The Persona Franchise (and Atlus in general I guess)

gunnar hendershow

16 hours ago, stokeriño said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/persona-3-reload-wont-include-content-from-fes-or-portable-including-the-female-protagonist

No, Atlus, you can fuck off with this.

If you choose to later make a Royal/Golden-type 'definitive' version of P3 Reload, or release things like FemC or The Answer as DLC, we can talk then.

But for now, I am supremely unmotivated to buy a shiny version of an even less complete form of the game I've already experienced.

I'm 99% sure this is the route Atlus is going to take.

Which makes me want to wait for the complete version...but I know probably won't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Something between Takaya's 3D model and his new VA doesn't hit right for me. Also, the more snippets of actual cut scenes I see, the more I fear they're not going to have the same artistic flair/'sizzle' as the original ones did. I want unnerving Evangelion-esque vibes, damn it.

Everything else in that trailer looks good though. Liz!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't really feel this is a P5T spoiler, because I'm only describing in very general terms a plot trope that *literally every other Persona game I've ever played* (nb. 3-5 plus spinoffs) has... but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway.

Spoiler

I am officially OVER the whole "ah yes, you've had your interesting human story, but now here's a god-like being manifested by humanity's collective will to be the final boss" thing. I audibly groaned when the P5T one turned up out of the blue, and honestly if I had only one wish for Persona 6 it would be to shake up this tired retread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

I don't really feel this is a P5T spoiler, because I'm only describing in very general terms a plot trope that *literally every other Persona game I've ever played* (nb. 3-5 plus spinoffs) has... but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

I am only a few missions in, but I'm not surprised that this is the case, but I am disappointed. 

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

The only character sprite I kind of dislike is Morgana (metaverse version - his irl cat version is adorable). I think that's simply because he hasn't much/any shading and looks really flat.

When he's hunched forward in the 2d reactions it looks off too.