% of Crosby's or Stamkos' ice time.

Like Reimer, people are down on the name on the front more than the name on the back. If Kadri were on the Sens or Habs or nearly anywhere else, people would be recognizing that he's a legit #1C.

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, the big questions for Reimer were based on injuries and his inconsistent play. This year, he has been more consistent and showed no signs of still feeling the effects of a concussion.

I think the main reason people have been so critical of the Leafs goaltending is that it has been so awful until now.

Price had it way worse then Reimer. Didn't the Montreal fans boo Price during preseason games a few seasons ago?

Edited by Toe

I like Reimer, I think his positioning might be better than Rask, but I've seen a lot more game changing saves from Rask this year. I don't think it has anything to do with him not playing on the leafs. Reimer seems rather weak in the shootout. I do agree that the only real question mark on Reimer was how he would bounce back from injury. He's a starting a goalie. A top 5 goalie? No.

Kadri a number 1C? You can't call him that now. Perhaps next year over a full season, but right now he could be benefiting on the line he's playing. Give him the top center role and you've got other teams top defense paired against him. He might shine, or his points might drop, but I don't think you can call him a number 1c just yet, regardless of what team he plays for.

Jagr will be on the move according to reports - had a laugh when I read that Philly was motivated to get him. Mark Streit will not re-sign with the Islanders, so he'll either be traded or go UFA.

Teams appear really excited to wreck deadline day coverage by getting it all in now.