[EWR] New 1990's Alternate Reality Scenario (Under Development)

So...I guess I've started developing a sort of alternate reality scenario using the August 1996 MASTERS database I have been working on for a few months. I don't know what really triggered it, but maybe its my unsatisfaction with the scenarios which are available. Sure there are plenty of mods to choose from, but only a few of them provide me the experience I desire. iDOMINATION has set the standard for what a true scenario should entail. Depth in information, promotions, rosters, accuracy, history, and detail. NWA Domination v2.0 used to match up in par, but after looking at the data today I don't see it as impressive anymore. Some of the others mods use crappy stats or have stupid backstories I can't get in to. And while iDOM has provided me plenty of enjoyment out of EWR, I want more to play, and more to create with.

So right off the bat I should note I don't think I'll be making an effort to be as deep as iDOM. My true purpose is to create purely an enjoyable alternate reality, with a good enough backstory to hold it all together. iDOL's NWA Handbook is phenomenal, and I don't think I want to put in the effort he did lol. But I do think everyone could enjoy a lot out of this scenario I have in mind, providing a solid variety of interesting scenarios within promotions, as well as the rosters to get some real solid play out of.

The main objective, I guess, is to provide a fun alternate reality version of wrestling, not necessarily centered around the domination of the National Wrestling Alliance. Rather, I want to provide an interesting, and even playing field of promotions contending for the true number one spot. However, most are not associated with one another, and the industry is as ruthless as it's ever been.

No, Wrestlemania didn't fail. While it was not as impactful as it turned out to be in real life, it was a wonderful success for Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation, as he steered a promotion towards becoming the first true nationwide promotion. The territories continued to do fine, as loyal fan bases continued to turn out as McMahon's "sports entertainment" still struggled to generate dominating interest.One plan McMahon had up his sleeve involved his number one star, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, who would become WWF Heavyweight champion at Wrestlemania III. Seemingly overnight, 'Macho Madness' began to sweep through America, as news of Savage's powerslam became the hottest item of discussion in schools, and even water coolers, across the country.

And just as quickly as the WWF seemed to be rising, the organization began to crumble. By the time this scenario begins, athletic and body enhancing steroids and growth hormones have become simultaneously associated with the WWF and one man, Vince McMahon. I don't want to do the research because it's just a waste of time to me, but imagine McMahon having been indicted on charges for illegal steroid distribution and collaboration with the guy the government was investigating originally. Several wrestlers leaving up to this point, and following his conviction, increased susceptibility of the WWF hosting a pro-steroid culture within its organization. In 1993, Vince McMahon is sentenced to seven-years in prison. Linda McMahon had already been transferred the role of CEO, so the company successfully handled the transition better than worse scenarios possible, but the company's image was severely damaged, and the company was forced to pay millions in fines, completely off-railing any progress the company had made since 'Macho Madness' had shot the promotion up into first place.

With the WWF knocked out, the rest of the wrestling industry was already making its move. McMahon's conviction was just the final piece to the puzzle.

But this first post won't focus on the WWF. Instead, I've been working on the biggest promotion in America, the National Wrestling Alliance.

While many of these alternate reality scenarios feature various NWA promotions making up the top tier of American wrestling, I thought it would be more interesting to see the NWA as a single entity by the late 1980's, promoting the traditional, conservative side of wrestling, and doing a very good job at it. Big names, big shows, big matches. The most prestigious world championship in the world. The NWA, by most, is considered the top promotion in America since the WWF's downfall in mid-1993.

So what I really want to do is offer up to anyone the opportunity to write a recent history of the NWA! Perhaps, starting from when they first became a single entity, essentially replacing Jim Crockett Promotions in the Mid-Atlantic, and re-branding themselves as the true national promotion in America. The company had rode behind names like Ric Flair and Sting, but r.eally became a true contender when 'Macho Man' Randy Savage left the WWF in 1991 and joined the NWA. The Undertaker was a creation of the NWA, and never competed for the WWF; while Genichiro Tenryu was marketed as one of the best and toughest Japanese wrestlers to ever live. Eventually, the promotion was joined by 'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase and British Bulldog, both opting to leave the WWF following McMahon's conviction. Oh yeah, and they have a bad ass Four Horsemen combo. AND THE GREAT MUTA.

The NWA has had some of its own legal problems, however, as the company was accused by racism somewhere around 1994 by a black wrestler to be determined, leading to the company making quick hires of african-American wrestlers such as D'Lo Brown and Sir Muhammed, while providing training for former 'World's Strongest Man' Mark Henry, and former karate instructor Ernest Miller (to be renamed something more NOD-esque). I know it's early for the last two debuts, but 1996 is short of people to choose from like the wide variety of workers in iDOM or current day scenarios. Working with only 600 wrestlers is an interesting task. Anyway, the NWA hired these guys (paying them big money as a subtle public relations move), created the Nation of Domination stable, an angry Black Panther-esque stable who are currently begin pushed hard. Basically, the NWA is attempting to erase its image as a "racist" organization, as well as any damage in public image from the results of its ethnic discrimination lawsuit.

But then again, you can ignore all this crap when you play. I tend to do that sometimes.

Check out the near final roster for the NWA below, as well as its stats. I still don't know who to put the belts on, or any booking history on the promotion, which is what I'm looking for someone to complete.

Thoughts on this idea? The NWA roster? What's to come?

HELP ME

BTW, the bad ass part is, this is gonna be done really quickly, since the database itself is already pretty solid in terms of stats and salary bases. Plus I can do whatever I want with the data since I put it togethahz.

EDIT: I PARTIALLY POSTED THIS JUST SO I WOULD COMMIT MYSELF NOW THAT IT'S OUT IN THE PUBLIC CRAP NOW I HAVE TO FINISH IT

nwa1l.jpg

National Wrestling Alliance (NWA)
Headquarters: Atlanta, GA
National Sized, 65% Image
Risk: Conservative Mainstream (61%)
Production Level: Superb (90%)
Advertising: Acceptable (80%)
Merchandising: Under-Utilized (60%)
Development Territory: NWA: Ohio Valley (Cincinnati, OH)
Training Camp: Lou Thesz Memorial School (Louisville, KY)

List of NWA Championships
NWA World Heavyweight (Main Event / 95% Prestige)
NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight (Midcard / 80% Prestige)
NWA World Tag Team (Midcard / 70% Prestige)
NWA World Television (Midcard / 65% Prestige)

Main Eventers
Arn Anderson (Face / Enforcer / $125,000 WC / 85 OVR)
British Bulldog (Face / No Gimmick Needed / $125,000 WC / 86 OVR)
Genichiro Tenryu (Heel / Foreign Star / $105,000 WC / 84 OVR)
Randy Savage (Heel / Unique / $225,000 WC / 98 OVR)
Ric Flair (Face / Unique / $210,000 WC / 97 OVR)
Sting (Face / Hero / $180,000 WC / 95 OVR)
Ted DiBiase (Heel / Rich Snob / $130,000 WC / 87 OVR)
The Undertaker (Heel / Supernatural / $160,000 WC / 94 OVR)
Upper Midcarders
Blackjack Mulligan, Jr. (Heel / Cowboy / $80,000 WC / 72 OVR)
Dan 'The Beast' Severn (Face / Legitimate Athlete / $75,000 WC / 74 OVR)
Dean Malenko (Face / Machine / $60,000 WC / 73 OVR)
Marty Jannetty (Face / Fun Babyface / $70,000 WC / 76 OVR)
Ron Simmons (Face / Bad Ass / $90,000 WC / 76 OVR)
The Great Muta (Heel / Mysterious / $125,000 OC / 87 OVR) (NJPW Commitments)
Midcarders
'Bad Ass' Billy Gunn (Face / Cool / $65,000 WC / 68 OVR)
Blackjack Windham (Heel / Cowboy / $80,000 WC / 69 OVR)
'Bad' Brian Adams (Heel / Monster / $55,000 WC / 62 OVR)
'Big' Brian Lee (Heel / Monster / $55,000 WC / 62 OVR)
'Tennessee Boy' Buddy Landell (Heel / Old School Heel / $55,000 WC / 60 OVR)
Bushwhacker Butch (Face / Redneck / $50,000 WC / 56 OVR)
Bushwhacker Luke (Face / Redneck / $50,000 WC / 56 OVR)
D'Lo Brown (Heel / Angry Minority / $70,000 WC / 63 OVR)
Doug Furnas (Heel / No Gimmick Needed / $58,000 WC / 59 OVR)
Earl Robert Eaton (Heel / Anti-USA / $45,000 WC / 57 OVR)
Ernest Miller (Heel / Angry Minority / $70,000 CW / 65 OVR)
Jim Duggan (Face / Pro USA / $70,000 WC / 70 OVR)
Lord Steven Regal (Heel / Anti-USA / $50,000 WC / 59 OVR)
Squire David Taylor (Heel / Anti-USA / $45,000 WC / 58 OVR)
Lower Midcarders
Brad Armstrong (Face / Old School Face / $30,000 WC / 44 OVR)
'Beautiful ' Brian Christopher (Heel / Arrogant / $45,000 WC / 44 OVR)
Chris Jericho (Face / Blue Chipper / $40,000 WC / 43 OVR)
Fit Finlay (Tweener / Bad Ass / $35,000 WC / 41 OVR)
Mark Henry (Heel / Monster / $60,000 WC / 48 OVR)
Nero (Heel / Monster / $30,000 WC / 51 OVR)
Prince Alofa (Heel / Foreign Royalty WC / 43 OVR)
Scott Norton (Face / No Gimmick Needed / $29,000 WC / 46 OVR)
Scotty Riggs (Face / Bad Ass / $25,000 WC / 47 OVR)
Openers
Hugh Morrus (Heel / Crazy / $30,000 WC / 37 OVR)
Jim Powers (Face / Old School Face / $17,000 WC / 27 OVR)
Samu (Heel / Savage / $15,000 WC / 22 OVR)
Scott Armstrong (Face / Old School Face / $20,000 WC / 24 OVR)
Sir Muhammed (Heel / Angry Minority / $35,000 WC / 39 OVR)
Steve Armstrong (Face / Old School Face / $20,000 WC / 21 OVR)
Umaga (Heel / Savage / $15,000 WC / 22 OVR)
Jobbers
Buck Quartermain (Face / Old School Face / $5000 OC / 9 OVR)
Development
Charlie Haas (Heel / Legitimate Athlete / $10,000 WC / 6 OVR)
CW Anderson (Heel / Family Guy / $11,000 WC / 16 OVR)
Dale Veasey (Heel / Old School Heel / $8,000 WC / 18 OVR)
Danny Doring (Heel / Movie Star / $7,000 WC / 5 OVR)
David Sammartino (Face / Family Guy / $10,000 WC / 24 OVR)
Donovan Morgan (Face / Machine / $6,000 WC / 2 OVR)
Kurt Angle (Face / All-American / $20,000 WC / 10 OVR)
Louie Spicolli (Face / Fun Babyface / $8,000 WC / 26 OVR)
Rick Michaels (Heel / Bad Ass / $6,000 WC / 1 OVR)
Rico Americo (Heel / Ravishing / $14,000 WC / 5 OVR)
Russ Haas (Heel / Legitimate Athlete / $10,000 WC / 6 OVR)
Scott Vick (Heel / Old School Heel / $9,000 WC / 4 OVR)
Simon Diamond (Heel / Arrogant / $6,000 WC / 4 OVR)
'Terrible' Terry Tate (Heel / Legitimate Athlete / $8,000 WC / 12 OVR)
Managers
Bob Backlund (Tweener / Crazy / $40,000 WC / 64 OVR) (Manages: Fit Finlay)
Debra McMichael (Face / Cheerleader / $30,000 WC / 55 OVR) (Manages: Ric Flair)
James E. Cornette (Heel / Obnoxious / $35,000 WC / 77 OVR) (Manages: The Blackjacks)
Jimmy Hart (Heel / Obnoxious / $50,000 WC / 80 OVR) (Manages: Genichiro Tenryu)
'Gorgeous ' Jimmy Garvin (Heel / Arrogant / $30,000 WC / 59 OVR) (Manages: Brian Christopher)
Miss Elizabeth (Tweener / Seductress / $50,000 WC / 83 OVR) (Manages: Randy Savage)
Paul Bearer (Heel / Weirdo / $40,000 WC / 81 OVR) (Manages: The Undertaker)
Sister Sherri (Heel / Seductress / $35,000 WC / 62 OVR) (Manages: Hugh Morrus)

Tag Teams
Big & Bad (Brian Adams / Brian Lee)
Nation of Domination ("Freebird' Rule Applies)
The Armstrongs (Scott Armstrong / Steve Armstrong)
The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan, Jr. / Blackjack Windham)
The Blue Bloods ("Freebird' Rule Applies)
The Bushwhackers (Bushwhacker Butch / Bushwhacker Luke)
The Four Horsemen ("Freebird" Rule Applies)
The Islanders (Samu / Umaga)
Stables
House of Samoa (Prince Alofa / Samu / Umaga)
Nation of Domination (D'Lo Brown / Ernest Miller / Mark Henry / Ron Simmons / Sir Muhammed)
The Blue Bloods (Earl Robert Eaton / Lord Steven Regal / Squire Dave Taylor)
The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson / Dan Severn / Dean Malenko / Ric Flair)

Alternate Reality Alter Egos

Blackjack Mulligan, Jr. (Barry Windham)

Blackjack Windham (Kendall Windham)

Nero (Andrew Martin/Test)

Prince Alofa (Rikishi)

Rico Americo (Rico Constantino)

Samu (Matt Anoa'i)

ecwa1.jpghcw4.jpgnwa1l.jpgstli.jpguswa.jpgwsw1.jpgwwfattitude.jpg

Edited by SKA
  • Like 2

Since Vince McMahon goes down for the steroid trial maybe it could be incorporated that Hulk Hogan was the one who testified to it and as such was blackballed from the WWF and possibly went back to AWA (if their active in your scenario).

Also not to knock you’re Blue Bloods stable but why not incorporate some other UK talent into the stable as opposed to rehashing the WCW version, maybe “Gentleman” Chris Adams, Johnny Kidd and/or Johnny Saint and possibly have Doc Dean and Robbie Brookside possibly as The Young Bloods

And personally I wouldn’t put David Sammartino in the NWA he just doesn’t seem to fit the NWA style to me.

Are there any other promotions pencilled in yet because personally I’d love to see World Class where the Von Erich’s are still alive/active, most mods tend to be set post WrestleMania meaning David tends to always be dead.

• Like 1

Typing this from my phone forgive any errors.

So TheWho your first part kind of ties in with the WSW logo I posted above. I really wanted to provide two national promotions at war with one another that weren't a McMahon promotion. 1987 is a very famous year in wrestling not just because of 'Macho Madness' sweeping the nation, but because of the formation of World Star Wrestling, a nationwide attempt based out of Chicago created out of the old AWA, Toronto, and Stampede Territories. I understand this is not very plausible, and that's why it didn't happen in real life. Sure, attempts like this were made down south, but what if these territories came together to save themselves after the success of Wrestlemania? Basing themselves out of Chicago with stars like the AWA's Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall as well as Stampede's Hart Family (including Bret and Owen), and other stars who would join the mix. By the turn of the decade, supercards/pay-per-views were the trend in pro wrestling. By 95 or 96 (whenever this takes place, probably January 1996), the WSW has stars like Curr Hennig and The Giant as well, and have a prime time show just like the NWA. They keep a traditional approach but provide in ring work a bit more fast-paced than NWA matches, as well as interesting storylines similar to the WWF Attitude Era, but not as risqué.

I'll consider your comments on the Blue Bloods and Sammartino when I'm back in front of my computer, thanks for the interest!

And yes, WCCW survives, but only thanks to merging with Memphis to form the USWA, who actually have a pretty stacked roster... I just haven't decided whether to put them at Cult level or keep them ate high regional... I mean, how much like the real (and crappy) USWA should they be? I do want to add the Von Erich's as well.

Edit: Updated with essentially complete backstory.

Presenting...
Hollywood Championship Wrestling (HCW)

Richard Branson had always been an interesting man. There is a short-supply of millionaires whom lack excitement and charisma, and almost none who aren't men of risk. Branson has always been a man of risk, investment ... adventure. He had always been a professional wrestling fan as well, with wonderful memories as a child going to Joint Promotions shows in and around London, where the allure of professional wrestling had never ceased to fascinate him. But, most of all, Branson was a driven man, and made his fortunes through a wide variety of business ventures, the most important being his launch and evolution of Virgin Records.

