The Blood Bowl Thread!

MDK

So I started a new campaign with the Orcs, because I want to be something less bland than Human, so I took the next blandest thing...

First game in the clean cup, against the Stunty fuckers called the Goblins...

Z6WHYNl.jpg

They didn't have a good time...
In fact, in the second half the game so lopsided (they had 3 guys left with 5 turns to go), I just bunched up near the endzone and started passing it back and forth to farm some SSP whilst the big guys did their thing and bullied the few gobbos that hadn't been destroyed.

Fun times all around, 2-0 win which I could've easily milked to 3-0 if I had done less posturing with passes, but hey, SSP was gained, I won. One of my brute Black Orc's got an injury, but nothing permanent so I pretty much had the perfect match to start the career...

Here is my team right now, no level up's, but with two guys at 5SSP I will most likely get two level up's after next game if all goes right (it won't, most likely, it's BB after all!)
106882e29c1f0fa94c0a71b92779c651.png

Needless to say, I like the Orc's already!

• Admin

Spanked an Orc team 3-0 with my Dark Elves last night, but did take some knocks along the way - nothing too serious except a -1MV Injury to one of the linemen. But since I have a runner with +1AG, Pass, Accurate and Strong Arm, it makes hanging back in the field then launching a bomb upfield to be caught a very viable play against orcs.

In my simultaneous campaign I have a Chaos team where passing is just something we laugh at as we casually try and maim everyone in sight and occasionally manage to pick the ball up to score. Far more 1-0 games on that front. But my Minotaur is a beast (excuse the pun...)

Spanked an Orc team 3-0 with my Dark Elves last night, but did take some knocks along the way - nothing too serious except a -1MV Injury to one of the linemen. But since I have a runner with +1AG, Pass, Accurate and Strong Arm, it makes hanging back in the field then launching a bomb upfield to be caught a very viable play against orcs.

Kill it! Kill it with fire! How are the rest of the team skilled up around it? Can see that team being a handful to play against.

Kill it! Kill it with fire! How are the rest of the team skilled up around it? Can see that team being a handful to play against.

I can imagine everyone is in service of the agility-freak, and he's seriously doomed if his runner breaks his neck and dies...

• Admin

I mainly play a running game, the thrower on steroids just makes a handy Plan B, esepcially against Orcs, Chaos & Undead where I want as much separation as possible,

Lineman 1 - Kick, Catch, Pass Block

Lineman 2 - Block, Wrestle, Dauntless, -1 MV

Lineman 3 - Block, Wrestle, -1 MV, +1 ST

Lineman 4 - Block, Wrestle

Lineman 5 - Sneaky Git, Dirty Player, -1 ST

Runner 1 - Dump Off, Pass, Accurate, Strong Arm, +1 AG

Runner 2 - Dump Off, Catch, Diving Catch, Nerves Of Steel

Blitzer 1 - Block, Sure Hands, Strip Ball, Dodge, -1 MV

Blitzer 2 - Block, Dodge, Tackle, Catch, Diving Tackle

Blitzer 3 - Block, Dodge, Tackle, +1 MV

Assassin - Stab, Shadowing, Dodge, Multiple Block

Witch Elf - Frenzy, Dodge, Jump-Up, Block, Strip Ball, Wrestle, Juggernaut

Blitzer 4 - Block, Dodge, Tackle, Wrestle

So, when kicking, I tend to leave the two runners on the bench, then I have a designated kicker, linemen 2-4 are the scrimmage line, Assassin & Lineman 5 as grief machines, Blitzer 1 & Witch Elf as ball hunters and Blitzers 2 & 3 as wingers 

When receiving, kicker & lineman 5 come out and then go for a three pronged approach - bust through the weakest part of the line if possible, or set up Runner 2 in a rugby kind of system (i.e. he holds the ball with others around him, then if someone tries to hit, dump-off), or just set up the long pass using Runner 1 if needed.

