Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

Here are the first Impact taping spoilers for you all, I will post the proper show write-up but for those of you who can't wait...highlight below.

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling:

Impact! Spoilers – Tuesday 9th November 2004

Hey everyone! I have just returned from the TNA Impact taping for this Friday’s extended show, and it was a solid show from top to bottom!

Results:

The X-Division Champion Petey Williams came out to the ring first and proceeded to bash AJ Styles for leaving to join the WWE. He stated how he forced Styles out, and then Jerry Lynn walked out and made his return to TNA! Lynn said how Williams will never be a man like AJ and Williams then challenged Lynn to step into the ring – RIGHT NOW!

Non-Championship Match

Jerry Lynn def. Petey Williams

Lynn countered the Canadian Destryoer and hit the Cradle Piledriver to win, D’Amore hit the ring afterwards with his Hockey Stick and helped the fallen champ up.

Raven then came down to the ring with a microphone. He said how he would have won the Monsters Ball match at Victory Road if it wasn’t for the distraction in the rafters. Raven challenges the man who was sitting up there to reveal himself, but nothing happens. Raven leaves the ring and says he will search for the mystery man himself!

James Storm def. Christopher Daniels

Good match which saw no interference from either team. Daniels was nailed with a superkick as he jumped off the top rope and that allowed Storm to pick up the win.

Raven is shown walking backstage when he comes up to a door with an envelope stuck to it. It has “Raven” wrote on it and he proceeds to remove it and open up to find…a blank piece of paper inside. Raven looks puzzled as he screws it up and wanders off backstage.

NWA Tag Team Championship

New York Connection def. 3 Live Kru

The titles changed hands as 3 Live Kru’s BG James and Konnan were defeated by Glenn Gilberti and Johnny Swinger. James had the advantage and looked set to retain the gold for his team when Kevin Nash ran down from the back and gave him a Jacknife Powerbomb behind the referees back. Nash then levelled Konnan following Gilberti making the pin. 3 Live Kru were down and without their titles following Nash’s attack…

Backstage Shane Douglas interviews Monty Brown – he says how he will unleash the pounce on anyone standing in his way of him getting a NWA Title shot. Brown then sends a message to Dusty Rhodes that he includes the Director of Authority in that statement!

Tag Team Match

Pat Kenney and Johnny B. Badd def. The Naturals

Johnny B. Badd pinned Chase Stevens following his “Kiss That Don’t Miss” finishing move (aka the TKO).

Kid Kash def. Sonjay Dutt

Rowdy Roddy Piper was ringside to watch this match – but didn’t get involved. Kash won with the Money Maker via a distraction on Dutt from Dallas. Kash and Dallas shouted at Piper on the outside before security managed to force them both to the back before any violence could break out.

Dusty Rhodes then made a massive Turning Point announcement. He said how he was getting demands for title shots against Jeff Jarrett here, there and everywhere. So at Victory Road it would be a 5 on 5 Elimination Tag Team Match. Jarrett, Hall, Nash, Abyss and Monty Brown against Jeff Hardy, Ron Killings, Konnan, BG James and (if he turns up) THE MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE! Elimination rules mean that the last man in the ring for the winning team would be the new champion.

Tag Team Match

Jeff Hardy and Ron Killings def. Jeff Jarrett and Scott Hall

Abyss interfered during the match and gave Jarrett the Black Hole Slam – which allowed Hardy to score the Senton Bomb and pick up the win. However Nash came out and attacked the winners as Abyss was taken out by a chair shot from Hall. Then as the faces were getting beaten down…the music started! Randy Savage stormed the ring! And everyone hightailed it out of the ring! Jarrett looked on from the outside as Savage helped Hardy and Killings to their feet.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Impact! Results – Friday 12th November 2004

Impact opened with a brief still shots based highlights video of Victory Road. The video ended with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall interfering to make sure that Double J retained the NWA Heavyweight Title.

Petey Williams Hits the Ring

As Impact properly started Petey Williams made his way down to the ring with his X-Division Title slung over his left shoulder. Surprisingly he was by himself and without his Team Canada comrades. When in the ring he was passed a microphone.

