NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

as much as both teams sucks, you still gotta give some lovin' to the fans of those teams, no matter how bad they are.

I'm a 49ers fan myself and yes, I am very dissapointed with what both Donahue and Erickson have done to my beloved team.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ol' Steelers. Hopefully next week they can once again be the streak stoppers against Philly.

And who expected the Colts to be in a battle for the AFC South with Jacksonville and Houston? The Titans still have a chance to at 3-5, but week 11, 12, and 13 will be big games as they go on the road against all 3 of their division rivals.

The AFC South is going to be interesting down the stretch.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

If I am wrong, then please clarify me on the ruling. I cannot understand how a runner with the ball can drop to one knee while running and be called down, but when an interception occurs, he is not. And don't say that a runner's never been called down by just his knee, because it has, so please clarify for me how this is different?

Even the announcers in the booth could not understand how it wasn't reversed. Although those announcers aren't the brightest people in the world, I would imagine during something like that they would either have knowledge of the rulebook close to it, or they were getting it fed into their ears.

If I am wrong, then so be it, but I don't understand how Vasher could not have been called down when they call a runner with the ball who falls to one knee is down, when it is the same situation.

And to clarify, he wasn't bobbling the ball anyways, it was slightly slipping, if it was, at all not controlled, but that's neither here nor there.

No matter what you say, it's still a questionable call no matter how you look at it.

Edited by Livid

Honestly, I don't understand it either. But what I get from watching numerous sports shows is that if you are carrying the ball (and a player other than a QB) if your knee touches the ground you are not down unless someone touches you. The only time you are down is if you are a QB, or it is a kick/punt return.

Makes no sense to me either, that's just the way it is.

The referees let the TD stand because contact was made before he had control of the ball, not after. I can see how it's debateable, and you might think otherwise, but on channel 5 in England, they replayed it even more, and it's pretty clear that he doesn't have control when contact is made.

I think the whole "knee down without contact" rule was made to settle disputes for when guys fell over in the open field.

If I am wrong, then please clarify me on the ruling. I cannot understand how a runner with the ball can drop to one knee while running and be called down, but when an interception occurs, he is not. And don't say that a runner's never been called down by just his knee, because it has, so please clarify for me how this is different?

Edited by existence02

If that is the rule then so be it, but the refs NEED to clarify that when they come out of the review booth and explain why it's not overturned. Either way, it was a mistake on the ref's part on the call, if not because of the play itself, but for not clarifying it for the viewing audience, as the announcers were even saying he was down. And the conrol call is a toss-up...it looks like he might have possession at the time, but it also looks like it could have been that he didn't.

Either way, it's a bad call for me, as I'm a Niner fan, but still, we can't get any god damn breaks. I hope Terry Donahue and Dennis Erickson suffer slowly, painful deaths. :devil:

Guest Bluesman

Eagles are getting spanked by the Steelers, with my boy Hines getting 2 td's. At least today I won't have to watch Staley carry the ball down the field and then have Bettis get the TD.

Wow, the Steelers bent the Eagles over today. Now I'm really pissed about the Giants throwing away that game with the Lions a couple of weeks back. Sure they'd be behind in the tiebreaker and all, but I don't see the Eagles dropping more than another game or two the rest of the way unless McNabb gets hurt.

The Jets are about to lose to the Bills, so all I need is for the Giants to take care of business against the Shitcago Bears in a few hours and it'll be a perfect football weekend for me :devil: