The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

I wish we could sweep them, but I see it going to five or six. Ottawa's not gonna suck every night. I'm glad Pittsburgh played well tonight, this is the way they should be playing every night. Our defence showed up, PK did real well, and we even got a short handed goal. Vokoun was really good as well.

I got faith that Pittsburgh will finish it in five, or at most, six. They were well on their way to winning last night, but made a mistake and it got tied, and Ottawa were able to take it in OT.

Gotta give it to Vokoun, he was amazing last night.

Well, I figured the way Montreal was able to dictate the rate of play in 3 of the games with really no issues whatsoever. I sort of expected the best offense in the league to be able to do the same thing, just waaaaaay more effectively haha. I'd be supremely surprised to see Ottawa make it out of the second round. They had a Montreal team that limped into the playoffs on a month long more or less losing streak, so I wasn't overly surprised there.

What I am surprised about is how Boston is dominating their series. I felt that they too were struggling mightily down the stretch, and until they remembered how to play hockey in the last 10 minutes of game 7 I was not overly surprised at their collapse. But now... jesus, poor Hank.

Ottawa also got lucky in OT a few times. There was a few near goals that were this close but ended up hitting the net. Anderson and Vokoun were MVPs last night. Great game. Ottawa deserved it there at the end.

Wow, did not expect Boston to dominate New York like this. It's pretty much over for New York at this point. I thought this was going to be a long series, but New York just hasn't brought it to Boston at all.

Boston versus Pittsburgh in the conference finals should be good stuff.

That was a grim couple of minutes with the shorthander and then Crosby's beautiful backhand goal right off the ensuing draw. I think Pittsburgh has things well in hand, but Ottawa is a gritty resilient team, so we'll see.

The LA/SJ series is my favourite series right now, although Detroit is playing some gritty impressive hockey. I want to like Chicago, but they are being made to look soft by a team that is notoriously unphysical.

If Ottawa takes Game 5, they lose the next one, I cannot see them beating Pittsburgh back to back to get it to a Game 7. Pittsburgh is just too loaded right now, and if it hadn't been for a bad last 30 seconds, they would have taken Game 3 and swept them. I doubt they'll be able to dominate the Bruins in the Conference Finals, but I feel pretty confident that they can win that series too.

Loving the Sharks/LA and Chicago/Detroit series, rooting for Detroit in the West, love to see Detroit/Pittsburgh 3.

Oh, and Alain Vigneault is gone in Vancouver which I guess wasn't a huge surprise given that their GM telegraphed a shakeup. The coaching shuffle this off-season should be interesting with Tippett, Ruff, Boucher, Gulutzan, and now Vigneault all available.