Petey Williams: Last Sunday, at Victory Road I proved to everyone that I am not a fluke champion, that I am a great champion. And I proved it to the extent where AJ Styles this last week left TNA to join the WWE! But no folks, he didn’t want a pay rise or a cushy midcard level on Smackdown like you all have been led to believe, NO! He realized he couldn’t show his pale white face and country hick accent around here ever again. He realized that after running his mouth that he could not prove that he was better than me…

Someone then walked out into the Impact isle with no music, Williams stopped as the camera revealed Jerry Lynn with a microphone! Jerry Lynn was back on TNA!

Jerry Lynn: You can shut your mouth right there punk! AJ was the greatest wrestler to ever step foot here in TNA! And for you to bash him now he has taken the next step hurts me. Me and AJ fought in TNA from day one, we tagged together and fought over titles together. And the bottom line is that he is more of a man and a better wrestler than you will EVER be!

Petey Willams: Jerry Lynn?! I thought you would have been locked away in the old retirement home by now! But seeing as you like to run your mouth and stick your nose into other people’s business, how about you step into the ring and wrestle me, right now!

Lynn dropped his microphone and tore off his shirt before running down the aisle and sliding into the ring, the match was on!

57%

Non-Championship Match

Petey Williams vs. Jerry Lynn

Lynn ducked a Williams clothesline and came off the opposite ropes with a massive forearm! The X-Division champion was already in trouble! Lynn pulled him up for the Cradle Piledriver! Williams managed to roll out however and he scored a low blow – which the referee acknowledged by having words with him. Lynn was on the backfoot following that moment and was slammed all over the ring by Williams, move after move it seemed that Lynn had no answer. Williams called for the Canadian Destroyer in the ring as Scott D’Amore headed down from the back with a smile on his face – and hockey stick in hand. Lynn however countered and hooked up the Cradle Piledriver from nowhere! The referee went down onto the mat as Lynn hooked the leg! 1…2…3! Lynn had won it! D’Amore slid into the ring with the hockey stick as the man who had just defeated the X-Division champion made a sharp exit to ringside. Lynn had his arm raised as D’Amore and Williams looked on in disbelief from the ring…

Winner: Jerry Lynn

Time: 5:43

Match Rating: **1/2

72% - 62% - 82%

A highlight video aired of the “Monsters Ball” match from Victory Road just before Impact went to a commercial break.

-: commercial break :-

Raven…

Raven made his way down to the ring as Impact returned, he took a microphone from the timekeepers table and slid into the ring…

Raven: Last Sunday at Victory Road I surprised myself when I fell victim to the pounce and lost the Monsters Ball match.

Raven stopped and thought for a moment…

Raven: Sure in look and appearance I may not be much of a monster in comparison to Monty Brown and the mask wearing Abyss, but I contain the most blackest soul, the least remorse to other human beings. And sure as hell I am more of a monster inside than either Brown or Abyss can be on the out.

Raven looked up towards the rafters before continuing.

Raven: I would have won last Sunday if it wasn’t for the distraction of a figure in black up there, in the rafters. It was watching me and distracting me to the point where my concentration wasn’t where it should have been. I am challenging that mystery man to come out here and step in this ring with me, because if it wasn’t for you my destiny would not have taken a hit – a backwards step. Come out and reveal yourself! NOW!

Raven dropped the microphone and all attention was then focused on the entranceway to the Impact arena. After a long wait it was acknowledged by everyone that nothing had or was going to happen, so Raven picked up the microphone again.

Raven: Seeing as you want to hide in the back in the dark, it looks like I am going to have to come and find you…and when I do…you won’t see nothing but darkness covering your being! Quote the Raven…Nevermore.

Raven dropped his microphone and headed backstage – he was going to find the mystery man!

79%

Christopher Daniels vs. James Storm

Moments after Raven went through the curtain AMW’s music started up, and James Storm made his way down to the ring. He was without tag partner Chris Harris for this singles match. As to was Christopher Daniels (but this was only because Elix Skipper was still suffering from a concussion). When both men were in the ring the match got underway with Daniels countering any offence Storm could muster against him. Daniels eventually made a mistake that allowed Storm back into the contest, he misplaced a t-bone suplex and allowed Storm to land on his feet. The Fallen Angel turned around into a dropkick – which knocked him into the corner. Daniels countered a running splash from Storm with an elbow and headed up onto the top rope. He dove off with an elbow but was met with a superkick from Storm! Right to the skull! 1…2…3! Daniels had been completely knocked out! Storm celebrated his win in the ring as the director sent the tv feed backstage.

