[TEW 13] Ruthless Aggression: January 2004 BETA 0.9 RELEASED! (02/04/2014)

IDOL

I noticed you haven't started working on CZW yet so I decided to take it as my responsibility and start working on it. I've been searching for info on CZW around the time of this data and I've already done the roster (pretty accurate), product, title holders & lineages, size, schedule (no dates), tag teams (not including exp), stables and the CZW academy & it's graduates. I've written those onto notepad so let me know if you want me to send it to you sometime. :)
There might be some things mainly in size & product that you should check if they're fine.

I've used Online World of Wrestling, Wikipedia, CZWrestling, Cagematch, Wrestlingdata and profightdb as sources.

When it comes to the January as the starting point, it is the best time IMO. Not only is there the Lesnar-Holly feud and Rumble coming up, but CZW had the infamous John Zandig hanging incident just months before

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

I noticed you haven't started working on CZW yet so I decided to take it as my responsibility and start working on it. I've been searching for info on CZW around the time of this data and I've already done the roster (pretty accurate), product, title holders & lineages, size, schedule (no dates), tag teams (not including exp), stables and the CZW academy & it's graduates. I've written those onto notepad so let me know if you want me to send it to you sometime. :)

There might be some things mainly in size & product that you should check if they're fine.

I've used Online World of Wrestling, Wikipedia, CZWrestling, Cagematch, Wrestlingdata and profightdb as sources.

When it comes to the January as the starting point, it is the best time IMO. Not only is there the Lesnar-Holly feud and Rumble coming up, but CZW had the infamous John Zandig hanging incident just a month before at Cage of Death 5.

Woah, that sounds awesome. I will definitely put it to use. If you want to send it my way, you can e-mail it to me at ewwarehouse@gmail.com

When it comes to the January as the starting point, it is the best time IMO. Not only is there the Lesnar-Holly feud and Rumble coming up, but CZW had the infamous John Zandig hanging incident just a month before at Cage of Death 5.

Woah, that sounds awesome. I will definitely put it to use. If you want to send it my way, you can e-mail it to me at ewwarehouse@gmail.com

^I sent it your way. :) Let me know if you got it - I don't use email much so I could've messed something up. :wub:

Awesome! Got the file. Great work. On the roster front, do you have any ideas on the face/heel alignments and gimmicks for everyone? If not I can use the default gimmicks they are set at, and look at cagematch to get an idea of their alignment. Thanks so much for your help.

Awesome! Got the file. Great work. On the roster front, do you have any ideas on the face/heel alignments and gimmicks for everyone? If not I can use the default gimmicks they are set at, and look at cagematch to get an idea of their alignment. Thanks so much for your help.

Hmm.. I can do it. I'm bored and have nothing else to do so why not? I'll start working on it shortly

Edit: The thing with alignments in CZW is, that it's pretty hard to recognize the heels and the faces, as the crowds tend to cheer/boo who they want.

But, I did look through results from 2003 to mid 2004 from Online World of Wrestling and I think I got a pretty good idea of most of the rosters alignments through them, but gimmicks... I don't have a clue.

It might sound stupid from someone who is working on this, but I haven't watched a single event from that period. Maybe I should.

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

I could look in to the Mexican scene, maybe pull up AAA or CMLL if you like. It'd mostly be a roster based upon whatever results I can find on the company's web sites, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on the Mexican aspect of the mod, I really shouldn't have started with CMLL because making stuff for the oldest promotion in the world to a decent level of accuracy is taking a lot of time, especially with the convoluted nature of CMLL's title scene around 2004. There are a few things in your database that need to be changed so that the import works right, but I'll get to that when you're a little more well along the way in developing this.

Thanks for including some luchadores in your database due to the Japanese and TNA connections, it makes the work a little easier.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
So I am hard at work once again on this data. Seeing Fleisch's modern data set come together has really made me want to finish and polish this to make it the best 2004 mod it can be.
I am currently working on the Japanese scene. Does anyone know where I can get a list of Japanese referees? Commentators as well? I am having a very hard time filling those positions as I can't find any information on them

Finally, here is an updated BETA Release! LINKS UPDATED IN THE FIRST POST!
The mod now features the start of a Japanese scene (with help from LUKIE, Oyaji and BigPapa) with New Japan Pro Wrestling, All Japan Pro Wrestling, Pro Wrestling NOAH, and Kaientai Dojo.
There's been a lot of work since the last release so I would be very happy if a couple of people could test the data out for me and post any problems you find. The next release will see a few of the Mexican promotions added in, more lower level indies, and more future promotions and workers.
Details of the BETA release:

details.jpg

active.jpgfuture.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am indeed! I should have the first stable release in about a week or so. Do you have any knowledge of Chikara around this time? I need major help there if they are going to be included.

I did some work on Chikara around the time I sent the CZW stuff your way, but I think I've deleted that file from my computer already and I don't think I sent it your way either. But, I could do it all over again.

You done any work on Chikara at all?

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

Apart from having a couple of guys like Quack and Private Eye in the game I don't have anything for them.

Okay. Good to know so I know on what to work on.

Here's the roster I came up with. (source: Cagematch and their events database)

Roster (In-Game)
Mike Quackenbush
Eddie Kingston
Ultra Mantis
Icarus
Gran Akuma
Jolly Roger
Rorschach
Jigsaw
Hallowicked
Mister ZERO
Shane Storm
Darkness Crabtree
Private Eye
Sabian
Sumie Sakai
Roster (Need to add)
Jack Marciano
Skayde
DJ Skittlez
Blind Rage
Melvin Snodgrass
American Gigolo

• 3 weeks later...
Promotion Details
Name: CHIKARA
Initials: CHIKARA
Set to Open: May 2002
Money: $100,000
Schedule: Regular
Owner: Mike Quackenbush
Head Booker: Reckless Youth maybe?
Popularity:
30% in Tri-State (all shows held in Pennsylvania at this point)
5-10% everywhere else in USA (except maybe Hawaii & Puerto Rico with 0%)
Product
(Preset) Product: Goofy Lucha Fun
Match type Booking for AI Events
1 vs 1 = 60%
2 vs 2 = 20%
3 vs 3 = 20%
Titles/Lineages:
Tag World Grand-Prix (Tournament)
Current holder: The Night Shift (Inaugural)
Date won: July 5th, 2003
Chikara Young Lion's Cup (Tournament)
Current holder: Hallowicked (Inaugural)
Date won: November 16th, 2002
Tag Teams:
The Night Shift (Blind Rage & Hallowicked)
The Conundrum (Jigsaw & Rorschach)
The Wild Cards (Blackjack Marciano & Eddie Kingston)
Team F.I.S.T. (Icarus & Gran Akuma)
UltraZERO (Ultra Mantis & Mister ZERO)

I realise I'm pretty late with this but hope this helps at least a bit.

Edited by Mr.Perfekt