Edited by Bad News RW

Game last night against the Undead was won 2-1. It went pretty much as expected with them hitting hard but thankfully armour rolls were poor but it did still lead to me being down to just 5 players in the second half, all knocked out so when he scored his equaliser and I had four turns to go (he gambled on being able to score twice with a good kick and my numbers being reduced) they came back and we were able to make a move and score a second with that last roll of the game GFI. Good win but made to work for it with the three mummy and a chainsaw shove being hard to break through. Next up it's the Gitz and Shigglez goblin team. I expect Fluffy to last a single turn due to the Hail Mary Passing bomber, two chainsaws, two loonies and trolls throwing goblins at him. It's a personal feud there, last season Fluffy twice killed minotaurs in the coaches Chaos side!

Just played a game in BB against Khorne Daemons, and that was easily the most unfair game I have ever played... Seriously, fuck Khorne Daemons the overpowered twats...

They !all! have Frenzy, which gives them a second roll if they get something like "push" or a stumble, so they basically can block twice a turn!
Their Bloodthirster also has Claws AND horns and Juggernaught, making them most OP super-brute I've ever seen (And he's level 1!)

Their bloodletters also has Juggernaught and Horns
And finally their Herald has horns, Juggnaught, AND Frenzy...

So basically what happened was that it didn't matter how I blocked, during their turn they would rape the shit out of my robust Orc's like they weren't even there and they just rolled over me with a 0-2 win.

To make matters even better, they killed 3 of my players (one I saved through an apothecary), including one black orc and a blitzer... A second blitzer got a permanent -1 AV due to a broken skull.

And as a final 'fuck you' the game gave my sides MVP to a black orc who had done nothing of note and had 0SPP, so I also have no players going to level 2...

Seriously, fuck Khorne, they are unbalanced pieces of shit. High AV's, Average strength and Agility, and 6 movement across the board (Even for their beast!)

Just played a game in BB against Khorne Daemons, and that was easily the most unfair game I have ever played... Seriously, fuck Khorne Daemons the overpowered twats...

They !all! have Frenzy, which gives them a second roll if they get something like "push" or a stumble, so they basically can block twice a turn!
Their Bloodthirster also has Claws AND horns and Juggernaught, making them most OP super-brute I've ever seen (And he's level 1!)

Their bloodletters also has Juggernaught and Horns
And finally their Herald has horns, Juggnaught, AND Frenzy...

So basically what happened was that it didn't matter how I blocked, during their turn they would rape the shit out of my robust Orc's like they weren't even there and they just rolled over me with a 0-2 win.

To make matters even better, they killed 3 of my players (one I saved through an apothecary), including one black orc and a blitzer... A second blitzer got a permanent -1 AV due to a broken skull.

And as a final 'fuck you' the game gave my sides MVP to a black orc who had done nothing of note and had 0SPP, so I also have no players going to level 2...

Seriously, fuck Khorne, they are unbalanced pieces of shit. High AV's, Average strength and Agility, and 6 movement across the board (Even for their beast!)

My humans just savaged a Khorne team 3-0.  Inflicted multiple injuries and KOs.  They barely even got on my half of the field.

Is there not a keyboard command to show the player position names in Blood Bowl 2?  It's annoying having to click each guy to see if he's a blitzer or lineman, etc.  In BB1 you just press n.

What. I had no idea you could do that.

Is there a demo for number 2?

Is there not a keyboard command to show the player position names in Blood Bowl 2?  It's annoying having to click each guy to see if he's a blitzer or lineman, etc.  In BB1 you just press n.

What. I had no idea you could do that.

Is there a demo for number 2?

Not that I know of.

So far, I think I really prefer 1.  2 has prettier graphics, but...that's about it.  The interface seems worse.  There are some bugs(it's really difficult to deselect a player when you set them to move then try to cancel it.  The turn timer is a lot shorter(which is made more difficult by the previously mentioned bug).  The single player campaign is a story mode, and the sandbox campaign from 1 is apparently gone(you can play solo leagues but that isn't really the same).  Just seems like 2 is a straight up MP game.  The MP is fun, but I like the single player too.

Well and then there's the fact there's only like 8 races in the base game in comparison to 23(!) in Blood Bowl...

I mean, some races are redundant and a few are a bit unbalanced, but in a game like Blood bowl you want to have the ability to have every race available and not have them be shilled as post-release DLC.

And if I want to play multiplayer I rather go play Fumbbl, to be honest.