Winner: James Storm

Time: 4:37

Match Rating: ***

77% - 71% - 84%

Raven’s First Sign

Raven was wandering about backstage seemingly looking for the mystery man when he came up to a door. As he went to open it he noticed an envelope stuck to it with “Raven” wrote on the front of it. He slowly pulled it off before tearing the envelope open…on withdrawing the paper inside he noticed that it was blank! Raven looked puzzled as he turned the paper over to check both sides, he then screwed it up in a stress and chucked it on the floor – before storming off in the opposite direction. The camera focused in on the screwed up paper as a black-gloved hand reached down and picked it up. The camera quickly raised up to reveal…no-one there?! Whoever or whatever had picked up the note was already gone…

92% - Raven gained 2 points of overness from this segment

3 Live Kru vs. New York Connection

3 Live Kru’s first tag team titles defence was against the New York Connection, but it was the champions who carried over their success from Victory Road by taking the early advantage in the match. Konnan worked on Gilberti with a mixture of moves – which culminated with his forward roll off the ropes into a clothesline. Konnan hooked the leg following that and got a two count before Johnny Swinger got into the ring and broke it up. Konnan struggled to make the tag to BG James following Swingers interference, but when he eventually got in he managed to nail his combination of punches on Swinger. Gilberti at this point made the tag and ran back into the ring – only for Konnan to low bridge him over the top rope to the outside of the ring! The referee checked on Gilberti by looking over the top rope as James pulled up Swinger for the pumphandle slam…But out of nowhere a Big Boot came to James’ face! It was KEVIN NASH! The referee was still distracted as Nash pulled up James and levelled him with a massive Jacknife Powerbomb! Gilberti slid back into the ring as the attacker made a sharp exit, he made the cover, 1…2…3! New Tag Team Champions! Just under a week from winning the tag gold, 3 Live Kru had lost it! As Gilberti and Swinger celebrated in the ring Nash continued the assault on the losers on the outside of the ring. He threw Konnan into the barricade before raising his arms to a chorus of boos…

Winners: New York Connection

Time: 7:12

Match Rating: *1/2

68% - 64% - 72% - The NWA Tag Team Titles have gained in image

Monty Brown Interview

Backstage Shane Douglas was standing by with the winner of the Monsters Ball match at Victory Road, The Alpha Male, Monty Brown.

Shane Douglas: Monty Brown, last Sunday…

Monty Brown: Shane Douglas, everyone’s a talking about last Sunday and how the Alpha Male beat Raven and Abyss in the Monsters Ball match! Well it’s time for the people to stop livin’ in the past! Because Monty Brown is now lookin’ to the future! The NWA Title! I want that NWA Title! And anyone who stands in the Alpha Male’s way shall feel the POUNCE! An’ that includes any Directors of Authority round here, Dusty!

Brown knocked Douglas’ microphone out of his hands before walking away from the interview.

73% - Monty Brown gained 1 point of overness from this segment

Tag Team Match

The Naturals vs. Pat Kenney and Johnny B. Badd

Back at ringside Pat Kenney and Johnny B. Badd were making their way down to the ring ready to face The Naturals – Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas. As their opponents climbed into the ring Kenney was jumped from behind by Douglas, the other two partners went into their corners as Kenney was knocked over into the corner of the ring. Following a mat-based assault Stevens was tagged into the match by Douglas. The Naturals worked over Kenney in the corner as Badd attempted to get his partner over for the tag. Eventually however Kenney managed to plant a neckbreaker and jump over for the tag! Badd went for a clothesline and had it ducked, scoop slam from Stevens and he headed up onto the top rope…Shooting Star Press…missed! Badd had rolled out of the way! He pulled up his hurt opponent and nailed the Kiss That Don’t Miss! Kenney staggered back onto his feet and stood by the pin to make sure Douglas didn’t break it up, 1…2…3. For the second time in one week Johnny B. Badd had won in tag team action, he celebrated alongside Kenney in the ring as Impact went for another break.

Winners: Pat Kenney and Johnny B. Badd

Time: 4:25

Match Rating: **1/4

71% - 62% - 80% - Pat Kenney is losing overness because of his weak gimmick

Kid Kash vs. Sonjay Dutt

On returning from the break Rowdy Roddy Piper’s music started to play around the arena. The bagpipes played Piper down to cheers from the Impact crowd. He took a place at the announcers position alongside Mike Tenay and Don West – he was ready to help call the Kid Kash/Sonjay Dutt match. Kash when in the ring stared at Piper on the outside this allowed Dutt to make a quick entrance – and thus give the advantage to the “Playa from the Himalayas”. Dutt took down Kash with a flipping neckbreaker off the ropes before locking in a headlock. However this match was destined to be short-lived as Dallas ran down from the back and climbed up onto the apron. He started to run his mouth at Dutt and provided the perfect distraction for Kash to get up and pull his opponent into the Money Maker! 1…2…3. Kash had won, but there was no celebration as he immediately turned his attention to Piper – who removed his headset and stood up. Kash started to shout at Piper as Dallas joined him in the ring, he yelled something like, “Like me now old timer?!” before climbing to the outside of the ring. As he walked towards Piper the TNA security ran down from the back and with the numbers game pushed Dallas and Kash towards the backstage area. The thing between Piper and Kash looked at boiling point…and no where near being over.

Winner: Kid Kash

Time: 4:03

Match Rating: **1/4

70% - 61% - 80% - Rowdy Roddy Piper is losing overness because of his weak gimmick

Dusty Rhodes creates a Turning Point…

Backstage Shane Douglas was once again ready to conduct an interview as Dusty Rhodes was standing alongside him.

Shane Douglas: Dusty…we have already heard that Monty Brown wants a title match following his win at Victory Road…

Dusty Rhodes: Weeellll, if the Alpha Male wants himself a title shot then it looks like the American Dream shall have to negotiate one! You see Shane Douglas, I was sittin’ on my big fat TNA Director of Authority ass ponderin’ about when I managed to squeeze from ma’ brain a match for Turning Point. A NWA Title match for Turning Point. The title match that will keep everyone happy in the TNA camp!

Dusty Rhodes: ‘cause at Turning Point wees a gonna have a 5 on 5 elimination match for the NWA Title! In one corner it will be the champ Double J, Jeff Jarrett. Nash and Hall. Tha’ Alpha Male Monty Brown! And Abyss! While in tha’ other corner we will seeee, Jeff Hardy, 3 Live Kru’s Ron Tha’ Truth Killings, Bee Gee James and Konnan. But that last spot, well it is reserved for the moment. If the man shows up – it’s his! THE MACHOOOO MAN RANDY SAVAGE! Ooh yeah, you people like that!

Cheers exploded around the Impact arena as Dusty smiled right into the commercial break.

85%

Tag Team Match

Jeff Jarrett and Scott Hall vs. Jeff Hardy and Ron Killings

When Impact returned from the commercial break it was time for the main event of the evening. Jarrett looked very unhappy as he came down to the ring alongside his partner Scott Hall. He knew his title would be vulnerable at Turning Point. Then the opponents stormed the ring to get the match underway. Hardy nailed Jarrett while Killings nailed Hall, the fists were exchanged all over the ring before the referee managed to make Killings and Jarrett get across into their corners. Hardy took the early advantage over Hall and managed to score a couple of early two counts, who then countered a Hardy whip into the corner and sent him to the same fate. Hardy countered back with a kick to Hall’s gut, he then climbed onto the second turnbuckle and spun off with a tornado DDT! 1…2…Hall kicked out. That was the closest to a three yet! Both men were still down however after the move as both Jarrett and Killings shouted for their partners to get to their corners. Jarrett managed the first tag and attempted to drag Hardy back only for him to just stretch the tag anyway! A brawl erupted in the ring between all four men! Hall and Hardy knocked themselves to the outside while Jarrett whipped the Truth into the referee – knocking him down! Jarrett then nailed the Stroke on Killings and hooked the leg! There was no referee as…Abyss’ music started to play! The masked monster lumbered down to the ring as a smile broke out on Double J’s face…Abyss slid into the ring and stood behind Killings as he got back on his feet. He turned around and Abyss ran towards him, but Abyss didn’t grab the Truth! He grabbed Jarrett! BLACK HOLE SLAM! Abyss had taken out the champ! He then went to the outside of the ring as Killings fell to the mat again…Hardy meanwhile climbed up onto the top rope…Senton Bomb! The referee was stirring as Hardy hooked the leg! Hall levelled Abyss with a chair shot on the outside! Back in the ring! 1…2…3! Hall was too slow to break up the count! Hardy had pinned the NWA Champ! But there was no time for celebrations as Kevin Nash stormed the ring – he nailed Killings with a Jacknife powerbomb as the champ got back up onto his feet. Hardy was pulled up by Hall into the Razors Edge! Jarrett, Hall and Nash stood tall in the ring as…THE MACHO MAN’S MUSIC STARTED UP! Randy Savage came out from the Impact entrance as the crowd went wild! He ran down the ramp and slid into the ring as Jarrett, Hall and Nash all jumped to the outside of the ring and edged backstage. Killings and Hardy were helped up by Savage as Jarrett looked on…he was back! He was in TNA! And he was staking his claim to the NWA Title! Impact went off the air.

Winners: Jeff Hardy and Ron Killings

Time: 9:07

Match Rating: **3/4

78% - 77% - 80% - Scott Hall debuted his new gimmick (Old School Heel), it got a positive response.

Overall Show Rating: 74%

Overall Television Rating: 4.04

Attendance: 4,040

Ticket Sales: $161,600

E-Mails Following Impact

Jeff Hardy - I think you might be pushing me too high up the card, the fans seem to be resenting me.

Jerry Lynn - Petey Williams and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Christopher Daniels? I think our styles would really work well together.

Road Agent - Petey Williams and Jerry Lynn didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

user posted image

Xplosion Preview – Saturday 13th November 2004

This week on Xplosion the monster Abyss will face two men in a 2 on 1 Handicap Match. However it would have to be said that despite these odds D-Ray 3000 and Shark Boy do look the underdogs. Will Abyss win? Or will Shark Boy and D-Ray prove resilient enough to cause an upset?

Xplosion host Jeremy Borash has promised also this week to have an in-depth look of how the 5 on 5 Elimination match for the NWA Title will go down at Turning Point, it will prove interesting to see if the rules favour the champion or not…

In other matches Sonny Siaki meets Frankie Kazarian while David Young meets Michael Shane.

Confirmed Matches:

2 on 1 Handicap Match

Abyss vs. Shark Boy and D-Ray 3000

Sonny Siaki vs. Frankie Kazarian

David Young vs. Michael Shane

While Impact proved TNA could be a success Xplosion proved otherwise...

Xplosions ratings in comparison with Impact were not good...WWE's Velocity show would prove to take away the few viewers that TNA required in order to keep the show afloat - something would have to happen because currently the Urban American network were not happy...

user posted image

Xplosion Results – Saturday 13th November 2004

Sonny Siaki vs. Frankie Kazarian

Xplosion opened following a brief introduction from Jeremy Borash and went straight into the first match of the night with Sonny Siaki facing Frankie “The Future” Kazarian. And it was the future who took the early advantage with a few slaps and standing dropkicks to the Ace in the Hole. Siaki however quickly managed to fight his way back into the match and scored with a sit-down faceplant for a two count. Kazarian was forced into the corner – only to elbow Siaki to the face and score with a running clothesline…then from the crowd ran someone…dressed in a Elvis costume?! He climbed into the ring…Kazarian turned around and was nailed with a pumphandle slam! The referee was as shocked as the crowd as Siaki rolled over and made the cover…the shocked ref counted despite the interference! 1…2…3! The man dressed like Elvis had just helped Siaki win his match! He wasn’t hanging around however and left Siaki in the ring to celebrate his win. But by the look on his face even he didn’t have a clue about what the man dressed like Elvis was about!

Winner: Sonny Siaki

Time: 4:23

Match Rating: **1/2

71% - 59% - 83% - Mystery Elvis Man is losing overness because of his weak gimmick

Impact! Highlight Video – Tag Team Mayhem

There was no referee as…Abyss’ music started to play! The masked monster lumbered down to the ring as a smile broke out on Double J’s face…Abyss slid into the ring and stood behind Killings as he got back on his feet. He turned around and Abyss ran towards him, but Abyss didn’t grab the Truth! He grabbed Jarrett! BLACK HOLE SLAM! Abyss had taken out the champ! He then went to the outside of the ring as Killings fell to the mat again…Hardy meanwhile climbed up onto the top rope…Senton Bomb! The referee was stirring as Hardy hooked the leg! Hall levelled Abyss with a chair shot on the outside! Back in the ring! 1…2…3! Hall was too slow to break up the count! Hardy had pinned the NWA Champ! But there was no time for celebrations as Kevin Nash stormed the ring – he nailed Killings with a Jacknife powerbomb as the champ got back up onto his feet. Hardy was pulled up by Hall into the Razors Edge! Jarrett, Hall and Nash stood tall in the ring as…THE MACHO MAN’S MUSIC STARTED UP! Randy Savage came out from the Impact entrance as the crowd went wild! He ran down the ramp and slid into the ring as Jarrett, Hall and Nash all jumped to the outside of the ring and edged backstage. Killings and Hardy were helped up by Savage as Jarrett looked on…he was back! He was in TNA! And he was staking his claim to the NWA Title! Impact went off the air.

82% - Ron Killings gained 1 point of overness from this segment

Michael Shane vs. David Young

Jeremy Borash went over his thoughts from the previous Impact highlights as David Young and Michael Shane squared off in the ring in singles action. Shane was the quicker of the two men and used his pace to take down “the master of the spinebuster” time after time, he managed to follow this up with a armbar before whipping Young into the corner of the ring. Shane went for a hurricarana out of the corner but was caught by Young and dumped over the top rope to the floor. The referee started the ring-out count as Shane caught his breath for a moment after that surprising counter. He quickly grabbed Young by the legs and pulled him to the mat before heading up onto the top rope, he dove off with a crossbody! 1…2…Young kicked out and managed to sidestep a standing dropkick…spinebuster! Shane’s head hit the mat! 1…2…3! David Young had pulled out the win from seemingly nothing! He celebrated as Shane lay on the mat looking very pissed off.

Winner: David Young

Time: 6:43

Match Rating: *1/2

61% - 47% - 75% - Michael Shane lost 2 points of overness from this match. David Young gained 2 points of overness from this match.

How it will go down – 5 on 5 at Turning Point

The director then focused on Jeremy Borash as he announced it was time to take a deeper look into the rules for the 5 on 5 Elimination Tag Team match at Turning Point – for the NWA Heavyweight Championship. Borash stated that:

 Pinfalls, Submissions, Count-Outs and Disqualifications will count for eliminations

 If Jeff Jarrett’s team have more than one person on their team when the other team are completely eliminated then Double J will retain the title by default…

 However, If the Macho Man’s team have more than one person on their team when the other team are completely eliminated then the remaining men will compete in a shootout where it is all on all to decide one winner – and thus one champion.

 There will be no time limit to the match.

Borash finished up by plugging Turning Point, live on Pay-Per-View Sunday December 5. He told everyone to order it as to not miss a good slice of Total Nonstop Action.

80%

Video hyping the Macho Man

A promotional video aired as Xplosion returned from the commercial break – it featured Randy Savage talking about highlights of his career and how he was now in TNA to make an impact. Borash then announces that Savage will have an open microphone this week on Impact…

83%

2 on 1 Handicap Match

Abyss vs. Shark Boy and D-Ray 3000

The main event of Xplosion saw Abyss lumber down to the ring to face the tag team of Shark Boy and D-Ray 3000. When all three men were in the ring Shark Boy and D-Ray started to argue over who should go first to face the monster opposite. It seemed D-Ray thought Shark Boy should because he also wears a mask! While Shark Boy retaliated by saying that D-Ray’s afro was a good reason for him to go first! The sign language between the two men continued until Abyss got bored of waiting…he grabbed Shark Boy around the throat and threw him across the ring into the corner. D-Ray meanwhile jumped on Abyss’ back – bad move. Abyss fell back and squashed the afro headed wrestler right into the mat! Shark Boy ran across the ring and straight into the most brutal Black Hole Slam Abyss had ever done! Abyss hooked the leg, 1…2…3. It was academic. Abyss was just too powerful even for these two men. The monster stared out to the crowd as Borash once again plugged Impact and Turning Point, Xplosion ended.

Winner: Abyss

Time: 4:06

Match Rating: *1/4

61% - 50% - 72%

Overall Show Rating: 57%

Overall Television Rating: 0.01

Attendance: 4,513

Ticket Sales: $180,520

E-Mails following Xplosion

Urban America – The ratings for Xplosion need to improve

Sophie - Our ratings battle with IWC Ignition is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!

Sophie - Our ratings battle with HCW Evolution is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!

Sophie - Our ratings battle with WLW TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!

Sophie - Our ratings battle with Main Event TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!

Sophie - Competing with Velocity is hurting us, they're taking most of our viewers!

Monty Brown - I would like to work with Johnny B. Badd at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results.

Sonny Siaki - I think you might be pushing me too high up the card, the fans seem to be resenting me.

While WWE had already stolen AJ Styles and signed him to a written contract it came across as very hironic that just a week or so later the next guy involved in a program with Petey Williams would be snapped up also!

Jerry Lynn Leaves TNA...Joins the WWE

World Wrestling Entertainment further added to their roster of wrestlers by today signing TNA's Jerry Lynn to a written contract. Lynn had previously worked with the WWE - and also won the Lightheavyweight championship on his debut. As he put it "he has history with Vince's fed". And alike Styles he has been promised a reasonable push on the Smackdown roster - (however it is worth noting Styles has yet to leave Ohio Valley Wrestling and join up with the main roster).

TNA officials are supposed to have begged Lynn to stay, but alike Styles he saw more glory and income from the WWE and thus went into that direction.

user posted image

Impact! Preview – Friday 19th November 2004

Last week on Impact the American Dream (and TNA Director of Authority) Dusty Rhodes made the announcement that at Turning Point on December 5th the NWA Title would be defended in a five on five elimination match. Abyss was placed on the same team as the champion Jeff Jarrett – but proceeded to make it very clear that he had no intention of being a team player. Abyss caused Jeff Hardy to score a pinfall over the champion in the tag team match due to his Black Hole Slam…

Jarrett has promised this week that he will beat some respect and unity into the monster before the “team” arrives at Turning Point.

The second of the two main events on this weeks Impact also sees Kevin Nash and Scott Hall attempt to build a teamwork bond with the Alpha Male Monty Brown – as they face the 3 Live Kru in a 6 Man Tag Team Match. Brown has made it perfectly clear that he wants the NWA Title…will he be a team player for Jarrett, Nash and Hall? Or will he like Abyss be a one man show…find out on Impact!

“The Macho Man” created the biggest Impact during last week’s show however when he ran down following the main event to save Ron Killings and Jeff Hardy from a beatdown. Randy Savage following this asked Dusty Rhodes in the back if he could have an “open mike” for this week’s show…Rhodes agreed and now everyone shall hear what the returning Macho Man has to say…

Mind games currently haunt Raven. Last week he went in search of the mystery man who he blamed for his loss in the Monsters Ball match at Victory Road. However on finding some evidence in the form of an envelope on a door he was surprised to find a blank piece of paper inside. This week who knows what other plans Raven will have, or in turn what plans the mystery man will have!

The New York Connection on last weeks Impact won the NWA Tag Team Titles from the screwed 3 Live Kru. Nash’s interference was enough for Gilberti to pick up the win – but this week they will have to go it alone as they defend their gold against D-Ray 3000 and Shark Boy.

This week’s Impact is going to be one massive show, and there are even rumors of a new debuting star! Tune in Friday on FSN!

Confirmed Matches:

Jeff Jarrett vs. Abyss

6 Man Tag Team Match

Monty Brown, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall vs. 3 Live Kru

New York Connection © vs. Shark Boy and D-Ray 3000

Impact! Spoilers – Friday 19th November 2004

(highlight to reveal)

Hey guys, I’m Steven from Orlando and I just got back from my first Impact! Taping, and without a doubt I will be back in the future! What a show!!

Results:

As everyone had taken their seats the Macho Man’s music started to play! And the man himself came out! I assume this will be on the show as it happened after the shows designated start time. Savage got into the ring and explained that he was in TNA because he wanted to be part of the next big wrestling federation. He also said that when he watched on TV he was annoyed at seeing Jarrett screw his way back to the Heavyweight Title, by cheating. Savage continued and said how he came to TNA just to beat Jarrett for the title and to wipe his second rate grin off his face! He then promised that he would be the NWA Heavyweight Champion leaving Turning Point! His music started up and Savage headed to the back.

New York Connection © def. Shark Boy and D-Ray 3000

Bog standard tag match with Swinger eventually picking up the win with a rollup using the ropes on Shark Boy.

A video played on the video screen to hype Turning Point on December 5th.

Tag Team Match

Johnny B. Badd and Pat Kenney def. Kid Kash and Dallas

Midway through this tag team match Rowdy Roddy Piper made his way down to the ring. He grabbed Kash’s leg as he ran off the ropes and thus caught his attention. While the K-I-D was distracted Dallas jumped off the apron to confront Piper…but got smashed in the head with a coconut for his trouble! Dallas hit the floor as in the ring Johnny B. Badd pulled up Kash and nailed “Kiss That Don’t Miss”. He hooked the leg and won the match. As the winners went backstage Piper climbed into the ring and was ready to nail Kash with another coconut when he got low-blowed for his troubles! Kash then made a quick exit – helping Dallas up as he went.

When both teams had made it to the back the X-Division Champion Petey Williams came out alongside Scott D’Amore with a smile on his face. He said how he couldn’t believe that he forced out two TNA superstars, two weeks running. First AJ Styles and then Jerry Lynn. Williams continued by saying that they had both joined WWE because they were scared of humiliation – the humiliation of being slaughtered in a X-Division title match…he continued to babble on until Jeff Hardy’s music started up! He came out with a microphone and said how he has had enough of Williams’ complaints and supposed triumphs every week. Hardy confesses that he will never return to the WWE and challenges Williams to a one on one match, now!

Non-Championship Match

Jeff Hardy def. Petey Williams

Clean win for Hardy as he nailed a Senton Bomb to pick up the win. Following the match D’Amore did not look impressed with his Team Canada member.

Backstage Dusty Rhodes announced some more Turning Point matches:

Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Kid Kash

TNA X-Division Championship – International Fatal 4 Way Match – Petey Williams (CAN) © vs. Chris Sabin (USA) vs. Nosawa (JPN) vs. Mr. Aguila (MEX)

NWA Tag Team Championship – New York Connection © vs. Johnny B. Badd and Pat Kenney

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall then came down to the ring ready for their 6 Man Tag Match. They commented on how people suggested that they were nothing more than scum and were only going to screw Double J over. Nash said that only he and Hall were team players – and are only interested in allowing Jarrett to retain his title at Turning Point. Hall then says how he is upset that Abyss and Monty Brown seemingly don’t want to help this cause – Nash promises that Brown will see the light.

Six Man Tag Team Match

Monty Brown, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall def. 3 Live Kru

Brown wrestled the entire match for his team as Nash and Hall failed to make a tag even once! 3 Live Kru had an advantage for the entire match effectively until Brown managed to nail the Pounce on Killings for the three count. Following the match Nash and Hall got in the ring and congratulated a tired Brown on his performance. When told that they look forward to him being a team player at Turning Point Brown stopped them from leaving the ring and set the record straight. He was in the match for himself and for the title – there was no team and certain "team" individuals had better watch their back…for the pounce!

As the ring emptied ready for the main event a spotlight revealed Raven standing in amongst the crowd. He had a microphone and had found another note, he read it out and it said how the mystery man was the only man who could make Raven reach his destiny…

Raven commented on how he didn’t care for little notes and wanted to meet the mystery man one on one…Quote the Raven, nevermore.

Jeff Jarrett def. Abyss

Jeff Jarrett came close to losing to Abyss until (surprise, surprise) Nash and Hall made their impact and took out the masked monster. Following the Stroke Abyss was down for the three…and looked in trouble as Jarrett had a guitar in hand with Nash and Hall alongside. But from the back ran the opposition! Hardy and the 3 Live Kru came down and cleared house! BUT WAIT! Abyss nailed a Black Hole Slam on Hardy! And emptied the ring of the 3 Live Kru! What the hell was going on?! He looked to the outside of the ring at Jarrett, Nash and Hall…who all smiled.

Impact looks really good for this week. I have to tell you you've done a great job of realisticly advances the World Title picture. Things are very interesting to say the least. I have one small qualm though. "The Outsiders" is trademarked by the WWE so TNA wouldn't be able to call the team by that name. As for all the stealings by the WWE, why don't you sign some guys to written contracts? I mean TNA actually has AJ Styles, AMW, Dusty Rhoads, ect. signed to written deals preventing the WWE from taking them.

I'm liking what's happening so far, I can't believe Lynn has re signed with WWE after the way they treated him the first time but i guess greed gets the best of people. Looking forward to the next show which im sure will be great as always :)

Impact looks really good for this week. I have to tell you you've done a great job of realisticly advances the World Title picture. Things are very interesting to say the least. I have one small qualm though. "The Outsiders" is trademarked by the WWE so TNA wouldn't be able to call the team by that name. As for all the stealings by the WWE, why don't you sign some guys to written contracts? I mean TNA actually has AJ Styles, AMW, Dusty Rhoads, ect. signed to written deals preventing the WWE from taking them.