[EWR] June 2002 Scenario

What is with this obsession for not having anybody with a zero in any area? Guys, Big Show should have a 0 for speed, for fuck's sakes.

I've genuinely seen it posted somewhere that some people are under the impression that having "0" for speed means that you're literally immobile. People just grossly misunderstand what the stats mean.

Is indy wrestler Terrence 'The Human Statue' Forbes in the data? His entire gimmick is that he literally doesn't move, so he should have zero for everything.

• Like 1

What's the justification for raising 911's brawl? Even at his best, he was nothing but a big guy who Chokeslammed people, and rarely wrestled a match, more often than not just showing up to hit the Chokeslam. By 2002, he was all but retired, and certainly hadn't improved as a wrestler.

I don't think Brock should really have 85 overness; he was getting pushed like hell, but you'd still see a lot of "Brock Who?" signs, and a lot of the time he came out to complete silence, or the dreaded "Goldberg" chants. "85" would put him really in the upper echelon, which he just wasn't until at least August.

Hayabusa probably shouldn't be in the game at all, at least not as a worker. If he must be, his in-ring stats should all be 0, not single digits. He was paralysed in October 2001, and completely wheelchair bound. Even today, he can only walk unaided for a few minutes at a time, and the closest thing to a "match" he's had since his injury was a few seconds as part of a gauntlet for Kyoko Inoue's retirement show. There's absolutely no reason he should be included as a worker; if he must be in there, he could be there as an owner (WMF) or an announcer.

Lower Jushin Liger's speed to 81

Raise Jushin Liger's speed to 87 and lower tech to 78

Which is it? Personally, I'd say lowering his speed is a better idea. By 2002, Liger's style wasn't too speed-centric, and a lot more methodical and mat-based.

I don't see why Low-Ki should have shooting ability ticked - he's a stiff worker, but as far as I know, he has no background in any shoot fighting.

I'd bring Raven's charisma down. 97 is absurd.

The second was a typo. The 87/78 stats were for Juventud Guerrera, not Jushin Liger. It's been fixed.

Low Ki has shoot fighting ticked in the current game and I'm pretty sure he's trained in MMA.

Raven was one of the best promos in wrestling for a solid decade from around '95 to '05. His promos in NWA: TNA, especially during the feuds with Jarrett, Sabu, and some of the darker heel stables were phenomenal.

Having a 0 in any stat to me means the guy can't work that style AT ALL. Big Show may not be lighting the world on fire with speed-based matches, but he's better than 0. I actually suggested stats that are lower than modern day stats in many cases, so disputing it here means disputing it in the modern day updates by Bill1996 as well. I based a lot of stats on Bill's and adjusted for the time period because he's the best, most consistent updater around today.

• Like 1

Batista and Booker T also have shooting ticked, presumably because of their backstage fight a few years ago. Again, it's just mod makers not understanding what stats mean.

Shooting Ability is for the Brock Lesnars, Ken Shamrocks and Dan Severns of the world.

Also, in Bill's updates, pretty much everybody has at least a 70 in some area. I've seen backyard workers with 79 charisma and ridiculous things before. I don't take it up in his thread because it isn't worth it.

Fair enough. That said, a lot of guys in this update have 95s in some skill sets, so it doesn't make sense to have people with 0's...

EDIT: You don't have people with 0 over unless they are literally unknown/backyarders/haven't debuted anywhere yet.

You don't have anyone with 0 brawl because I think everyone can at least pretend to punch or kick. Everyone can run as well or execute the most basic moves like headlocks or what have you.

• 2 weeks later...

New Update (4/12/2013):

- All Mancuerda's stats suggestions applied

- Deleted Hayabusa

- Vince Russo moved to staff

- Set correct birth-month and age for a few more workers (Steve Williams, Tony Atlas...)

- Set Giant Silva nationality to 'Other'

- I decided no to check "Shooting Ability" for Low Ki until someone proves that he's trained in MMA (with a credible source)

- I decided to keep Raven's charisma in 95

Edited by SpanishMen

Fair enough. That said, a lot of guys in this update have 95s in some skill sets, so it doesn't make sense to have people with 0's...

EDIT: You don't have people with 0 over unless they are literally unknown/backyarders/haven't debuted anywhere yet.

You don't have anyone with 0 brawl because I think everyone can at least pretend to punch or kick. Everyone can run as well or execute the most basic moves like headlocks or what have you.

:bang:

• 1 month later...

New Update (5/17/13):

- Deleted Austin Lee, Big Dick Dudley, Frank Shamrock and some wrestlers I can't find info and pics.

- Here is a list with all the wrestlers I add since I start working with this update:

Cheerleader Melissa, Precious Lucy, Sarah Stone, Dru Onyx, El Generico, ODB, Buck Quartermain, Vanessa Sanchez, Eric Young, Bobby Rude, Scott D'Amore, Kenny Omega, Truth Martini, Dave Prazak, Jay Lethal, Austin Aries, Ken Anderson, Eddie Kingston, Mike Quackenbush, Petey Williams, Tyson Dux, Matt Sydal, Antonio Banks, Angel Williams, Talia Madison, Tank Toland, Heidenreich, Scorpio Sky, Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong, Aaron Stevens, Nigel McGuinness, John Hennigan, Matt Cappotelli, Mike The Miz, Melina Perez, Double C, Ayako Hamada, Aja Kong,

MsChif, Traci Brooks, Marcos, CIMA, Dos Caras

- More nationalities, ages and birthmonths fixed (any wrestler with 50 Overness or more have all fixed)

- Moved Lou E. Dangerously to staff

- More stats fixed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k2r2oc0uoabta2/June%202002.zip?m

Edited by SpanishMen

There are many guys who have 10 speed and 5 tech stats. They all are not the exact same worker. Those need to be fixed. Just giving them standard stats weakens your scenario, and does not give it playability.

At least is better the have all 0's, but yes thats something I'm gonna work on for the next updates. I suggest working with this guys using groups sorted by overness, so you can make stats suggestions without have to find them on the game.

100-90 Overness:

Bret Hart

(10 Speed), Hulk Hogan (5 Speed, 7 Technical), Mick Foley (6 Speed, 9 Technical), Randy Savage (5 Speed), Ric Flair (10 Speed), Steve Austin (10 Speed), Vince McMahon (6 Speed, 3 Technical)

80-89 Overness:

Big Show

(11 Speed), Dusty Rhodes (3 Speed, 3 Technical), Eric Bischoff (3 Speed, 3 Technical), Kevin Nash (5 Speed, 6 Technical), Roddy Piper (5 Speed, 5 Technical), Scott Hall (5 Speed), Sid Vicious (5 Speed, 5 Technical), Warrior (5 Speed, 5 Technical)

I gonna keep going with this if you like it, or someone has a better way of fixing this, also, If someone wants to make a stats suggestion for other guys, do it.

Edited by SpanishMen

• 2 months later...