EWBFL 13 (PS3 Online Madden League)

Juce734

I could not get my offense going to safe my life and only stayed in the game because of turnovers (there were an awful lot of fumbles though so that may need to be tweaked) and a kick return TD. Not the way I wanted to start this thing.

I just lost...to Miami. Threw a pick on the first offensive play, had a 17-10 lead into the half, then threw another late pick.

Also I cannot play defense to save my life, as I seem to be lost without a "tackle" button. Got beaten twice for TD's on the CPU's ability to run a little shimmy move whereas my guy would make big oafing ambles to either side.

So I swapped to the Vikings as I'm playing at the Bears on my offline CCM. Went well.

Rushed all over the Jags them with Peterson and Ponder added 50 yards on the ground (including a 20+ TD run) as well. Passing was God awful but I didn't really try to establish it. Ponder threw two picks but both were on ridiculous hail mary attempts I should never have been making.

Unfortunately, a Ponder fumble in the red zone lost me possession at one point and I ran the ball on a 4th down assuming it was a first and came up short, again in the red zone. So arguably could have had two more scores. :(

Held MJD to 19 yards on seven attempts. The Jags had no choice but to throw the ball for most of the game. It was a Peterson fumble that gave them possession right at the end and the chance to get 7 points on the board. Frustrating but all around a very good game. I am pleased. I'd like a better back up than Gerhart though.

Any one opposed to me picking up Stephen-Howlings from free agency if he's there? I'm assuming he is but haven't checked.

Edited by Pepsi Twist

I just lost...to Miami. Threw a pick on the first offensive play, had a 17-10 lead into the half, then threw another late pick.

Also I cannot play defense to save my life, as I seem to be lost without a "tackle" button. Got beaten twice for TD's on the CPU's ability to run a little shimmy move whereas my guy would make big oafing ambles to either side.

Square still works as regular tackling.

I beleive the sliders we are using you the player have to do more than just rely on the ratings of your players..like aiming the kick with the analog stick instead of the aim arrow and using the precesion passing a lot more. My only complaint was that there was a lot of penalties but most of them where false starts on fake snaps...had a couple of holding calls and four or five face masks calls. But other than that not much complaints.

I survived my first game, defeating San Diego in Oakland 14-12. My front seven, specifically my line, dominated the game. Matt Shaughnessy netted three sacks, while Seymour and Kelly (who i control) combined for nine tackles as we held the chargers to 66 yards rushing. It was an ugly game in the rain, they didn't get over 200 total yards, i only got 205, and had to chine back from two early picks from Palmer, both my fault. Defense really played it's ass off, the lone charger TD came in the last minute on a shirt dumpoff to Ryan Matthews, where he broke some tackles and got up the sideline, but we stopped the conversion attempt.

Happy with the win, need to remember how to read defenses, but McFadden ran well. Need to fix my schemes, need to blitz a lot, scared my secondary can't hold coverage very long.

I'm starting to learn the most obvious things about reading the protections and coverage. Managed to hit what is probably a particular play's third step progression up the middle while I was in the no-huddle 2min drill for a big gain on fourth down after realizing that they were probably blitzing with the linebacker who was supposed to cover my tight end.

And I always know where to send my safety (whom i generally control) and even made a user pick (and not even the kind where you switch player to the guy on the ball at the last second, I legit jumped the route when I saw a dig open up) in my preseason game but if they ever pass out of a three-tight end set I am probably giving up a TD, not gonna lie.

And if any of you bastards pass there I will END you.

My problem is that i try too hard to fit the ball into places, or get tunnel vision and lock in. I did throw a nice ball with precision passing, or whatever it's called this year, leading DHB to the sideline in the end zone, away from the coverage, during my two minute drill.

I need to just stick to what i do well, and not get to greedy. That gets me in trouble.

That's why I throw so many quick slants - easy yards, low INT risk. It's a little harder in Madden, but my go-to passing plays that I've brought across from my NCAA quarterbacking are Quick Slants (guaranteed completions against man coverage), PA Scissors (In order for this to be incomplete, the corner has to not be beaten on the post route, and safety has to jump the other half of the scissor), Stick and Nod (if your line holds, it is almost impossible to not hit the tight end over the middle eventually) and Four Verts (this play is the hardest one to bring across).

It's especially useful as I throw PA Scissors and Stick and Nod from the same formation, and generally my HB Slash play as well. I find that a lot of playbooks don't have Scissors in them though (unless I just constantly miss it)

But look at me giving you all my playbook :shifty:

Wow, just used an onside kick successfully for the first time (that I can remember) to complete a comeback in Madden. Took a 9-0 lead in the first half. Bengals for some reason go for two on their second touchdown in the third quarter to make it 15-9. They then score another in the 4th and fail on the conversion to make it 21-9. I hit Ed Dickson off the line for a 81 yard TD pass with 21 seconds left (21-16). Jimmy Smith recovers the onside kick and I complete a 52 yarder to Tandon Doss on the next play to go up (22-21). I fail on the conversion and Ed Reed comes down with the interception on a Bengals hail mary pass after they got a bullshit call where the receiver was going out of bounds while catching the ball at the 50 yard line with 8 seconds left and timeouts still in their pocket.