The Persona Franchise (and Atlus in general I guess)

gunnar hendershow

At least he has the good grace to raise his red flags immediately. The Hermit arcana spends 5 or 6 levels being fairly harmless/hilarious before she earns her ticket to jail.

Crunching the numbers, I'm fairly certainly it's physically impossible for me to now max all Social Links (this was probably always the case, but I strive for the dream nonetheless). It's mid-September and I have c.90 ranks across all the daytime SLs still to do - which probably is more days than are left once you take out those used for Full Moons, Exams, Trips, Other Story Faff, etc.

I'LL STILL TRY, DAMN IT.

• Haha 1

I knew I would never get them all without a guide, and I'm ok with that, just focusing on who I want when I want! I DO feel sorta bad skipping on the Tower at night recently to do cooking/gardening with people, just because I want to unlock their secret powers. 

I'm literally ignoring the new Shinji not-technically-a-social-link content because I'm like "no, that will waste a vital After School time slot that I must instead dedicate to humouring Fuuka's bad cooking and/or Kenji's nonsense." I have become the worst person.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

I'm literally ignoring the new Shinji not-technically-a-social-link content because I'm like "no, that will waste a vital After School time slot that I must instead dedicate to humouring Fuuka's bad cooking and/or Kenji's nonsense." I have become the worst person.

The new Shinji stuff is good! You are a fool!

Edit: Oh man, I have Succubus with Spirit Drain + Drain Boost, I can recover 40SP a turn. That is so handy. 

image.png

Also, I think I am out of things to do at night now. Devil and Tower are done, stats are maxed, got all the Characteristics upgrades for the party, and I have done all the computer programs. I guess I can walk Koromaru to boost social link progress?

11 hours ago, Ruki said:

image.png

Also, I think I am out of things to do at night now. Devil and Tower are done, stats are maxed, got all the Characteristics upgrades for the party, and I have done all the computer programs. I guess I can walk Koromaru to boost social link progress?

Yeah, the only options atm for night are occasional Koromaru walks and, if you've got their SL started, random book-reading/cooking/etc. activities with said person will get you one measly note.

Oh, if you haven't got the trophy for earning 50k at part-time jobs yet, that's at least *something* you can work towards at night...

I hear legend of the dodgy-URL guy selling one that lets you boost SLs on the PC in the very late game, but if true then it must be close to the end.

Speaking of SLs, I have been forced to get organised:

20240224_122632.jpg

Still don't think I have enough time for them all though. :crying:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of a break I'm coming towards the end of the Summer break and definitely haven't made the most of various bonds due to poor time management but I'm getting there. What I will say though is Koromaru is the bestest boy, yes he is.

• Like 1

The Sun Major Arcana (the one allowing you to fuse 5 levels higher) is AMAZING. I was able to get some quite powerful Personas at level 73 (Thanatos, Odin, Saturnus, Susano-o...). Expensive though. And I learned I won't be able to get Mara because I don't have enough time to max my Hanged Man social link!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ruki said:

And I learned I won't be able to get Mara because I don't have enough time to max my Hanged Man social link!

Being denied the cock persona because you didn't spend sufficient time hanging out with the little girl social link is... um, yeah. Wow.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Being denied the cock persona because you didn't spend sufficient time hanging out with the little girl social link is... um, yeah. Wow.

.... well I didn't think of that until now. Holy shit.

Right at the end (waiting for Jan 31st), and I cheated a bit. Dropped it down to easy so I could beat Reaper and skip the XP grind. Didn't think I'd jump from level 83 to 95. Now I have Messiah and Lucifer for the first time ever!

Me trying to manage my emotional state with Spotify playlists this morning...

"Feeling too anxious to concentrate, let's put on this Soothing Classical Music playlist."

[20 minutes later]

"Okay, no longer feeling anxious, but am slipping into a depressive mindset. Need to kick myself out of that before it beds in, so let's put this autogenerated playlist on shuffle."

[Spotify selects "Burn My Dread -Last Battle-"]

"Oh you motherfucker."

• Haha 1