However, there has always been, one area of industry which has always seem to allude him. The old-boys club of the professional wrestling industry was just as tough to break in to as hierarchies of worldwide corporations. He knew a professional wrestling promotion in Britain wasn't set-up for success without major struggles along the road. The way he saw it, an extremely fortunate opportunity which could be seized upon would be the only way he could stick his hand in the bucket of North American wrestling, and successfully come away with a handful of water. And if that opportunity would never come? So be it. There were plenty of more niches to jump on, much more money to make elsewhere. It wasn't too concerning...

But my god pro wrestling...

Branson had spent countless nights as a young adult dreaming of the scenario. Of the operations involved in running a professional wrestling promotion. The thrill unlike any other handle of business. But now it seemed like forever since he had thought about it, until the trail of Vince McMahon got underway. Branson stayed on top of the latest news concerning the situation, and soon enough began planning his approach; his strategy for successfully breaking into the industry...

June 17th, 1993

Vince McMahon is convicted. And Branson sees his opening.

The mass exodus of WWF wrestlers was ignited like a wildfire, and Branson was quick to act. The phone calls began, word swift around. Quickly the situation went from, "I have to get out of Stamford" to "I have to get my tape to Branson's people". Not to mention, the media professional wrestling was receiving was unlike never before. Although, none of it was good, there was a silent eye on professional wrestling, and Richard Branson's creation was truly beginning to unfold. Off the heels of McMahon's downfall, Branson scooped up considerable World Wrestling Federation talent. The industry was taken aback when Branson held a huge press conference announcing the debut of Hollywood Championship Wrestling, to be starring the likes of Shawn Michaels, his partner in crime Kevin Nash, and Lex Luger. His biggest signing, however, was bringing in Hulk Hogan, who was fed up with his time spent apart of World Star Wrestling (a company, he helped put on the map). And when Hogan jumped, it was truly a big deal, as he and Branson went on a primetime media tour to promote the new product, which they both described as the future of sports entertainment...

Their first big pay-per-view was a major success in terms of sales, as HCW Big Bang set off the promotion in style on the third Sunday of July, 1994. A cocky, heel-oriented Shawn Michaels would become the first HCW World champion after defeating Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Lex Luger in a four-way main event hyped as 'The Showdown of Stars'. And while the ring-work was sloppy, things felt big. Things felt, really big. Debuting the next night on the USA Network, HCW Monday Night Heat was unlike any wrestling show the world had seen, with a major emphasis on the production quality, smooth flow of the show, and direction to keep the viewer glued to their television; not to mention the big matches on Monday nights.

To the rest of the industry, things felt like a coup. The old-boys were a bit shaken, but certainly not defeated. The National Wrestling Alliance hadn't done much to acknowledge any threat or anything that has happened in or around Hollywood Championship Wrestling. On the other side of the street however, World Star Wrestling had taken their jabs at the new Branson-business venture, referring to it as a "joke of a wrestling promotion", with Bret Hart taking certain shots at Hulk Hogan who had ditched the company for it.

But no matter what anybody said, or didn't say, Hollywood Championship Wrestling was catching on, and history may tell the old-boys club they should have perceived HCW as a threat from the beginning, possessing pockets of wealth greater than what the National Wrestling Alliance has to pool from. Not only that, but HCW presents a wide variety of wrestling matches and styles. From hardcore brawls, to fast-paced cruiserweight action, HCW had done well to provide it all.

Along the way, however, HCW hit a rough-patch of the road, as several factors began to collide in extraordinary fashion. It was reported that Branson was getting sick of running the promotion by the means he was already attending to (which means by the use of plenty officers on the forefront). As the busy business mogul he truly became, it only took Branson a short few months for him to realize full-time operations of a wrestling promotion was too much to add into his current plethora of responsibilities. The rumors began to mill once more, was Branson to dump the promotion off? Sell it? Possibly even kill it? No, no, he has contracts in place... Merge it? Join another promotion? But that was none of it, as the situation wasn't as dire as first anticipated. Instead, Branson was on the hunt for an Executive Vice President of Hollywood Championship Wrestling, to run things, in complete control, in Branson's place.

Every decision was to lay in the hands on one man. Who could turn Branson's investment into a profit.

One man, with the same vision.

Eric. Bischoff.

The company's current lead announcer, Bischoff was named to the position after relentless pitching of his vision to Branson. Having previously worked for the NWA on a secondary level, Bischoff took a chance by accepting a contract offer from the yet to debut Hollywood Championship Wrestling. From day one, Eric has been the company's lead announcer, but now, he was its ultimate.

Just for the record, Bischoff's reign seemed to have began around December of 1994. No immediate booking changes seemed to have take place, but his largest creation (or co-creation), certainly had to be the turn of Hulk Hogan from the childhood hero legend he had become known for, to one of the biggest heels in all of professional wrestling. At HCW's First Anniversary, Hogan successfully took the turn win he defeated Shawn Michaels to earn his first HCW World championship. But to Hogan, it wasn't about winning the title. He had held plenty of them.

For him, it was the principal of the matter.

Shawn Michaels had already been teasing a face turn, ever since he won the belt off Lex Luger, who had defeated him for it five months earlier in February. Michaels now had held the belt for another month, but the title would shift hands to Hogan, who many were thrilled to see begin his reign. But Hogan didn't begin it like any other reign. Instead, he refused his hand rose, and proceeded to spit, chuck, and stomp on the World championship. Taking the microphone, Hogan began ranting on about how much he had put into this business, and how little he had gotten out of it. How much his body had endured, the schedule he was forced to commit to, and how ungrateful all these fans were for it. How they all wanted the 'Sexy Boy' to keep the title. How Michaels had already begun referring to the World championship as his title. Well Hogan was going to one-up all of that, and soon enough everyone will be talking about the greatness of 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan.

