2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Yeah but we weren't relegated were we?

Thats not the point. He's saying that an individuals ability isn't necessarily represented by the teams success. And it goes both ways. Benteke isnt bad because Villa had a poor season, just as Nani isn't a world beater because United won the league.

Just because they were relegated doesn't mean everyone in the team is poor, hence why the majority of the first team are being linked with moves if they haven't left already.

Apparently Mark Schwarzer is signing for Chelsea on a one year deal.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/article3812357.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_07_09

It would perhaps explain this photo that has been floating around the internet this evening and confusing everyone:

Uc7QoRl.png

I didn't see him enough, so I can't comment. But I respected his passion for football as he was seen crying when Wigan got relegated. Maybe it's that kind of drive Martinez wants in the Wigan side. He'll be brought in to compete with Howard, who is ageing. He's still young and seems to have a good attitude, and he probably won't cost much, so it could be worthwhile.

That's a cracking bit of business for Chelsea.

Well, you've got a reliable keeper who'll seemingly just be happy to be a part of a big club. Give him like the odd European game so he can have that under his belt, maybe a decent cup run for once, and I'm sure he'll be happy enough. It's very similar to us have Friedel as back-up.

Yeah but we weren't relegated were we?

Thats not the point. He's saying that an individuals ability isn't necessarily represented by the teams success. And it goes both ways. Benteke isnt bad because Villa had a poor season, just as Nani isn't a world beater because United won the league.

Just because they were relegated doesn't mean everyone in the team is poor, hence why the majority of the first team are being linked with moves if they haven't left already.

Your point works generally but in Wigan's case I'm struggling to think of a single player who would improve Everton's side. McArthur/McCarthy (whichever the good one is) maybe. If I was an Everton fan I'd want to be spending what little money they'll have to spend on players to better their side.

I'd argue Kone is a very good signing, just not for the rumoured price considering his age.

Also, very interested to see how Bony works out. I'm kind of surprised Spurs weren't interested because A) he's a striker and B) because he's rumoured to be quite good and has a very decent scoring record. Nice to see Swansea splash some cash, hope they have another good season.

Would rather Schwarzer to Ruddy every day of the week. Love how that sneaked under the radar.

I love how the Daily Mail's article on the news includes the admission in the headline of it being a "surprise". Real transfer news that the papers knew nothing about? Shocking...

Bony and Michu, chanelling my gold FM13 days with Swansea. It's pretty frustrating to see the scum sign someone like Altidore when we're linked to players like James Tomkins.

Edited by RafaelFms

I presume Michu's being moved back to attacking midfield where he thinks he's more effective. Michu only played upfront last season because Danny Graham got into all kinds of mischief and only had Luke Moore too.

Edited by Gorka