Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

Benji

As I understand fetch quests, there aren't any at all. In terms of interaction and traditional gameplay mechanics there's not much of it. Essentially, you're wandering through a village finding things that basically serve the same purpose as audiologs in other games, but in a more visual (and still in some cases audio) way, and you piece together the story yourself as you move through the place. The world and the soundtrack are beautiful though. I really liked it, but I think it's definitely a more love it or hate it game, don't expect much of an actual "game" though.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the case is also that it's not noticeable immediately because I think you get faster over time if you hold R2. Although there are certain instances where it seems to slow you down as a deliberate choice to have you move at a that speed, like in some interiors but otherwise it's not too bad.

Here's a clip from when I was playing, that I think gives a pretty good idea of what it's like.

• Like 1

I've only played a little bit of it, I don't know what to think.

If you're expecting a game then I think you'll be disappointed. But if you're interested in knowing the story of what has happened and the people involved then I think people will enjoy it.

After playing it with a bit more patience I found it quite enjoyable, the story itself was very well done in the sense that I was always wanting to find out more. Some of the heavy moments were incredibly emotional once I'd got invested in things, although I did miss one of the big moments as I hadn't realised that following the light made things easier.

The only thing is that I found myself questioning whether £12.49 is a fair price tag for a game you can really only play once and doing so requires a lot of patience. I've kind of come to the conclusion that it's not so I'd advise people to wait for a bit for the price to decrease, or even until the likely time it's a free PS+ game.

• Like 1