1985 Scenario

I am currently working on a 1985 Scenario, so far I have 732 workers. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the TV shows as in which territories had TV and on which channel. So far all I have is WWF All Star Wrestling. I would really appreciate if anyone could help and I hope to have this scenario done within the net couple of months :)

• Like 1

Assuming you're going from January 1st.

WWF Championship Wrestling

WWF Prime Time Wrestling premiered on January 1st
JCP WorldWide

WCCW Weekly Show
AWA Championship Wrestling

I'm not sure if Mid-South had any programming in 1985. I've got stuff from 84 and 86 when they were UWF, but seem to be missing 1985.

Any other promotions you're including? Also, any chance you could post it so we can give ideas and opinions on the early version?

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! Any idea on Networks, I'm thinking Local and TBS for JCP Worldwide? I have Prime Time on USA but not sure about which days and network. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm looking to include at least WWF, JCP, WCCW, AWA, Mid South, PNW, Stampede, Championship Wrestling from Florida and Memphis. Any ideas on Memphis and CWF TV?

I will put up the data in a couple of days when I have a few more wrestlers into the data and removed some who I don't feel need to be there. :)

Edited by Y2JFan111
  • Like 1

I for one, cannot wait til you get this done! I've always been down to play an older scenario in '85 in EWR, but the one currently on the EWWarehouse is total crap as far as I remember.

As far the networks go, maybe keep the big ones, but also make local network stations for each region? So in other words, have a mid-south network, a Texas network, etc etc etc

• Like 1

Yeah, I think maybe you'd be best just having local/syndicated networks. Rather than naming them though, perhaps you could just have "Syndicated Network 1", "Syndicated Network 2" etc, to ensure that you're not having promotions get local TV outside of their territory?

WWF Championship Wrestling was syndicated

WWF Prime Time Wrestling was on USA I believe
JCP WorldWide was syndicated and on TBS

WCCW Weekly Show I'm not sure on, but I'd hazard a guess at it again being syndication
AWA Championship Wrestling again was syndicated

I'm not too familiar with CWF and Memphis, but again, I'd say syndication is your way forward.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update. I have gotten so far behind on this due to helping other people with their scenarios and College, and I have only starting to pick up where I left off on the data in the last few days.

I have added a few more workers and tag teams and will be adding more soon.

I am having trouble coming up with stats for David Von Erich, Nick Kiniski, Angelo Mosca Jr., Cowboy Johnny Mantell, Scott Irwin, Jules Strongbow, Leroy Brown and Buck Robely and Precious. If anyone could help me with these stats I would greatly appreciate it and would help he hopefully get this scenario finished soon! :)

Edited by Y2JFan111

LeRoy Brown in 1985 was going under the name Elijah Akeem if I remember correctly. I am going from memory. I was a wrestling fan in the Mid-Atlantic area during that time and JCP also still ran Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling show and I am thinking NWA Pro was started later on in the year.