And after all this, Hogan refused the World championship. Instead, he declared himself, the Hollywood Heavyweight champion, brother.

Five months later, Hogan still holds his 'Hollywood' championship, and now has one man under his sleeve, Eric Bischoff. Revealed as the Executive Vice President of the organization just a month after his reign, Bischoff played mean towards Hogan, but in reality, slowly fell sway to one of the most capturing personalities in the industry. HCW's December pay-per-view, Mayhem on 34th Street, Bischoff officially revealed his alignment with Hogan, as the two successfully screwed Lex Luger out of his chance in taking the belt.

Now the Bischoff/Hogan alliance has officially begun, and there may not be much the rest of the Hollywood roster can do about it...

hcw4.jpg
Hollywood Championship Wrestling (HCW)
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Cult Sized, 85% Image
Risk: Branson Sports Entertainment (66%)
Production Level: Superb (85%)
Advertising: Acceptable (80%)
Merchandising: Cautious (35%)
Development Territory: Non-Existent
Training Camp: Non-Existent

List of HCW Championships

HCW Hollywood Heavyweight Championship (Main Event / 75% Prestige)

HCW Tag Team Championship (Midcard / 60% Prestige)

HCW Television Championship (Only defended on Television) (Midcard / 50% Prestige)

HCW West Coast Championship (Cruiserweight title) (Midcard / 50% Prestige)

HCW Hardcore Championship (Midcard / 35% Prestige)

Main Eventers

'Hollywood' Hollywood Hulk Hogan (Heel / Unique / $200,000 WC / 95 OVR)

'Big Diesel' Kevin Nash (Face / Cool / $110,000 WC / 93 OVR)

'Total Package' Lex Luger (Face / Hero / $100,000 WC / 88 OVR)

'Marvelous' Marc Mero (Heel / Crazy / $65,000 WC / 73 OVR)

'Ravishing' Rick Rude (Heel / Ravishing / $80,000 WC / 87 OVR)

'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels (Face/ Cool / $185,000 WC / 94 OVR)

Upper Midcarders

Booker T (Heel / Man on a Mission / $45,000 WC / 66 OVR)

Brian Knobbs (Face / Old School Fac e/ $40,000 WC / 62 OVR)

Diamond Dallas Page (Face / Cool $35,000 / 63 OVR)

Jerry Saggs (Face / Old School Fac e/ $40,000 WC / 60 OVR)

John Bradshaw Layfield (Heel / Rich Snob / $26,000 WC / 55 OVR)

Stevie Ray (Heel / Sucka / $30,000 WC / 62 OVR)

The Zodiac (Heel / Troublemaker / $40,000 WC / 53 OVR)

X-Pac (Face / Degenerate / $50,000 WC / 59 OVR)

Midcarders

2 Cold Scorpio (Face / Cool / $18,000 WC / 44 OVR)

Irwin R. Schyster (Heel / Troublemaker / $40,000 WC / 49 OVR)

Glacier (Face / Mysterious / $25,000 WC / 44 OVR)

Mustafa (Heel / Gangsta / $20,000 WC / 41 OVR)

New Jack (Heel / Gangsta / $20,000 WC / 46 OVR)

The Barbarian (Heel / Savage / $25,000 WC / 42 OVR)

The Renegade (Heel / Power and Paint / $26,000 WC / 45 OVR)

Lower Midcarders

ABC Kid (Face / Blue Chipper / $15,000 WC / 35 OVR)

Alex Wright (Face / Blue Chipper / $25,000 WC / 36 OVR)

Axl Rotten (Face / Extremist / $14,000 WC / 30 OVR)

Blitzkrieg (Face / Show Stealer / $11,000 WC / 22 OVR)

Ian Rotten (Face / Extremist / $14,000 WC / 30 OVR)

Flex Kavana (Face / Cool / $17,000 WC / 28 OVR)

JC Ice (Heel / Trash / $13,000 WC / 35 OVR)

Tajiri (Heel / Evil Foreigner / $13,000 WC / 25 OVR)

Wolfie D (Heel / Trash / $13,000 WC / 38 OVR)

Openers

'Hollywood' Bob Star (Face / Comedy Character / $9,000 WC / 19 OVR)

Devon Storm (Heel / Extremist / $8,000 OC / 15 OVR)

Kenny Kaos (Heel / Blue Chipper / $9000 WC / 15 OVR)

Irish Mike (Face / Fun Drunk / $9,000 WC / 16 OVR)

Managers

Kimberly (Face / Cheerleader / $15,000 WC / 37 OVR) (Manages: Diamond Dallas Page)

Kimona (Heel / Seductress / $13,000 WC / 32 OVR) (Manages: Tajiri)

The Taskmaster (Heel / Weirdo / $20,000 WC / 57 OVR) (Manages: The Barbarian / The Renegade / The Zodiac)

Tag Teams

Degeneration-X ("Freebird" Rule Applies)

Dungeon of Doom ("Freebird" Rule Applies)

Eastside Boys (Mustafa / New Jack)

Harlem Heat (Booker T / Stevie Ray)

The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs / Jerry Saggs)

The Rotten Brothers (Axl Rotten / Ian Rotten)

Trailer Park Boys (JC Ice / Wolfie D)

Stables

Degeneration-X (Kevin Nash / Shawn Michaels / X-Pac)

Dungeon of Doom (The Barbarian / The Renegade / The Taskmaster / The Zodiac)

Alter Egos

ABC Kid (Billy Kidman)

'Hollywood' Bob Star (Mike Bucci/Nova/Simon Dean)

Flex Kavana (The Rock)

Irish Mike (Crash Holly)

The Renegade (Yes, that Renegade)

The Zodiac (Brutus Beefcake)

Edited by SKA

Just a couple of suggestions; the Lou Thesz "Memorial" School doesn't make a lot of sense for a '90s scenario, as Thesz died until 2002.

