Jet Tribute Album

Guest fultie

So I was at Best Buy right, and there's a Jet Tribute Album?? WTF?? Okay, I've seen Beatles tribute albums, Zeppelin tribute albums, stuff like that, but how can an almost brand new band that has barely done anything and isnt that great get a tribute album??

Guest Angry Baboon

Because technically it constitutes as an ACDC/Iggy Pop tribute album, since Jet have never done anything other than nick forgotten band's basslines a la Interpol/Joy Division.

Although I like Interpol.

Jet fail.

I just looked this up on the old Interweb, and it's confusing. Some are covers by bands I've never heard of, but then it's got "Kick Out The Jams" by The MC5 and "Born To Lose" by Johnny Thunders on it, amongst other things. It's really quite baffling.

EDIT: Although, to be fair, FYE Music is also promoting a Kid Rock Tribute Album, a Sevendust Tribute Album and a Limp Bizkit Tribute Album amongst other equally ludicrous concepts. :blink:

Edited by Skumfrog

Guest Angry Baboon

Because technically it constitutes as an ACDC/Iggy Pop tribute album, since Jet have never done anything other than nick forgotten band's basslines a la Interpol/Joy Division.

Joy Divison > *, kids. Don't let the bad man tell you differently.

Guest Angry Baboon

No No NOOO. Joy Division kick the proverbial arse in every way. I was listening to Closer when I posted the message. I could never criticize them, they are too perfect.

PJ Harvey on the hand? ZZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzz.

Guest Angry Baboon

Bjork > > > > Turds > > > > PJ Harvey

PJ has no sense of melody, she just sings in monotone with no particular vocal pattern. She's terrible. 'Who the fuck' is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Guest Locutus of Borg

Not only are there tribute albums to Maroon 5 and Jet, but there are string quartet tributes to both, as well.

EDIT: All four are available on Amazon.com... for anywhere from $13-$17.

EDIT #2: Alright, this is getting fucking rediculous. I just found a Hoobastank tribute on Amazon.com.

Edited by Locutus of Borg

I've actually managed to witness a Good Charlotte tribute album in the pre-owned bin of my local FYE, which leads to a whole new problem for these:

If they're new, that's no problem: Theoretically, no one in their right mind would purchase it.

With pre-owned versions, there's the inherent problem:

1) Somebody, somewhere, had to buy it (knowing how bad it would be),

2) That person would have had to, rather than break it, go back to FYE and tell the people, "Yes, I'm stupid enough to buy a Good Charlotte Tribute album"...

3) Having seen that, some FYE salesperson would have had to approve the store buying this monstrosity, then proceeding to put it on the shelves instead of destroying it in some proper way.

Somehow, these things don't add up (or shouldn't...)

Somebody, somewhere, had to buy it (knowing how bad it would be),

It's probably some preppy tool who will buy/watch/listen to whatever they are told. On the other hand, a friend of mine listens to Good Charlotte...and also considers himself a punk fan.

maybe it's just me, but putting someone down because they like a certain band isn't cool anymore.

Especially Good Charlotte. I mean, they're not even popular now.

EDIT: Yes, I know I do it aswell, but I'm trying to quit. Honest. :shifty:

Edited by Tristy

Somebody, somewhere, had to buy it (knowing how bad it would be),

It's probably some preppy tool who will buy/watch/listen to whatever they are told. On the other hand, a friend of mine listens to Good Charlotte...and also considers himself a punk fan.

dude.. everytime i talk to a girl now adays about music they tell me they like punk rock.. and i get a little intrigued... and than i'm all.. oh yeah? who do you like? and they're all "dashboard.. good charlette.." and i can't say wtf dude you're a loser cause you know i'm all tryin to get some.. next time i'm gonna say "oh yeah? who do you like? have you heard anything by Anti-Flag? I really like Reggie and the Full Effects.. " and they're all gonna be like huh?

bah!

Can't say I've ever personally ran into that problem, there are a ton of varying musical tastes here. You have the wiggers that listen to rap, the rednecks and cowboys that ...also...listen to rap, and the popular kids who...listen to rap.

Okay, so they aren't very varying at all. But still you find someone who's heard of Apocolyptica or Dimmu Borgir and stuff. Sometimes.