The Persona Franchise (and Atlus in general I guess)

gunnar hendershow

7 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

After the 4th jail, things ramp up story wise. Hot dang! The combat is still meh, but everything else in this game is top notch.

I am basically at that exact stage in the game now.

Is it bad that I turned the difficulty down to Easy because I am simply not interested in getting 'good' at this kind of gameplay?

• Like 1

Just now, stokeriño said:

I am basically at that exact stage in the game now.

Is it bad that I turned the difficulty down to Easy because I am simply not interested in getting 'good' at this kind of gameplay?

Not at all. The regular combats aren't difficult, and the boss fights are just high damage, high hp fights.

I've hit the point in Strikers where I don't really care about finishing side quests anymore unless I REALLY like the reward. I'm about to hit the second last jail, and it feels like the story is starting to wrap. 

Edit: And done! Loved seeing the Phantom Thieves again, and I felt this added to their overall story. The last boss would have been a struggle on normal. Thank you Stoke for suggesting to play on Easy! 

• stokeriño changed the title to The Persona Franchise

Sadly, the plucky teenagers are gonna have way more than one corrupt cop to deal with!

I forgot we had a Persona thread! Hopefully reviving this thread will bring good news with Summer Game Fest

12 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Every day I see a hundred "P3R?? P5T?? P6??" things float around the internet, so at this point I'm convinced nothing will happen ever.

I hope P5T is a Final Fantasy Tactics type game. 

The whole Peŕsona Q aesthetic of P5T (even the title font, apparently) makes me a little sceptical since I've always been ehhh on the story/gameplay of those - and wonder if a similar level of (mid) effort has been put into this game. However, it's a tactics game. Possibly the only new genre I would give a chance regardless. 😂

I now begin the multi-month effort of trying not to expect the fulfillment of all my hopes and dreams from P3R... I suspect it's not going to fix all of the problems of the original, nor massively expand the areas of the game that were pretty thin before. I also don't trust them to implement FemC properly (if they acknowledge her at all).

So yeah. I'll be in my bunker of pessimism until the games release. 😅

I mean, you could say the same about Mementos and it hasn't nearly the same hate (probably because of all the mini-goals it has strewn about it). And admittedly it's probably only about 1/4 the number of floors Tartaris had, so...

You know what, I retract my comparison. 😅

• Haha 1

https://www.ign.com/articles/persona-3-reload-wont-include-content-from-fes-or-portable-including-the-female-protagonist

No, Atlus, you can fuck off with this.

If you choose to later make a Royal/Golden-type 'definitive' version of P3 Reload, or release things like FemC or The Answer as DLC, we can talk then.

But for now, I am supremely unmotivated to buy a shiny version of an even less complete form of the game I've already experienced.

• Like 2