The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Problem is you're already giving up Voracek in the Bernier trade, so who are you going to give up for Ryan? Reed/Couturier/Schenn/Simmonds? I'm sure they're going to want some of those pieces. I don't expect them to take on Hartnell's contract.

Ducks want Matt Read, so look at it like this Matt Read and Jacub Voracek for Bernier and Bobby Ryan, i think thats a win if you ask me

I've heard the Kings would also take a deal of (essentially) Read for Bernier, so a few things can play out.

Joe Sakic says the Avs will pass on Seth Jones. Hmmm. I've seen a few people insist now that MacKinnon would go first overall after his Memorial Cup run. Avs could use a young defenseman though.

If the Avs aren't taking Seth Jones, they don't really NEED MacKinnon or Drouin. If they're gonna pass on Jones, they should move the first overall pick to upgrade their team now.

Jones fills a need they have. The other two players don't.

O'Reilly is likely to be dealt as soon as the year limit on offer-sheeted players expires.

I imagine he will end up going to Calgary anyways, unless the Avs can find a different suitor who is willing to give up more (though I doubt it).

Problem is you're already giving up Voracek in the Bernier trade, so who are you going to give up for Ryan? Reed/Couturier/Schenn/Simmonds? I'm sure they're going to want some of those pieces. I don't expect them to take on Hartnell's contract.

Ducks want Matt Read, so look at it like this Matt Read and Jacub Voracek for Bernier and Bobby Ryan, i think thats a win if you ask me

If they only want Read it's a win.

Yeah, but the Ducks won't take just Matt Read for Bobby Ryan straight up. They'll want more. I would love Bernier, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing them going after a cheaper option like Ray Emery and having him battle Mason for the #1 job.

I think Bobby Ryan's definitely ready to break out, but so is Voracek. If they're similar players, why swap out one for the other? That doesn't make much sense to me, unless I'm just overvaluing Voracek (which I don't think I am - dude was a beast this past season).

Are the Flyers buying out Bryz and Briere? I've read that they were wanting to get rid of Briere, but I've read that they were going to get rid of Bryz, I'm wondering if there's any chance of that or if it was just speculation.

Nah. Goaltendings a mental game. Some goalies are better suited to certain environments. Bobrovskys breakout never happens in Philly.

Bernier is super overrated. Emery is better when his head's straight. Although that won't happen in Philly.

Nah. Goaltendings a mental game. Some goalies are better suited to certain environments. Bobrovskys breakout never happens in Philly.

Bernier is super overrated. Emery is better when his head's straight. Although that won't happen in Philly.

Definitely not a physical game, is it now Marty?

Fucking GameCenter has blacked out the Stanley Cup Finals. Yes, it's on over here, but Premier Sports is a piece of shit, no HD, it has no other sport to offer and it costs a extra £10 a month. Fucking sort out a deal with ESPN/BT sport next season, for the love of God. Or does the NHL not want an international audience?

Are the Flyers buying out Bryz and Briere? I've read that they were wanting to get rid of Briere, but I've read that they were going to get rid of Bryz, I'm wondering if there's any chance of that or if it was just speculation.

It's looking more and more that way, but they can't do anything until two days after the SCF is over. That's why I'm kind of hoping this series just ends already (although I'd also love to see it go into game 7 ~CONFLICTED)

But yeah, it's looking like both Briere and Bryz are gone. They'll bring in someone to compete with Mason for the #1 job. The holdup on the Streit deal is actually that they can't finalize his contract until they have the cap room that will be created with their buyouts.

As much as I love Briere, it was time to go. Can't be having a guy like Briere not getting points on a $6.5 mil cap hit. He had 16 points this year, I believe.

He'll get a cushy job as a Flyers ambassador or something of the sort once he wraps his playing career up, if he doesn't go work for Comcast SportsNet.