[TEW 13] Ruthless Aggression: January 2004 BETA 0.9 RELEASED! (02/04/2014)

IDOL

Just started the 0.9 beta, I get an error saying that the "[TNA] Raven & The Gathering: Students vs Teacher' storyline has less than two workers w" (That's where the message cuts off lol.

I noticed after it was already addressed, I fixed it already for myself just wanted to make you aware of it, redundantly so. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just some notes on ROH:

Raven, Michael Shane, Steve Corino, Guillotine LeGrande, Slim J, Joey Matthews, Masada, should all be removed from the roster. Raven left after the Punk feud, Shane left when the Group disbanded, and Corino (and by extension LeGrande) handed in his notice in December, probably because of ROH moving towards a working relationship with AJPW instead of Zero One. Slim J hadn't appeared in months, Joey Matthews had only 'joined' Special K at Glory by Honor in September but hadn't been seen since and Masada was pretty much dropped as soon as Justin Credible joined the Carnage Crew. I'd also say Buff E and Mace should probably be cut, they hadn't appeared at all in the second half of 2003.

Slugger should be a face due to his involvement with Julius Smokes and the Rottweilers. On that note you should probably add Benny from the Bronx (Benny Blanco) because despite never actually wrestling he'd always appear alongside Smokes.

Alex Shelley and Jimmy Jacobs should both be face, they were only part-timers in ROH but they were doing their Berserker gimmick with the fuzzy boots and HUSS noises whenever they did get a shot. Also Don Juan should be a face (if he's on the roster at all), he wasn't doing much but when he was they'd just play up his involvement with Rudy Boy Gonzalez. Slyk Wagner Brown and April Hunter should probably be faces too, again they were very rarely featured but they had a short feud with the Outcast Killaz and Slyk was a big home town hero whenever they made the trip to Connecticut. I'd possibly turn Bryan Danielson too, granted everyone loved him but whenever he was round he'd very rarely play the face in his matches, every match he had was built around him picking his opponent apart until the big babyface comeback at the end. Either/or works because at this point Danielson was a really high profile part-timer, so whenever he did show up he got cheered.

Chad Collyer, Doug Williams, Low Ki, Jack Evans and Sonjay Dutt should all be added to the roster, they were all announced for shows at the end of 2003 and Ki had returned in a (pun not intended) low key capacity by accompanying Homicide to the ring for his match with Satoshi Kojima.

Also the card positions seem a little off, especially with the likes of Special K. Special K seemed to come in about three tiers; top tier was Izzy, Dixie and Deranged (whenever Deranged was about), I'd argue they'd be Upper Midcarders at a push, because those three were always in some level of high profile(ish) feud. Second tier was Angel Dust and Hydro, if someone in Special K needed to take the fall, it'd be either of those two. They were also the two most technically sound of the group, so they were used whenever they needed a workhorse in the ring, I'd slot them in the lower midcard to midcard slot. The rest of Special K at this point (Elax, Hijinx, Cloudy, Cheech) were the punchline. They'd ocassionally be there, they'd ocassionally not. I think all of them would wrestle on the pre-shows, but they were rarely if ever even noticed by anyone. There was also Joey Matthews, who joined at Glory by Honor II but I don't think he appeared again. I'd make a case for taking him off the roster altogether.

So I'd have it as Izzy & Dixie as Upper Midcarders, Deranged in the Midcard, Angel Dust & Hydro as Lower Midcarders, Hijinx as an Opener and Elax, Cheech & Cloudy as Enhancement Talent.

Other card positions:-

Ace Steel - Lower Midcarder/Midcarder, for one he'd only had one or two matches at this point and whenever he did come in he was just the fall guy for Punk and Cabana. He was spoke highly off by Gabe on commentary for training Punk and Cabana but he was very rarely used. It was to the point that if Steel was in a match or if he was teaming with the Second City Saints you knew he'd be the one taking the pin.

Alex Shelley - Opener/Lower Midcarder. Part-timer, he didn't actually get his big break until Generation Next came in in the Spring of '04.

Becky Bayless - Manager, she wasn't in any position of authority, just bumping around with Special K.

Caprice Coleman - Opener/Enhancement Talent. Total pre-show fall-guy, nothing more.

Chris Sabin - Midcarder. Part timer, never involved in anything that meant anything.