Unless Bob Star is specifically intended to be a parody of Hogan, I'd switch out the "Hollywood" nickname. It doesn't make a lot of sense for a lower card comedy worker to be using the same nickname as your top guy.

Bradshaw being JBL in the '90s is an odd one too. Obviously it's an alternate reality scenario, so things can work differently, but JBL was based on Bradshaw's own stock market successes, which as far as I'm aware he wasn't really involved with at this point.

• Like 1

Just a couple of suggestions; the Lou Thesz "Memorial" School doesn't make a lot of sense for a '90s scenario, as Thesz died until 2002.

Unless Bob Star is specifically intended to be a parody of Hogan, I'd switch out the "Hollywood" nickname. It doesn't make a lot of sense for a lower card comedy worker to be using the same nickname as your top guy.

Bradshaw being JBL in the '90s is an odd one too. Obviously it's an alternate reality scenario, so things can work differently, but JBL was based on Bradshaw's own stock market successes, which as far as I'm aware he wasn't really involved with at this point.

I guess 'memorial' isn't an appropriate term to use. I think what I was aiming for was 'Commemorative', which is what I'm going to switch it to unless a better one can be suggested. I actually had a tough time thinking of a school name that sounds prestigious. Maybe something like the Cauliflower Wrestling Academy?

Bob Star is supposed to be a parody of Hogan.

And I like the idea of Bradshaw using his JBL gimmick from the get go. It was his most interesting and successful character, and I'm sick of Bradshaw being an ass-beating beer-drinking no-charisma big guy. It wasn't like Ric Flair was as rich as he became during the prime of his career when he started out. I just finished reading his book and he talked about how even though he talked the talk, he was hardly walking the walk.

Prospective WSW roster

Main Eventers
Ahmed Johnson (Face / Bad Ass/ $80,000 WC / 82 OVR)
Blade Runner (Heel / Crazy / $100,000 WC / 88 OVR)
Bret Hart (Face / Unique / $200,000 WC / 97 OVR)
Curt Hennig (Heel / Unique / $120,000 WC / 91 OVR)
Owen Hart (Heel / No Gimmick Needed / $125,000 WC / 88 OVR)
Scott Hall (Face / No Gimmick Needed / $115,000 WC / 92 OVR)
The Giant (Heel / Monster / $95,000 WC / 85 OVR)
Upper Midcarders
Animal (Face / Power and Paint / $80,000 WC / 77 OVR)
Brian Pillman (Heel / Crazy / $65,o00 WC / 74 OVR)
Chris Candido (Face / Fun Babyface / $55,000 / 71 OVR)
Hawk (Face / Power and Paint / $80,000 WC / 78 OVR)
Rick Steiner (Heel / Machine / $75,000 WC / 76 OVR)
Scott Steiner (Heel / Cocky / $75,000 WC / 77 OVR)
Shane Douglas (Heel / Cocky / $45,000 WC / 73 OVR)
Midcarders
Chris Benoit (Face / No Gimmick Needed / $45,000 / 63 OVR)
Jerry Lynn (Face / Highlight Reel / $23,000 WC / 57 OVR)
Jim Neidhart (Heel / Enforcer / $65,000 WC / 66 OVR)
Rob Van Dam (Face / Whole Damn Show / $20,000 WC / 58 OVR)
Shinobi (Heel / Ninja / $23,000 WC / 59 OVR)
Taz (Heel / Machine / $30,000 WC /62 OVR)
Lower Midcarders
Big Bossman (Heel / Corrupt Law Enforcer / $25,000 WC / 55 OVR)
Buh Buh Ray Dudley (Heel / Extremist / $14,000 WC / 46 OVR)
Christian Cage (Face / Dude / $12,000 WC / 45 OVR)
D-Von Dudley (Heel / Extremist / $14,000 WC / 46 OVR)
Psychosis (Heel / Luchadore / $17,000 WC / 44 OVR)
Rey Misterio Jr. (Face / Show Stealer / $25,000 WC / 50 OVR)
Sean Morley (Face / Suave / $13,000 WC / 43 OVR)
Ultimo Dragon (Heel / Mysterious / $27,000 WC / 53 OVR)
Openers
Mike Enos (Face / Blue Chipper / $10,000 OC / 26 OVR)
Juventud Guerrera (Face / Luchadore / $13,000 OC / 21 OVR)
Spike Dudley (Heel / Extremist / $12,000 WC / 40 OVR)
Jobbers
Ace Steel (Heel / Cocky / $4000 OC / 12 OVR)
Scoot Andrews (Face / Fun Babyface / $3000 OC / 8 OVR)
Scott D'Amore (Heel / Old School Heel / $4000 OC / 5 OVR)
Managers
Big D Dudley (Heel / Putz / $9,000 WC / 38 OVR) (Manages: The Dudleys)
Bill Alfonso (Heel / Obnoxious / $15,000 WC / 52 OVR) (Manages: Taz)
Clarence Mason
Francine (Heel / Slut / $7,000 WC / 49 OVR) (Manages: Shane Douglas)
Sunny (Face / Girl-Next-Door / $16,000 WC / 74 OVR) (Manages: Chris Candido)

