Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

I've read all through today and I've got to say - I love it. The start seemed very rocky, but you blasted right through it and didn't let it deter you, I know I've read a Castrovenes diary before but I can't recall what it was. Anyhow, keep up the good work man, it's made me want to read about the real TNA again ^_^

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end of the month was just a week away, and projections estimated that TNA was set to make more money than November - which was when they turned the corner and actually made something...

To celebrate the new multi-partnership group signed some more wrestlers within the federation to written contracts, this would mean exclusivly to TNA.

Big steps taken, would they ultimatly pay off?

Till we meet again,

The Narrator

TNA Offers Written Contracts to Superstars

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling today signed a large group of wrestlers to join a few of the "elite" already under written contract with the company. The main names to sign were, Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper, Petey Williams, Father James Mitchell and the American Patriots Tag Team. However numerous more were also offered deals, including D-Ray 3000, Shark Boy and OK Revolution.

But still TNA faced some hostility with some wrestlers who didn't want to negotiate new deals. America's Most Wanted are still happy to work with open contracts while Jeff Hardy is not currently negotiating a new deal for when his current one expires (in five months time).

But here is the current TNA roster situation for written and open contracts, it makes intresting viewing...

Written Contract

Abismo Negro

Abyss

BG James

Chris Sabin

Christopher Daniels

Dallas

D-Ray 3000

Dusty Rhodes

Elix Skipper

Father James Mitchell

Frankie Kazarian

Glenn Gilberti

Jeff Hardy

Jeff Jarrett

Johnny Swinger

Jonny Fairplay

Kid Kash

Konnan

Michael Shane

Monty Brown

OK Revolution

Patriot 1

Patriot 2

Petey Williams

Raven

Ron Killings

Shark Boy

Simon Diamond

Sinn

Slash

Sonjay Dutt

Open Contract

Amazing Red

Andy Douglas

Chad Collyer

Chase Stevens

Chris Harris

Desire

Diamond Dallas Page

Erik Watts

Goldylocks

James Storm

Jimmy Snuka

Johnny B. Badd

Kevin Nash

Lollipop

Randy Savage

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Scott Hall

Traci

Trinity

Vampiro

From a personal standpoint I believe that TNA will offer over the next month the wrestlers it wants to keep written contracts. With the federation growing it makes logical sense to provide a safeguard from other companies. And the rest who don't get those contracts will probably be released. This could spell problems for AMW especially...

While it's only the 23rd of December today this has been the start of something special for TNA over the last couple of months. What will the New Year hold? I cannot wait to find out!

Yes, I know I haven't posted the full next show yet. I've had that mentioned enough from my good friend Stu. But on checking my writings and timelines behind TNA I found out that this has to go first...

Yours,

The Narrator

user posted image

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling Presents:

Impact! A Night at the Musicals

Show Preview – Friday 31st December 2004

TNA Wrestling today released this preview for next week’s show – a few days early, and it is no surprise why…

Next week will witness what has been described as “crazy” and “moronic” from some critics as TNA’s superstars dress up and act in, TNA…A Night at the Musicals.

TNA really thought outside the box with this one as TNA Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes confirmed the event with press alongside representatives from the joint consortium owning Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. While this concept is defiantly unique and not of a wrestling persuasion TNA officials announced that their product had to go elsewhere for the New Year’s special in order to create something totally memorable to finish 2004…which is what it will be.

Rumours are still rife that such productions as “West Side Story” and “Chicago” could make appearances in the show, while there are some already filmed segments which have been confirmed by TNA management (see below). These include the monster Abyss as the Beast in “Beauty and the Beast”, Kid Kash as Olivier in “Olivier!” and Glenn Gilberti as Tevye in “Fiddler on the Roof”!

This is the opportunity to see TNA’s superstars acting outside of the business they chose to go into. And it sure is going to be absolutely different.

Confirmed Performances

“Grease”

Starring:

NWA Heavyweight Champion – Jeff Jarrett & Others

“Olivier!”

Starring:

Kid Kash as Olivier

With cameos from…Erik Watts, Dallas and Rowdy Roddy Piper!

“Beauty and the Beast”

Starring:

Abyss as the Beast

Also with! Traci as Belle

“Fiddler on the Roof”

Starring:

Glenn Gilberti as Teyve

With cameos from…Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger!

All this and much more makes for the most different TNA production, let alone wrestling production in recent history. Make sure you tune in 8pm, New Years Eve on FSN for TNA, A Night at the Musicals! Why pay for Broadway seats, when you can see your TNA superstars act it all for you!

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

• 2 weeks later...

...End Chapter 1 entitled "A New Beginning"

...Hello Chapter 2 entitled "Just Before A New Year"

...Congratulations readers, your narrator likes to pull tricks on you and none of you commented on the "Impact! A Night at the Musicals" Bull-s*it.

No, really it wasn't going to happen. Meh, I like to end chapters in this tale with something of importance...and I really didn't have anything in the show apart from XXX/AMW's final match. But still I bet it caused you to think, hell? What? When you saw it. Abyss as the beast in Beauty and the Beast? Jeff Jarrett in Grease? It was the stuff of nightmares, or very twisted dreams - as it happens I have both.

Next week will be a normal Impact show, and a good one at that.

Moving on, it has been a while since I last produced a show for you all and this has been on the cards for a while...

So enjoy the first of the second chapter.

- The Narrator

user posted image

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling:

Impact! Results – Friday 24th December 2004

Impact opened with lengthy highlights of “The Final Encounter” Tag Team Match from last weeks show with Triple X pulling out the win over America’s Most Wanted. It then showed the shocking aftermath with Christopher Daniels completely out of the blue attacking his partner Elix Skipper…AMW made the save as the Fallen Angel made his way to the back with XXX looking over…

8-Man Tag Team Match

The New Flock and Christopher Daniels vs. Jeff Hardy, America’s Most Wanted and Elix Skipper

Jeremy Borash was shown standing in the ring as he announced the opening match for this week’s show. It was the 8-Man Tag Team match built up from the two feuds between the New Flock/Jeff Hardy and Daniels/Skipper/AMW. The New Flock made their way down to the ring first as Tenay and West introduced a brief interview from after last week’s show went off the air…

It showed Christopher Daniels alongside Scott Hudson…

Scott Hudson: Chris Daniels, what do you have to say just following your attack on your tag team partner Elix Skipper. 

Christopher Daniels: I don’t have to say anything Scott Hudson if I don’t want to! I don’t need to answer any questions, I don’t need to do anything that I don’t want to! And it just so happens that I just don’t want to be one half of a wrestler any more, I don’t want to share the spotlight with someone who I carried as a tag partner for nearly two years! I am prepared now to go it alone, and Elix! I know you’ll see this somehow. Final Resolution, it’s gonna be me and you, one on one. Pure and Simple Primetime!

Daniels shoved his way off camera as the video ended and the action went back to the ring. The Fallen Angel had since joined his tag partners and now the team of Jeff Hardy, America’s Most Wanted and Elix Skipper were making their way down the ramp. Tenay and West confirmed that Daniels and Skipper was a match at Final Resolution as a brawl started in the ring to get the match underway. Slash and Skipper started the contest as referee Andrew Thomas managed to push the other six guys into their respective corners. Slash took down Skipper with a few attacks before tagging in Daniels. He slapped Primetime across the head before nailing him with a running knee to the face and a Tiger Suplex! Daniels made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. Skipper just managed to pull a shoulder off the mat as the Fallen Angel stood up and waited…Skipper slowly got back onto his feet, and turned around…but Daniels missed with a scissors kick! Primetime nailed a superkick and jumped across the ring to tag in the Charismatic Enigma himself! Raven jumped into the ring immediately as referee Thomas attempted to hold him back. He ducked a punch from Hardy and nailed the Evenflow as AMW and The New Flock started to also fight it out in the ring. As all the brawling was occurring Daniels rolled over and dropped an arm on Hardy! 1…2…3! And that was that! Skipper attempted to grab Daniels as he made his quick exit with the win under his belt. Raven’s Evenflow had taken out Hardy and won them and Daniels the match…and now the New Flock were making their way back to their nest as Dusty Rhodes came into shot backstage.

Winners: The New Flock and Christopher Daniels

Time: 6:31

Match Rating: **

69% - 63% - 75%

The Lucky Dip, Part 1

Rhodes was standing by a big colourful box as the camera turned to reveal a group of ten to eleven TNA superstars.

Dusty Rhodes: Welcome! One and all! To the TNA Christmas Special! And now for all you guys, you get to have your Christmas treat – each one of ya’ gets to have one dip in ma lucky dip machine. You will win a prize, it could be title shots! All sorts!

The wrestlers muttered to themselves after the American Dreams comments, then OK Revolution stepped up.

Dusty Rhodes: You want to go first son?

Revolution nodded and was directed towards the box…he reached in…and pulled out…a piece of paper.

Dusty Rhodes: Weelll…you’ve won a place in the dance contest tonight kid! Good luck with that! Next!

Next it was Sonjay Dutt. He reached in…and pulled out another piece of paper.

Dusty Rhodes: Wo, it’s your lucky day Sonjay! You’ve got yourself an X-Division Title shot tonight against Chris Sabin!

Dutt jumped around a bit before turning around into Abyss…he sidestepped the monster who just cautiously looked at the box for a moment before reaching in…Abyss pulled out a TNA DVD – The Best of the X-Division!!

Dusty Rhodes: (laughing) That’s a good presie huh Abyss?

Abyss just looks at it before turning it over a few times…

Dusty Rhodes: I’ll tell you what Abyss, seeing as you made me giggle I’m gonna give you a match tonite! An X-Division Match! (laughs) Against the Amazing Red.

Abyss continues to turn the DVD over before looking up at Rhodes…

Dusty Rhodes: You might wanna go get ready Abyss…(points to the door) That way, yes that way…go on.

Abyss makes his exit as BG James and Ron Killings walk into shot.

BG James: Yo! Dusty my main TNA fat man! Me and Ronny 2 Cooly are here to try your lucky dip machine! And hey Ron, I’m going first on this one!

James reaches into the box. He fumbles around a bit, and then his eyes light up…He removes his arm, and now has a bottle of Tequila stashed in his right hand!

BG James: Bingo!

Ron Killings: Hey B-Jizzle, share and share alike brother! Come on, I wanted some Tequila from tha lucky dip!

BG James: This is mine!

Ron Killings: Ok, how about we wrestle for it! One on one Jizzle, come on dawg!

BG James: Alright, but I’m gonna kick your ass.

3 Live Kru make their exit still talking about their match as Rhodes takes a seat at his desk with other TNA stars all still taking their turns at the lucky dip.

74%

-: commercial break :-

The Winner gets the Tequila!

Ron “The Truth” Killings vs. BG James

Impact returned with BG James and Ron Killings facing off for the bottle of Tequila that James won in the Lucky Dip…and from the start it was pretty obvious neither man was taking this match at all seriously. James though after some moments of fun walked into a serious leglock from the Truth! He was struggling around in attempt to reach the ropes…but James then spotted the bottle of Tequila in the corner of the ring! He sprung into life and summoned the power of the Tequila to roll Killings over and himself out of the hold! Pumphandle Slam! James made the cover, 1…2…3! He had won! And he wasn’t going to hang around as he quickly grabbed his prize and ran to the back with his partner in pursuit!

Winner: BG James

Time: 3:20

70% - 65% - 75%

The Lucky Dip, Part 2

More lucky dip action next as the cameras joined mid-draw with Glenn Gilberti complaining to Dusty Rhodes…

Glenn Gilberti: Listen to me Dusty! I won’t be caught dead doing anything like that!

Dusty Rhodes: Glenn, stop complainin’ and go get ready ‘cause if you don’t show you will face consequences! Oh yes you will face consequences!

Glenn Gilberti: …Fine! Fine!!

Gilberti stormed off as Dusty adjusted his cowboy hat. Then the Alpha Male Monty Brown stepped up for his draw…

Monty Brown: All I want from this draw Dusty…is to get a title shot. And if I don’t get it?! You had better announce me as facing Jarrett at Final Resolution…

Dusty stepped back and silently pointed to the draw box, Brown slowly reached in. He pulled out…a teddy bear…and the anger just built up inside his face…

Dusty Rhodes: Awww, ain’t he cute Monty!

Brown threw the bear across the room and kicked over a chair nearby…he was not happy at all.

Monty Brown: You’d better make the right decision Dusty!

The Alpha Male made his exit and left the TNA Director of Authority to think about what he had said.

69%

TNA X-Division Championship

Chris Sabin © vs. Sonjay Dutt

Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt were up next as Sabin defended his X-Division Championship. The challenger took the early advantage over the champion and took him down with a combination of quick offensive manoeuvres before making a cover for the early two. Dutt refused to let up and took down Sabin again with a running bulldog before getting another two count. Sabin then got himself back into the game through countering a suplex into a DDT and then whipping Dutt into the corner of the ring…Sabin got him up! He was going for the Future Shock – but Dutt countered and rolled up Sabin into the corner of the ring! The referee didn’t see Dutt grab the ropes as he made the count! 1…2…Kick out! Sabin still kicked out despite the illegal use of the ropes! Dutt stood back in wait as the X-Division Champion got back onto his feet…he went for a spinning heel kick but was ducked! Anklelock by Sabin! Dutt rolled over and shook Sabin off before walking into another Future Shock! Sabin nailed it this time and hooked the leg! 1…2…3! Sabin retained the title! And as a show of goodwill he exited the ring and took a Christmas cracker from ringside…the two men pulled it and argued over who should get the Christmas hat as Impact went for a break.

Winner: Chris Sabin

Time: 5:01

Match Rating: ***1/4

72% - 54% - 91% - The TNA X Division Championship title has gained in image.

The Dance Contest

Impact returned from the commercial break with a very intimidated looking OK Revolution making his way down to the ring for the “Dance Contest”. He climbed into the ring and had a chat with Jeremy Borash as the NYC’s music started to play?! The crowd soon erupted into cheers as Glenn Gilberti walked out in Disco Inferno gear! He gave it some on stage before making his way down to the ring to compete. Revolution in the ring just stared as JB introduced the rules…

Jeremy Borash: Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for the Dance Contest. When the music starts the two men competing will take turns to dance and your cheers will decide the winner of the competition. So ladies and gentlemen, I first give you! OK Revolution!

A medium paced dance track played over the speakers as OK Revolution gingerly started to attempt to move with the beat. He moved his arms and legs a bit but really wasn’t getting into any of it…and as the music stopped there was a silence around the crowd which spelled out the entire story. Gilberti meanwhile grabbed Borash’s microphone before he could do his part of the contest.

Glenn Gilberti: No, no, no, kid that was all wrong! You need conviction in your steps, you need to put some effort into it…Ok so dance with me ok, follow me with what I am doing in my go, Ok OK?

OK Revolution nodded and Gilberti called for the music.

The dance music started to play again as Gilberti swung his arm in and out as OK Revolution copied. Then as it kicked in some more he dropped down onto his knees and threw his chest in and out. Revolution was struggling to keep up but smiling and enjoying every moment as Gilberti got up and twisted his feet and arms around in a display of true Disco Fever!

OK Revolution then went off and started to dance by himself with a few spins and rolls as Gilberti continued to make the crowd cheer with his moves. But wait! Someone slid into the ring with a chair! It’s Johnny B. Badd!! He’s back!! Gilberti turned around and was walloped with the chair! Johnny quickly grabbed the microphone from JB as the music stopped…

Johnny B. Badd: (breathing heavily) Glenn! There will be no more fun and games from Johnny B. Badd! And there will be no more dancing for you! Infact the next thing you see to do with dancing! Will be me dancing on your grave!

Johnny B. Badd threw the microphone to the floor as his music started to play, and would you believe it!? Not only was Johnny B. Badd back from his attack at Turning Point but OK Revolution was now really getting into the dancing and pulling off some fancy disco moves! JB raised his arm in the air.

Jeremy Borash: Ladies and gentlemen, your winner! OK Revolution!

79% - Johnny B. Badd gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

The Lucky Dip, Part 3

Dusty was backstage checking his TNA roster list and counting up the numbers when the sound of his door opening was heard…in walked NWA Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett!

Dusty Rhodes: Well Jeff, you’re the second last to pick and there’s still plenty of prizes left!!

Jarrett just looked at Rhodes before removing his glasses and reaching into the lucky dip box. Eventually he pulled out a round ball – with a note inside. Dusty took the ball and opened it before reading the prize…

Dusty Rhodes: That’s gotta be the best prize yet! YOU! Jeff Jarrett get to be the TNA Director of Authority for one week! And it jus so happens that I wanted my vacation next week! So next week! You runnin’ the show champ!

Jarrett’s face turned into a smile as he re adjusted his sunglasses…

Jeff Jarrett: Well that’s just great Dusty! TNA can now finally run this show properly! And I will be able to make the decisions I want. Things next week will be run by my rules. I will get my own way.

Jarrett turned to leave, but was stopped by the true TNA Director of Authority.

Dusty Rhodes: Oh and Jeff, one more thing. If you think you are gonna get yourself out of defendin’ your title at Final Resolution – you are dead wrong! Because I am going to announce my decision about your opponent for that Pay-Per-View before the main event, and you don’t have the power next week to change was has already been signed…just remember that ok?

Double J turned and made his exit as 3 Live Kru burst back into the office…drunk. Empty Tequila bottle in hand.

Ron Killings: Uhhh, Dusty…Istill have mapics…

Dusty didn’t say anything and just gestured over to the box. Killings reached in as BG James held him around the waist to stop him falling over. He pulled out…another Tequila bottle! The drunken smiles on 3LK’s faces told a thousand drunken stories…

Ron Killings: Jus what I always wante!

Rhodes quickly grabbed the bottle.

Dusty Rhodes: I think you’ve had too much fellas. (he picks up Monty Brown’s teddy bear) How about you have this? It’s cuddly, it’s a nice teddy bear!

James and the Truth both cuddled the bear and silently make their drunken exit as TNA’s Director of Authority shakes his head and looks at the bottle of tequila…

Dusty Rhodes: Tequila?! What were you thinkin’ fat man!

60%

Abyss vs. Amazing Red

Back to ringside with Amazing Red going up against Abyss. Red started this contest with a lot of passion and energy as he quickly attacked his monstrous opponent before he could get a footing into the match. Red countered a whip off the ropes with a hurricarana to Abyss before making an early cover and just getting a two count. Red then headed up onto the top rope and nailed Abyss with a dropkick that sent him stumbling about all over the place! Red was using all of his momentum as he ran and performed the 718 through the ropes (619) to Abyss’ knees! And now the monster was down as Red went up onto the top! Infra-Red! Holy hell! Amazing Red was going to win this match somehow! 1…2…Abyss powered out! And now Red was in trouble…he ran off the ropes into the Black Hole Slam! 1…2…3. And that was all it needed. Abyss had won this “X-Division Challenge Match” over the Amazing Red, but without a doubt Red had gained some respect for how he controlled this match and nearly came out on top.

Winner: Abyss

Time: 2:45

Match Rating: **1/4

71% - 64% - 78%

Jarrett’s Opponent Is…

Back from the commercial break it was now apparently time for TNA’s Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes to make his announcement as to who Jeff Jarrett would be defending his NWA Title against at Final Resolution…

Dusty Rhodes: I would like right now…to have Randy Savage and Monty Brown come out here…it’s time for ma announcement concerning Final Resolution.

Both men make their way out one after the other with Savage being the first and Brown being the second. Once they were both in the ring Rhodes continued with the announcement…

Dusty Rhodes: Well, after lots and lots of thinking, of stuff going around inside ma head, I came down to you two. You two as the only two who deserve to get a NWA Title shot at Final Resolution…Both of you men are the top contenders for the gold and it’s a hard decision to choose jus’ one of ya for the slot.

Rhodes pauses for a moment as the Alpha Male motions for him to hurry up…

Dusty Rhodes: But I have made ma decision! Monty Brown!

Brown threw his arms up in the air and smiled as he heard his name, he thought he had got the slot…but the TNA Director of Authority continued…

Dusty Rhodes: I don’t like being threatened…I don’t like the way you have talked to me since I have got this job, and most of all I don’t like your attitude! And seeing as the Macho Man was the last survivor on the Turning Point team – HE GETS THE SHOT!

Half the crowd cheered as the Alpha Male reached boiling point. He immediately ran across at Savage and gave him the POUNCE! The Macho Man, the number one contender was down and out! Brown then turned and looked at Rhodes before slowly turning around and making his exit…all he wanted was to get that title shot at Final Resolution! But he was not the man who would be facing Jarrett on January 16th.

64%

Santa Claus vs. Frosty the Snowman

It was time for the main event of the evening, in what was hyped as the “greatest grudge of all time” it was time for Santa Claus to go up against Frosty the Snowman! Santa came out first and threw sweets into the crowd as some generic music with “ho, ho, ho” being played over and over accompanied him to the ring. Santa got a good response. Next was Frosty! He came out to “Silent Night” and shrugged off all the crowds cheers, he basically gave them the cold shoulder!

Referee Mike Posey called for the bell as both Santa and Frosty ran into each other and started to brawl on the mat. Santa at first got the advantage and punched Frosty in the head a few times…but then Frosty rolled over and returned the favour! They both then made their way back onto their feet as Santa positioned himself…sloppy Lou Thez Press off the ropes! And more punches! But wait! Here was Jeff Jarrett! Double J slid into the ring and pulled up Santa! The Stroke to Santa! Posey immediately called for the bell! He threw the match out as Frosty slid to the outside and crawled under the ring…

Jarrett eventually followed after kicking Santa under the bottom rope to the floor. He pulled up the apron and slid out Frosty before rolling him back into the ring. The NWA Heavyweight Champion then signalled for it again…the Stroke! BUT NO! Frosty turned out of it and whipped Jarrett off the opposite ropes! THE POUNCE! WHAT THE HELL?! The Frosty mask was removed and…IT WAS MONTY BROWN! THE ALPHA MALE WAS THE MAN INSIDE THE SUIT! And he had now taken out champion and challenger for Final Resolution within fifteen minutes of each other! Brown must have switched when the other Frosty went under the ring!

Brown climbed to the outside and started to edge his way up the ramp as a stunned Jarrett called for a microphone…

No Contest

Time: 0:47

Match Rating: ¾*

52% - 18% - 55% - Santa Claus is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

Jarrett’s World

Jeff Jarrett: Monty Brown! You just chose to mess with the wrong guy! I am the NWA Champion! And next week I run the show, I run TNA! So you know what?! I don’t want you here! You are suspended from next week’s show as my first decision!

Brown laughed and shrugged, he didn’t care at all, he had done what he wanted!

Jeff Jarrett: But I want you to make sure you tune in on Friday Monty Brown! Tune in to Impact to see what awaits you…because I will make an announcement concerning you! I have an announcement which will shape your career! What I will announce next week is gonna change your wrestling career Monty Brown! Tune in, ‘cause I wouldn’t want you to miss this!

76%

Jarrett chucked down the microphone and held his chest again as the Alpha Male looked on from the top of the ramp, he seemed intrigued as to what Double J meant as Impact went off the air…

Overall Show Rating: 68%

Overall Television Rating: 4.21

Attendance: 5,013

Ticket Sales: $200,520

E-Mails following Impact:

Sophie - High Impact are trying to compete with us, but are being destroyed in the ratings.

Insane Clown Posse back to TNA!

Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope today were announced as to have re-signed a short length deal to return to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. The Insane Clown Posse have featured in past TNA programming and are being brought in with rumors of a short program against Raven, Father James Mitchell and the New Flock following Final Resolution. While that information is unconfirmed and hearsay at the moment both Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J were said to be very pleased to be back in TNA for another stint with the largest up-and-coming wrestling federation in the world.

The ICP have already been booked in for their first show - which will be Impact on January 21st, the week after the third Pay-Per-View Final Resolution. No doubt TNA are hoping that the Posse can highten the talk surrounding the federation as it continues to grow through a good time for the industry.

Against All Odds Rumors

February's Pay-Per-View entitled: "Against All Odds" is being rumored to have a lot of similar match types. One wrestler for TNA described it as, "A concept not far off the WWE's Survivor Series Pay-Per-View, but a lot more infitting and intresting". This news has sparked a lot of internet activity with a lot of people betting that with the name "Against All Odds" the type of match will be Handicap bouts throughout the show. Others mentioned have been Handicap Cage matches and Elimination Tag Team matches. But this is all yet to be seen, expect an official announcement on this following Final Resolution.

user posted image

Impact! Preview – Friday 31st December 2004

As a New Year draws into focus this week’s Impact will see one man have the opportunity to run things his way. NWA Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett last week won the prize of being this weeks special TNA Director of Authority…

While Double J cannot make adjustments to pre-decided areas within TNA he does have the power to alter the future…and that means that decisions he makes will stand for the course of the show, and for shows to come if necessary!

No doubt that last comment must worry the Alpha Male Monty Brown. Last week Brown was denied what he felt was his title shot at Final Resolution and as a result took out his anger on both champion and challenger for that match on January 16th. Due to his actions Jarrett made his first decision in power and has barred Brown from attending this week’s show…although he admitted he had a big announcement surrounding the Alpha Male. What will this announcement be? And how will it affect Brown in the short and long term?

Last week also saw the fallout from the destruction of Triple X. Christopher Daniels announced he would be facing Elix Skipper at Final Resolution one on one before pinning Jeff Hardy in an 8-Man Tag Team Match. This week both the Fallen Angel and Primetime have been given time to talk on Impact. What will they both have to say about their futures? What will the two men who were partners in one of the top TNA tag teams of all time have to say? Tune in Friday.

Diamond Dallas Page is one man who has seen little action since Turning Point’s main event when he was competing for the NWA Title. This week he steps back inside the six sided ring as part of a double header main event! He will face the NYC’s Glenn Gilberti – who admittedly is not in the best of states following Johnny B. Badd’s attack and return last week. That should prove to be a decent encounter.

The other main event on Impact will highlight the X-Division. It will be a Ten Man Gauntlet – with the winner facing champion Chris Sabin at Final Resolution for the title. Petey Williams has been re-instated for the match by Jeff Jarrett while some more surprising names like Chase Stevens, Andy Douglas and Abismo Negro all get the chance to jump straight to the top of the X-Division with one decent result. That match is defiantly one not to miss!

Raven and the Macho Man are also guaranteed to be on the show this week as the build up to Final Resolution continues…but do expect much, much more in what will be an unpredictable week of TNA action…

Tune in Friday!

Confirmed Matches:

X-Division 10 Man Gauntlet Match

Featuring: Abismo Negro, Amazing Red, OK Revolution, Sonjay Dutt, Frankie Kazarian, Michael Shane, Petey Williams, Chad Collyer, Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Glenn Gilberti

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. Kid Kash and Dallas

user posted image

Best Damn Sports Show Period - TNA!

Alike a similar production from earlier in 2004 FSN's sports talk show "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" is scheduled to host an exclusive TNA match on its 01/17/05 show. This will be the night after Final Resolution, TNA's third Sunday Pay-Per-View offering and will provide the perfect start to another week for any wrestling fan.

The match itself will provide a look into the X-Division inside Total Nonstop Action Wrestling as Chris Sabin will meet Petey Williams in a Ladder Match...and the X-Division gold will be on the line if Sabin still holds it following FR!

For sure this special match will be just that, something special - if not a Match of the Year Candidate for TNA 2005! Make sure you mark it in your diaries, make sure you tune in to provide your backing for TNA - and to allow us to spread the word to a larger sporting fanbase.

We can only hope success here will allow us to combine with TBDSSP in future.

TNAWrestling.com

Scheduled Match:

X-Division Ladder Match

Chris Sabin vs. Petey Williams

user posted image

Impact! Spoilers – Friday 31st December 2004

From: Hogtiedcow@hotworld.com – TNA Impact Results 31/12/04

Results:

(Highlight to reveal)

A limo pulled up as Impact opened and it was Jeff Jarrett who climbed out! He was briefly interviewed by Shane Douglas and enquired if Monty Brown was at the building currently. When it was confirmed he wasn’t Jarrett said he was glad of that and hoped he would be watching later to see what his announcement will be!

Christopher Daniels def. Erik Watts

Daniels won with the Angel’s Wings on Watts before he took a microphone. He told Elix Skipper how he was going to use him as a springboard at Final Resolution – to make him into a top singles division wrestler. He was sick of sharing the limelight with others.

Backstage Skipper immediately had a response as he was with Scott Hudson. He messed up the first attempt at the promo so they had to re-shoot, but it wasn’t much better. He said the same as Daniels, he was actually going to use Daniels to springboard into the singles division…He then called him the “Bald Angel” – original or what! Both those interviews will come out better on TV though, they were better than what I made out and had a lot more to say. Well some of them. Ahem.

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted def. Kid Kash and Dallas

AMW won this match at the two minute mark or so after Dallas just after being tagged in made a mistake. He missed a big boot and was rolled up for the three. Kid Kash was not happy with this mistake and argued with his partner all the way to the back.  I didn’t see it but apparently sometimes on the screen Piper and Snuka were shown watching and making notes on the match.

Backstage there was an odd situation with Jeff Hardy and Raven. Raven went up to Hardy in his locker room and gave him an orange, I couldn’t really make out what was said (TNA had a bad time with the video screen/sound playing up) but eventually a cog was removed from inside one of the orange pieces. Maybe a relation to Clockwork Orange? Who knows? Watch on Friday to find out I guess!

They seemed to fix all their problems in a brief interval, and it did make the rest of the show pretty good in comparison with the first half…

Diamond Dallas Page def. Glenn Gilberti

DDP won this match via a Diamond Cutter after Johnny B. Badd attempted to make his impact on proceedings. But as he and Gilberti brawled on the outside of the ring the 3 Live Kru’s music started up! The crowd went wild as Konnan made his return…and promptly took out DDP with a Rolling Clothesline! Konnan then took him down with Page’s own Diamond Cutter! No one had a clue what was going on as Konnan ignored the crowd’s boos and left the ring. Could this result in a Konnan/DDP match at Final Rez?

Another limo pulled up backstage alongside Jeff Jarrett’s! No-one stepped out and there was a lot of speculation among the crowd as to who was in it.

X-Division 10-Man Gauntlet Match

Winner: Petey Williams

Petey Williams won this match following nailing Amazing Red with the Canadian Destroyer for the pin. He celebrated his win and was now going to be facing Chris Sabin for the X-Division Title at Final Resolution. Good Gauntlet Match from the X guys.

Jarrett told everyone he had a massive announcement to make concerning Monty Brown. But before he did that he wanted to show the people the highlights of Brown’s illustrious career. His superbowl finals were covered before his wins in TNA were also documented. However as the video ended Jarrett commented on how the Alpha Male had never done the one thing he truly wanted…become the NWA Champion. Double J then said how that wasn’t going to change, because as long as he was around, champion or not, he never wanted to see the Alpha Male with the gold around his waist. Jarrett then introduced Abyss. At Final Resolution, Monty Brown would face Abyss one on one. And if he didn’t win…he would never receive a title shot in TNA! He would never get the chance to win the gold in TNA and he would never get the chance to make his dream come true…but here comes the Macho Man! He was the other limo!

Savage comes out with a microphone. He tells Jarrett that he done a rubbish job of running the show tonight. And he just received a call from Dusty Rhodes! He is enjoying his holiday so much he has decided to take a second week off…and the Macho Man is the DOA next week! So that means…Jeff Jarrett will fight Monty Brown one on one NO HOLDS BARRED, NO TIME LIMITS!! HOLY HELL!! What a main event that will be for next week!! Impact finished with Jarrett close to tears in the ring…

user posted image

Impact! Results – Friday 31st December 2004

Impact opened with highlights from last week’s Christmas Special production…from lucky dips to Santa Claus fighting Frosty the Snowman to a draw, it was all featured. But the comedy element soon changed as the video changed to a more serious note – alongside a black and white tint of colour…

It showed Dusty Rhodes announcing that Jeff Jarrett would defend his title against Randy Savage at Final Resolution, and not the Alpha Male before Brown snapped. The video then showed him giving the Macho Man (and later) Jeff Jarrett the Pounce…

The Boss Arrives…

Backstage at the Impact arena a black limo pulls up as Mike Tenay and Don West welcome everyone to the show. The driver steps out and opens the door…to reveal NWA Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett stepped out with a smile on his face safe in the knowledge that he was in charge tonight…Shane Douglas hurried over with a microphone as Jarrett was passed his bag.

Shane Douglas: Jeff Jarrett! Tonight you run the show, what do you have to say to everyone?

Jeff Jarrett: I don’t have to say a damn thing to anyone Shane Douglas. (Smiles) Is Monty Brown here yet?

The Franchise paused, he was a little surprised to be asked that question.

Shane Douglas: No. He hasn’t, and he isn’t scheduled to be here anyway by your own orders!

Jeff Jarrett: Don’t you think I know that! But everyone knows the Alpha Male is looking to get one over the champ (laughs)…but the funny thing is that after tonight is over…it is the champ who will have one over Monty Brown.

Jarrett walked away, he must have been referring to the announcement concerning the Alpha Male later on tonight! But typically Douglas was none the wiser…

Shane Douglas: Jeff! What do you mean?! Jeff!

75%

Christopher Daniels vs. Erik Watts

Back out at ringside the Fallen Angel was making his way down to the ring to take part in the opening match of the night against Erik Watts – and the size advantage was defiantly with Watts. The match started with Daniels ducking a few boots and clotheslines off the ropes before walking into a choke hold. Seconds in and the Fallen Angel had to break out of a Chokeslam attempt…but he then took control. Watts went for a big boot but was caught, and this allowed Daniels to just get him up into the Angel’s Wings! He managed to just about land it and Daniels then hooked the leg, 1…2…3. He had defeated Watts – but wasn’t finished there as he took a microphone from ringside.

Christopher Daniels: For so long I would have had to share that win with another! For so long I would have had to celebrate my win alongside another! But now that Triple X is over, and let’s face it, it had outrun its time (boos) I can concentrate on winning for myself. For wrestling for myself here in TNA. I, the Fallen Angel will take the singles division here by storm! And my jumpstart onto that path of glory is you Elix Skipper! You were my adversary, you were the man I teamed with…and you will be the first man I defeat on the grandest stage of them all…Pay-Per-View. The exposure from my win will be enough to make me, and break you. Sports Entertainment is a tough business Elix, remember that quote when you are sitting at home with no career left, because that was taken from the Gospel according to the Fallen Angel…

Daniels chucked down the microphone as his music started to play. He celebrated his win as cameras went backstage where Scott Hudson was standing alongside the man in question…Elix Skipper. 

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Time: 3:32

Match Rating: **1/2

75% - 71% - 79%

Skipper’s Response?

Scott Hudson: Elix Skipper you just saw what Christopher Daniels had to say about you, do you have a response to that?

Elix Skipper: Sure I have a response. My response? Prove it Daniels. Beat me at Final Resolution. Beat this playa and make him submit, pin his shoulders to the mat – whatever! The truth is that I will beat you, I will make ya my springboard in the singles division. You can preach all you want Daniels, you can preach your Gospel but you ain’t no Fallen Angel! You’re a Bald Angel!

Primetime laughed at his own joke before walking off camera. Impact went to a break…

71%

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. Kid Kash and Dallas

The second match of the night saw America’s Most Wanted go up against Kid Kash and Dallas (the team set to fight Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka at Final Resolution). The match got underway with a split-screen showing Piper and Snuka backstage watching the match, they looked to be pointing out Kash’s moves to each other. Preparation looked the plan of the day for the legends as Dallas was tagged into the contest. Storm ducked a clothesline attempt from the new legal man…and immediately rolled him up!! 1…2…3!! Kash couldn’t believe it on the apron as AMW snuck away with a big win! Piper and Snuka were shown again in the back pointing out to each other what had just happened as Kash shouted at Dallas in the middle of the ring…he was not at all happy! The shouting continued all the way up the ramp to the back. Kash could be heard saying, “you let me down, you let the side down man!!”

Winners: America’s Most Wanted

Time: 2:56

70% - 63% - 77%

My Gift to You…

Backstage Jeff Hardy was sitting in his locker room looking through his bag when Raven walked into shot. He was alone and throwing an orange up from his right hand…

Jeff Hardy: Got no cronies tonight then Raven?! You want a piece of Jeff Hardy by yourself huh?

The Charismatic Enigma stood up and got in Raven’s face as he continued to throw the orange up and down…however he just laughed and pulled away from Hardy.

Raven: Jeff Hardy, there is no need to get so angry. Just because you are on my road to destiny doesn’t make you anymore of a target than anyone else, (laughs again) and it certainly doesn’t mean I hate you…

Jeff Hardy: …Well what does it mean then Raven?!

Raven: It means Jeff Hardy that you are just a name to me, just a statistic, just another brick in the wall I need to knock through with my proverbial wreaking ball…But don’t worry because I don’t come here tonight with any ideas of fighting you in mind. I came here to give you a gift…

Raven extended the orange he had in his right hand to Hardy…

Jeff Hardy: I don’t want it.

Raven: Take it.

Hardy just stood there.

Raven: Just take it dammit!

After another reasonable pause Hardy finally took the present. He then proceeded to peel off the skin and remove a segment…as he put it to his mouth Raven grabbed his arm and stopped him.

Raven: I wouldn’t do that if I were you Jeff Hardy.

Jeff Hardy: Hey, it’s a present what’s the problem, huh Raven?!

Raven: Not all presents are intended to be nice…this present was nothing more than a warning, nothing more than a…segment of advice from the New Flock…

Raven took back the segment and tore it in two to reveal…a cog…rusted over with sharp teeth. It was the sort of thing you would find inside a watch or a clock…

Hardy just looked surprised that such a thing was present inside what was a sealed, closed orange.

Raven: The advice? FEAR the Clockwork Orange Jeff Hardy…

Raven’s serious expression following the last comment led Impact into its next commercial break.

78%

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Glenn Gilberti

DDP’s first in-ring appearance since Turning Point saw the master of the Diamond Cutter go up against the NYC’s Glenn Gilberti. Page started the match with the advantage as he knocked Gilberti from one side of the ring to the other. Punch after punch connected until Gilberti managed to duck and kick DDP in the gut.

He then followed that up with a spinebuster and the quick cover for the two count. The brawling continued as Gilberti kept taking down Page with slams…but then he managed to counter a whip off the ropes! Diamond Cutter to Gilberti! 1…2…3! And it was all over, that simple. But before he could celebrate the win Johnny B. Badd pulled Gilberti out of the ring and started nailing him with right hands! Referee Andrew Thomas was ordering the brawl to stop as Gilberti started to fight back! That brawl was just escalating as now the 3 Live Kru’s music was playing!? KONNAN! Konnan was back in TNA! He ran down the ramp and slid into the ring as the crowd cheered…but wait! He struck down referee Thomas with a right hand – Rolling Clothesline to DDP!! Now the cheers from the crowd turned to boos he had attacked DDP! Page slowly got back onto his feet and was given his own Diamond Cutter! What was going on? Konnan stood over Page’s body with boos filling the arena – no one had a clue why the normally fun-loving 3 Live Kru member had done this…

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page

Time: 4:11

Match Rating: **1/2

76% - 73% - 79%

Another Limo…

Backstage a second limo pulled into the arena. It was identical to Jeff Jarrett’s in both colour and shape and parked up alongside it. The driver got out and opened the door…but the camera angle did not reveal who was inside. No-one stepped out as the driver shut the door again and climbed back into the driver’s seat. Whoever was in there was not ready to come out just yet…

84%

X-Division 10-Man Gauntlet Match

Featuring: Abismo Negro, Amazing Red, OK Revolution, Sonjay Dutt, Frankie Kazarian, Michael Shane, Petey Williams, Chad Collyer, Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas

As Impact returned from the commercial break Mike Tenay and Don West reminded everyone that this upcoming Gauntlet match would work with “over the top rope” rules until it is down to two men. The time intervals would be thirty seconds between entrances and normal wrestling rules would apply when down to the final two competitors. Of course the winner would go on to face Chris Sabin at Final Resolution with the X-Division Championship on the line…

Number one in the match was the previously suspended Petey Williams and he faced off against number two Chad Collyer as the bell rang. It did not take a determined Williams long to eliminate Collyer however as he took him out just before Michael Shane (3) joined the match. From there Chase Stevens, OK Revolution, Abismo Negro and Frankie Kazarian all joined the contest before another elimination went down. Chase Stevens was shoved off the top rope to the floor before Abismo Negro superkicked Kazarian over the top rope. Kazarian and Stevens were eliminated, while Negro then nearly then got eliminated himself – but luckily he landed on the apron instead of the floor… Amazing Red joined the match at number eight while Andy Douglas was number nine. That meant there were now six of TNA’s finest X-Division stars in the ring fighting it out! Sonjay Dutt was in at ten and the last man – just as Abismo Negro eliminated Andy Douglas with a hurricarana that sent him over the top rope! Both of the Naturals were now gone as Shane ran at Williams and was low-bridged to the floor for his trouble! Moments later and both OK Revolution and Sonjay Dutt were on the top rope! The crowd were going crazy as Dutt jumped up and gave Revolution a hurricarana that flipped him onto the floor! Dutt also lost his balance and was also gone in that moment of craziness! They had both landed on the floor hard and were both eliminated. The final three were now left: Abismo Negro, Petey Williams and Amazing Red – but Negro wouldn’t last long! Williams reversed a rollup from Negro and rolled over a couple of times before reaching the ropes and shoving Negro over! He had effectively given Negro two forward rolls out of rollups before using the momentum to dump him over the top rope! And now it was down to the final two and a wrestling match to decide who would go on to Final Resolution…

The Final Two

Amazing Red vs. Petey Williams

Williams looked slightly hurt from the previous rolling move on Abismo Negro and Red immediately looked to take advantage of that. He took down Williams with a scoop slam and went onto the top rope! Infrared! Missed! Williams rolled out of the way…and he slowly dropped an arm on Red! 1…2…Kick out! Both men exchanged blows after cautiously getting back onto their feet, Red jumped onto the top rope! He came off with a moonsault – but was caught on Williams’ shoulder! Holy hell! Williams dropped him down shoulder first onto his knee in a tombstone/neckbreaker type of manoeuvre! It looked brutal! Williams hooked the leg! 1…2…Red got his foot on the ropes! But Williams now had this in the bag, he taunted that it was now time…Red was dazed still and walked right into the Canadian Destroyer! 1…2…3! Petey Williams had won the match and had won the chance to face Chris Sabin at Final Resolution for the X-Division Title!

Entrance/Elimination Order:

1. Petey Williams / Chad Collyer by Petey Williams

2. Chad Collyer / Chase Stevens by Michael Shane

3. Michael Shane / Frankie Kazarian by Abismo Negro

4. Chase Stevens / Andy Douglas by Abismo Negro

5. OK Revolution / Michael Shane by Petey Williams

6. Abismo Negro / OK Revolution by Sonjay Dutt

7. Frankie Kazarian / Sonjay Dutt by OK Revolution

8. Amazing Red / Abismo Negro by Petey Williams

9. Andy Douglas / Amazing Red by Petey Williams via pinfall

10. Sonjay Dutt

Time: 9:45

Match Rating: *1/2

63% - 52% - 75% - Abismo Negro debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response. Chad Collyer is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

Monty Brown, your destiny…is in your hands

Impact returned from the final commercial break and Jeff Jarrett immediately made his way down to the ring. It was now right at the end of his night of control and chances were he was now going to address the situation surrounding the Alpha Male Monty Brown…

Jeff Jarrett: Now all you people get to see me, your NWA Heavyweight Champion and TNA Director of Authority address an individual who has been nothin’ but a thorn in the side of this entire company! What I have to say now will I guarantee change the whole course of Monty Brown’s career…and I damn hope he is watching from his one bed roomed flat. And I sure as hell hope Monty Brown that you will listen to what I have to say to you because I am the power here tonight…

Jarrett stopped as the crowd started to boo his words…

Jeff Jarrett: But before I go into details, here is a little something that I worked on for ya Monty! Here are the highlights of your illustrious career! From the gridiron to the six-sided ring – it’s all there! Just sit back and enjoy…play the footage!

The video showed Brown competing in his Superbowl finals, his tackles flew in everywhere before the video moved on to show the Alpha Male in TNA. From his old days when the company first started in 2002 to the present, with the Pounce being a defining point. But then the video showed his troubles inside the wrestling business, falling out with Dusty Rhodes, failing to be given the title shot at Final Resolution. His anger…which was taken out on numerous individuals.

The video ended with Brown’s angered face looking deep into the camera…

Jeff Jarrett: See Monty Brown! You are losing it! And all over this…(grabs his NWA Title off his right shoulder)…all over this piece of gold. You have been in Superbowls, you have defeated some great wrestlers! But you have never done what you truly wanted, you have never been the champion…

Jarrett paused for a moment while replacing his title belt on his right shoulder…

Jeff Jarrett: And you know what Monty Brown? That’s NEVER going to change…Because as long as I am here, champion or not, I will never see you with this NWA Heavyweight Championship around your waist! And you know how I am going to do that?! It’s plain and simple, ladies and gentlemen! Let me introduce to you all…ABYSS!

Abyss’ music hit around the Impact arena as the chained monster made his way out of the entrance and down to the ring. He looked across at Jarrett with his head tilted…it was as if Abyss was just waiting for his command…

Jeff Jarrett: (points to Abyss) Final Resolution Monty Brown. You will fight Abyss, you will fight for your last chance to hold onto what remains of your dream! You don’t beat Abyss? You will NEVER get a title shot as long as you are here in TNA, as long as your contract stands – it will never happen! And I can sleep at night knowing that you won’t be able to touch this…(touches his title)

But Jarrett was then interrupted as that music built up to its climax! It was the Macho Man! He was here on Impact! He kept his word to TNA Management and was in Orlando! Jarrett just stood on the spot as Savage walked out onto the stage with a microphone in hand…

88%

The Macho Man is Here!

Randy Savage: Ohhhh yeahhh!! While Monty Brown won’t be able to touch the gold Jarrett – the Macho Man will!!!

The crowd went wild!

Randy Savage: You also know what Jarrett?! You have done a rubbish job of running this show!! It stunk worse than somethin’ Kevin Nash would produce on the toilet!! (cheers)

Savage paused again as the crowd lapped up the joke…

Randy Savage: Jeff, I jus’ came out cause the Macho Man got a call from a certain someone in my limo!  The Macho Man got a dream call from the American Dream Dusty Rhodes!! And ya know what?! He isn’t comin’ back to TNA next week, he is enjoyin’ his time off in the sun. And Ohhhh yeahhhh! THE MACHO MAN IS RUNNING THE SHOW NEXT WEEK!!

Tenay and West were shocked at the announce position as Jarrett just laughed.

Jeff Jarrett: You? The Director of Authority? Next Week? That’s the biggest load of…

Randy Savage: I’m not finished yet Jeff! I am the DOA! I am the man with the plan!! And I got you already booked in a match nex’ week! Jeff Jarrett!! While your title won’t be on the line this match will make ya or break ya! Cause you will fight THE ALPHA MALE MONTY BROWN! (cheers) ONE ON ONE, NO HOLDS BARRED, NO TIME LIMITS!!! OOHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

The cheers continued on following that announcement. Jarrett was in shock, Savage was the DOA next week – and he had made Double J’s task the more monumental! Next week it would be Monty Brown, Jeff Jarrett! No Holds Barred! Impact went off the air with Savage high fiving fans alongside the ramp…and Jarrett close to tears in the ring…

78%

Overall Show Rating: 76%

Overall Television Rating: 3.87

Attendance: 5,036

Ticket Sales: $201,440

Sophie - High Impact are trying to compete with us, but are being destroyed in the ratings.

Road Agent - Chris Sabin and Petey Williams have a fantastic chemistry in the ring, it adds a lot to the match.

End of Month News: December 2004

WWE’s Armageddon Information:

1.99 Buyrate, Attendance: 20,688, PPV Revenue: $4,975,000, Ticket Sales: $1,241,280.

TNA’s Birthdays:

Christopher Daniels (32), Chad Collyer (29), Desire (21), Trinity (25), D-Ray 3000 (29)

Public Image:

23% (+18%)

Merchandise Sales:

We made $1440000 off merchandise this month

Andy Douglas:

I am increasing my wage demands by 10% per appearance, as i believe i am being underpaid

Traci:

I am increasing my wage demands by 10% per appearance, as i believe i am being underpaid

Chase Stevens:

Amazing Red:

TV News:

WWE’s Heat has been moved to a prime time slot.

Retirements:

Tim Catalfo, Gran Hamada, Ralphus, SAITO, Abdullah the Butcher, L.A. Par-K, Dean Suicide (Staff Member), Steve Kiern (Staff Member), Adrian Street (Staff Member)

Retiring Next Month:

Maurice Smith

News:

James Gibson has agreed an open contract with RoH.

Japan:

Wrestling Marvelous Future have announced this year's roster of touring workers.

MTV TV:

TNA has recieved interest from MTV!

Primetime...Primetime...

The words which so many wrestling shows love, and so many want to have.

Now TNA had two lots of Primetime...

- The Narrator

user posted image

Xplosion Returns To TV!

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling was today very pleased to announced that they had agreed a 52 week deal with MTV to present their "Xplosion" show on Tuesday nights between 8pm and 9pm on the Music Network.

TNA officials within the company released a statement saying, "We are glad we can get Xplosion back on the air. It will be treated alike in the past with the content seeing more of TNA's superstars in action alongside Impact highlights and show previews...This is what TNA needs in order to use all the talent and to increase our fanbase."

However this agreement is rumored to have angered WWE officials who wished MTV to host their "Heat" program on a unique basis where they could be the only wrestling show on the channel. Coincidentally "Heat" also recently moved into a primetime slot on Sunday evenings...

MTV officials had this to say about the deal, "TNA is a great company with a great vision, professional wrestling is in great shape at the moment and intrest is constantly building up around the different federations. We want to give TNA a chance to expand their product at the perfect time and overall we are very pleased to have reached this deal."

"Xplosion" will be recorded from the soundstage at Universal Studios on the same night as "Impact" with Mike Tenay and Don West continuing their announcing duties. Rumors however are around that TNA might venture into live weekly shows at a later date...Whatever the outcome there though this is great news for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

user posted image

The Best Damn Sports Show Period Spoilers – Monday 17th January 2005

Hey there, they filmed this after Impact went off the air during last week’s tapings. It was the special match which is to be televised on the 17th of January on the Best Damn Sports Show Period between Chris Sabin and Petey Williams.

Results:

(Highlight to Reveal)

TNA X-Division Championship – Ladder Match

Petey Williams def. Chris Sabin

We were not allowed to see who was the champion (to ruin the result of Final Resolution’s match) as referee Andrew Thomas took the belt down to be hung up before Sabin and Williams made their entrances. The match itself went a good length, I am not sure if they will cut it down or not but it was a good fifteen minutes or so and easily a Match of the Year candidate for 2005.

Both men exchanged an array of high-flying and impact moves during the match and showed a good improvisation using the ladder. It ended with Sabin being given the Canadian Destroyer onto a folded second ladder (which looked absolutely brutal). Williams then dragged himself up the other ladder in position and grabbed the belt to win the match. He had a short celebration before heading up to the back. Sabin received a standing ovation as he eventually got back onto his feet. For just fifteen minutes worth of wrestling it was a top match and will be up there at the end of the year as a MOTY candidate. Top stuff from both guys.

Guest kris24fan

This diary is getting better and better. It's so realistic, and you can tell you put an awful lot of effort and research into it!

And it's a TNA diary, and there don't seem to be many good diaries of these feds on here. Get the next Impact out quickly as I can't wait to read what happens next!!

Good job

user posted image

Impact! Preview – Friday 7th January 2005

This week on Impact the Macho Man is running the show.

The announcement was made by Randy Savage himself last week as normal TNA DOA Dusty Rhodes decided to extend his time away in the sun by another week. This news came as a shock to the man who was running the show last week – Jeff Jarrett…but his troubles would not end there as the clock ticked down to the end of the show…

His opponent for Final Resolution immediately placed him in the main event match on this week’s show. It will be a non-championship encounter, with no time limits and no holds barred…against Monty Brown! For weeks now Jarrett has been a target for Brown who desperately wanted the title shot against him at Final Resolution, this Friday will give him the chance to make an Impact on the champion…But you do have to wonder, does the Macho Man have another motive for putting Double J in this match? And how will the Alpha Male respond to having his entire reason for being in TNA put on the line against Abyss in two weeks time?! This situation has been bubbling up to boiling point for a while…this week it looks like it will all explode into action.

Last week also saw a curious moment on Impact when Raven presented Jeff Hardy with an item that can only be described as a “Clockwork Orange”. The leader of the New Flock used this to send a message to Hardy and this week will get another opportunity to do the same as Slash and Sinn of his Flock face the 3 Live Kru…Or should that be the 2 Live Kru following Konnan’s return last week…

Yes, Konnan made his return on Impact last week. He immediately went after DDP in a surprising assault which saw the ex-WCW Champion being given his own finishing move in the middle of the ring. Konnan has refused the chance to explain his actions in an interview but is expected to be at the Universal Studios this Friday. Will he try and jump DDP again? Will he see BG James and Ron Killings? Watch Impact to find out!

Kid Kash and Dallas continue their journey to Final Resolution on Friday as they face the part-time tag team of Sonjay Dutt and D-Ray 3000. But by Randy Savage’s discretion there will be two special guest referees in this match, you can just guess who. Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka. These four men are already facing off at Final Resolution and this entire match has trouble written all over it…but how will it unfold? Will the referees call it down the middle? Or will it be another embarrassing loss for Kash and Dallas?

America’s Most Wanted are also scheduled to face the next generation of Frankie Kazarian and Michael Shane in a tag team match this Friday…expect the NYC to keep an eye out on that one like they did last week.

Finally, look out for Jonny Fairplay as he makes his return to TNA with something to announce to all!

Impact is going to be huge! Just two weeks away from Final Resolution! Tune in on FSN!

Confirmed Matches:

No Holds Barred – Non-Championship Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown

Tag Team Match

3 Live Kru vs. Slash and Sinn

Tag Team Match

Kid Kash and Dallas vs. D-Ray 3000 and Sonjay Dutt

Guest Referees: Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. Kazarian and Shane

While internet rumours were rife at the time with how TNA was supposidly going to handle "Against All Odds" in February no-one really expected them to make an announcement about it. Everyone who had an opinion and voiced it expected the whole event to come together as a coincidence. But no...today, Wednesday January 5th they spilled the beans...

- The Narrator

user posted image

Against All Odds - Exactly!

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's Mike Tenay today finally confirmed that TNA's February PPV "Against All Odds" would be slightly different than what has previously gone from the fed's other 3-Hour Sunday Pay-Per-Views...

Tenay confirmed through his "Ask the Professor" segment on the official TNA website that "Against All Odds" would feature a main attraction of multiple handicap contests where superstars would literally have to win Against All Odds...

From 2 on 1, 3 on 1, 3 on 2 and onwards Tenay confirmed a card was prepared and would feature a large majority of those contests over anything else. Speculation would also see the NWA Title defended under the same idea while there are also rumors of the NYC/Johnny B. Badd storyline amongst others being presented through this concept.

This idea is obviously extracted from the highly popular "Survivor Series" PPV and matches held by the WWE in November and one expects TNA would hope to bring in the same sort of success that World Wrestling Entertainment does with SS to "Against All Odds".

While there is division over if the idea is good or not TNA is certainly building to the future at the moment, it's a different concept and if it works it could be brillant. Otherwise it could fail...but let's cross that hurdle when it comes.

user posted image

Impact! Spoilers – Friday 7th January 2005

Sent by Harrison Jackos of Miami, FL.

I attended this weeks Impact spoilers from Soundstage 21 at Universal Studios. A good show building towards Final Resolution and one great evening out, the show should translate well to TV.

Results:

(Highlight to Reveal)

Jonny Fairplay opened Impact by making his return to TNA. He came down to the ring and announced that he was back in the world of professional wrestling, but now he was back and involved in management. Fairplay then introduced his first managerial client…Petey Williams! The X-Division’s No 1 Contender came down to the ring to join his new associate. Williams got on the mike and told Chris Sabin that he was going to win back the X-Division Title at Final Resolution. Williams then pointed out that Fairplay was a…“No Good Son of a B*tch” – and just the sort of man he wanted to be aligned with. Fairplay then made an open challenge to anyone in the locker room to face his new client…a dancing OK Revolution came out.

Petey Williams def. OK Revolution

Williams defeated Revolution after nailing the Canadian Destroyer following Fairplay’s distraction! He made a signal that he was going to win the X-Division belt at Final Resolution.

Backstage the Macho Man was sitting in his office for this weeks show, then Jeff Jarrett walked in…He told Savage that he hoped he was happy with what he had got him into tonight. Savage said he was and told Double J he really should stop worrying about Monty Brown so much anyways, he should be worrying about Savage winning the title at Final Resolution! Savage told Jarrett he had been sidetracked for so long with Brown he was on the backfoot…and in two weeks he would become the NWA Heavyweight Champion because of it…

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted def. Kazarian and Shane

AMW won the match following Chris Harris’ Catatonic to Michael Shane. Following the match the NYC attacked again and the American Patriots also joined in with the four-way brawl. The Macho Man came on the video screen and announced at Final Resolution the four teams would meet for the tag titles!

Glenn Gilberti was backstage with Scott Hudson and he commented how he couldn’t believe that Johnny B. Badd was still hanging around looking for revenge. He said how Badd should know that when he messed with the NYC he was messing with all three of them. Gilberti then challenges Badd to face them in a 3 on 1 Handicap match next week! Badd comes into shot and accepts the challenge…

Tag Team Match

Kid Kash and Dallas def. Sonjay Dutt and D-Ray 3000

Special Referees: Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka

Kash pinned D-Ray 3000 following his Money Maker, but he then got into the face of guest referee Piper…who walked away. Kash and Dallas made threatening signals to their tag opponents at Final Resolution as they walked back up the ramp…

Backstage Elix Skipper wanders into Christopher Daniels. Both men exchanged words with the Fallen Angel enquiring about the “Bald Angel” comment…Primetime’s frustration then boiled over as he swung a right hand at Daniels that knocked him down before leaving…

Tag Team Match

Slash and Sinn def. 3 Live Kru

Ron “The Truth” Killings looked set to win the match after nailing his Front Facebuster on Sinn. But then Konnan hit the ring and took his 3 LK, well ex 3 LK partner down with a massive clothesline! The referee turned around following Raven’s distraction and Jeff Hardy jumped him from the announcers position! They both started brawling on the outside as Sinn dropped an arm on Killings to get the pin. But it wasn’t over there! DDP ran down the ramp and joined in the assault on Konnan as a mass brawl between all eight man was split up by many officials and security members…

Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown were both shown warming up backstage…

No Holds Barred

Jeff Jarrett vs. Monty Brown – No Contest

Monty Brown came down ready for his match. But Abyss jumped him as soon as he hit the ring even before the bell was rung! Abyss nailed Brown with a chain shot…but was then caught with the Pounce for his trouble! Abyss hit the floor as Jeff Jarrett’s music started. But backstage Jeff Jarrett was climbing into his limo and leaving the arena! The car sped off as the Alpha Male looked on from the ring…it seemed like the match wasn’t going to be on as the champion had fled the arena!

Jarrett’s music stopped and Randy Savage’s started. He came down to the ring and confronted Monty Brown. He said because he was running the show tonight he was allowed to make decisions like Jarrett did last week. And seeing as Double J skipped this match he is going to make it so that if Monty Brown wins at Final Resolution…he will be the number one contender!! Savage then held his hand out to Monty Brown…and they shook hands! But wait! The Alpha Male nailed a spinebuster! He grabbed the microphone! He told Savage that he didn’t like favours, and especially from the likes of him…but was looking forward to now winning his title shot at Final Resolution. Savage attempted to pull himself back onto his feet as Brown headed to the back…

With just two weeks till Final Resolution TNA Wrestling decided to release a survey in order to discover which wrestlers were truly "over" in the eyes of their fans. While it was never discovered why they actually wanted to find out this information rumour had it that TNA was going to use the information to shape the federation over the upcoming year...

- The Narrator

TNA Fans Survey Results

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling today released results to an interactive survey they had decided to run for their fans to show what they truly liked about their product.

The results were both somewhat expected, and surprising.

The survey started by looking at which TNA superstars were the favourites of the fans, and these results were collated:

TNA's Top Superstars:

Faces:

#1. "Macho Man" Randy Savage

#2. Chris Sabin

#3. Jeff Hardy

#4. Dusty Rhodes

#5. Johnny B. Badd

Heels:

#1. Raven

#2. Petey Williams

#3. Jeff Jarrett

#4. Kevin Nash

#5. Konnan

It would have been expected to see names like Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Jeff Hardy and Raven nearing the tops of the list, however TNA officials were said to be surprised at just how "over" the X-Division's Chris Sabin and Petey Williams were while Johnny B. Badd and Konnan were also very surprising additions to the list. The actual top "draw" was Raven - who drew 34% of the total votes.

When asked which wrestlers fans would like to see in TNA in the future there was a more even set of results from the survey, it showed how the fans both wanted "name" stars and "X-Division" stars...

Top 10 Most Wanted Wrestlers in TNA

#1. Steve Austin - Unemployed

#2. Jushin Liger - NJPW

#3. Sean Waltman - Unemployed

#4. Hollywood Hogan - Unemployed

#5. Scott Steiner - Unemployed

#6. Austin Aries - RoH

#7. Samoa Joe - RoH

#8. Ken Shamrock - Unemployed

#9. D'Lo Brown - USAPRO

#10. Sting - Unemployed

However despite this list of names being produced it is very unlikely that an influx of these superstars will be brought to TNA. Rumor has it that TNA officials just wanted to see what types of wrestler would be most welcomed to their product currently.

Other areas of the survey saw X-Division matches being fan favourites while AMW were named the most underated wrestlers in TNA - despite a past push for Chris Harris not being entirely successful.

user posted image

Fantastic Frank Ferdinand To TNA

Independant wrestler "Jimmy Vegas" today impressed TNA officials to the extent where he was snapped up on a one year deal. The writing team in TNA were on the lookout for someone to front a new X-Division character in "Fantastic Frank Ferdinand" and Vegas is said to be their man...

Wrestling-wise Ferdinand has been compared to other TNA superstars like Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt in skill and his Triple Powerbomb finishing move also shows a strength as well. Ferdinand is expected to debut on Xplosion's first show back on TV next week...and from there, who knows?

user posted image

Impact! Results – Friday 7th January 2005

Jeff Jarrett’s music played in the background of the introduction video as the NWA Champion’s showing as DOA from last week’s show was highlighted to open Impact. The video showed Jarrett’s main decisions leading up to the moment when made his announcement concerning Monty Brown and his match against Abyss at Final Resolution…but then the background theme faded out…and the Macho Man’s theme started! To conclude the video Savage came out and announced that he was the boss next week, and the main event would be Jarrett vs. the Alpha Male…No Holds Barred! The match graphic then faded in with, “Monty Brown…Jeff Jarrett…TONIGHT!” in letters scrolling along the bottom of the screen…

Ladies and Gentlemen…Jonny Fairplay!

But as Impact went down to ringside there was no time for hyping because Jonny Fairplay was making his way down to the ring. He was back after a lengthy layoff from TNA and immediately took a microphone before climbing into the ring.

Jonny Fairplay: Ladies and Gentlemen! Viewers on Television! I, Jonny Fairplay have arrived back in TNA!

A few boos filled the arena as he smiled to himself about that news…

Jonny Fairplay: And I come bearing good news for you all, because you will be seeing a lot more of me in the future! I have signed a new contract here at TNA and I have also made “negotiations” with several people in the back – and that makes me a very powerful guy here from this day forward.

Fairplay paused as the cameras showed a swoop of the booing crowd.

Jonny Fairplay: So I would all like to introduce to you all, my first managerial client in TNA…PETEY WILLIAMS!!

Tenay and West both said “What?!” as the Canadian National Anthem played the X-Division’s No 1 Contender down to the ring…Once inside the six sided battleground Williams reached out and shook Fairplay’s hand before taunting on a turnbuckle to the still booing crowd. Fairplay continued to speak as Williams’ music stopped.

Jonny Fairplay: You see people, Petey Williams is the future of TNA, he is going to recapture the X-Division from this day forward and head to the top. Oh and Petey? I promise you as your manager…you will not have to worry about any unnecessary suspensions from now on…

Williams took the microphone.

Petey Williams: That’s great Fairplay, I just want to send a message out at this moment in time to a man who originally took what was mine – but will fall at Final Resolution back into the pit he came from. Chris Sabin! I will regain my title at Final Resolution, with Jonny Fairplay at my side I have a man stronger than any other manager in wrestling history! This man (points at Fairplay) is a no good son of a b…(beep)…! And that’s the man I want to guide me…back to the top of the X-Division.

Williams extended the microphone back to his new manager and started to warm up in the corner of the ring…

Jonny Fairplay: And as my first act as Petey Williams’ manager I am issuing an open challenge! Right now, any superstar in the back. You can come out here and attempt to prove yourself against the top X-Division star of today, tomorrow and the future! Don’t be scared, just come on out here!

Some generic dance music hit around the arena and here was a dancing OK Revolution! That dance contest from two weeks ago had seemingly left an impression on the young Japanise star as he strutted his stuff down the ramp and up into the ring. Williams immediately attacked his opponent as official Mike Posey (who had also ran down from the back) called for the match to begin.

72%

Petey Williams vs. OK Revolution

OK Revolution was in trouble from the word go as Williams threw him across the ring and nailed him with a snap suplex. But Revolution managed to kick out and force his way back into the match with a front neckbreaker into a cover of his own. Williams kicked out with Fairplay shouting him on from ringside before then ducking a spinning heel kick, Fairplay climbed onto the apron and distracted Revolution momentarily…he then turned around into the Canadian Destroyer! 1…2…3! And this short contest was over via Fairplay’s distraction! He joined his new client in the ring as Williams signalled that he would get the X-Division title back around his waist…He had easily won his first match under new manager Fairplay and now was looking a lot stronger heading into Final Resolution. If there was ever a message to be sent out to Chris Sabin…that was it!

Time: 2:21

Match Rating: ***3/4

71% - 46% - 97%

The Confrontation

The Macho Man was shown sitting behind a desk watching the television monitor when the sound of a door shutting was heard…and NWA Champion Jeff Jarrett walked into shot. Savage stood up immediately…

Jeff Jarrett: Savage, I hope your happy with what you have got me into tonight!

Randy Savage: Ohhh Yeaah! It just so happens that I am happy, but you should be worrin’ about me, the Macho Man rather than Monty Brown anyways! I am the guy you’re gonna have to put that title up against! You should be worrin’ about me gettin’ my hands on that title at Final Resolution!

Jarrett paused for a moment and just looked at Savage before removing his title from his shoulder…

Jeff Jarrett: There is no way I am going to loose this title to you…

Randy Savage: Well, if you weren’t sidetracked by Monty Brown – I’d believe you. But you have been distracted soooo long that you are on the backfoot, you are going to loose to me Jarrett! I will be the next NWA Champion!!

Jarrett turned and left as DOA Savage looked on. It seemed the champion had heard enough from his Final Resolution opponent…

84%

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. Kazarian and Shane

Impact returned from the commercial break at ringside with Mike Tenay and Don West as they introduced the next match of the evening between AMW and the duo of Shane and Kazarian. Harris and Shane started the match – with the experience of AMW gaining them the early advantage over the self dubbed, “Next Generation”. Wildcat took down Shane with a spinning backbreaker before making the first cover of the contest for a quick two count. Harris then made the tag to Storm – who walked into a very blatant low blow. Referee Fred Richards warned Shane who laughed before making the tag to Kazarian. The two new legal men eventually started to exchange blows before Kazarian took down Storm with a frankensteiner off the top rope! He made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. The tag was then exchanged again between Shane and Kazarian as Storm just managed to tag Harris back into the match. Wildcat dominated the match from that point, he threw Shane off the ropes and ducked a super kick into the Catatonic!! Referee Richards made the count! 1…2…3! AMW had won the match! But this thing wasn’t over yet! Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger the NWA Tag Champs had hit the ring! Harris ducked a belt shot and kicked Swinger down as Storm got lamped over the skull by Diamond! And here came the Patriots!! Representing the USA the red, white and blue clad team jumped straight into the mass brawl erupting in the ring! All four teams were just beating the hell out of each other as security headed down the ramp…

The Macho Man then came up on the big screen!

Randy Savage: Ohh, you eight guys jus’ wanna beat tha hell out of each ‘utha?! Well you guys can now do it at Final Resolution! ‘Cause NYC? You’re defendin’ the belts against, the Patriots, Kazarian and Shane and America’s Most Wanted!! All three teams!! OHH YEAAAHHHH! 

The TNA Security held back the four teams as the New York Connection just looked around at the challengers for their titles…they had just bitten off more than they could chew by getting involved. Now they would have to defend their tag titles against three teams at Final Resolution!

Winners: America’s Most Wanted

Time: 6:54

Match Rating: ***3/4

79% - 65% - 93%

Glenn Gilberti Interview

The action went backstage as Scott Hudson was shown standing alongside another member of the NYC…Glenn Gilberti.

Scott Hudson: Glenn Gilberti, just two weeks away now you will step into the ring against a man who’s career you nearly ended…

Glenn Gilberti: Nearly ended? Scott Hudson, Johnny B. Badd’s career was over when he couldn’t get over as Marc something or another in the WWE. Infact, I still cannot believe that he is still around here looking for some revenge! I mean revenge is all well and good, but against me? Revenge is not even a word in my dictionary Scott.

Scott Hudson: That being said Glenn, Johnny B. Badd has said how how the NYC will feel his wrath…

Glenn Gilberti: Feel his wrath? What sort of guy is this, feel his wrath?! I’ll tell you something Scott, when that over-hyped excuse of a wrestler messed with the New York Connection, he sure as hell messed with all three of us. He may be facing me at Final Resolution – but he has got three men in his pursuit now, not just the one…

Gilberti paused for a moment, as Scott Hudson was going to say something else he interrupted again…

Glenn Gilberti: Hell, I’ve got an idea Johnny. How about next week in a preview for our Final Resolution New York Streetfight…you face me…Johnny Swinger and Simon Diamond. 3 ON 1!

The noise of feet shuffling was heard just slightly off camera as Gilberti turned around. The camera then turned to reveal Johnny B. Badd himself!

Johnny B. Badd: Glenn, I accept…

Badd then wandered off screen again as Gilberti looked on…for a man who had a 3 on 1 advantage next week he didn’t look very confident at all!

75%

Tag Team Match

Sonjay Dutt and D-Ray 3000 vs. Kid Kash and Dallas

Special Guest Referees: Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka

The first of the Macho Man’s ideas for his running of Impact was this match. Kid Kash and Dallas went up against Sonjay Dutt and D-Ray 3000, but it wasn’t just finished there as there was two very special referees booked…Kash and Dallas’ PPV opponents Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka! But to their credit they both called the contest straight down the middle. Kash took down D-Ray with his Money Maker and Piper immediately counted the three to give Kash and Dallas the win after what was a rather dull contest. But despite Piper and Snuka calling the match straight down the middle the winners were not happy. Kash got into Piper’s face as the crowd could sense the whole situation about to blow over…but Hotrod just turned away! He backed down from Kash and now the winning team made their way up to the back…both Kash and Dallas demonstrated to Piper and Snuka what they thought of them as they made their way up the ramp…that situation was close to turning nasty, but Piper had stepped down from Kash, mental advantage to the cocky youngster?

Winners: Kid Kash and Dallas

Time: 4:31

Match Rating: *1/2

63% - 54% - 73%

Backstage Confrontation – Primetime Style

The action immediately shifted from the ramp to the corridors of Soundstage 21 as Elix Skipper was shown walking alongside the camera. He turned a corner and was halted by the figure of the Fallen Angel just standing in front of him…

Christopher Daniels: Bald Angel? That’s a new one Elix! I at least expected some better comments from your mouth than that load of garbage. I mean come on?! Originality Primetime! I don’t see how you expect to win in the ring if you can’t even put across a viable story to back it up…

Elix Skipper: Yeah?! Is that right huh Chris! Well at least I don’t go around sticking knives in all ma friends backs!

Christopher Daniels: At least I let you share my spotlight…that’s the only way you were EVER going to get “Primetime” Elix Skipper…

Skipper had heard enough and just swung his right fist…Daniels hit the floor and grabbed his face before Primetime left shot, he had caught that right hand perfectly and the Fallen Angel didn’t retaliate, he just looked on as the action went back out to ringside…

71%

Tag Team Match

3 Live Kru vs. Slash and Sinn

Jeff Hardy came down before this match began as he was invited to do guest commentary alongside Tenay and West. Raven meanwhile led down his new Flock of Slash and Sinn to face two thirds of their Final Resolution opponents…BG James and Ron Killings. Slash and James started the match as Raven and Hardy exchanged looks from their different positions…The New Flock took the early advantage in the contest with Slash taking down James with a backdrop before getting an assist from Sinn in their corner. Killings attempted to climb into the ring to help – and thus aided the Flock with the referee distracted. They both whipped James off the ropes and connected with a double clothesline. Slash made the cover for a two and then tagged in Sinn. James was struggling now as Killings desperately reached out for the tag…but then there was still hope! James countered a superkick and took down Sinn with a right hand! He dived across the ring and made the tag! Killings was the new legal man and he took down Sinn with a scoop slam. He made the cover, but Raven was distracting the referee! And now there was someone running down the ramp! It was Konnan! Killings stood up and turned around to see Konnan perform a front roll into a massive clothesline! And now Hardy had left the announce position and was brawling with Raven on the outside! This match was just erupting! Sinn dropped his arm over Killings as the referee turned around! 1…2…3! Sinn and Slash had won the match thanks to Konnan screwing his ex-buddies! DDP was now running down from the back! He jumped on Konnan and took him down with right hands as a mass brawl erupted all over the place! Security ran down from the back and managed to break everything up as the action went backstage…this entire confusing match had ended with eight men brawling all over the place!

Winners: Slash and Sinn

Time: 6:41

Match Rating: *

60% - 52% - 68% - Ron "The Truth" Killings lost 1 point of overness from this match. Slash gained 1 point of overness from this match. Sinn gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Warming Up…

Jeff Jarrett was shown stretching while looking at his NWA Title…Monty Brown was shown doing press ups in another location. The main event was up next…Jarrett…Brown…No Holds Barred! Impact went for its final commercial break with a split screen showing both men preparing for what would be a violent contest.

78%

No Holds Barred

Jeff Jarrett vs. Monty Brown

As Impact returned Monty Brown’s music hit around the arena. The man himself made his way down to the ring alongside cheers from the attending crowd…But as soon as he climbed through the ropes Abyss slid into the ring and attacked the Alpha Male! He had been lying in wait! The monster had a steel chair in hand and cracked Brown over the spine! He then whipped Brown off the ropes…but was nailed with the Pounce for his trouble!! Abyss rolled to the outside as Brown called for Jarrett to come out…but the video screen revealed the true situation. It showed Jarrett with his bags packed jumping into his limo and speeding away from the arena! Jarrett had done a runner! This match had never even started!

No Contest

86%

Play It My Way

Brown wasn’t happy in the ring, he had just witnessed his chance to get his hands on Jeff Jarrett slip away as the champion made his escape. Randy Savage’s music hit around the arena as the Alpha Male kicked the bottom rope in the ring…Savage joined Brown in the ring and grabbed a microphone.

Randy Savage: Tonight the Macho Man is running this show! I booked Jarrett to face Monty Brown – but Jarrett went and done a runner! And ya know what? That jus’ wasn’t in my planning…so Jeff, I’m gonna use my power to do something not in your planning!

Savage turned to Brown in the corner of the ring…

Randy Savage: Like you last week Jeff, I can make the decisions around here! So ya know Monty Brown’s match against Abyss at Final Resolution? Well, if he wins now…he will BECOME THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER!! May it be me or you gainst him if he beats Abyss – he will be tha first in line!

The crowd erupted as the Alpha Male smiled…Savage extended his hand and they both shook hands! But hang on! Brown took down Savage with a Spinebuster! The Alpha Male just gave TNA’s Director of Authority a spinebuster after that announcement – that was actually in favour to him!

Brown grabbed the microphone off the mat…

Monty Brown: Randy Savage, I don’t like favours FROM ANYONE! But I still wanna thank you…I can now win ma title shot at Final Resolution. And I don’t care if it’s you…or Jarrett. Somewhere down the line now I am gonna beat one of ya to hell and back for that title!

Savage pulled himself up on the ropes slowly as Brown headed to the back. He had made his Impact for the week…he didn’t want Savage’s help – but had got it anyways. Impact went off the air with Brown looking back at an annoyed Savage in the ring. 

78%

Overall Show Rating: 74%

Overall Television Rating: 4.13

Attendance: 5,040

Ticket Sales: $201,600

Kid Kash - I don't think regularly teaming with Dallas is a good idea. I'm getting far bigger crowd reactions - how about making the team inactive and giving me a singles run?

user posted image

Xplosion Preview – Tuesday 11th January 2005

Jeremy Borash and Mike Tenay will this week welcome the world back to TNA’s Xplosion show on MTV. It will feature highlights from this past week’s Impact show alongside exclusive interviews – and of course in-ring contests between TNA talent.

The main event will be dubbed, “Final Resolution Preview” as one halves of the NWA Tag Title match at that event will face off against each other in a Fatal 4 Way match. Patriot 1 will represent the American Patriots, Simon Diamond will represent the champs – the NYC, James Storm will represent AMW and finally Frankie Kazarian will represent his team with Michael Shane. A win here will without a doubt bring huge confidence to the competitor heading into Sunday’s PPV, maybe this match will affect who leaves with the gold?

We will also see The Naturals – Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas go up against the tag team of D-Ray 3000 and Sonjay Dutt. Stevens and Douglas have the tag experience over their opponents, but Dutt has filled in for the injured Shark Boy alongside D-Ray with confidence. This will be a top tag team match.

The other two matches will see the debut of Fantastic Frank Ferdinand (against OK Revolution) and Abismo Negro step up against Chad Collyer.

Make sure you tune in to MTV to see Xplosion return! The show is going to be off the chart just days away from Final Resolution!

Confirmed Matches:

Final Resolution Preview – Fatal 4 Way Match

Patriot 1 vs. Simon Diamond vs. James Storm vs. Frankie Kazarian

Tag Team Match

The Naturals vs. D-Ray 3000 and Sonjay Dutt

Abismo Negro vs. Chad Collyer

Fantastic Frank Ferdinand vs. OK Revolution