Fastbreak Basketball 2013

Draevyn

I'm just getting into basketball so it's a huge learning curve right now. I've decided the Raptors are my team since they are the televised team in the area and the team that I'll be able to catch the most. The game is pretty in depth from what I can see. It's quite realistic in it's simming as far as I can see since as a guy who doesn't know shit about Basketball yet, I'm on a horrible losing streak. Haha

I'm just getting into basketball so it's a huge learning curve right now. I've decided the Raptors are my team since they are the televised team in the area and the team that I'll be able to catch the most. The game is pretty in depth from what I can see. It's quite realistic in it's simming as far as I can see since as a guy who doesn't know shit about Basketball yet, I'm on a horrible losing streak. Haha

I know nothing of FBB 2013, or any game of the series. But I know some tactical stuff and team stuff.

I am assuming it's a 2013/2014 roster or something, because 2012/2013 means you are fucked outright.

With the Raptors your biggest issue is the most obvious one... No one on your team knows how to defend and all the guys are about as effective as a turnstile.

D.J. is a massive liability on defense, and as long as you try to keep Lowry on the team you really don't need D.J. at all, he is cheap but still his defense will hurt you a lot and he doesn't bring anything special to the table compared to Kyle Lowry, or anyone you could get in a trade for him.

Then you have deRozan as SF turned SG when Gay arrived. He is talented, he can score quite well but like always, he will get abused by most scorers because his defense is a liability. Same story with Ross, only less talented than Demar...

Rudy Gay is very hit and miss, and whilst he is the team's best player, you would probably be better off trying to get a good deal for him and start a proper rebuild right away. Rudy Gay is a good forward, but there is a reason he was traded to the Raptors last year.

Austin Daye is a shooter with some talent, but for the love of god, a carboard cutout of Shawn Marion is more stifling than him.

But it's not like Fields is any better, because he is just bad and a waste of space and money. I would play Novak ahead of him because Novak has the ability to get buckets on open shots and is a nice (non defending) stretch 3/4...

Big men wise the only bright spot is Jonas who is young, big and a guy that could become an effective bigman given good training. He can take midrange shots and is a smart kid overall... And aside for Johnson and Hainsbrough, the other big men are reserve material for most teams in the league. And the biggest issue though with all of them, they aren't stifling defenders and teams with scoring bigmen you are effed in the A.

So as a conclusion, you need a few more guys who can bring scoring punch off the bench. Novak, Daye and DJ, fit that bill, but they can't defend for the life of them.

So what your first task is, teach the young guys to defend better and at the same time try to look for trades or free agent signings that get better defenders into your team. Since you are the Raptors, that might be an issue.

So do what the Raptors do in real life... Try to outscore your opponent and survive on defense. Accept mediocrity for now and try to rebuild on Lowry, DeRozan and Jonas as your core guys, Gay can stick around but I would rather try to find a good trade for him to relief your cap burden and get some more future talent into the team.

I don't know how realistic FBB is, but at least you can try your best to make poor defenders into decent ones, and decent ones into good ones... And maybe if you get lucky in the draft and free agency you can get some guys into your team that can stop the better players.

Again, I just felt like talking about basketball so feel free to take this as you will.

I know nothing of FBB 2013, or any game of the series. But I know some tactical stuff and team stuff.

I am assuming it's a 2013/2014 roster or something, because 2012/2013 means you are fucked outright.

With the Raptors your biggest issue is the most obvious one... No one on your team knows how to defend and all the guys are about as effective as a turnstile.

D.J. is a massive liability on defense, and as long as you try to keep Lowry on the team you really don't need D.J. at all, he is cheap but still his defense will hurt you a lot and he doesn't bring anything special to the table compared to Kyle Lowry, or anyone you could get in a trade for him.

Then you have deRozan as SF turned SG when Gay arrived. He is talented, he can score quite well but like always, he will get abused by most scorers because his defense is a liability. Same story with Ross, only less talented than Demar...

Rudy Gay is very hit and miss, and whilst he is the team's best player, you would probably be better off trying to get a good deal for him and start a proper rebuild right away. Rudy Gay is a good forward, but there is a reason he was traded to the Raptors last year.

Austin Daye is a shooter with some talent, but for the love of god, a carboard cutout of Shawn Marion is more stifling than him.

But it's not like Fields is any better, because he is just bad and a waste of space and money. I would play Novak ahead of him because Novak has the ability to get buckets on open shots and is a nice (non defending) stretch 3/4...

Big men wise the only bright spot is Jonas who is young, big and a guy that could become an effective bigman given good training. He can take midrange shots and is a smart kid overall... And aside for Johnson and Hainsbrough, the other big men are reserve material for most teams in the league. And the biggest issue though with all of them, they aren't stifling defenders and teams with scoring bigmen you are effed in the A.

So as a conclusion, you need a few more guys who can bring scoring punch off the bench. Novak, Daye and DJ, fit that bill, but they can't defend for the life of them.

So what your first task is, teach the young guys to defend better and at the same time try to look for trades or free agent signings that get better defenders into your team. Since you are the Raptors, that might be an issue.

So do what the Raptors do in real life... Try to outscore your opponent and survive on defense. Accept mediocrity for now and try to rebuild on Lowry, DeRozan and Jonas as your core guys, Gay can stick around but I would rather try to find a good trade for him to relief your cap burden and get some more future talent into the team.

I don't know how realistic FBB is, but at least you can try your best to make poor defenders into decent ones, and decent ones into good ones... And maybe if you get lucky in the draft and free agency you can get some guys into your team that can stop the better players.

Again, I just felt like talking about basketball so feel free to take this as you will.

It's 12-13 roster at this point.

Right now my starting line up is

C - Byron Mullins

PF - Ed Davis

SF - DeMar DeRozan

SG - Alan Anderson

PG - Kyle Lowry

And my bench is

PF - Andrea Bargnani

PG - Jose Calderon

C - Aaron Gray

PF - Amir Johnson

SF - Linas Kleiza

PG - John Lucas

So basically you're saying I'm fucked? :(

The coloured squares are the players skill level and potential. You will have to look at a few players (look at LeBron to see his colours and someone shitty to see what their colours are) to determine what the colours actually are (I think blue is the best and yellow / red or something is the worst, but I might have that backwards).

I played the game for a bit but haven't touched it in ages.

It's 12-13 roster at this point.

Right now my starting line up is

C - Byron Mullins

PF - Ed Davis

SF - DeMar DeRozan

SG - Alan Anderson

PG - Kyle Lowry

And my bench is

PF - Andrea Bargnani

PG - Jose Calderon

C - Aaron Gray

PF - Amir Johnson

SF - Linas Kleiza

PG - John Lucas

So basically you're saying I'm fucked? :(

The thing is with the Raptors, like I said... They are shifty defenders who bleeds point to many players. Guys like Calderon can pass and score, and a Bargnani can fill up the cup (if he cares about playing), but their defense are a big liability and will cost you.

IRL Byron Mullens is very much a work in progress, but he is a guy who gives you hustle... But not very much actual tangible stats, His rebounding is meh and he won't take over a game on offense either.

I don't know how good Amir Johnson is in FBB, but I would play him ahead of Ed Davis in a real life situation.

The guys you have to rely on for the future are Demar and Lowry, because they are the true talented guys on your roster, the players you want to build around. The rest of the roster is lacking in talent and youth, and with the way the roster is, the team is a bottom feeder through and through.

Rebuild through drafting and free agency, and try to supplement your two ''franchise players'' with other pieces that will add scoring and also provide a safety net for players lacking in defense.

Like IRL you have Shawn Marion as the Starting SF for the Mavericks, because the other starters aren't the best of defenders. He can help shore up the team whilst a guy like Carter comes off the bench for some shooting touch.

Same with Thabo Sefolosha at the Thunder, he provides a mean defensive presence for guards and small forwards alike, a guy who can shadow the other team's best scorer and try to limit his scoring.

With the way your team is, you got two good guys off the bench in Calderon and Bargnani, but they are bad defenders and will hurt you if not supplemented by a guy who can do the hustle work and make it hard for the other team. You got scorers supplemented with warm bodies, and that will give you a hard time keeping afloat in the Atlantic Division where you have to contend with the Nets, Knicks and Celtics.

So yeah, to reiterate. Focus on rebuilding, maybe try to trade a guy like Calderon or Bargnani (preferably not both), and try to get draft picks, young talent and just general cap space. Cap Space is very important because it still gives you an advantage on free agency, and you never know when you might strike lucky with a big name.