EWB Fantasy Basketball Auction League

Maxx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm not losing it. I just figure it would be shit to end up losing a match up because one of your players gets teched up. Like it doesn't really win or lose games, well not to the same degree other stats do which aren't being captured.

Just going through your stats (and take this with mountainous piles of salt as I'm a basketball nublet) You look like you have a bunch of 6th men. Josh Smith is a beast but there's nothing behind him for points. You lack scoring at Guard in particular. You seem to get boards consistently rather than in bunches (my team spikes whenever Varejao or Ibaka play for example.) You also accumulate threes alright too (again as opposed to having "designated snipers" on your team). I think you just had an off week from the FT line and that stat will come through for you.

Already you have 3 stats there you can work from, you only need to get two more a week. If you can add some scoring (preferably accurate scoring as that'll bring FG% with it) you can reach 5 a week, and as I said - that's all you need.

It's more I drafted this team expecting consistency since they are largely the second options who will rarely score 30+ points but generally always get their 10-20. Plus the 'stars' I do have like Tyreke Evans (who I was expecting a breakout season from) is playing really inconsistently (went from 9/4/3/2/14 to 3/2/0/0/3 on 1-9 FGs today). Carrying Rubio and Bogut doesn't help (Love is on my IR) but I am not dropping Rubio since I know someone would snap him up and IR him just to annoy me.

I have just been unlucky in the players I was expecting to come into the season wanting to prove themselves failing to so far, and the guys I passed up on having got even better or haven't dipped despite their age.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...