Equlibrium

The Hardcore Canuck

I just saw this movie recently and I have to say it wa fucking amazing. Christian Bale (the new Batman BTW) is amazing. The writing is great (only one cheap one liner in the movie and it wasn;t even that bad). It mixes in elements of 1984 (novel by Geroge Orwell), as well as Matrix style fight scenes. I highly recomend this movie.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this and what they tought.

**MINOR SPOILERS**

A great movie though until the final fight scenes, it was slightly boring (kind of Matrix Reloaded boring where it built up to the really good scenes and aside from one great moment early when Christian Bale talks to Emily Watson about the emotion issue). After the fight scenes, and that awesome way he destroys the computers in the end, it gained major points with me.

**END SPOILERS**

Now if Showtime would stop showing Legally Blonde 2 for onesecond....

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

I liked it a lot. It was a really underrated movie, IMHO, and the scene with Christian Bale and the puppy was worth the price of admission. Gun-kata was a really cool concept, but all the same, I'd like to see how the movie would have been made had the Matrix never existed. It obviously took a lot from that movie, and that's a shame, since I think it had a unique enough vision to support itself without all the Matrix-y stuff. Great movie to rent if you've never seen it, though.

^Shaun of the dead hasn't crossed over to you guys yet?

It's wierd, i'm so used to waiting for movies to jump over from america, I forget it takes just as long for our movies to go over to you.

Anyway it rocks.

I saw it awhile back when it first came out on video and was just blown away by how slick it was. More stylish than the Matrix sequels and the end fight scene is just beautiful. Amazing how stylish it was considering the low amount of attention it received. No one could have played that role other than Bale though.

Well you can´t say it issent well don, but to me it´s just to much of a 1984/Matrix Mixture and that gives it a lot of negative points in my rating :/

There defenetly are better movies around in the world, wouldend pay for Cinema Ticket, PPV ore DVD of this one, boring free TV evening tops.

Guest The Psychotic One

Working at the biggest video store in my city, I took it upon myself to tell as many people about Equilibrium, because it's the kind of movie people would never find out about if they didn't take a chance. Waking Life, Bowling For Columbine... Equilibrium. Not my favourite movie ever, but it's certainly in my DVD collection. A good example of what you can achieve as a first-time director on a small budget.

This movie is the reason why I still pick up the ones that I've never heard about. When I rented it, I was about ready to stop renting the ones I didn't know about, but it really blew me away. Maybe it's because I was expecting just another B-Movie Matrix rip-off, but it was just fucking awesome.

BTW: Christian Bale was amazing. This is the performance, in my mind, that will help me actually visualize him as Batman.