Lets hear it for the old farts.

METALMAN

I've never been the biggest AC/DC fan but I've been watching that Live At River Plate show that's on Iplayer, and it's actually pretty damn good. Whether you like them or not, the lengths that this bunch of guys in their sixties go to in order to deliver the best show they possibly can is pretty inspirational. In Back On Black Brian Johnson looks like he is genuine pain as he struggles to reach all the notes in Back In Black. But he does it.

I've got a tremendous respect for bands that go to such lengths in order to deliver the best show they possibly can for their fans, especially given that so many acts are happy to short change those that pay for tickets. And AC/DC really do deliver. Good for them.

They have been doing so since December 31, 1973, did so through the death of their frontman, and now are saying fuck it at age.

Still, I dread the day I wake up and find out that one of them is dead :( .

Well, Fly on the Wall was significantly better than all of Flick of the Switch and two tracks from For Those About To Rock.

Such a shame that some of their non-Back in Black work from the 80s doesn't get the love it should. Who Made Who is a bit of a staple, but Heatseeker and That's The Way I Want To Rock and Roll aren't too bad either.