Alter Egos
Blade Runner (The Ultimate Warrior)
Shinobi (Al Snow)

Prospective WWF roster

Main Eventers
Cactus Jack (Heel / Crazy / $95,000 WC / 75 OVR)
Goldust (Heel / Freak / $85,000 WC / 80 OVR)
Ken Shamrock (Face / Legitimate Athlete / $100,000 WC / 75 OVR)
Shane McMahon (Heel / Evil Boss / $0 WC (US/CC) / 77 OVR)
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin (Face / Bad Ass / $42,000 WC / 79 OVR)
Vader (Face / Monster / $65,000 WC / 76 OVR)
Upper Midcarders
Bam Bam Bigelow (Heel / Extremist / $19,000 WC / 63 OVR)
Kane (Heel / Monster / $27,000 WC / 52 OVR)
Raven (Heel / Loner / $22,000 WC / 61 OVR)
The Sandman (Face / Bad Ass / $22,000 WC / 67 OVR)
Triple H (Heel / Cocky / $35,000 WC / 75 OVR)
Midcarders
Brooklyn Brawler (Tweener / Comedy Character / $12,000 WC / 43 OVR)
Buff Bagwell (Heel / Prima Donna / $25,000 WC / 47 OVR)
Eddy Guerrero (Face / No Gimmick Needed / $30,000 WC / 47 OVR)
Pitbull #1 (Face / Bad Ass / $22,000 WC / 42 OVR)
Pitbull #2 (Face / Bad Ass / $22,000 WC / 42 OVR)
Savio Vega (Heel / Racist / $25,000 WC / 54 OVR)
Steve McMichael (Face / Dual-Sport Athlete / $25,000 WC / 50 OVR)
The Godfather (Face / Pimp / $15,000 WC / 42 OVR)
Viscera (Heel / Monster / $17,000 WC / 45 OVR)
Waylon Mercy (Heel / Cheater / $25,000 WC / 44 OVR)
Lower Midcarders
Chris Kanyon (Heel / Crazy / $12,000 WC / 34 OVR)
Justin Credible (Heel / Arrogant / $12,000 WC / 27 OVR)
Kurrgan (Heel / Monster / $10,000 WC / 22 OVR)
La Parka (Face / Fun Babyface / $8000 OC / 32 OVR)
Openers
Adam Edge (Face / Cool / $10,000 WC / 14 OVR)
Bryan Clark (Heel / Old School Heel / $5000 OC / 16 OVR)
Chavo Guerrero Jr. (Face / Family Guy / $15,000 WC / 19 OVR)
EZ Money (Heel / Arrogant / $10,000 WC / 12 OVR)
Fallen Angel (Heel / Evil Preacher / $10,000 WC / 18 OVR)
Goldberg (Face / Machine / $10,000 WC / 0 OVR)
Jobbers
Jeff Hardy (Face / Blue Chipper / $7,000 OC / 3 OVR)
Matt Hardy (Face / Blue Chipper / $7,000 OC / 3 OVR)
Rhino Richards (Face / Blue Chipper / $7,000 WC / 3 OVR)
Shane Helms (Face / Blue Chipper / $7,000 WC / 8 OVR)

Managers
Brother Love (Heel / Weirdo / $15,000 WC / 45 OVR)
James Vandenburg (Heel / Evil / $17,000 WC / 40 OVR) (Manages: Fallen Angel)
Marlena (Heel / Seductress / $26,000 WC / 73 OVR)
Paul Heyman (Heel / Sports Agent / $19,000 WC / 37 OVR)
Prince Nana (Heel / Foreign Royalty / $10,000 WC / 6 OVR) (Manages: None)
Sable (Face / Cheerleader / $20,000 WC / 55 OVR)
Sonny Oono
Non-Wrestlers
Gorilla Monsoon (Face / Commissioner / $40,000 WC (US) / 84 OVR)
Stephanie McMahon (Face / Staff Member / $20,000 WC (US/CC) / 0 OVR)

Alter Egos
Adam Edge (Edge/Adam Copeland)
Fallen Angel (Christopher Daniels)

United States

Wrestling Association

Acronym: USWA

Headquarters: Dallas, TX

Cult Sized, 45% Image

Product Information

Risk: Southern Conservative (46%)

Production Level: Acceptable (65%)

Advertising: Acceptable (50%)

Merchandising: Acceptable (15%)

Development Territory: Non-Existent

Training Camp: The Funkin' Dojo (Amarillo, TX)

List of USWA Championships

USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship

(Main Event / 80% Prestige)

Jake Roberts

[won at

USWA Southern Heavyweight Championship

(Midcard / 55% Prestige)

Bodacious Bart

[won at

USWA Tag Team Championship

(Midcard / 50% Prestige)

The Harris Brothers

[won at

List of USWA Television Shows

USWA Pro Wrestling (Saturdays, Late Night on TNN)

List of USWA Contracted Workers

Wrestler Name (Disposition / Gimmick / Contract / Overness)

Main Eventers

Jacques Rougeau Jr. (Heel / Anti-USA / $32,000 WC / 70 OVR)

Jake Roberts (Face / Old School Face / $60,000 WC / 83 OVR)

'The King' Jerry Lawler (Face / Unique / $75,000 WC / 82 OVR)

Kerry Von Erich (Face / Hero / $75,000 WC / 83 OVR)

'Rowdy' Roddy Piper (Face / Unique / $125,000 WC /89 OVR)

Sid Vicious (Heel / Monster / $100,000 WC / 87 OVR)

Terry Funk (Face / No Gimmick Needed / $27,000 OC / 75 OVR)

The Patriot (Face / All- American / $25,000 WC / 68 OVR)

