Please Help Me Identify These Movies

E-C-Bub

So there isn't much to go on, but these certain scenes have haunted my memory for years. It's gotten to the point where I don't know if their real, or if my mind created them.

If you have any ideas what movies these may be, please tell me!

The first is an old movie. Probably from the 60's, or 70's. It's a childrens movie I believe. These two kids, orphans I believe, are forced to live with two evil people (a man and a woman) but they wish to live with this old man, possibly a grandfather, who the town deems a drunk. The main thing I remember is a seen where the old man drives a golfcart or something, on Halloween, and it's made to look like an eyeball.

The second movie, is the movie I really don't expect anyone to be able to help me with. This guy is in love with this girl, but he thinks she is out of his league. He sneaks in to watch her rehearse with her band. He watches from the rooftop area. They play "Because the Night". That's all I remember.

Anyway, that's it. Just looking to finally attach these scenes to an actual movie.

This is the perfect thread for a question I have about a TV show. In this show the main characters are a group of nerdy friends and a pretty girl moves to town and becomes friends with them. In the one episode I have a memory of (or I dreamt), the popular kids start to try to become friends with the pretty girl and one-by-one the nerdy kids essentially tell her "goodbye" but she tells them to not worry and they'll all stay friends. Was this an actual show or was it just a later episode of Freaks and Greeks?

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah