GameSpot Reviews Fable

ROC

Guest Mr McFarlane

I already read it way before you posted it,

I'm disappointed in most sites for whining about what's not in the game and not focusing on the ground-breaking material that is in the game.

uhm, i just whatched the gamespot video review, wich is exactly absolut annything i know about the game by now and i have to say it issent realy sounding interesting . . .

10 houres story that stais the same not carring about what you do ? and than it turnes into the sims ? UGH !

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest Future Shock

Here's my point:

You, having not actually played the game, are bashing it solely on the premise that the story does not change despite your behavior in the game, and that it turns into the Sims.

However, what I think you didn't know is that it's only the core story itself that is set in stone, you can do whatever you want past that. There's missions you have to do, but others you can just blow off. I think that's more you just looking at it with a first glance than anything really.

And The Sims doesn't let you play serial killer either!

But I am worried that this could have MGS2 Syndrome, where it gets hyped to like no other and is a big disappointment. Halo 2 is probably going to be the same way, but I don't think Fable will.

Whatever, I just think if you found out more about the game you'd be more intrigued by it. *shrugs* No need to go all out with the flames. Not that it matters.

Edited by Future Shock

i don´t see were that point is reflected in the bullshit you just posted 5 minutes ago

+you havent played the game either

+i said i knew nothing besides the gamespot video review

+it included the fakt that the story is extremly short (10 houres is extremly short) and minniquests (yay, Elite if you prefere that as comparecens over the sims)

Guest Future Shock

Mat, the thing I said before was a joke. It was a reflection on how you seem to like foreign games more, but that's cool.

Here's an example of a game that's like Fable, it's called Way Of The Samurai, I'm pretty sure since you like these kind of games, you've heard of it. There's a bunch of endings for it, like 6 or so, so in reality the game is about 15 hours worth of gameplay, and other stuff thrown in there.

The way -I- look at it, Fable is like Way Of The Samurai, but on a much larger scale, and thus has massive replay value. So if you like free roaming games like that, I think you'll probably like it. Not like I'd know, as like you said, nor you or I have played it. The controls could suck, the framerate could blow, the story could be contrived as hell, but it's from Peter Molyneaux, who promises big ass things, and delivers on most of them. I think it's safe to assume the game's going to be good, isn't it?

Not trying to start a flame war with you, so don't think I am. Let's not turn this into the SVR topic.

Guest Future Shock

I know it wasn't funny, I'm not known for my awesome wit and charm. :-p

Mat, I think people like games like KOTOR and Way Of The Samurai *I like them too*, because you don't have to be 100% good all the time, you can be an asshole if you want. You have a choice.

And you didn't like Black And White?

Shaaaaaame. :-p

Anyways, contiuning on, on the point of it being repetitive, Spider Man 2 was definitely repetitive, but it was a great rental game. I don't think Fable'll be too repetitive, since they've had a good solid four years to work on it.

Have you played Morrowind? I think you could make a comparison that Fable would be like Morrowind, but it goes into a little more detail in real life, I think.

Oh, and on the subject of finishing everything, Mat, the perfect game for you is Valkyrie Profile. If you've heard about that game, you should know why. ;)

Like a situation in Fable that they talked about in the IGN preview:

You have a wife, and you're flirting with other girls. Your wife sees this, comes over, and starts cursing at them, and you give them gifts, which pisses her off immensly and causes you to see her at the bar later, barely able to stand after all the alcohol she's consumed.

I think that very few people are going to care about the core story and are just going to make up their own story on their own.

Edited by Future Shock

In morrowid your decisions had an efeckt, ever turned into an vampire in that game ?

I am not saing annything against not being able to do bad stuff, i just hate that it hase no efeckt on annything.

i know VP but never found the time to start plaing it, i have a bunch of games that just wait to be startet, i need more stuff like Unlimited SaGa that just dos not let me go annywere. . . can´t remember wen i was tied to my console like that the last time . . .

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest Future Shock

Your decisions do have consequences, on your appearance, and on how people act towards you. Like if you're uber good, you'll be golden and shit and girls will take their clothes off in public for you *Girls taking their clothes off for you is slight exaggeration*, and if you're evil, people will run from you or bow to you and beg you not to kill them, even if you're in your underwear.

And if you kill someone in public, you'll get the entire town guard and guards from other places after you. But if you're powerful enough, you can wipe out an entire town. *thumbs up*