The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

The biggest problem right now is that tanking to get top draft picks actually works. See when Chicago tanked to get Toews and Kane, when Pittsburgh tanked to get Malkin and Crosby, when Ottawa tanked to get Daigle and Bonk. The list goes on and on.

The NHL needs to follow more of a fantasy hockey rule when it comes to rookies, because right now, it's too easy to get 1-2 brilliant players, NHL ready guys, on an ELC and fill the rest of the team out with free agents. For guys who are top 10 picks they should get top line NHL money, like how the NFL draft works. Right now, a lot of NFL teams try and trade down, because they can't afford to pay players lottery draft pick money UNLESS that guy is THE guy in the draft. THAT is how you discourage tanking; with a financial cost attached to it.

Pittsburgh didn't tank for Crosby, they lucked out with a lottery :P

The biggest problem right now is that tanking to get top draft picks actually works. See when Chicago tanked to get Toews and Kane, when Pittsburgh tanked to get Malkin and Crosby, when Ottawa tanked to get Daigle and Bonk. The list goes on and on.

The NHL needs to follow more of a fantasy hockey rule when it comes to rookies, because right now, it's too easy to get 1-2 brilliant players, NHL ready guys, on an ELC and fill the rest of the team out with free agents. For guys who are top 10 picks they should get top line NHL money, like how the NFL draft works. Right now, a lot of NFL teams try and trade down, because they can't afford to pay players lottery draft pick money UNLESS that guy is THE guy in the draft. THAT is how you discourage tanking; with a financial cost attached to it.

Pittsburgh didn't tank for Crosby, they lucked out with a lottery :P

They didn't to tank it that year, they carried over the same shitty record from the previous year after the lockout wiped the season.

If I remember it right...

Too bad. I would have liked to see them make it. Plus, this makes Boston's schedule a lot easier now that Washington is locked into the third seed, and Ottawa will probably have clinched by their Boston game. Leafs minuscule chance at winning the division is probably gone.

But with Montreal losing, Leafs just need to win out to get home ice(if they beat Montreal in regulation).

Damn those Rangers. They had a chance tonight against a beatable team. This is going to come down to losing to the devils where we eliminate each other.

I dunno, Ottawa is getting Karlsson back soon. I don't want to play him :shifty:

Plus, getting 3rd is VERY unlikely. I just want to play Montreal (I think it is like a 59% chance it will happen?), and if we have home ice advantage? That's just gravy.

3rd is Washington. Leafs could take second if they win out, beat Montreal in regulation(or in OT/SO if Montreal loses to Winnipeg), and Boston gets 2 points or less in their final 3 games. Unfortunately, Boston has Tanking Tampa, the locked into 3rd seed Capitals, and the last game of the season against Ottawa who'll have probably clinched by that point. I don't see them losing two of those.

Luckily, getting 4th is in our own hands and we've got an easy couple of games before the last game against Montreal.

I might be looking ahead, but the only teams that scare me are Boston and Pittsburgh. I could see us fluking past one of them, but not both, so I'm hoping for a scenario where they play each other before we have to play either, which only happens if we win the division.