Diablo Santiago/Oman Tortuga - Enhancement Talent. Never won nothing, was forever paying his dues.

Fast Eddie - Opener.

Jay Briscoe/Mark Briscoe - Upper Midcarder/Main Eventer. Him and Mark were really heavily promoted at the end of 2003, they were tag champs, managed by Jim Cornette and feuding with and getting wins over the likes of Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Bryan Danielson. They were a super big deal.

Jim Cornette - Manager. Managing the Briscoes and doing a fine job of it.

Jimmy Jacobs - Opener/Lower Midcarder. Same as Alex Shelley at this point.

Johnny Kashmere/Trent Acid - Midcarder. Second tier team after the Briscoes, ROH were pretty solidly behind the Backseats throughout 2003.

Justin Credible/HC Loc/DeVito - Upper Midcarder. They were never going to break through the glass ceiling but they were always made a fuss of purely to appeal to the people who just wouldn't let ECW die.

Nigel McGuinness - Opener. Another guy who hadn't really done anything yet, in fact I think he'd only had one match by the time 2004 rolled around.

Prince Nana - Manager. He announced he was stepping away from the ring permanently in December to focus on managing the Embassy, which was just Xavier at this point. But yeah, he'd fought his last fight by this point.

Xavier - Upper Midcarder. Main event was really stacked at this point, and Xavier seemed to be lost in the shuffle of that. He'd found some direction with the John Walters feud and the Embassy announcement but he definitely wasn't upper echelon at the time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm still going through some ROH stuff, here's how I feel the card positions should look:

Main Event
AJ Styles [F]
Bryan Danielson [H]
Christopher Daniels [H]
CM Punk [H]
Samoa Joe [F]

Upper Midcard
BJ Whitmer [H]
Colt Cabana [H]
Dan Maff [H]
HC Loc [F]
Homicide [F]
Jay Briscoe [H]
Mark Briscoe [H]
Matt Stryker [F]
Tony DeVito [F]
Xavier [H]

Midcard
Ace Steel [H]

Alex Shelley [F]

Chad Collyer [H]
Deranged [H]
Dixie [H]
Izzy [H]

Jack Evans [F]
Jimmy Rave [F]
John Walters [F]
Johnny Kashmere [F]
Sonjay Dutt [F]
The Amazing Red [F]
Trent Acid [F]

Lower Midcard
Angel Dust [H]
Dunn [F]
Hotstuff Hernandez [F]
Hydro [H]
Jimmy Jacobs [F]

Joel Maximo [F]

Jose Maximo [F]
Josh Daniels [F]
Marcos [F]

Nigel McGuinness [H]

Slugger [F]
Slyk Wagner Brown [F]

Opener

Benny from the Bronx [F]
Diablo Santiago [H]
Don Juan [F]
Fast Eddie [F]
Hijinx [H]
Oman Tortuga [H]

Enhancement Talent
Cheech [H]
Cloudy [H]
Elax [H]

Women's Division

Occassional Wrestler

Chris Sabin [F]

Doug Williams [F]

Jerry Lynn [F]

Justin Credible [F]

Low-Ki [F]

Manager

Allison Danger [H] (Managing:- BJ Whitmer, Christopher Daniels, Dan Maff)

April Hunter [F] (Managing:- Slyk Wagner Brown)

Becky Bayless [H] (Managing:- Angel Dust, Cheech, Cloudy, Deranged, Dixie, Elax, Hijinx, Hydro, Izzy)

Jim Cornette [H] (Managing:- Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe)

Julius Smokes [F] (Managing:- Benny from the Bronx, Homicide, Slugger)
Prince Nana [H] (Managing:- Xavier)

Announcer

Chris Lovey [F] (aka Gabe Sapolsky)

Colour Commentator

Ray Murrow [F] (aka Doug Gentry)

Referee (Maybe not entirely accurate, although I'll do a bit more research)

Paul Turner [F]

Sean Hanson [F]

Todd Sinclair [F]

Authority Figure

Road Agent

Rob Feinstein [F]

Personality

Cary Silkin [F]

Gary Michael Capetta [F]

Edited by Seth ROlliens.

Have you done much work on this since the latest release? Mainly interested about the EU/UK scene, because I've been thinking of starting a game with an UK or EU based company.

Will also be posting notes from the watcher game soon. Years 2011-2014 are next.

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

• 3 weeks later...