Yokozuna (Heel / Sumo / $65,000 WC / 81 OVR)

Upper Midcarders

Bodacious Bart (Heel / Egomaniac / $35,000 WC / 55 OVR)

Bob Holly (Heel / Old School Heel / $27,000 WC / 53 OVR)

'Gentleman' Chris Adams (Face / Old School Face / $35,000 WC / 61 OVR)

Chris Von Erich (Face / Family Guy / $40,000 WC / 54 OVR)

Dory Funk Jr. (Face / Old School Face / $30,000 WC / 56 OVR)

Honky Tonk Man (Heel / Impressionist / $19,000 WC / 60 OVR)

Jeff Jarrett (Heel / Arrogant / $35,000 WC / 63 OVR)

Jesse James Armstrong (Face / Cool / $24,000 WC / 59 OVR)

Konnan (Heel / Foreign Star / $45,000 OC / 60 OVR)

Pierre Carl Oulette (Heel / Anti-USA / $32,000 WC / 52 OVR)

Terry Gordy (Heel / Old School Face / $15,000 OC / 56 OVR)

Midcarders

Barry Horowitz (Face / No Gimmick Needed / $25,000 OC / 43 OVR)

Don Harris (Heel / Old School Heel / $5000 OC / 42 OVR)

Erik Watts (Heel / Family Guy / $25,000 WC / 44 OVR)

Giant John (Heel / Old School Heel / $30,000 OC / 47 OVR)

Henry Godwinn (Face / Hillbilly / $22,000 OC / 48 OVR)

Fidel Sierra (Heel / Anti-USA / $27,000 OC / 44 OVR)

Ron Harris (Heel / Old School Heel / $5000 OC / 42 OVR)

Tatanka (Face / Native American / $14,000 OC / 45 OVR)

Tito Santana (Face / Old School Face / $30,000 OC / 50 OVR)

'Wildfire' Tommy Rich (Heel / Old School Heel / $30,000 WC / 46 OVR)

Lower Midcarders

Alex Porteau (Heel / Legitimate Athlete / $13,000 OC / 33 OVR)

Big Fred (Heel / Old School Heel / $15,000 OC / 31 OVR)

Chris Hamrick (Heel / Old School Heel / $7000 OC / 17 OVR)

El Texano (Heel / Old School Heel / $5000 OC / 26 OVR)

Headhunter A (Heel / Crazy / $6000 OC / 23 OVR)

Headhunter B (Heel / Crazy / $6000 OC / 23 OVR)

Oly Olson (Heel / Old School Heel / $3000 OC / 23 OVR)

Ricky Morton (Face / Old School Face / $13,000 OC / 38 OVR)

Robert Gibson (Face / Old School Face / $13,000 OC / 38 OVR)

Rockin' Rebel (Heel / Bad Ass / $4000 OC / 21 OVR)

Scott Taylor (Face / Blue Chipper / $3000 OC / 22 OVR)

Sgt. Craig Pittman (Heel / Armed Forces / $3000 OC / 25 OVR)

The Colorado Kid (Face / Old School Face / $7000 OC / 27 OVR)

Tommy Rogers (Face / Old School Face/ $10,000 OC / 38 OVR)

Van Hammer (Face / Metalhead / $6000 OC / 36 OVR)

Openers

Big Ron Studd (Heel / Old School Heel / $5000 OC / 17 OVR)

Bull Buchanan (Heel / Enforcer / $4000 OC / 14 OVR)

Chad Fortune (Face / Old School Face / $5000 OC / 24 OVR)

Jamie Noble (Face / Blue Chipper / $3000 OC / 13 OVR)

Michael Modest (Face / Blue Chipper / $3000 OC / 16 OVR)

The Navajo Warrior (Face / Native American / $3000 OC / 14 OVR)

Jobbers

Chris Harris (Face / None / $2000 OC / 6 OVR)

Kevin Northcutt (Heel / None / $2000 OC / 2 OVR)

Lash LeRoux (Face / Fun Babyface / $2000 OC / 1 OVR)

Managers

Col. Robert Parker (Heel / Redneck / $30,000 WC / 48 OVR) (Manages: The Harris Brothers)

Harvey Wippleman (Heel / The Brain / $25,000 OC / 56 OVR) (Manages: John and Fred)

Hillbilly Jim (Face / Hillbilly / $12,000 OC / 42 OVR) (Manages: Henry Godwinn)

Raymond Rougeau (Heel / Anti-USA / $20,000 WC / 53 OVR) (Manages: The Amazing French Canadians)

Non-Wrestlers

Kevin Von Erich (Face / No Gimmick Needed / $70,000 WC / 75 OVR)

Tag Teams

Funk and Gordy (Terry Funk / Terry Gordy)

John and Fred (Big Fred / Giant John)

Southern Gentlemen (Bob Holly / Jeff Jarrett)

Southern Rebels (Chris Hamrick / Rockin' Rebel)

Tatanka and Navajo (Tatanka / The Navajo Warrior)

The Amazing French Canadians (Jacques Rougeau Jr. / Pierre Carl Outlette)

The Funks (Dory Funk Jr. / Terry Funk)

The Harris Brothers (Don Harris / Ron Harris)

The Headhunters (Headhunter A / Headhunter B)

The Rock'N'Roll Express (Ricky Morten / Robert Gibson)

Stables

The Amazing French Canadians (Jacques Rougeau Jr. / Pierre Carl Outlette / Raymond Rougeau)

Alter Egos

Big Bubba Ottman (Tugboat / Fred Ottman)

Bodacious Bart (Bart Gunn)

Giant John (Earthquake / John Tenta)