Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Started a game with QPR out of curiosity and their squad is everything I hate in one. Old and overpaid. Zamora on £60k a week? Really? It's just baffling that this is the best squad that could've been put together with this money. Only have £4mil to spend at the start too and nobody will take any of the overpaid crap that I've got so it I just brought in the usual start buys with Wellington Nem and Adryan, along with Mancienne on loan.

Got off to a surprisingly good start, 6 wins and 4 losses from the opening 10 games. All the losses were away to the big guns except when I got spanked 3-0 at home to Norwich. I'm playing 5-3-2 with wingbacks and Fabio is shining on the left side. I'm not scoring much but he's my top scorer with 4 goals in 8 games. Granero is quality too.

Shame there's not an option for Tony Fernandes to step in and throw money at a player until he signs, for added realism. <_<

Signing Nem and Adryan is practically cheating.

So is Ademilson.

I started a game as manager of Guam. Played three games so far, lost 6-0 to Pakistan, 5-1 to Sri Lanka and 4-0 to Palestine.

So then, obviously, my assistant manager thought it would be a good idea to book us a friendly against the Netherlands...

I never bought into this good players for cheap is cheating. There in the game, just because they're well known and have good release clauses doesn't mean it's cheating. Besides, Adryan never gets anywhere near the team for years and Nem isn't really that great.

Ademilson I didn't have enough money for!

Practically cheating.

It's akin to starting a new EWR game, signing AJ Styles and Chris Daniels and sticking them in a Ladder match for the WWE title on their debuts.

Is it not just F12 to take a screenshot in steam?

Just had a nice little moment in my Man Utd game. Playing against Derby in the semi final of the FA Cup. Dominating but failing to take our chances. 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go and Derby get an 85th minute penalty with their first real attack of the game. Up steps United old boy Federico Macheda who tries to chip the penalty... De Gea just stands there and catches it. We go up the other end, win a corner and score from it. Into the final playing mostly a second string team throughout the competition. Back to back trebles are still on!

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

So, in my FM Classic game i am playing at Havant & Waterloo. I took them up from the lowest league (8th in order i think) to the second lowest... I had takeover talks prettymuch whenever i did not need them. But right now something interesting is happening. A group of Fans is trying to takeover the club. I wonder what happens if the deal goes through.

Away to Colchester United, I suddenly realise that their starting line-up contains one Joey Barton.

What are the most efficient match tactics/instructions that might otherwise be interpreted as "break this guy's leg"? :shifty: