Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

Part 1...

user posted image

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling:

Final Resolution 2005 – Sunday 16th January

Live! On Pay-Per-View!

“This is TNA…the new face of professional wrestling” was the voiceover as the short introduction video came to an end amidst flashing images of Monty Brown, Jeff Hardy and the champion Jeff Jarrett.

“This is my Final Resolution…” was voiced over by several TNA superstars as the introduction video started to play. The images flashed through Jeff Hardy, Elix Skipper, Johnny B. Badd and Randy Savage with all of them repeating those words until Jeff Jarrett was shown doing the same…The video then focused in on Monty Brown hitting the Pounce on a few wrestlers with black pauses separating each shot. Brown then was shown looking straight into the camera…“My Final Resolution, is to win the title shot I deserve tonight!”. Then the video faded out from his face to show Raven with his arms extended standing in his nest…Evenflow after Evenflow hit the mat before Raven’s turn to face the camera took place…“My Final Resolution, is to strike off the names of those on my road to Destiny!”. A mass brawl was then shown with the 3 Live Kru, The New Flock and Jeff Hardy before the video moved on again to show Christopher Daniels looking into the camera. “My Final Resolution, is to start something, to start something great for the Fallen Angel!” Daniels was then shown looking over the fallen Elix Skipper before the whole screen went black…and the outline of the Macho Man walking up the entrance way was shown alongside a more lighter change of music. The video went through his brawling with TNA superstars before zooming straight into his eyes…“My Final Resolution…is to become champion…TONIGHT!”…

The normal voiceover came over as a spinning TNA logo exploded to reveal black outlines of wrestlers standing alongside each other…“And now…TNA Wrestling presents…” The figures all dived towards the screen to leave one left…who done a sentom bomb into the camera…“Final Resolution…”…the logo was left in the screen before it faded out to reveal a shot overlooking Soundstage 21!

Mike Tenay: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us! It’s Sunday January 16th 2005, and it’s time for Final Resolution! We are overlooking Soundstage 21 here at Universal Studios where tonight there will be many top-class matches from TNA!

The cameras then went inside the arena as a quick swoop of the crowd saw what looked like standing room only for the numerous people inside! Then the focus went down to Mike Tenay and Don West at ringside…

Mike Tenay: Welcome again everyone, Mike Tenay and Don West here at ringside – and like I said Don we have a massive show for everyone here tonight, perhaps the biggest in TNA’s over two year history!

Don West: I would have to agree there Mike! Tonight we have a triple main event for you! And where do we start on this?!

Mike Tenay: Well firstly we have to talk about the NWA Title, tonight will see the Macho Man Randy Savage get a chance to leave with the gold as he faces the champion Jeff Jarrett.

The match graphic appears as Tenay and West continue…

Don West: Until last week Jeff Jarrett was very confident about this match tonight, but I saw him earlier Mike – and after last Friday’s Impact he doesn’t seem as confident! Are we going to see a new champion here tonight!?

Mike Tenay: Who knows, we will find out later! Also tonight one man’s career will be shaped forever – The Alpha Male Monty Brown will compete against Abyss in a First Blood Match!

That match graphic comes up onto screen as West adds further analysis…

Don West: And of course Mike, if Monty Brown wins he will become the number one contender to the NWA Title…

Mike Tenay: But then Don if he looses he will never get a title shot!

Don West: Very true, the Alpha Male has got to give it his all here tonight, or else he will never get a chance to become the NWA Champion – and I personally think he has already deserved that chance anyways!

Mike Tenay: Also don’t forget, Christopher Daniels against Elix Skipper, the X-Division title match and Raven’s Clockwork Orange House of Fun 6-Man Tag as we hand you over to the capable hands of our in-ring announcer Jeremy Borash!

Michael Shane and Frankie Kazarian’s music hit around the arena as the cameras cut to the team making their way down the ramp towards the ring. Meanwhile JB in the ring got on the microphone…

Jeremy Borash: Ladies and gentlemen, our opening contest of the evening is a four team, four corners match for the NWA Tag Team Championship! The first man to pin one of the opposition wins the match for his team – and thus wins the Tag Team Titles!

There was a brief pause from Borash as Kazarian and Shane climbed inside the six sided ring.

Jeremy Borash: Introducing first…with a combined weight of 370 pounds…Michael Shane and Frankie “The Future” Kazarian!

Their music stopped as the remix of the US national anthem faded in to play the American Patriots down to the ring. Both men stopped and made salutes towards the fans before joining Kazarian and Shane and awaiting the third team. The crowd erupted as AMW’s music then hit over the speakers…there was a short pause before Chris Harris and James Storm walked out into the arena and taunted to the fans on both sides of the arena. They then stormed the ring and climbed the turnbuckles as all three of the challenging teams waited for the champions. They didn’t have to wait long as the NYC shortly made their way down the ramp towards the challenge ahead of them…Both Swinger and Diamond removed their belts before walking around the ring and looking in at the six men gunning for their tag team gold…Referee Rudy Charles sorted out that James Storm and Michael Shane would start the contest as the champions finally took their places on the apron. Charles called for the bell as Shane and Storm circled each other…

NWA Tag Team Championship – Four Corners Match

New York Connection © vs. America’s Most Wanted vs. American Patriots vs. Kazarian & Shane

Both men locked up to get the match underway. Shane twisted out of the hold and turned Storm’s arm behind his back before getting whipped off the ropes. He ducked a right hand from Storm and then countered an attempted spinebuster into a facebuster on his opponent, Kazarian was already calling for the tag as Shane pulled up Storm and walked him into his corner. The tag was exchanged as both Kazarian and Shane nailed Storm with right hands, Shane climbed through the ropes onto the apron as the Future whipped the Cowboy across the ring into the opposite corner – this allowed Chris Harris to reach across and tag himself into the match. The Wildcat launched himself at Kazarian with a flying lariat before whipping him off the ropes into a side Russian legsweep. Harris hooked the leg, 1…2…Swinger broke up the fall just as Kazarian kicked out. Harris gave a dirty look to Swinger before pulling up Kazarian and whipping him off the ropes again – this time into a back body drop. He then immediately ran over and knocked Swinger off the apron with a right hand! Diamond attempted to get into the ring only for the referee to hold him back. But Harris had made a mistake as Kazarian was lying in wait behind him! The Wildcat turned around into the superkick! Kazarian hooked the leg, 1…2…Kick out!

Diamond then on the apron screamed at Kazarian that he wanted to tag into the match! After a pause thinking about it…the Future reached out and made the tag to one halve of the champions. Diamond turned Harris around and started to nail him with right hands as the dazed Wildcat attempted to shove past and make the tag to someone. He eventually managed to turn past his opponent – only for Diamond to pull him down onto the mat from behind. The subsequent cover got a two count before Diamond rolled over and locked in a head scissors…Harris struggled around for breath for a while before Diamond then grabbed his opponents arm and also locked that in with an armbar! Now the Wildcat was completely unable to move as the crowd cheered in an attempt to draw him back up. It wasn’t working however and Harris looked like he was going to pass out! But Patriot 2 was his saviour – he climbed into the ring and broke up the submission with an axe handle. This drew the rest of the wrestlers into the ring, firstly Swinger climbed in and attacked the Patriots before Storm went to the aid of his partner and the Kazarian/Shane combination got involved. Swinger and Diamond were whipped off the ropes by the Patriots into double big boots! But then also in synchronisation the team of Kazarian and Shane grabbed both of the Patriots from behind and threw them over the top rope to the floor!

They high-fived each other and turned around…failing to see Storm diving off the top rope with a double crossbody! Harris then got back onto his feet! He pulled up Diamond who was the legal man! Kazarian, Shane and Swinger had all rolled out to the floor and this left AMW against one half of the tag champs! Harris spun Diamond around and held him in position as Storm headed up top again! Death Sentence! Nailed! Harris rolled through into the bridge as Storm exited the ring! 1…2…NO! That was close but Swinger had managed to dive in to break up the count and keep the gold! (For a short time at least) He pulled up Harris and whipped him off the ropes, but Harris ducked his clothesline into the Catatonic! Swinger rolled to the outside again from the impact as Kazarian climbed back into the ring and knocked Harris into the corner of the ring. This allowed Patriot 1 to get the blind tag into the match off his back as Kazarian climbed up infront of the Wildcat and nailed some right hands. But Harris re-arranged his body positioning and got Kazarian up for a powerbomb! But Swinger and Diamond were back up in the ring! Double Dropkick to Harris! The momentum sent Harris and Kazarian (who was still on his shoulders) over the top rope to the floor! They were defiantly out of this contest now! Shane was back in the ring though, he went to nail Diamond with a superkick – but had it caught! Shane just shook his head as he was taken down with a spinning heel kick!

The NYC had this match in control and they started to celebrate with each other…however they didn’t see that they had the Patriots and James Storm lined up behind them! The crowd cheered as Diamond and Swinger got closer and closer to turning around…then they did! Storm and Swinger exchanged right hands as they started to battle all over the ring. Meanwhile Diamond was whipped off the ropes by the Patriots…and then pulled up! The Golden Eagle to Diamond! Patriot 1 was the legal man! He hooked the leg! 1…2…3! The Patriots were the new NWA Tag Team Champions! Shane had tried to get back in the ring to break up the count, but he couldn’t make it! Swinger couldn’t believe it as he looked down at his fallen partner…they had lost their titles! Both of the Patriots climbed the turnbuckles in celebration, they had won the top honour in the tag division, they were number one!

Winners: The American Patriots

Time: 13:45

Match Rating: **1/4

Mike Tenay: One match down Don, one title has changed hands!

Don West: Yes Mike, we have new NWA Tag Team Champions! The Patriots sure as hell are impressive folks, they have only been here over a month!

Mike Tenay: They may have been here a short time Don, but they sure as hell have proven their worth to TNA! And tonight they have their reward in becoming the top team in the tag division…

Don West: They sure do Mike!

The Patriots left the ring and started to make their way to the back celebrating amongst the fans as Tenay and West continued…

Mike Tenay: But now ladies and gentlemen it’s time for the Tag Team Grudge match! Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka will team up against Kid Kash and Dallas in what has Don, been an interesting but unsurprising situation over the last month or so.

Don West: Yes, unsurprising in the sense that Kid Kash has never had any respect for the older generations in professional wrestling…but tonight he may meet his match. I think Mike that Piper and Superfly are still very able to win.

Mike Tenay: So do I Don, but let’s now pass back to our colleague Shane Douglas – who is standing by with Kid Kash and Dallas themselves. Take it away Shane!

The action went backstage as Douglas was shown with his microphone in hand standing alongside the two men mentioned in Kash and Dallas…Kash was standing with a massive smile on his face, he was also just gently throwing and catching a coconut in his left hand…

Shane Douglas: Thank you Mike, I am of course here with two of the men involved in the upcoming tag team match. Kid Kash, let me start with you…

Kash caught the coconut one last time before grabbing the microphone off the Franchise with his other hand…

Kid Kash: We haven’t got time for YOUR questions Shane Douglas. The K-I-D and Dallas here have got themselves a match just moments away so we need to make this short and sweet if ya hear what im saying…

Douglas nodded his head in agreement before Kash continued.

Kid Kash: Good, well Rowdy Roddy Piper! (looks into the camera) I know you’re watching the monitor, waiting to see what I have to say to ya! All I wanna ask is…how’s your noggin is old timer! I bet you thought I’d forgot about your coconutting antics in your day, huh? You thought using coconuts was over in the prehistoric times? When you yourself used a coconut on Jimmy Snuka? Huh? Well guess what?! I am taking some advice from the so-called legend that is yourself Piper. I used this coconut on you to prove a point…I am taking your place here in wrestling. You aren’t wanted any more because your slot on the card has been filled old man! And tonight? My main man Dallas and myself are gonna prove the same to Jimmy Snuka – when he, for the second time of his illustrious career meets head-on with a coconut…

Kash laughed for a moment and threw the coconut up in the air a few more times…

Kid Kash: And to make things even better, we are going to beat you here tonight! Oh, and one more thing Piper, Snuka. Tonight? Final Resolution? It’s your retirement party…

Dallas finally showed some emotion and laughed along with his partner as Kash mouthed, “how do ya like that?!” to the Franchise and shoved the microphone back into his grasp…

Shane Douglas: Back to you Mike…

The Bagpipes hit around the arena as the action headed back ringside for the second contest of the evening. Piper and Snuka walked out from the entranceway side by side before looking around at the huge crowd in attendance and taunting. As soon as they climbed into the ring their opponents started to make their way out from the opposite entrance. Kash was showing off the coconut he had with him to the crowd as Dallas walked in front and climbed into the ring first. The K-I-D continued to show the crowd around the ring the coconut before he jumped onto the apron and placed it down underneath the turnbuckles alongside him. Referee Andrew Thomas called for the bell as Dallas failed to hang around and shoved a knee into Piper’s ribs…

Tag Team Grudge Match

Kid Kash and Dallas vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka

Dallas continued this start to the match and nailed Piper with an axe handle to the spine that knocked the legend down onto his knees. The powerhouse then pulled up Piper and nailed some strong right hands that sent his opponent over into the corner of the ring. He followed that up with a whip across into the opposite corner, Hotrod crashed into the turnbuckles back-first before staggering out of the corner into a standing big boot! Piper was very much in trouble after those few shots as Dallas asked Kash if he wanted into the match…Kash said, “no – carry on beatin’ his ass!” as Piper got back onto his feet. Dallas went to nail some more fists  - but was blocked! The crowd sensed something here as Piper fought back with fast rights and lefts to Dallas’ head and torso! The big man was stumbling around a bit now as Piper swung his arm around three times and nailed the knock out punch that sent Dallas to the mat! Piper made the cover, 1…2…Dallas powered out. Hotrod took a step back as the obviously pissed Dallas jumped back onto his feet, he wasn’t at all happy with the way Piper just took him down. Dallas ran at him, but was ducked into the corner! More right hands from Piper…but Dallas after a while shrugged them off and picked up Piper! Running Spinebuster into the middle of the ring! That silenced everyone as Kash applauded on the apron. Dallas left Piper down on the mat for a while before pulling him up and whipping him off the ropes into a second big boot of the match. He made the cover, 1…2…Piper kicked out.

The first tag of the match was then made as Dallas was called over by Kash, he wanted to pick at what already looked like a carcass…he immediately ran in and stomped down on Piper as Hotrod failed to get back onto his feet following the cover. Kash stopped his stomping for a moment as he thought of an idea, he ran off the ropes and jumped two-footed onto Piper’s chest! It completely forced the air out of him as Kash went to do the move a second time…but he stopped before making the jump and looked over to the corner of the ring. The K-I-D pointed over to the corner and laughed before slowly climbing through the ropes and then up the turnbuckles…he positioned himself ready to jump onto Piper again! He jumped off! But Piper jumped up and caught him in the ribs with a right hand that doubled his opponent over! Kash was in trouble as he jumped back onto his feet into a low dropkick from Piper! Hotrod continued his attack and whipped Kash off the ropes. Both men connected with clotheslines to each other as Kash travelled back across from the ropes! Both men had taken each other out as the crowd came to life behind Snuka on the apron. He banged his foot up and down in an attempt to gain Hotrod’s attention as both he and Kash started to crawl to their corners…Kash made the tag first to Dallas! But Piper still managed to tag Snuka!

The Superfly was now in the match! He ducked a clothesline from Dallas and nailed Kash with a cheap finger to the eye! Snuka then turned around and ducked a Dallas big boot – that caught Kash right in the head and sent him over the top rope! As Dallas held his head in disbelief Snuka nailed a sloppy bulldog from behind and made the cover! 1…2…Kick out! Piper was now back in the ring and he headed over to the opposition corner…where he took the coconut! Referee Thomas was distracted by Kash on the outside as Hotrod smashed Dallas over the head! Snuka headed up onto the top rope! Piper went to the outside and started to nail the K-I-D with right hands as his partner came off the top rope! Superfly Splash from the top! Snuka hooked the leg of Dallas! Referee Thomas turned around! 1…2…3! The legends had done it again! For the second month running the older generation had defeated the younger generation! Piper joined his partner in the ring to celebrate as Kash looked beside himself outside the ring…

Winners: Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka

Time: 9:35

Match Rating: *1/4

Dallas rolled out of the ring and straight into an argument with his energetic partner as the angry Kash shoved him a couple of times…Dallas had seen enough and shoved Kash back! He shoved Kash from his face onto the ramp and stormed past towards the back! Kash shouted after Dallas, but he was gone and he hadn’t looked back!

Don West: Mike, it looks like Kid Kash and Dallas could be through!

Mike Tenay: Kid Kash was obviously upset to loose to Piper and Snuka Don, and I think he will regret having done that to his partner. Why would you even mess with Dallas anyway? He would be a great tag partner for anyone!

Don West: Right, it’s not as if he lost on purpose or anything.

Mike Tenay: But anyway emotions are running high here tonight folks, and this is just the start!

The action then went backstage as the Alpha Male Monty Brown was shown arriving at Soundstage 21! He had a large plaster on his forehead covering his wound from Impact…that could play out a lot in his match tonight. Brown then opened the back door of his car and took his bag before locking up and heading straight towards the locker rooms. The focused look on his face told the whole story, tonight was going to make or break his career in TNA…As Brown shut the door behind him leading into the arena the camera changed its attention over to the shadows by a nearby fire exit. Eventually the figure of Abyss could be made out just edging forward from the darkness…before retreating again…

Mike Tenay: Well Don, Monty Brown is here and Abyss is getting ready in his own sort of way, but that’s coming up later as now it’s time for the New York Streetfight!

The match graphic came onto screen showing Johnny B. Badd and Glenn Gilberti with New York monuments and weapons behind them…

Don West: Folks, this whole situation between the NYC and Johnny B. Badd has all come about thanks to Pat Kenney…I mean Simon Diamond turning his back on Badd – who was his tag partner at the time! Infact this time last month Diamond and Badd were going against the NYC for the tag team gold!

Mike Tenay: They were Don that’s correct. It looks to me like the ring is set up ready so let’s sit back and watch this very personal contest…

The attention was then directed to the ring, which had weapons placed around the outside. They could only be classed as “New York” weapons however. There was a shopping trolley, tables, a blow-up Statue of Liberty, trash cans and a hotdog stand…amongst other things. As the cameras continued to look at the different types of weapons the NYC’s music hit, to which Glenn Gilberti started to make his way down to the ring. He shrugged off the crowds boos as he made his way down the ramp but did get into some guy’s face who had tried to touch him. Gilberti then wandered around the outside of the six sided ring and grabbed a kendo stick before pulling himself up onto the apron. His music faded out as Johnny B. Badd’s burst into life, but despite the energetic and fun sounding theme Badd was not in a similar mood. He focused his eyes on Gilberti in the ring and pointed at him before jogging down the ramp and sliding under the bottom rope!

New York Streetfight

Glenn Gilberti vs. Johnny B. Badd

Referee Mike Posey called for the bell as Badd ducked a kendo stick shot and ran off the opposite ropes. He ducked a second shot as he came back across the ring and quickly stopped to floor Gilberti with a clothesline. Badd grabbed the kendo stick and quickly caught Gilberti in the head as he turned around onto his knees! But one shot wasn’t enough – Badd nailed a couple more before kicking Gilberti in the face and knocking him back to the mat again! The violence inside Badd was already showing seconds after the bell sounded! He then climbed back to the outside of the ring and started to look under the ring for some more varied weapons than were on display. After a lengthy time fumbling Badd pulled out a steel chair…he raised it up in the air before turning and facing the crowd – as he showed off the chair he failed to notice Gilberti was now standing on the apron! Badd turned around and was nailed with an axe handle off the apron! Both men were down as referee Posey also climbed to the outside of the ring. After a reasonable pause with replays shown of the axe handle it was Gilberti who got onto his feet first. He walked over and stood behind the shopping trolley…before pushing it and ramming it into Badd’s head as he attempted to get back up! Gilberti then pushed the trolley out of the way before turning around and looking at the blow-up Statue of Liberty…he smiled and grabbed Badd around the back of the head.

Gilberti threw Badd face-first into the nearby barricade before pointing over to the green blow-up “weapon”. He grabbed Badd again and whipped him across into the Statue of Liberty! He taunted as the dazed Badd attempted to remain on his feet…Gilberti then grabbed a steel chair as Badd leaned against the Statue…he ran at Badd and went to nail him with the chair – but Badd ducked and Gilberti caught Lady Liberty! He actually started apologizing to the statue! But then he had a double take and turned around…into a standing dropkick! Badd made the cover, 1…2…Kick out! Falls of course counted anywhere in this contest! Badd pulled up Gilberti and threw him head-first into the back of the ring post before looking around for some more weapons…he spotted the hotdog stand and made his way over. Badd opened the cooking area and pulled out a cooked hotdog! He then took a bread roll and made himself a snack! A tad of sauce and the ‘dog was complete! Badd took a bite and gave it a thumbs up before heading back around to Gilberti – and shoving the rest of the ‘dog into his face! The crowd popped that moment as Gilberti slid back into the ring to get some more recuperation time. Meanwhile Badd headed back alongside the ring and chucked the trash cans into the six sided battleground before pushing a table in also. He joined his weapons as Gilberti turned his back to Badd and hid a trash can in his hand…Badd went to pull him up and was smacked in the head with the weapon! Badd just fell flat onto the mat as Gilberti made the cover, 1…2…Kick out!

The leader of the NYC told Posey that his count should have been a three before setting up the table in the middle of the ring. Gilberti pulled up Badd and threw him off the ropes…he went for a back body drop onto the table but was countered! Badd nailed some right hands before whipping Gilberti off the ropes, he pulled him up – suplex through the table! Gilberti held his back in pain as Badd took a breather before making another cover, 1…2…Shoulder up! Gilberti wasn’t out of the New York Streetfight yet! Badd went outside the ring and grabbed the other table as his opponent attempted to get back onto his feet. He then moved the previous table’s wreckage and set up the new table in a nearby location – but a little closer to the corner of the ring. Gilberti raked Badd in the eyes as he advanced over before whipping him into the corner of the ring which the table was nearest to. Badd raised his knees to Gilberti’s face as he ran in and the ex-WWE Intercontinental champion then made his way onto the top rope…Gilberti knocked him down though to a seated position and climbed up behind Badd?! Gilberti was standing over the seated Badd and made a signal that he was going to go for something…but Badd nailed a low blow! There was lots of stalling between this sequence as the men caught their breath. But then Gilberti fell onto Badd’s shoulders! There was another pause as Badd looked down at the table! DEATH VALLEY DRIVER OFF THE TOP THROUGH THE TABLE!!! Badd and Gilberti were both folded up after that move! Badd managed to drop an arm over his opponent! 1…2…3! Badd had won the New York Streetfight! However he didn’t look in any condition to celebrate as referee Posey raised his lifeless arm in the air from the wreckage of table, Gilberti and himself…

Winner: Johnny B. Badd

Time: 10:59

Match Rating: **1/4

Eventually Badd managed to pull himself up on the ropes and celebrate his win as Gilberti remained down in the wreckage. Posey called for the medics from the back as Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger were shown walking out onto the stage…Badd spotted them, and pointed towards them as they stopped…and just looked down towards the ring. They were next, Gilberti was down and out…Diamond and Swinger were the next to go in Badd’s eyes!

Mike Tenay: It looks to me Don that Johnny B. Badd has now got Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger, the ex-tag team champions in his sights.

Don West: Just looking at Gilberti being attended to by medical staff here at Universal Studios it seems like he is gone, out of the game! Now Badd has just got to go through Johnny Swinger before he can get to Simon Diamond Mike.

Mike Tenay: As Glenn Gilberti is getting assistance and the ring is getting cleaned up folks we can take to a highlights package for the next upcoming match, it’s Konnan against DDP. Roll the tape.

The video cut over the live footage as it went into highlights from the Glenn Gilberti/Diamond Dallas Page match from Impact a few weeks ago. DDP won the match before Konnan made his return to TNA amidst a brawl between Gilberti and Johnny B. Badd…the crowds cheers were faded out as the music changed to Konnan’s new entrance music, he was the shown giving Page a massive rolling clothesline before the video then cut to him nailing the Diamond Cutter! Konnan was shown standing over DDP’s lifeless body before moving forward to the second attack. This time Konnan had set his sights on the Kru, but the video then turned to show DDP running down the ramp and extracting some revenge from the previous week. The image of Page being dragged away by security froze into a still shot as the video ended…

Backstage the man himself, Diamond Dallas Page was standing alongside Scott Hudson…

Scott Hudson: DDP, up next you are going to step into the ring with Konnan – who has made an impact since returning to TNA.

Diamond Dallas Page: Oh, he’s made an impact alright! He’s made an impact at the expense of me…D…D…P. An’ that really doesn’t put him in my good books at all. After I am through with Konnan tonight – he will wish he stayed with the Kru, stayed as the good guy, rather than heading into this bad guy bullshit!

DDP then edged away from the microphone and performed his signature “Bang!” taunt before the remix of “Smells Like Teen Spirit” could be heard playing around the arena. It was time for the fourth match of Final Resolution, it was time for Diamond Dallas Page to face Konnan. The action went back out to ringside…

Page appeared from the tunnel onto the stage and once again performed his “Bang!” taunt as fireworks exploded from above. The crowd were absolutely going crazy as DDP ran down the ramp and slid into the ring, he climbed the turnbuckles and lapped up the cheers before his music stopped…and Konnan’s started. He got the expected bad response from the crowd as he focused on Page standing in the ring…Konnan removed his glasses and bandana before sliding into the ring and into a stomp from DDP. Match official Fred Richards called for the bell to get the match officially under way.

Konnan vs. Diamond Dallas Page

DDP kept stomping down over and over while holding the top rope until referee Richards shoved him away for a brief moment. This allowed Konnan to get up and kick Page in the ribs. He whipped him off the ropes, but DDP ducked a clothesline attempt as he came back across the ring. Konnan then ducked a similar running attack from Page before tripping him down onto the mat and locking in a brief armbar. Both men then got back onto their feet at a similar time – which resulted in a stare off…the crowd were chanting for DDP as he took a step back and went to nail Konnan, but the K-Dawg was more than prepared so he blocked the shot and came back with a slap right across the face! Page then turned away before planting a massive slap of his own! But he wasn’t finished there! DDP nailed slap after slap to the face and chest of his opponent before whipping him off the ropes into a sidewalk slam. He got down and made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. Page followed that up by moving his attention over to the head with a headlock. DDP locked in the hold for a few minutes before Referee Richards asked Konnan if he wanted to submit, but he repeatedly declined over what was in all a long submission period. But then he fought back with elbows to DDP’s head, every elbow hit the spot and eventually a dazed Page released the hold.

Konnan climbed back onto his feet and ran off the ropes, he dived into a forward roll and popped back up for a massive clothesline! But DDP saw it coming and dived underneath the arm before it could hit him! But to Konnan it looked like he had nailed him! Page was playing possum as K-Dawg made the cover! 1…2…Roll through! 1…2…Kick out! That was half a count away! Page had nearly won the match after that bit of acting, but now Konnan was back on his feet. DDP went to whip him off the ropes again – but was countered into the Diamond Cutter?! No, Page countered out of that before Konnan could nail it…but he then nailed a Diamond Cutter of his own! DDP rolled over and made the cover as referee Richards made the count! 1…2…The Lights went out! The power was cut in Universal Studios as it was plunged into darkness! This wasn’t the first time it had happened in TNA but there was a long pause before the lighting came back up again…referee Richards was now down?! DDP didn’t know what was going on. He leant over and checked on the ref as someone slid into the ring behind him…it couldn’t be! What the hell was he doing here?! IT WAS VAMPIRO!?! He tapped Page on the back! DDP turned around into the DDT! Vampiro pulled the lifeless Konnan over for the cover as referee Richards was now coming back around! 1………2………3!

Konnan had won the match! Vampiro pulled Konnan under the bottom rope to the outside before the two men hugged?! Konnan and Vampiro hugged?! Page just lay there as the two “buddies celebrated! Vampiro held Konnan’s arm high as both men backed up the ramp! This was bizzaro land!

Winner: Konnan

Time: 7:43

Match Rating: *3/4

Konnan and Vampiro continued to joke all the way up the ramp towards the back as Tenay and West came back to life after being temporarily stunned from what had happened…

Mike Tenay: I just can’t believe this Don, Konnan said last week how only one person cared about him all the time he was in rehab, I can’t believe it was Vampiro?! I mean, it had to be right?!

Don West: Mike, I am basically speechless – and that takes a lot!

Mike Tenay: It does!

Don West: These two men have such a stormy past, such a stormy history which you guys at home couldn’t even imagine. This is such a turn up for the books, it is just unbelievable…unbelievable!

DDP was now back up in the ring, he looked pissed, very pissed. He quickly climbed through the ropes and stormed off to the back. He couldn’t believe this either!

Mike Tenay: DDP was well and truly screwed here tonight Don, he had no chance with both Vampiro and Konnan to deal with.

Don West: I still can’t believe it Mike…I just can’t believe what we have just witnessed. It’s an alliance between two men who truly hated each other, infact…

Mike Tenay: They more than hated each other!

Don West: Exactly, I just…words can’t describe how shocked I am right now.

Mike Tenay: I know the feeling, but now Don it’s time for our first main event match of the evening. It will be for the gold, it’s time for Jeff Jarrett to face the Macho Man Randy Savage!

The match graphic came up on screen as West continued…

Don West: Yes Mike, the NWA Heavyweight Championship is on the line! This match is absolutely huge, and will we see a new champion?

Mike Tenay: Can the Macho Man add another title to his career here tonight at Final Resolution? Let’s hand over to the Franchise in the back. Shane Douglas is with the champ himself, Jeff Jarrett.

Backstage Jeff Jarrett was adjusting his NWA Championship on his left shoulder as the camera pulled out to show Shane Douglas alongside with microphone in hand…

Shane Douglas: Jeff Jarrett, up next it’s time for you to face Randy Savage for that NWA Title. What are your thoughts? More specifically what’s your thoughts on Kevin Nash and Scott Hall right now…?

Jarrett laughed before rubbing his title and turning to the Franchise.

Jeff Jarrett: My thoughts are plain and simple Shane Douglas, I am not loosing my title tonight. I am not loosing this belt to some old grandpa who can barely walk. Sure he was the greatest in his day, but times change and those times have not been good to good ol’ Randy Savage. He sags in all those un-natural places now, he still holds onto the times when he was successful, he wishes he can bring those days back. But I’ve got news for you Savage, those days are dead and buried – they’re gone for good. You will not be winning this title tonight…

Double J then paused a moment, he went into deep thought before continuing…

Jeff Jarrett: As for Kevin and Scott, I can’t reach them Shane. I don’t know where they are or what they’re doing…But I can’t dwell on that, I’ve got my title to defend…

Jarrett shoved past Douglas as the Franchise turned back to the camera.

Shane Douglas: There you go Mike, Don, the champion isn’t expecting to loose his championship here tonight. Back to you!

The arena was quiet as the crowd lay in wait…Jeff Jarrett’s music then hit and quite literally destroyed the tranquillity. The Orlando crowd erupted into boos as the NWA Heavyweight Champion walked out onto the stage with two peace signs for everyone…he then slowly edged his way down to the six sided ring and climbed the turnbuckles. He was well and truly hated by everyone in attendance as his music then stopped…Soundstage 21 quietened down again…but it wasn’t long before the music warmed up and the guitars screeching could be heard all around the arena! And here was the Macho Man! He removed his hat and glasses on the stage before slapping hands with a few fans on his way down to the ring. Once in the ring the Macho Man continued to work the fans up into a frenzy with some taunts on the turnbuckles…he was the fan favourite, could he do it?!

NWA Heavyweight Championship

Jeff Jarrett © vs. “The Macho Man” Randy Savage

Referee Rudy Charles called for the bell as Savage turned away from his taunts to face Jarrett…the champion just looked back across the ring as the fans cheered from all six sides of the battleground. This was all about the gold as Savage pointed the belt out at ringside to Double J, he mouthed, “that’s gonna be mine Jarrett!” as the champion just smiled. The two men then circled each other as they prepared to make first contact in the match…lockup. Jarrett took down the Macho Man into a headlock and ran off the ropes. This allowed Savage to break free and nail Jarrett with an elbow to the face as he came back across the ring! Savage taunted to the crowd again before telling Jarrett to get back up…the NWA champion got back onto his feet and walked into two more elbow shots! Double J was stumbling about all over the place as Savage slapped his elbow…the third elbow to the skull! Jarrett hit the mat! 1…2…Kick out! Savage pointed out to the ref that he thought it was a three, but then was sloppily rolled over into a pin by Jarrett! 1…2…Kick out! The Macho Man slowly climbed back onto his feet as Jarrett ran off the ropes and ran in with a clothesline! Another cover! 1…2…Kick out! Both men wanted to end this match quickly as Jarrett pulled up Savage!

He nailed a couple of slaps across the chest before ripping off the black shirt that Savage was wearing. More slaps to the exposed chest! Savage fell down onto his knees before Jarrett ran off the ropes with a running knee! Savage folded up as Jarrett made another cover! 1…2…Kick out again! Savage blocked a right hand while on his knees! And nailed back with some punches of his own! Savage fought back onto his feet and kicked Jarrett in the gut! Running knee to the stomach off the ropes! Jarrett hit the mat and Savage locked in a mat-based headlock! This was the first quiet moment of the contest as Jarrett struggled inside the hold. But he just couldn’t break free after a lengthy attempt. The result saw referee Rudy Charles start to raise the champion’s arm…1……2……Jarrett was back in action – to Savage’s disbelief! Double J started to get back onto his feet as he planted some elbows to Savage…control was heading back towards the champion now! He whipped Savage off into the ropes. Jarrett ducked his clothesline attempt – but Savage caught the referee instead! He hit the mat as Jarrett turned Savage around…he went for the Stroke!…but Savage countered and hauled up the champion! Emphatic Scoop Slam! And now Savage was slowly heading up onto the top rope! ELBOW DROP FROM THE TOP! That had to be all!

Savage made the cover – but referee Charles was still down! The crowd counted along as Savage got a verbal three count…but wait! Someone else was now in the ring! Could this be Jarrett’s backup!? It couldn’t surely?! LEX LUGER!?! LUGER WAS BACK IN TNA!! Jarrett’s backup WASN’T Nash and Hall! It didn’t making a sodding difference that Nash and Hall were packed off to Mexico!! Luger had the title belt in hand!! Savage turned around into the belt shot!! He was completely knocked out by the shot! Savage was down! Luger dragged Jarrett over Savage as the ref was stirring!! This was a damn screwjob!! 1………2………3! Uproar around the arena, Jarrett was still the NWA Heavyweight Champion thanks to Lex Luger! Luger and Jarrett had screwed the Macho Man over!

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Time: 10:25

Match Rating: *3/4

Jarrett was hauled up off the mat by Luger as the crowd continued to boo the result of the match. Luger then passed Jarrett his title before embracing his new associate…

Mike Tenay: Jarrett’s still the champion folks, and I just cannot believe this screwjob we have just witnessed!!

Don West: Oh I can Mike! We all knew Jarrett had some plan up his sleeve – but we all thought that he was going to bring in Nash and Hall! But NO! It was Lex Luger! I still cannot believe it!

Mike Tenay: That’s the second screwjob in two matches for crying out loud!!

Don West: I know! And I don’t know what I find more surprising! Luger with Jarrett or Vampiro with Konnan!!...

Mike Tenay: Hang on here Don! Savage is back up!!

Savage jumped Luger from behind with an axe handle before Jarrett turned around while standing on the turnbuckle. He jumped down and was nailed with right hands as the Macho Man whipped him off the ropes into a big boot! More punches to Luger! Savage clotheslined Luger to the floor – Jarrett then done the same to Savage as this brawl was erupting! This wasn’t over! Savage knocked down referee Charles who tried to hold him back as Jarrett and Luger attempted to make their escape…but the Macho Man kept going! The chase was on! Savage knocked off the ref again and jogged behind Luger and Jarrett through the crowd! The brawl headed out of sight as the cameras went back to Tenay and West…

Mike Tenay: It looks like Savage is not going to leave this thing there Don!

Don West: No Mike, he’s followed Jarrett and Luger out to the backstage area of the arena!

Mike Tenay: (Speaking into his headset) Can we get a camera back there?

There was a pause as Tenay waited for a response…

Don West: No we’ve got to move on ladies and gentlemen…

Mike Tenay: Yeah it’s now time for the X-Division Championship match, we will keep you posted about the Savage, Jarrett and Luger situation but let’s go to the tape!

-: End of Part 1 :-

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Part 2, Only a month or so overdue :lol:

user posted image

Final Resolution 2005 – Sunday 16th January

Live! On Pay-Per-View!

Part 2

The video started to play as the action went back to Final Resolution’s International X Challenge. It showed the battle between Petey Williams, Chris Sabin, OK Revolution and Mr. Aguila for the X-Division title which ended in Sabin picking up the win following his Future Shock finishing move…From there Williams’ suspension from TNA for one month was briefly touched upon alongside his attack on the Amazing Red. From there the video showed a combination of shots from Williams aligning with Jonny Fairplay…to his win over Red to get the X-Division Title shot against Sabin at Final Resolution. Williams was then shown making a belt sign around his waist to end the video…

Coming back into the arena the live shot revealed a fan with a “Hail Sabin” sign…but then the remixed Canadian National Anthem was struck up as the attention turned to the ramp. Jonny Fairplay emerged from the tunnel first with a massive smile on his face…Before he then spun around and pointed to the man following him out from the smoke, the challenger, Petey Williams. Williams was patted on the back by Fairplay before he headed down towards the Six-Sided Ring and towards his chance at winning back the X-Division title…once in the ring he removed his jacket and handed it to his new manager – who headed through the ropes to the outside. Williams warmed up momentarily as his music then stopped…and after a pause “HAIL SABIN” could be heard travelling through the air as the champion’s music hit! Chris Sabin strolled confidently up the tunnel before jumping around to the crowd’s cheers on the stage. Sabin then quickly made his way down to the ringside area and removed his championship belt from his waist. Referee Andrew Thomas called him into the ring, and called for the bell before raising the title above his head. It was X-Division title time…

TNA X-Division Championship

Chris Sabin © vs. Petey Williams

Williams wasn’t hanging around either, he quickly jumped Sabin from behind and knocked him into the corner of the ring. He then followed up with some stiff right hands and a kick to the ribs of the champion. Sabin was whipped across into the opposite corner of the ring – where he pushed himself up and over the running Williams, before following up with a dropkick to the spine! Williams was now in the corner and Sabin whipped him back across the ring – slamming the Canadian star into the turnbuckles so hard that he crashed down into the mat! Williams continued to hold his back as Sabin pulled him up and took him down with a snapmere into a rear naked choke hold. He applied the submission for a few moments before pulling up Williams again and repeating the same procedure so that he faced the opposite side of the crowd. While referee Thomas however was down and talking to Williams, Fairplay made himself a factor in the match and grabbed Sabin’s leg to pull the champion out of the choke hold. This made Sabin immediately release the submission and turn to his opponent’s manager…Fairplay held his hands up before Sabin slid to the outside in pursuit of the man himself! Fairplay slid into the ring and dived through Williams’ legs as Sabin followed him back in, Williams went to dropkick Sabin but was sidestepped…and Sabin pointed a finger towards Fairplay before turning back around and catching Williams with a shining wizard kick to the head!! The champion hooked the leg, 1…2…Kick out!

Sabin got back up and pulled up Williams into a headlock, he ran his opponent off the ropes before releasing him into a whip. Williams however flung himself back off the ropes with a flying lariat that caught Sabin out, and knocked the champion down into the mat. Now the challenger made a cover, 1…2…Kick out. A close fall for champion and challenger right there. Both men made their way back onto their feet quickly before turning to face each other. Williams dived in with a lockup and whipped Sabin off the ropes, but Sabin slid through Williams’ legs as he came back across the ring…and jumped up with a spinning heel kick that caught his opponent right in the back of the neck!! Sabin made another cover, 1…2…Kick out. The champion didn’t dwell on that kick out from his opponent as he quickly made his way over to the corner of the ring. He climbed onto the top rope…and slowly turned to face the crowd, he taunted that it was time for a moonsault! But Williams was already back up! He ran off the opposite ropes and jumped up onto the top rope alongside Sabin! Williams then using the momentum spun around and clotheslined Sabin backwards off the top rope back down onto the mat!! He really put some power into that as the champion flipped over and collapsed down onto his legs on landing!! It was a brutal manoeuvre which left both men feeling the effects…but Williams still had enough energy to drop an arm over his opponent. 1…2…Shoulder up! There was nothing much in that decision at all! A few tenths of a seconds saved Sabin his championship!

Sabin was looking very groggy after that move as the camera focused down on his face…but there wasn’t going to be any letup from Williams – who immediately pulled him up and planted a backdrop. A second cover in as many moves also delivered another two count for the challenger, as he then pulled up Sabin again and was countered into a whip off the ropes. Sabin twisted Williams around in the air as he came back into position…and then dropped him down back-first onto his knee!! That was one horrific backbreaker!! 1…2…Williams kicked out! Sabin immediately jumped back up and looked at his opponent

(who was still down on the mat)…before making Williams’ own taunt! He was signalling he was ready to pull Williams in! With every stomp the Canadian X-Division star was getting closer to his vertical base…then he turned around into a kick to the stomach. Sabin pulled up Williams ready for a powerbomb! But Williams rolled over his shoulders and completely rolled through the move attempt, but then Sabin continued to roll through to avoid the pinning predicament. Both men rolled through three times across the ring before Sabin stood up and used the momentum to throw Williams over the top rope to the floor!

Fairplay quickly rushed over to help his fallen client as Sabin ran off the opposite ropes…and flipped himself over the top rope down onto the two men!! Both Williams and Fairplay were scattered in different directions on impact as referee Andrew Thomas rushed to the outside to check on all three men! He confirmed all were ok to continue with a thumbs up before Sabin slowly managed to pull himself up on the barricade. He was attempting to summon some energy as Williams was also shown pulling himself up on the ring apron…He eventually turned around and was pulled up by Sabin…before being powerbombed to hell!!! Williams was powerbombed into the steel barricade!!! The X-Division champion just collapsed as soon as he had thrown the challenger back-first into the unforgiving steel!! Both men were now down again and the replays just showed how much the two previous moves had taken out of both competitors! When the action went back to being live again it showed Williams had managed to roll himself back into the ring, with Sabin just about to join him. Right hands were immediately exchanged between the champion and challenger as they saw each other still going, but it was Williams this time who took the control with a Suplex down into a Sharpshooter!!

Williams locked in the submission as Sabin reached out to grab hold of anything! There was nothing nearby to help him however, he was miles away from the ropes – and the challenger knew it! Sabin though wasn’t going to give up! He slowly started to crawl, hand over hand towards the bottom rope! He reached out after every little movement…and eventually managed to grab it!! Williams had to release the hold, but after doing so turned around and gave Sabin a dropkick – that knocked him off the ropes. The champion stumbled back towards the middle of the ring as Williams made an indication to Fairplay, he was going to end this thing now!! Yes! Williams kicked Sabin in the ribs and called for the Canadian Destroyer!! He sprung up…but only made it a quarter of the way through the move! Sabin used his strength to stop Williams rolling through with the move…and then jumped down into a Piledriver!!! Sabin used his instinct and just dropped an arm over Williams!! 1…2…Kick out!! This match was still not over!! But now Sabin was immediately back up and looking rejuvenated! He grabbed the motionless Williams and whipped him into the corner of the ring. Williams somehow saw the danger and jumped up to a standing position on the top turnbuckle…but then didn’t see Sabin jump up behind him!! Holy Shit!! Release Overhead Suplex to Williams to the mat!!! The challenger to the X-Division title had landed flat on his face, but was still going!! He stumbled about back onto his feet and continued to stumble back and forth as Sabin jumped off with a top rope dropkick!! He hooked the leg!! Referee Thomas dived down to make the count!! 1…2…Shoulder up!!

How much more could either of these guys give?! They both were destroyed physically and just running from their desire, their desire was keeping them alive in this thing!! Sabin climbed back onto his feet and whipped Williams off the ropes again, he went to nail a dropkick – but Williams caught him on his shoulders, and Sabin then countered that counter with a hurricarana into a pin!! 1…2…Kick out!! Williams jumped back up and shoved a well-placed elbow to Sabin’s face!! Another whip off the ropes, but this time Sabin held on to the top rope to stop any attack – or so he thought. Williams ran in with a boot to the ribs and picked up Sabin for a scoop slam…but he dropped him down onto the turnbuckle with legs hooked over the top rope. The crowd knew what was coming! Williams climbed up…and shoved his foot right where it didn’t belong!! He then immediately jumped down and ran off the opposite ropes…into a baseball slide straight through the champions head!!!! The crowd all felt that! Sabin’s head just absorbed all the impact like a spring and bounced around before his whole body collapsed back down onto the mat!! And now it was time for a second sharpshooter from Williams! But this one was right in the corner and it allowed Sabin to grab the bottom rope. Williams refused to release the hold though! And now Sabin was climbing using his hands up the turnbuckles!! On reaching the top rope he swung Williams from underneath him as the hold was released, that sent Williams sliding open legged into the ring post!! And now Sabin was after some revenge! He ran back across the ring and gave the challenger to the X-Division gold a baseball slide to the head of his own!!!

The champion dragged the lifeless challenger from under the bottom turnbuckle back into the middle of the ring, he dropped down and made the cover again. This had to be all this time, Williams looked dead…1…2…KICK OUT AGAIN!! Sabin held his head in disbelief as Fairplay started to bang on the apron again, he was willing his client back into this match. And Williams done just that! He reached up and rolled over Sabin into a small package from nowhere!! 1…2…Sabin just kicked out!! Both men immediately jumped back onto their feet, and Williams raked Sabin right in the eyes!! But he then had his clothesline attempt ducked into the Future Shock!! The crowd were cheering the roof off the arena as Sabin dropped his arm surely to retain his title! 1…2……! NO!!! WILLIAMS JUST GOT HIS SHOULDER UP!!! The crowd were booing, it seemed a very long two count – they were sure it should have been a three!! Sabin vigorously argued his case with referee Thomas as Williams (behind Sabin’s back) climbed back onto his feet…he turned Sabin around and kicked him in the ribs again!! CANADIAN DESTROYER!!! CANADIAN DESTROYER!! Sabin was out!! Williams hooked the leg!!! 1…2…3!! NEW X-DIVISION CHAMPION!!!! Petey Williams had done it!!! He was the X-Division champion once again!!! Jonny Fairplay joined him to celebrate in the ring as the Canadian Destroyer had won him the X-Division gold again!!! Fairplay grabbed the title belt from referee Thomas and kissed it before shoving it in the hands of its new owner! The manager raised his clients arm as the celebrations continued for Williams. He had won back the gold!

Winner: Petey Williams

Time: 28:51

Match Rating: ****1/2

Mike Tenay: Don, Petey Williams is back on top of the mountain again in the X-Division!

Don West: What a great match though Mike, both men gave it everything they had and neither really deserved to loose!

Mike Tenay: That was thirty minutes of top class X-Division action folks here at Final Resolution, but later on Don of course there is going to be more when Christopher Daniels meets Elix Skipper.

Don West: And what a match that is going to be, but now it is time for Raven’s mind to become exposed to the world once again here in TNA. It is now time for the Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match!

The celebrations continued up the ramp with Fairplay and Williams before the next match graphic came onto screen. It pictured Raven, Slash, Sinn and Father James Mitchell against Jeff Hardy, Ron Killings and BG James with chains and weapons filling the background…

Mike Tenay: Past Clockwork Orange matches have been very violent affairs…and tonight shouldn’t be any exception…but this all began folks with Raven aligning himself with long-time nemesis Father James Mitchell!

The match graphic faded out as white block text came onto the screen saying…“Last Month”. That was followed up by Raven running down to the ring as Jeff Hardy took a beat-down from the New Church of Slash and Sinn. But just as Hardy looked in safe hands…Raven took him out. The video then continued to show that move over and over before Raven’s voice could be heard over the top…“ Hardy! I promise you! I promise you this! I will spill your crimson blood all over this white mat…you stand between me and my destiny, and you must be destroyed…until you do not have a final drop of that blood in your body…Quote the Raven…Nevermore” – a final image of the New Flock’s alignment was shown before fading out into Raven explaining that he now had a road to his destiny. Mitchell was then shown producing a list from his pocket that Raven said had names of all the people in his way on, including Jeff Hardy. The video then showed Hardy storming the ring before the announcement of the Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match. The package ended on loads of images highlighting brawls between the New Flock, Hardy and the 3 Live Kru…highlighting how the Clockwork Orange House of Fun was going to be a bloody brawl…

But instead of going back out to the ring the cameras were then showing Randy Savage, Jeff Jarrett and Lex Luger all brawling! The backstage fight was still going on! Dusty Rhodes came into shot just screaming at the top of his voice…

Dusty Rhodes: Where the hell is security?!! SECURITY!?!

There was no-answer as many TNA wrestlers in the background could be seen just watching the brawl continue! Savage wasn’t letting this thing lie!!

Mike Tenay: I can’t believe the brawl is still going Don!!

Don West: I can! We all saw how pissed off the Macho Man was following his title match, but where the hell is security to break the thing up?!

Mike Tenay: I donno Don, they were backstage before the show started. But anyways we’d better focus on the task in hand…let’s hand over to JB.

The Kru’s music hit as Jeremy Borash introduced the upcoming match. The ring was then shown…setup with four posts standing vertically and chains covered in weapons linking all four across the top. The cameras then swooped around the ring a few times showing all sorts of goodies hanging before turning to reveal BG James and Ron Killings jiving their way down the ramp. When they reached the bottom the Charismatic Enigma’s music hit…and Hardy jumped out from the entranceway onto the staging. He taunted to the crowd before joining his partners on the outside of the ring, they all surveyed the structure ahead of them as the lighting dimmed down…and Raven’s theme hit. A spotlight guided the New Flock down from their nest in the corner of the arena. Raven, Slash, Sinn and Father James Mitchell all walked down the stairs and started to head through the crowd…but Hardy and the Kru weren’t waiting around as they attacked the Flock right there! The bell rang as the match got underway with lots and lots of brawling!

Raven’s Clockwork Orange House of Fun – 6 Man Tag Team Elimination Match

Raven, Slash and Sinn vs. Jeff Hardy, Ron “The Truth” Killings and BG James

The team lead by Hardy were not going to sit back in this extreme contest from the mind of Raven…Sinn  battled with BG James and Slash was taking an advantage over Killings as Hardy led Raven back towards the ring. The Charismatic Enigma threw Raven head-first into the steel barricade before clotheslining him over the top to the mats outside the ring. Meanwhile Slash had grabbed a steel chair, and turned to smash James right in the face! But then Killings punched him from behind before having the same treatment from Sinn! Those four men were brawling away as the action then went back to inside the ring…where Hardy was looking across at Raven. They locked eyes as the crowd cheered…Raven made the first move and jumped in with a right hand that was blocked. Hardy then nailed some fists of his own before taking down Raven with a spinning clothesline! Hardy then reached up to a steel pipe hanging from the chains engulfing the ring, he removed it…only for Raven to duck the attempted shot and take down his opponent with a sloppy toe hold. The attention was then directed back to the other battle taking place as all four men were battling up the stairs towards the Flock’s nest! Slash raked James in the eyes as the Truth was taken down by a uppercut from Sinn.

Then the New Church took over! Father James Mitchell shouted up to his destructive team as both Sinn and Slash pulled up James…and gave him a double chokeslam off the side of the stairs! B-Jizzle fell a good ten feet before crashing through four tables!! The cameras then went back to the ring for a moment as Raven grabbed the steel cage door hanging from the chains and shoved Hardy head-first into it! One of the two referees in the match then could be heard counting as Slash was shown making a cover on James!! 1…2…3!! The first elimination had gone down, it was BG James who was eliminated by Slash!

Elimination 1: BG James @ 6:00

This now left Killings battling away against both Slash and Sinn as Raven in the ring grabbed a steel chair, and cracked Hardy right in the face! Raven then made a cover! 1…2…Hardy kicked out. Raven grabbed the steel pipe Hardy had attempted to use earlier…and locked in a choke using the weapon!! The action then went back to show the Truth battling away against both members of Mitchell’s Church. He ducked a superkick from Slash…that caught Sinn right in the face!!

Killings dropped down and made a quick cover on Sinn! 1…2…3!! Sinn was now eliminated thanks to Slash!! He had caught his own partner with a superkick, and now the match was back even at 2-2!

Elimination 2: Sinn @ 8:36

Slash however then clobbered Killings back down onto the concrete floor with an axe handle…back in the ring Raven released the choke hold on Hardy and threw the steel pipe into the corner of the ring. But he immediately had another weapon in his sights…Raven reached up and pulled down two trash can lids. Hardy had just pulled himself up onto his knees…and was immediately met with a double trash can shot to the skull! He continued to stay kneeled after the impact, which allowed Raven to grab another weapon! This time it was a Singapore Cane! Crack!! CRACK!! Two shots to Hardy’s skull finally sent the Charismatic Enigma back down onto the mat! But now Raven lay in wait in the corner…he urged Hardy to get up as a quick shot showed Killings now throwing Slash through the fire exit of Soundstage 21! Back in the ring Hardy got back onto his feet…and was met with a running bulldog from behind!! Raven hooked the leg! 1…2…Hardy kicked out again!

Raven argued the decision with in-ring referee Fred Richards as meanwhile the Truth had Slash in trouble! He pulled up his opponent and slammed him down onto the concrete with a massive front facebuster!! Everyone felt that one as Killings hooked the leg! 1…2…3! Slash was now eliminated!!

Elimination 3: Slash @ 12:45

The Truth took a timeout for a moment as he regained his breath down towards the back of the crowd. He had eliminated two men and totally turned this match around in the favour of his team! Back in the ring Hardy was now fighting back against Raven! He whipped Raven off the ropes and nailed a scoop slam, and then a second before grabbing a steel chair down from the chains. Raven turned around into a massive chair shot! Hardy then made the cover as the Truth slid back into the ring! 1…2…Kick out! Raven was still in the match! This match was still going…

Raven pulled himself up in one corner of the ring before looking across at what faced him now. 2 on 1, him against Hardy and Killings. This was not going to be an easy challenge for Raven. However! As Hardy jumped forwards to attack his feet were grabbed from under the bottom rope! Naturally Dark were at ringside! Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens were making their impact on this match! As Hardy battled away with the tag duo Killings was distracted! Raven turned him around into the Evenflow! The cover! 1…2…3! Killings was now eliminated from the Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match!

Elimination 4: Ron “The Truth” Killings @ 16:34

On the outside Hardy was still fighting off Douglas and Stevens with right hands, one after the other. Raven then headed to the outside to join in on the handicap assault on the only remaining man left for the opposition. But the Charismatic Enigma wasn’t giving up! He knocked Douglas down and threw Stevens over the barricade before kicking Raven! He was fighting all three men off! Douglas was then back-body dropped on the outside as he ran at Hardy! Naturally Dark were now out of the equation and it was just Raven and Hardy!

Hardy slid his opponent back into the ring and made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. He then pulled up Raven, and went to hit the Twist of Fate! But Raven countered out and got Hardy ready for the Evenflow! But Hardy countered out of that into a spinebuster onto the steel chair! Raven held his back in agony as Hardy removed the chair and placed it now on top of his opponent! He headed onto the top rope! Hardy was calling for it! Senton Bomb onto the steel chair!! Onto Raven!! Hardy hooked the leg!! 1…2…3!! Hardy had won the Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match! The Charismatic Enigma had defeated Raven in his own backyard! His music immediately burst into action as Sinn and Slash pulled Raven to the outside of the ring. The New Flock aided their fallen leader towards their nest as Killings joined Hardy in his celebrations.

Winner: Jeff Hardy

Time: 19:08

Match Rating: *1/4

Mike Tenay: Jeff Hardy caused an upset right there Don, he went out and defeated Raven at his own game!!

Don West: He certainly did Mike, but Raven is not going to be happy about this…

Mike Tenay: Let’s send you back ladies and gentlemen to Shane Douglas – who is with the Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels.

Both the Franchise and Daniels immediately came into view as Douglas started to speak…

Shane Douglas: Christopher Daniels, up next you are going to step into the ring with your ex-tag team partner Elix Skipper and as you have mentioned many times, you say you are going to use him as a stepping stone to greater things here in TNA… 

Christopher Daniels: Yes I have, I have said how I am going to use Primetime Elix Skipper as my first step up the TNA single’s division and it’s a true statement…

Daniels took a breath for a moment.

Christopher Daniels: I can imagine how Elix right now is probably standing the other side of the arena waiting to make his entrance. He is probably thinking how he can here tonight clip the wings of the Fallen Angel, he probably thinks tonight he can stop me from starting my flight to the top…but he’d be a foolish man Shane Douglas.

Shane Douglas: …Bu

Christopher Daniels: He’d be a foolish man.

Daniels turned and walked off camera with those final words still hanging in the air…

Shane Douglas: Well Mike, Don the anticipation is finally over. Back to you!

Back out at ringside Elix Skipper’s music hit around the arena. Primetime himself after a reasonable pause strolled out from the tunnel entrance and stopped to look at the crowd. He didn’t give much reaction in response to the cheers however and just quietly made his way down to the ring. He was just focused on the task in hand…and as he climbed inside the six sided battleground the Fallen Angel’s music hit. Daniels walked out with his arms extended, every footstep matched a beat of his music as he quickly made his way down the ramp. When at the bottom he flung his hood back and absorbed all the crowds boos before then grabbing his glasses and removing them. Skipper just looked on from the ring as Daniels climbed up onto the apron. He then removed his robe and passed it to Jeremy Borash before climbing through the ropes and into the ring. It was time for the second X-Division style match of the evening, between two ex-partners. Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper…

Christopher Daniels vs. Elix Skipper

The two men once combined as Triple X immediately flew into action as referee Mike Posey called for the bell. Both Daniels and Skipper nailed each other with right hands before the Fallen Angel took the advantage with some slaps to the chest. He then whipped Primetime off the ropes and dived down onto the mat as he came back across the ring, that was followed by a jump over the second time as Skipper ducked through Daniels’ legs. Skipper though as he came back off the ropes a third time flew in with a spinning heel kick to the face! Daniels bounced back onto his feet and into a monkey toss – before jumping back up and doing the same to Skipper. Both men exchanged monkey toss after monkey toss before Daniels countered the sixth attempt down into an armbar submission. Primetime though was quick off the mark and quickly got over to the ropes to break the hold. Daniels replied decisively with some well placed stomps as referee Posey told him to get back for a moment. That hesitation allowed Primetime to pull himself up on the ropes and kick Daniels in the stomach. He ran off the ropes and backward-rolled over the bent Fallen Angel before immediately using the momentum into a front facebuster! That looked impressive as Skipper turned Daniels over and hooked the leg, 1…2…Kick out!

Primetime got up and rallied the crowd as the Fallen Angel crawled over to the corner of the ring. He turned around and lay back against the bottom turnbuckle…Bronco Buster from Primetime! He then signalled he was going for a second one, but he ran in and Daniels shoved his legs up! Possibly the most brutal low-blow ever had Primetime rolling over in absolute agony! Daniels made a cover, 1…2…Kick out. He argued with the referee as Skipper continued to hold the injured area. Daniels then turned his attention back to his opponent and pulled him up into a scoop slam…followed up by a run, a spring off two turnbuckles…and a moonsault from the top rope! It connected and Daniels hooked the leg! 1…2…Kick out from Skipper! He was not ready to give this match up yet at all! The crowd were getting behind Primetime as he punched Daniels in the head on the mat, he worked his way back onto his feet and ran off the ropes…Daniels jumped forward with a clothesline – but was caught with a horrific looking neckbreaker! His body just completely doubled over with the speed and execution as Skipper saw the opportunity for the pin! 1…2…Kick out! This match was going all over the place! Primetime pulled up Daniels, and planted a first suplex…followed by a spin and up into a second!

Now he was calling for it! He stood up Daniels again and arranged his head under his leg…he went to spin his ex-partner around for the Play of the Day…but Daniels countered! He spun out of it and slammed a headbutt into Primetime’s skull! Skipper jumped back dazed as Daniels caught a breath…but as Primetime got his sense back he walked forward into a jumping Hurricarana from the Fallen Angel! He held Skipper’s shoulders down underneath him as referee Posey dived down to make the count! 1…2…Kick out! Another close call in a match full of them! Skipper slid away from Daniels and back onto his feet as the Fallen Angel attempted to grab him, he did eventually and was whipped off the ropes. Skipper came back across and was pulled up for a suplex – but was slammed down into an Impeller DDT!! Primetime couldn’t have prepared himself for that as he was covered again, 1…2…Shoulder up! Primetime kicked out again! And he managed to flip Daniels over onto the mat with a leg scissors as the Fallen Angel had bent down to pull him up! He used that gap in the match to get up and run off the opposite ropes, Daniels stood up and was taken down with a running clothesline – that took him to the outside of the ring!

Daniels immediately pulled himself back onto his feet as the pace of the match increased…and Skipper pulled himself up onto the middle of the top rope! He flipped off with a 450! HOLY SHIT!!! The crowd were going nuts as he weakly connected with the move and crashed onto the mat alongside Daniels!! Referee Posey was also in shock as he took his time to register the move and head outside to help the fallen flyer! After he had checked on both men and the replays had finished from all the different angles it was the Fallen Angel who was crawling on the outside mat towards the barricade. He pulled himself up and climbed over the steel into the audience before telling them to move back for a moment. Primetime pulled himself up on the apron as Daniels sprung up onto the barricade…and jumped off into a hurricarana on Skipper!!! Daniels popped up quickly holding his back before sliding the even more hurt Skipper back into the six sided ring. He made the cover on Primetime! 1…2…Shoulder up!!! Primetime was still going in this match, he was still alive somehow!!! And Daniels this time could not believe it at all!

The Fallen Angel went to pull up Skipper again…and was rolled up! Skipper had the cover now! 1…2…Kick out! That was close! Daniels went nuts and jumped straight back up into a dropkick, then a second! He however sidestepped the third and took down Primetime with a sidewalk slam! Daniels then headed up onto the top rope as Skipper held his already hurt back…he called for another hurricarana from the top as Primetime got back up…and turned around! Daniels jumped off onto Skipper’s shoulders…but couldn’t use the momentum to do the hurricarana – he was stuck in a hard place! Powerbomb into the top turnbuckle! But Skipper then continued to hold on…and dumped Daniels over his head in a front flapjack onto the mat! He then continued the move again and locked in a Texas Cloverleaf! The move had gone from powerbomb into the top turnbuckle, to a flapjack and now to a Texas Cloverleaf in quick succession – and Daniels was struggling to get himself out of this one! He was stretching for the ropes as Posey continued to ask him if he wanted to submit! The crowd were cheering more and more as the Fallen Angel looked closer and closer to tapping out! But he kept crawling across the ring, hand over hand he was edging closer towards the ropes! The struggle and pain was just showing on Daniels’ face! He reached out for the ropes…but fell short! He now had his hand raised! He was close to tapping…but jumped his hand forward again…and grabbed the bottom rope! He was out of the hold! Just in the nick of time as well!

Skipper released the submission, but then just pulled the Fallen Angel back into the middle of the ring and locked it in again! However Daniels wasn’t having anymore of that and kicked Primetime in the face with his left leg (which he had wriggled free). A few shots to the skull and Skipper was looking dazed again…he held his forehead and bent down as Daniels got back up and quickly grabbed him under the arms into the Angel’s Wings!! He had nailed his finishing move!! He slowly stretched over and dropped the arm over his opponent, this match had to be won!! 1…2…Skipper got his foot onto the bottom rope! The match was still going!! He had used all his energy to manoeuvre his left leg onto the bottom rope!! The Fallen Angel was not happy, he was tired, hurt and pissed off. He grabbed the referee and got in his face before turning his attention over to the corner of the ring…he was heading for the top turnbuckle pad. He removed it much to the referee’s annoyance, but didn’t notice that Primetime was back up! Skipper dropkicked him from behind so his head crashed into the steel buckle! Skipper grabbed Daniels as he stumbled back…and nailed a German Suplex with a Bridge!! Daniels looked out cold!! 1…2…3!! Skipper had won the match!!

And what a match at that!! This had to be a Match of the Year candidate!! The winner had his arm raised in victory as he kneeled on the mat…he continued to hold his back with his other arm as Daniels continued to be completely knocked out…

Winner: Elix Skipper

Time: 22:18

Match Rating: ***3/4

Don West: Mike! We thought the X-Division title match earlier was something, but these guys have raised the bar again here in TNA!

Mike Tenay: They did Mike, the X-Division once again has proven itself to be TNA through and through here tonight. No-where else can this action be seen on Pay-Per-View, no-where else would Elix Skipper and Christopher Daniels been able to put on one of the top matches I have seen here in TNA!

Don West: It sure as hell was something special Mike…

Skipper headed to the back with his music blazing and one arm still supporting his back. He had been through a high-impact, high-assault encounter with the Fallen Angel…

He turned back to face the ring and raised his free arm in the air as Daniels was being helped up by referee Posey. Skipper had won this most physical and emotional of encounters between two ex-partners…

The cameras then went down to show Tenay and West sitting at the announcers table…

Mike Tenay: Well Don, eight matches down here at Final Resolution…and now just one to go…

Don West: Yes Mike, folks this is without a doubt the biggest match on the card here tonight, it is the main event as the Alpha Male Monty Brown will have to defend his whole dream next…against the monster Abyss.

The match graphic came onto screen as Tenay continued.

Mike Tenay: It will be First Blood Rules, and honestly the odds are well and truly staked against the Alpha Male folks. He is going to have to muster every bit of energy, every bit of force in his body in order to win this match…and if he doesn’t he will NEVER get another chance to become the champion here in TNA…

Don West: I have Goosebumps Mike, it’s the match of the show…and here folks, is how we got here at Final Resolution!

The video started to play and showed the Alpha Male hitting many moves on different opponents, before then flashing to Abyss doing the same. Following a Black Hole Slam the video became a still image and “First Blood Rules – Abyss vs. Monty Brown” came up onto the screen in red writing. The shot then warped out of focus before showing individually Jeff Jarrett and Randy Savage making their announcements surrounding the match. Jarrett announcing that if Brown lost he would never get another title shot, while Savage was shown announcing that if Brown won he would become the number one contender. The action then quickly changed over to the previous weeks Impact – and the assault Monty Brown took from Jeff Jarrett and Abyss in the 2 on 1 Handicap match. Brown’s busted open head opened up the announcement from Dusty Rhodes that the match at Final Resolution would be a First Blood match. The celebrations from Jarrett and Abyss were shown as the bloodied Alpha Male looked on from the ring…Mike Tenay’s words ended the video as the previous two shots were flashed between…“Monty Brown is in for the biggest challenge of his career! And if he doesn’t do it, call his career OVER!!”. One Final Shot of Abyss’ seemingly smiling face ended the tape…

Backstage Monty Brown was shown walking along the corridors of the arena, he was heading to the ring ready to put everything on the line…in order to achieve what he truly wants in TNA…a shot at the gold.

The action then went back out ringside again as Abyss’ music started to play. And it wasn’t long before the masked monster himself lumbered out onto the stage. He as usual carried his chains which were linked over his shoulders. Abyss then shoved his fists down and shook slightly as a red wall of pyro came up behind him…once in the ring he turned his attention to the other side of the arena – where Monty Brown’s music hit. The camera from inside the tunnel showed confidence strides up towards the stage from the Alpha Male as an orange wall of pyro signalled his arrival into the main event. He easily got the biggest reaction of the night as he jumped around and taunted to every single side of the crowd in attendance. Brown then quickly jogged down the ramp and slid into the ring, where he ran and jumped onto a turnbuckle to give the crowd some more taunts. Abyss just stood back behind the referee and watched as Brown jumped back off the turnbuckle and looked across the ring…referee Rudy Charles just called for the bell as the music stopped and the crowd continued to cheer and chant for the Alpha Male. 

First Blood Match

Abyss vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown

:- If Monty Brown wins, he will become the No 1 Contender

:- If Abyss wins, Monty Brown will never get a title shot in TNA

The main event was on. Monty Brown looked across at the challenge facing him in the monster Abyss and acknowledged the crowd’s cheers before pointing at him…Abyss just tilted his head and looked across at Brown before jumping forward with a right hand! But the Alpha Male ducked it and fought back with punches of his own! Abyss was getting knocked over towards the ropes as Brown was making every shot harder and harder…clothesline to Abyss – that sent him to the outside! The crowd cheered as the masked monster landed on his feet and just looked back into the ring. He wasn’t hanging around though and slid back inside and ducked a clothesline attempt from Brown, Abyss ran back across the ring and caught his opponent around the neck! Abyss was going for a chokeslam, but the Alpha Male countered and poked Abyss in the eyes…Brown ran off the ropes and nailed the Pounce! It totally laid Abyss out as he made the cover! The crowd counted one…two…three as referee Rudy Charles reminded Brown that there were no pinfalls in this contest. If there was he would have won the match already! Abyss continued to lie immobilised as the Alpha Male took aboard what the ref had said and climbed to the outside of the ring. He pulled up the ring apron and slid a ladder out! The crowd were now going even wilder as Brown stood it up and slapped it with his hand. Meanwhile Abyss was just climbing back onto his feet…but he was too dazed to notice that Brown had the ladder! He turned around…and was charged down by Brown! The ladder catching the monster right in the skull!

Abyss hit the floor as referee Charles checked Abyss’ masked forehead for any signs of blood…he got a look but was quickly shoved away before the Alpha Male was levelled with a low blow as he went to hit Abyss again. Brown stumbled back and dropped the ladder as Abyss stood up, he ran across and nailed the Black Hole Slam! Now Abyss made the cover! The crowd also verbally counted a three for the masked monster as Rudy Charles told Abyss that he couldn’t win the match that way!…Abyss just turned his head sideways and looked at the referee – he didn’t look like he had a clue. But then his attention changed, his attention turned over to the corner of the ring. Where his chain was hanging on the ring post…He didn’t hang around. Abyss got up and grabbed the chain as Brown started to stir again. He ran at the Alpha Male! But ran straight into a spinebuster that saw Abyss crack the back of his head off the stationary ladder! Everyone in the crowd felt that as Abyss quickly while still in shock and pain jumped back onto his feet. Brown nailed a right hand and whipped his opponent off the ropes, he went for a kick – but was clotheslined around the neck with the chain as Abyss then sprang into life!! Brown held his neck in agony as the monster wrapped his fist with the twisted steel…and dropped it right down onto his forehead! Brown’s body jerked up around the waist and legs from the impact as Abyss threw the chain down and headed back out ringside.

He like Brown started to rummage under the ring. And after a short pause he pulled out a baseball bat wrapped in barbwire!! The crowd’s eyes just lit up!! Abyss now had a weapon capable of winning this match! But he had turned his back to the ring…and the Alpha Male slid under the bottom rope and through Abyss with a baseball slide! That knocked the weapon out from the monsters hand and allowed Brown to pull him up and throw him head-first into the ring post! Abyss didn’t fall through and stumbled around while holding his head. Brown charged and shoved Abyss back-first into the steel barricade as he looked to work this advantage to its fullest. He then turned his attention back to the ring…and started to eye up the ring apron. Abyss lumbered forward and Brown picked him up…SPINEBUSTER INTO, NO! THROUGH THE SIDE OF THE RING!!!! The crowd were stunned!! Brown had just picked up Abyss and charged him into the side of the ring, the side of the ring had collapsed due to the pressure and left Abyss lying in a massive crater!! The mat was all messed up, the ring now looked one hell of a mess! But this didn’t stop the Alpha Male as he immediately grabbed a steel chair…and cracked the near dead Abyss in the skull! Once, Twice, Three Times! Referee Charles had to push him away before taking a good look at the destroyed monster just nestling in the side of the ring!! An amazing development to this match!!!

The Alpha Male headed into the ring with the steel chair in hand and looked on as medical officials ran down to check on Abyss. But…hang on?! Other men were appearing on top of the ramp…it was the Macho Man STILL brawling with Jarrett and Luger! They were still going and had now made their way back ringside! Brown just looked on from the ring as Savage took down Double J with a clothesline and then THREW LUGER OFF THE STAGE!! He disappeared behind the crowd as Jarrett fought back with a low blow! The two men then continued to brawl down the ramp as Abyss started to shove away all the medical officials! Brown was distracted by the brawl ringside as Abyss shoved five medical officers off him and slid back into the ring! Referee Charles attempted to hold him back as the monster lumbered forward with one hand holding his back…but the referee got himself into more trouble as Brown turned around and swung his chair…beyond Abyss and into the official! Rudy Charles just fell as the Alpha Male then floored Abyss for good measure! He then turned back around and looked at Savage and Jarrett – with Savage now beating the NWA Champion down on the outside of the ring. Brown had seen enough! He slid out of the ring and joined in the brawl! The camera meanwhile in the ring turned its attention back to Abyss – who had blood flowing from a cut just above his mask!! Abyss was busted open! But the referee was down and couldn’t acknowledge it!!

Abyss rolled over onto his front now holding his head and back as Brown kicked Savage down and slid Jarrett into the ring. Double J scrambled across the ring on his knees before turning and praying to the Alpha Male…who just made the belt sign around his waist before running in and locking up with the current champion! The crowd were going wild as Brown and Jarrett held on to each other, both man was looking for the advantage but were still locked up! The Macho Man was now back in the ring! He grabbed the steel chair lying on the mat and looked over to the Brown/Jarrett brawl! The Alpha Male now had Jarrett in a waist lock from behind and was trying to nail a suplex…but both men then while fighting turned to face Savage – who went to nail Jarrett! But Jarrett broke free!!!! BROWN WAS CAUGHT RIGHT IN THE SKULL BY SAVAGE! He hit the mat like a tone of bricks as referee Charles was stirring in the corner…BROWN WAS BUSTED OPEN!! He was busted open and on his back, but Abyss was also busted open?! Referee Charles looked over and called for the bell! This match was over – but what was the decision?! The Stroke to Savage! Jarrett propped himself up in the corner as Jeremy Borash started to talk to Rudy Charles about the decision…he then nodded his head and made the announcement…

Jeremy Borash: Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of this match as a result of the First Blood Rule…ABYSS!!

Winner: Abyss

Time: 20:43

Match Rating: ***3/4

Uproar hit the arena for the second time that evening as the decision was made! Abyss was still lying face-down on the mat! The referee never saw the blood on HIS head! Monty Brown had been screwed! Jarrett couldn’t believe it and was celebrating in the ring! Brown would never be getting an NWA Title shot as long as he was in TNA! The Alpha Male just lay there with blood coated on his forehead as the injured Luger climbed back into the ring and joined in with the celebrations. Abyss was hurt but was helped up by Jarrett…and the bottom line was, it was all Randy Savage’s fault! HE had caught Brown with the steel chair!!

Mike Tenay: Well Don, that was brutal and I just don’t know where to start about who was to fault for that whole decision right there!

Don West: There was no security to stop Jarrett, Savage and Luger brawling, Savage actually nailed Brown with the chair…I mean there are many faults that have just screwed Monty Brown over!

Mike Tenay: This just sucks Don, this sucks folks, we will never see Monty Brown get another title shot here in TNA, he is never going to wear the NWA Title gold! Call his career over!

Jarrett, Abyss and Luger all headed up the ramp as Brown was shown sitting up in the ring. He just looked up at the true winners of the Pay-Per-View…it was impossible to tell the look on his face, there were just so many different emotions! Final Resolution had resolved that Monty Brown would never be getting another title shot. The show ended with Savage trying to pull himself up and the Alpha Male looking on…

TNA Final Resolution Info...

In the biggest news TNA for the second month running managed to beat its previous PPV buyrate. Victory Road in November ’04 gave TNA a 0.85 buyrate, Turning Point in December ’04 gave TNA a 0.93 buyrate…and Final Resolution came in with a whopping 1.18! The attendance inside Soundstage 21 at Universal Studios also saw an extra 2,000+ get crammed into, as a result a lot of the arena was standing room only! Universal Studios are apparently looking into fitting more seats into the soundstage somehow to be able to increase the capacity for next month as we speak. Meanwhile the revenue made from the Pay-Per-View was up by half a million pounds from the previous month. All in all it would have to be said Final Resolution was easily TNA’s most successful month in their over two-year history.

Final Resolution 2005 Details…

Overall Show Rating: 74%

PPV Buyrate: 1.18

Attendance: 13,227

Pay-Per-View Revenue: $2,950,000

Ticket Sales: $793,620

E-Mails following Final Resolution:

Randy Savage - Jeff Jarrett and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Kevin Nash? I think our styles would really work well together.

Other Final Resolution Notes…

The X-Division title match between Chris Sabin and Petey Williams technically overran its time slot by a good five minutes. As a result the Clockwork Orange House of Fun match was hastily re-booked, thus why Raven and Hardy brawled in the ring alone for all the match – originally after a period of brawling with all six members it would have worked down with the others brawling ringside and Raven/Hardy just in the ring. Instead they just cut out the first five minutes and didn’t have the Church or the Kru touch the ring.

Also its worth to take note that the original promo videos for the last few matches on the card all had to be cut down drastically due to their being nine matches. Rumor has it TNA officials won’t run nine matches on a single three hour PPV in future in order to make production look better…

Wow! What a show, been waiting a long time since the first half until the second but it was well worth the wait. Fantastic matches and angles all the way through. The tangled web that is the Main Event scene is really looking good coming out of Final Resolution and I look forward to seeing how its all going to develop.

I was pretty off with a lot of my predictions but I like that I like twists and turns so I'm actually pretty pleased that I was wrong

Prediction Contest Results:

Dukes

Match Winners: 5/9

Match Order: 0/9

Show Questions: 5/13

Overall: 10/30

Wwefan14

Match Winners: 5/9

Match Order: 3/9

Show Questions: 2/13

Overall: 10/30

Blade 3310

Match Winners: 3/9

Show Questions: 6/13

Overall: 9/30

Sullen Slacker

Match Winners: 2/9

Match Order: 2/9

Szumi

Match Order: 1/9

Show Questions: 6/14 (+ Point for % Rating of Show - + Point for Buyrate of Show)

:shifty:

Overall: 8/30

StevenWhite

Show Questions: 3/13

Overall: 7/30

Benji O’Doom~!

Show Questions: 1/13

Overall: 6/30

Jarv

Match Order: 1/9

Show Questions: 3/13

Steve Corino:

Show Questions: 4/13

Heroin Bob

Show Questions: 2/13

Overall: 5/30

With success brings more revenue...

With Final Resolution being a big success...

TNA got more revenue...

Makes sense really! So with more money now available they continued building onto their roster and added some more workers to be under written contract with the company.

TNA Adds More Written Contract Stars

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling today revealed on their official website that they had signed more workers to written contracts following Sunday's Final Resolution Pay-Per-View event. These workers can be seen below alongside their rumored contract length:

Andy Douglas - 2 Years

Chase Stevens - 2 Years

Diamond Dallas Page - 1 Year

Erik Watts - 1 Year

The only people left in TNA who haven't got written contracts are those whos futures are pretty much uncertain from month to month. However there is still an issue with America's Most Wanted being under open contract still so they can work another federation as well. TNA are still very keen to sign the duo of Chris Harris and James Storm to written contracts. We all also hope a deal can be done in the near future.

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

The next stage on TNA's rapidly increasing calender was the Best Damn Sports Show Period. It would show the Ladder Match between Chris Sabin and Petey Williams that was recorded a few weeks ago. Would this give TNA more exposure?

Well it definatly gave a good encounter between two of TNA's top wrestling superstars...

user posted image

The Best Damn Sports Show Period – Monday 17th January 2005

Mike Tenay: Welcome to all, I’m Mike Tenay alongside my broadcast colleague Don West and we are here tonight on The Best Damn Sports Show Period to present to you some top class TNA Wrestling action!

Don West: That’s right, and tonight folks we are showcasing the X-Division for you all as we are ready to witness a rematch from last night’s TNA Pay-Per-View event Final Resolution. It will be Chris Sabin facing new X-Division champion Petey Williams in a Ladder match!

Mike Tenay: Let’s now send you to the action!

The TNA logo flashed across the screen before showing both Petey Williams and Chris Sabin in the ring alongside match official Andrew Thomas. The bell was rung and the match was underway.

TNA X-Division Championship – Ladder Match

Petey Williams © vs. Chris Sabin

Sabin and Williams circled each other in the ring as the camera focused up on the X-Division title hanging above them…Both men then just dived in and locked up with each other, with Sabin eventually dragging Williams down into a headlock. He whipped the champion off the ropes and caught him with a clothesline as he came back across the ring. Williams however jumped straight back up from that move and raked his opponent in the eyes. Sabin stumbled backwards momentarily as Williams ran off the ropes and shoved an elbow to his face! This caused Sabin to fall backwards through the ropes to the floor, and allowed Williams to run and springboard over the top rope with a flip onto Sabin! Both men clattered into the barricade before Williams slowly pulled himself back up onto his feet. The champion then set his sights on the ladder propped up just a bit further down from where he and Sabin landed. He grabbed it and slid it into the ring as Sabin attempted to pull himself back up on the outside. Once back in the ring Williams opened up the ladder and started to climb up towards the gold. He made it half-way up before Sabin climbed back into the ring and pulled Williams off the ladder from behind. He then took him down with an armdrag into a brief armbar before whipping the X-Division champion off the ropes. Williams ducked Sabin as he jumped in the air – and stopped to catch the challenger on his shoulders! Williams ran Sabin into the ladder before going for a powerbomb…that was countered into a hurricarana! Williams was flung over face-first into the nearby turnbuckle as a result!

Sabin quickly saw his opportunity as Williams was propping himself up in the corner to regain some strength. He started to quickly climb up for the title. But Williams then sprinted out of the corner and dropkicked the ladder! It started to fall with Sabin still holding on! Sabin then fell off and crashed down onto the ropes! Williams quickly shoved the ladder so it was down on the mat before kicking it into a central position in the ring. He followed that up with some right hands to Sabin before picking him up…and giving him a scoop slam onto the ladder! Williams looked like he had caught his fingers in the impact and was also rolling around in pain from the move. But Sabin just held his back as referee Thomas checked on both of them. Eventually Williams shook off his hurting fingers and climbed up onto the top rope! He called for a moonsault…but Sabin was now back up! He jumped up behind Williams and nailed his patented release overhead suplex from the top!! Holy Shit!! Williams crashed down front-first onto the ladder!! Sabin jumped down and quickly dragged out the ladder from underneath his hurt opponent. He set it up under the belt and now had a chance to win the X-Division title! Sabin climbed up…but Williams pulled himself up on the ladder and hooked Sabin’s legs on his shoulders! The champion was looking for a powerbomb…but he then turned his attention towards the corner of the ring...he ran and powerbombed Sabin into the top turnbuckle!!! Sabin just hit the deck holding his neck!! Williams meanwhile turned his attention back to the ladder…

He climbed up and started to grab at the belt, but Sabin was once again back up! He climbed up the other side of the ladder and started to nail some right hands! Williams then went to nail a right hand – but was ducked. This allowed Sabin to drag him over the top of the ladder onto his shoulders!! Sabin readjusted himself and jumped down into the FUTURE SHOCK OFF THE LADDER!!! BOTH MEN WERE OUT!! Sabin just nailed his finishing move off the top of a ten-foot high ladder!! Replays were shown before the TNA logo flashed across screen and time moved forward in the match. When the match continued it showed Sabin was now outside the ring pulling out a second ladder from under the apron! Williams was still down in the ring following the Future Shock as the challenger slid the second ladder under the bottom rope. Sabin then stomped on Williams and picked him up…Michinoku Driver onto the new ladder!! Jesus Christ this match was a brutal affair! Sabin started to climb the first ladder (which was still in place). Williams was completely destroyed, he wasn’t moving with his body completely folded up on the other ladder. Sabin grabbed at the belt…and then the ladder tumbled forwards! Sabin fell right over the top rope to the floor!!! He crashed into the steel barricade!! Williams had somehow used his feet to kick the ladder over!!! Now Sabin was out on the outside, Williams was still out in the ring! Both men were down and out!!

The TNA logo then flashed across screen again as time progressed, now Sabin was just sliding gingerly back into the ring. Williams meanwhile had just made it up onto his vertical base…Sabin climbed up and stumbled forward into a kick to the ribs! Williams locked his arms! CANADIAN DESTROYER…ONTO THE FOLDED LADDER!!! The crowd were now chanting “holy shit” as both men lay in absolute agony!! Williams though quickly pulled himself up and set the other ladder up again…he started to climb…and reached up! Williams grabbed the title! He pulled it down and had retained the gold!! He had used all of his energy in this brutal ladder match to retain his title. What a match!

Winner: Petey Williams

Time: 14:45

Match Rating: ****1/4

85% - 73% - 98%

Mike Tenay: Petey Williams is still the X-Division champion folks, and I hope you enjoyed this special match presentation on the Best Damn Sports Show Period! We will now pass you back to the studio!!

user posted image

Xplosion Preview – Tuesday 18th January 2005

This week’s Xplosion gets the chance to look back on last Sunday’s Final Resolution Pay-Per-View with highlights from that, and the previous weeks Impact guaranteed to air on the show.

Meanwhile there will be four matches to take place inside the Six-Sided ring also! In the main event TNA welcomes Chris Candido to the fold as he debuts against X-Division star Frankie “The Future” Kazarian. Candido is confident heading into this match that he can put on a performance. He wants to get himself recognised as being back in the top fold of professional wrestling once again…and I am looking forward to the main event to find out if he has still got what it takes.

However Candido is not the only new TNA superstar performing this week. Hector Garza can fall into that “new” bracket just about. Garza left TNA following Victory Road’s X-Division Gauntlet win and his return has been a long time coming. In his first action back he is set to take place in a Triple Threat Contest with Michael Shane and long-time friend Abismo Negro. Will Garza win his first match back? Find out Tuesday.

Fantastic Frank Ferdinand last week made his TNA debut and went all out to insult everyone inside the arena, from fans, to workers and employees of the company – he made his mark. Last week he also defeated OK Revolution in singles action. This week he has been booked to face D-Ray 3000 one-on-one. Ferdinand will no doubt be looking to prove himself as being “Fantastic” once again, although D-Ray is going to be a challenge for the new blood.

Also! We are guaranteed to hear from Jeff Jarrett, Lex Luger and Abyss as the Xplosion camera caught up with them immediately following Final Resolution. What will these men have to say on what was a night made in heaven for them!

Tune in Tuesday on MTV! 

Confirmed Matches:

Chris Candido vs. Frankie Kazarian

Triple Threat Match

Hector Garza vs. Abismo Negro vs. Michael Shane

Chad Collyer vs. Sonjay Dutt

Fantastic Frank Ferdinand vs. D-Ray 3000

Johnny B. Badd Leaves TNA...Tenay Spotted with Wrestler

TNA Wrestling today announced that superstar Johnny B. Badd has left the federation. Badd was under a open contract with TNA and was very much expected to end his two month feud with the New York Connection at Against All Odds. However TNA Officials decided Badd had to go after he insulted a few other TNA superstars on a radio call in show.

While many superstars saw Badd's words as nothing too horrendous the company directors took a decision that any bad-mouthing outside of the federation would not be tollerated. With TNA currently jumping up the wrestling world they do not want any locker room tension to ruin what is viewed as a good working environment.

However with Badd having left TNA rumours are that announcer Mike Tenay was seen meeting with another wrestler over lunch in Orlando. The superstar in question was Sean Waltman, now this raises questions if he will be seen in TNA in the near future. But only time will tell, although Waltman is another big-name superstar.

I think this is a very interesting Diary and a TNA Diary done well is difficult. Losing Styles and Lynn was such a blow but you've so far overcome it though you let Shelley go and I think that was a mistake but otherwise beyond some growing pains I appriciate the work in this diary. Good job so far!

user posted image

Xplosion Results – Tuesday 18th January 2005

D-Ray 3000 vs. Fantastic Frank Ferdinand

Xplosion opened this week with Fantastic Frank Ferdinand’s second match in TNA against D-Ray 3000. As soon as match official Fred Richards called for the bell Ferdinand took the advantage in the match. He took down D-Ray with a monkey toss into a neckbreaker before making an early cover for a two count. D-Ray did try to fight his way back into the contest with a whip into the corner and some mounted punches, but Ferdinand fought out and pulled his opponent up into the Triple Powerbomb for the win! Following the match Ferdinand for the second week running reached down into his trunks and pulled out a sticker. He stuck it to D-Ray’s face…and of course it read, “I’m Fantastic! YOU’RE NOT!”

Winner: Fantastic Frank Ferdinand

Time: 4:25

Match Rating: ¾ *

53% - 36% - 71% - D-Ray 3000 lost 1 point of overness from this match.

Final Resolution Highlights 1 – Vampiro’s Return!

The video joined the DDP/Konnan match midway through…

Page was playing possum as K-Dawg made the cover! 1…2…Roll through! 1…2…Kick out! That was half a count away! Page had nearly won the match after that bit of acting, but now Konnan was back on his feet. DDP went to whip him off the ropes again – but was countered into the Diamond Cutter?! No, Page countered out of that before Konnan could nail it…but he then nailed a Diamond Cutter of his own! DDP rolled over and made the cover as referee Richards made the count! 1…2…The Lights went out! The power was cut in Universal Studios as it was plunged into darkness! This wasn’t the first time it had happened in TNA but there was a long pause before the lighting came back up again…referee Richards was now down?! DDP didn’t know what was going on. He leant over and checked on the ref as someone slid into the ring behind him…it couldn’t be! What the hell was he doing here?! IT WAS VAMPIRO!?! He tapped Page on the back! DDP turned around into the DDT! Vampiro pulled the lifeless Konnan over for the cover as referee Richards was now coming back around! 1………2………3!

Konnan had won the match! Vampiro pulled Konnan under the bottom rope to the outside before the two men hugged?! Konnan and Vampiro hugged?! Page just lay there as the two “buddies celebrated! Vampiro held Konnan’s arm high as both men backed up the ramp! This was bizzaro land!

67%

DDP Confronts Dusty

Diamond Dallas Page was shown walking around the backstage area as the highlight video ended…

Diamond Dallas Page: Dusty! DUSTY!

He turned a corner and walked into the Director of Authority himself, who was busy talking on the phone.

Diamond Dallas Page: Dusty, glad I found you!

Dusty Rhodes: DDP can’t you see I’m busy on the phone right now!

Page grabbed the phone and threw it to the ground…

Diamond Dallas Page: Well you’re not anymore so you care to listen now chubby?!

Dusty Rhodes: …Go on then what’s the problem.

Diamond Dallas Page: Well, I donno if you have been watching what has been happening around here lately but last Sunday I had Konnan beaten, until his new buddy Vampiro ran down and screwed me!

Dusty Rhodes: So you want some of Vampiro right? Well how about this Friday you can have some! You against Vampiro one on one!

Diamond Dallas Page: Yeah well that’s all well and good Dusty but I was expecting Pay-Per-View exposure for what I am going to do to that white-faced freak show…

Dusty thought for a moment, before he clicked his fingers. He obviously had another idea.

Dusty Rhodes: Ok then DDP, this Friday you get Vampiro. And seeing as our next Pay-Per-View is Against All Odds you can have a 2 on 1 Handicap Match against Konnan and Vampiro! How does that sound?

Page looked surprised, but on thinking about it he just smiled and walked away…he could now get his hands on both Konnan and Vampiro at Against All Odds in the same match! Dusty picked up his phone…

Dusty Rhodes: Still there……Good.

77%

-: commercial break :-

Sonjay Dutt vs. Chad Collyer

Collyer and Dutt squared up in the second match of Xplosion in what was a top rate encounter from the two men. Dutt took the early advantage over Collyer with a whip off the ropes into a hurricarana, before hitting a moonsault off the top rope. The cover however only managed a two before Collyer kicked out. He then scrambled out of Dutt’s hold on the match and took down his opponent with an atomic drop. Collyer then made the second cover of the match – also for a two. Both men exchanged offence before Dutt was worked down into a ground-based headlock…after a lengthy time down in the hold Dutt managed to work his way out and take down Collyer with a twisting sidebuster, he then covered again for another two. Collyer went to lock in the Texas Cloverleaf as Dutt just about managed to roll through, he then jumped onto the top rope and nailed the Hindu Press! Dutt made the cover, 1…2…3 – and won the match! In what was possibly the best match ever on Xplosion Sonjay Dutt had defeated Chad Collyer in eight minutes of top quality TNA action.

Winner: Sonjay Dutt

Time: 8:11

Match Rating: ***1/4

72% - 55% - 90% - Chad Collyer is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

Impact Highlights 1 – Savage Ships off Hall and Nash

The noise of passing cars could be heard as the Macho Man was shown! He was standing alongside a limo outside somewhere…he then removed his glasses before talking into the camera…

Randy Savage: Hey! Jeff Jarrett! The Macho Man has got somethin’ to show ya right now, so keep your eyes on me!

Savage turned around and headed over to the black limo parked behind him. He reached for the door handle and pulled it open as the camera zoomed in to a view of the backseat…The crowd cheered as they saw what was going on! Kevin Nash! Scott Hall! They were both tied up in the back of the limo!! Savage reached in…he grabbed both men’s wallets before shutting the door again and turning back to the camera!

Randy Savage: Jeff, I hope I ain’t ruined any plans of yours there! It looks like your guys Hall and Nash aren’t going anywhere you want them to go!

Jarrett’s face in the ring was a picture…he was in shock, plain shock.

The action went back to the limo and Savage banged on the hood…

Randy Savage: Take it away driver!

The camera panned around to show the vehicle pulling onto the main road…and to also show a massive sign alongside the passing cars!!

“Welcome…TO MEXICO!”…

The Macho Man turned the camera back around to face him!

Randy Savage: (laughing) Well champ! Your buddies are headin’ to the South Coast of Mexico! But now, I’m headin’ back to Orlando! OHHH YEAAAH!!! SEE YOU SUNDAY JARRETT!!

81%

user posted image

Impact! Preview – Friday 21st January 2005

This week’s Impact is well and truly the fallout from Final Resolution…

Last Sunday Jeff Jarrett’s dreams ALL came true…

Firstly he successfully defended his NWA Heavyweight Title against the Macho Man (thanks to the debut of Lex Luger) and secondly one of his strongest rivals for that gold, the Alpha Male Monty Brown lost his right to ever have another title shot as he lost to the monster Abyss. And to make it even more sweeter for Double J…it was Randy Savage’s fault that Brown lost the First Blood match, he nailed the Alpha Male with the chair that caused the final wound…At the moment it really couldn’t be sweeter for the King of the Mountain…

This Friday Jarrett is scheduled to face newcomer Chris Candido in a non-title bout, while Randy Savage, Abyss, Lex Luger and the Alpha Male are all also expected to be on the show this week…it is going to be interesting to see how this mass saga unfolds further…

Last Sunday Raven’s quest to Destiny took a massive dent in the form of Jeff Hardy. Raven and his New Flock lost to Hardy and the 3 Live Kru in the Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match. Raven lost in his own creation and is said to have become very agitated since…rumour also has it he is already counting down the hours until he can confront Jeff Hardy again…what will Raven say…or do?

On Tuesday’s Xplosion show the first match for “Against All Odds” was signed as Diamond Dallas Page got himself booked in a 2 on 1 Handicap match against the odd pairing of Konnan and Vampiro. The new shock team have refused to comment on their coming together to anyone in TNA and Page is still fuming from Final Resolution’s screwjob. However in his wait for Against All Odds Page has a chance this Friday to step into the ring against Vampiro…who knows what DDP will do, or what Konnan will do for that matter! Can DDP take that first step to retribution? Find out Friday!

In top X-Division action this week the two losers from Final Resolution’s two X-Division matches will meet one on one. Chris Sabin lost his X-Division title to Petey Williams while Christopher Daniels failed to meet his promise and lost to ex-partner Elix Skipper. With Williams scheduled for a week off this match will provide the perfect opportunity for one of these wrestlers to put themselves back into the title hunt…who will win this one? Who will grab the Director of Authorities attention? And will Elix Skipper provide some “support” for his ex-partner…

Last week on Impact also saw the Naturals align themselves with the New Flock under the new name “Naturally Dark”. This week one half of that duo in Andy Douglas will square up to one half of the Kru in Ron “The Truth” Killings. With the Kru also involved with Jeff Hardy and the New Flock situation this provides an opportunity for the winners to put one over on the other team altogether…who will seize the opportunity?

The fifth and final match on the show will see the ex-NWA Tag Team Champions go up against TNA’s most successful tag team in America’s Most Wanted. The New York Connection vs. AMW – this Friday!

Also! Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, Kid Kash, Dallas and new tag team champions the American Patriots are all scheduled to be on Impact!

Make sure you tune in Friday on FSN for the fallout from Final Resolution!

Confirmed Matches:

Non-Championship Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. Chris Candido

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Vampiro

Chris Sabin vs. Christopher Daniels

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. New York Connection

Ron “The Truth” Killings vs. Andy Douglas

user posted image

Impact! Spoilers – Friday 21st January 2005

Thanks to Glen Fielding for the “personal view” spoilers he sent in for this week:

Results:

Impact opens with Dusty Rhodes in the ring on the mike. He starts off by announcing the news that Monty Brown had left TNA as of that morning…that was a shocker from nowhere. The Alpha Male had requested for his contract to be terminated with immediate effect…and his wish had been granted. Dusty seemed to revel in this news before moving on to a personal message to the locker room. He told the guys in the back that he will not stand for being disrespected, or any mind games from certain individuals… (like the locking away of the security team at Final Resolution). The American Dream then left on the note that he was going to later on announce who would be getting an NWA Title shot at Against All Odds…he would think about it over the show and return later with his decision. Dusty then went to the back as the video screen started to play.

The video showed Jeff Hardy arriving at the Soundstage – and walking straight into Raven. Raven congratulated Jeff for his victory at Final Resolution before going on a bit more…It’s a point worth noting that Raven was carrying a Noose with him throughout the confrontation, and finished off by telling Jeff that this thing between the two of them…wasn’t over yet. Shock horror. Raven left still with his Noose as Hardy went on to the locker rooms.

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted def. New York Connection

Boy when your lucks down, it’s down. The NYC lost to AMW in the first match of the night following Chris Harris catching Johnny Swinger in the Catatonic for the academic three count. AMW celebrated for a bit before the video screen started playing again.

It showed Shane Douglas standing alongside Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka. Obviously we were going to get about the tenth interview from these two in the last two months…

Piper said nothing of note before (shock horror again) Kid Kash and Dallas turn up on the scene! Piper said how he was glad to see they had both made up following Sunday’s little tiff…to which Kash told him to not be a smartass. Kash then told Piper instead of making jokey remarks he should be deadly serious about Against All Odds…because they (Kash and Dallas) are working on finding a third partner for a 3 on 2 Handicap match against them…yawn. I’ve already got bets that Destination X sees a Six-Man Tag with Piper and Snuka having then got themselves someone else to bring into this feud…Oh, and Piper ended questioning why Kash and Dallas wouldn’t leave this alone. I suggest you guys all kiss and make up, and stop wasting my time…

Christopher Daniels def. Chris Sabin

Something good to talk about now. Wasn’t the finest X-Division match by any means, a bit jerky – but for workrate both Daniels and Sabin done well. Elix Skipper was seated ringside for this match…and saw the Fallen Angel defeat Sabin following the Angel’s Wings. Following the match Daniels made the “belt” taunt around his waist to Primetime…

There was a brief break then with Trinity and Traci firing a few T-Shirts into the crowd. I wonder why TNA isn’t using these two at the moment? Odd…

Ron “The Truth” Killings def. Andy Douglas

Bad match in all honesty. These guys couldn’t really get it together well and after a near-four minutes Killings won with his Front Facebuster. As Douglas was helped to the back by Stevens - BG James joined his tag partner in the ring. The Truth got on the microphone and announced that in two weeks some good friends of the Kru would be making their grand return to TNA…hmm, interesting.

Backstage the two new Tag Champs the American Patriots were hanging out. Although everything wasn’t looking too good…Patriot 2 and Patriot 1 (the big dude) hugged before Patriot 1 left and handed over his tag belt to Patriot 2…and a smaller guy walked in – I guess Patriot 3?! Confused?! Well he took the title and shook hands with Patriot 2…I guess to signify a partner change?! That makes a lot of sense for a team who have just won the tag titles…good booking!!

Diamond Dallas Page def. Vampiro

Time to stop being negative for a moment, I like what TNA is doing with Vampiro. They are appling to both the normal wrestling fans and the more knowledgeable wrestling fans with this angle. While Vampiro and Konnan have been getting on ok recently they have one hell of a history – and it’s a good shock move for TNA to team both guys up together. Oh yeah…the match. DDP won following his Diamond Cutter and the typical staredown happened as Konnan aided his fallen partner to the back. We already know these guys are going to meet in a 2 on 1 Handicap match at Against All Odds…

Backstage Jeff Jarrett is sitting in his locker room alongside Abyss and Lex Luger when he gets a phone call. From what we can make out its Nash and Hall on the phone…they are still stuck in Mexico and need Jarrett’s help to get back! They needed some money sent over or something cause Randy Savage took it all off them. Double J thought the whole thing was hilarious and told the Outsiders to go and wrestle a few shows to make the money. Nash said they couldn’t fit into the Lucha gear…and the Elvis gimmicks weren’t really going down to well…Jarrett then being the nice guy he is tells them that they will work it out eventually and hangs up…he laughs about the whole thing with Luger before leaving to wrestle in the main event. Odd angle, but mildly entertaining.

Non-Championship Match

Jeff Jarrett def. Chris Candido

Good to see Candido back wrestling at this level. Reasonably good match with Jarrett here that typically saw Luger make his mark and thus allowing Double J to hit the Stroke for the win. Candido left as Jarrett and Luger continued to celebrate in the ring…but then Dustys music hit! Guess it’s time for his announcement. If he chooses Randy Savage again I will demand a refund…

Guess what? He did. Dusty announced that seeing as the Macho Man was screwed at Final Resolution he was going to get another title shot at Against All Odds…but this time there would be no interference allowed from any TNA superstar in that match! Dusty wants it just one on one…but Dusty don’t you realize?! Jarrett will just get someone from outside TNA to interfere…Jesus! Anyways, back to the action.

The American Dream is about to leave when Erik Watt’s music hits…and Watts himself comes out in a suit and holding a clipboard. He pulls out a microphone from his pocket and announces that he knows who was messing with Dusty at Final Resolution, Watts knows who locked the security away…he then pulls out a key from his pocket and announces it was him! Dusty was about to speak when Watts interrupted him. He told Dusty that HE had something’s to announce right now…

Firstly on his clipboard he has two contracts. The first one from TNA Head Office which makes him new joint TNA Director of Authority! Watts then runs over that head office weren’t happy with the job Dusty was doing and that he was brought in to be a 50/50 partner. Everything Dusty now wanted to do would have to go through Watts and get his confirmation!

Watts then moved onto the second contract…it was a wrestlers contract…then the music hit!!! THE ALPHA MALE WAS BACK!! MONTY BROWN (excuse the marking out) WALKED OUT ONTO THE STAGE! It was new contract which Brown had just signed moments ago…and this contract had no unusual clauses in it – like the fact Monty Brown couldn’t get another title shot in TNA…because now he could…and should!! Watts announces seeing as Dusty has announced his man who is getting the title shot…Watts should now announce his! IT’S HIM! And seeing as it’s Against All Odds, Savage will team with Brown against Jarrett in a 2 on 1 Handicap match for the NWA Title!! Jarrett and Luger couldn’t believe it in the ring as the Alpha Male looked down the ramp towards the gold. His career was back on track in TNA!

Loved the ending of the show, I was marking out like a little bitch – few niggling bad things elsewhere but overall I would check this out on Friday.

Midweek TNA update for you all. Just some more normal contractual stuff and other backstage gossip doing the rounds at the time.

The Narrator

TNA Midweek Update

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall this morning were confirmed as having signed new contracts with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Hall and Nash both had on their original contracts a certain amount of shows they had to work - which was furfilled on the Impact before Final Resolution. Now the two superstars have signed open contracts where they will be paid per performance - and TNA has apparently got a few dates already confirmed for these guys to work in the near future...

TNA recently met with FSN to discuss an upcoming storyline which could be deemed unapproprate - even for Impact's late night slot. However FSN were said to be happy with the content and even more happier that TNA officials informed them anyway of what was going to happen. The communications between FSN and TNA are rock solid as both parties want to make the wrestling a top quality feature of FSN's programming. TNA is well known for its good, open relations with television companies and are also said to have impressed MTV.

Ron Harris today agreed a deal with TNA and is expected to join up with brother Don Harris to re-link as a tag team. Heavy D has been a member of the TNA security team but has been itching to return to the ring, and this looks a good chance for a well-established team to join the tag ranks also.

TNA's public image at this time is also still steadily rising. While not being any true competition to WWE, or not looking to be at the moment it can only be seen as a good thing that TNA are gaining more and more of a fanbase. There will be more fuller results to look at come the end of the month.

TNA Final Resolution Review

So here we are at NWA: Total Nonstop Action Wrestling Final Resolution. And it all starts off with a nice opening package. Maybe a little cheesy with the Resolutions of all the stars, made me think of celebrities telling everybody what they’re thankful for to teach everyone the true meaning of holidays and all the rest. But enough of that onto the show, West and Tenay are talking us through this one and they take a while to hype what really is a packed card, a lot of potentially big matches and a lot of potential banana skins as well.

NWA Tag Team Championship – Four Corners Match

New York Connection © vs. America’s Most Wanted vs. American Patriots vs. Kazarian & Shane

I hold out high hopes for this match as I’m the patriots’ biggest fan, they remind me of Los Conquistadors crossed with old school faces and I love it. So the match starts out with Shane and Kazarian working over Harris before the inevitable face comeback as Harris started to teach Kazarian a thing or two. HOUSE ON FIRE! The one thing you know you’re going to see in any tag team match, a face who is on fire. That’s exactly what Harris is with furious offence even taking out Swinger who was on the apron. Backfires on him though and Kazarian gets the close two before tagging out to Diamond. Eventually everybody piles into the ring and all hell breaks loose.

The Patriots and AMW are real tag teams not just two random guys thrown together. That’s what I like in a tag team, matching outfits and some sort of common bond that’s deeper than both being heels. So I say turn one of them heel and let them feud in the future. Anyways, brawling, spots and tag team manoeuvres all over the ring as everybody has a go at making themselves look good. AMW hit some finishing moves and the heels keep switching in and out before a cool spot sees Harris and Kazarian go over the top rope together. Really is a nice spot with Kazarian up in the powerbomb position before the two tumble over the ropes.

The faces line up behind the heels, wait for them to turn, still waiting, waiting and they finally do. Harris and Swinger brawl while Diamond gets the golden eagle and Patriot 1 gets the 1,2,3! Patriots win.

Rating: ***

* for the start, * for the Patriots winning, ½* for the Harris/Kazarian spot and ½ * for the double teaming in the middle.

Decent match would have enjoyed a few more tags as a lot of the men didn’t even get to be the legal man but still decent.

Its always good to see real tag teams that have always been tag teams like it should be not just two people thrown together for the hell of it.

A quick bad ass, no respect for no-one heel promo from Kid Kash and some staring from Dallas leads us to;

Tag Team Grudge Match

Kid Kash and Dallas vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka

I can’t say I was looking forward to this match. I think Kash could be doing a lot more than feuding with Snuka and Roddy all about a coconut. But here it is, I wasn’t holding out high hopes for this match as Snuka and Roddy are past there prime and Dallas doesn’t seem like he can cut it. Now, the match: Dallas takes control after jumping Roddy and uses his size to his advantage. Roddy eventually fights back with right hands and here comes that house on fire face I warned you about. Roddys offence consists solely of right hands which remind me of his boxing match back in the WWF.

Kash comes in and beats down on the already beaten Piper with some high risk stuff. Piper mounts a come back thought thanks to….A RIGHT HAND and follows up with…A DROPKICK! He’s doubled his moveset right there. The refs back is turned for the finale as a coconut shot from Piper to Dallas followed by a superfly splash gets the 3 for the Legends.

Rating: * for the effort from Dallas and the Superfly splash.

Hmmm…if I were a boxing fan this would have got a lot higher thanks to Roddys right hand. Keep the legends for interviews and promos just don’t let them wrestle it really is for the best.

Looks like a Dallas/Kash feud could be on the way as Dallas stormed off hopefully if that does happen it’ll either show that Dallas is a talent or see him be buried somewhere far, far away.

A short hype video then leads us to:

New York Streetfight

Glenn Gilberti vs. Johnny B. Badd

Badd starts off like a big ball of anger and bounces back and forward before taking Gilberti down and going to look for some weapons. This New York Streetfight looks very similar to any other sort of streetfight no matter the location. After much searching for a devastating and inventive weapon Badd comes up with a chair and suffers an axe handle from the apron due to his poor treasure hunting skills. The axe handle is way over sold and both men stay down as if there under fire. A comedy spot (It had me laughing) sees Gilberti hit an inflatable statue of liberty with a chair and apologising before realising his mistake and turning around in time to catch a dropkick to the chin. Cover from Badd gets the two and it would appear that this match is falls count anywhere.

Some more offence from Badd before he stops to eat a hotdog (with sauce) before he rams it into Gilberti's face for that sense of humiliation. Badd tosses trash cans and a table into the ring with his opponent and suffers a blow to the skull for his idiocy. Glen sets up the table and both men try to use it battling to put there opponent through it. A suplex through the table only gets a two for Badd and he sets up another for another try. Some slow climbing to the top turnbuckle and exchange of blows and finally Badd hits a DVD through the table from the top rope for the win. A real nice finish, I certainly wasn’t expecting something like that to finish off.

Rating: **

*for the majority of the match, * for the DVD through the table and the hotdog spot.

A DDP interview and a brief recap leads us into:

Konnan vs. Diamond Dallas Page

I’m a big DDP fan but I hate Konnan more than life itself so lets hope that’ll even things out and I hope maybe this heel turn for Konnan could change my ways as he’s becoming more…palatable. Page stomps a mudhole in Konnan to start before some slow paced brawling takes over. The two then treat us to an old fashioned stand off which I haven’t seen for a long time before an exchange of blows before DDP takes control. The whole stand off brings back memories of Austin vs. Rock back in the day and that’s always a good thing.

Page hits a sidewalk slam and gets a 2 count from it before resorting to a headlock. Both men are getting there breath back and Konnan battles out of it. World’s worst rolling thunder clothesline from Konnan and I think he may have actually just tripped up because that was a shambles. An original spot sees Page pretend to be out when he actually avoided the clothesline and he reverses a pin but just gets a two. Konnan and DDP exchange attempts at Diamond Cutters and I think of Austin/Rock again before DDP nails the diamond cutter and the lights go out. It’s the worlds most over used spot but it still works. They come back on and the ref is out and Vampiro is there. VAMPIRO? What the hell? I sure as hell didn’t see that coming. DDP gets DDT’d by Vampiro and Konnan makes the pin for the win.

Rating: **½

* for the match, * for Vampiro popping up, * for making me think Rock/Austin, - ½ * because Konnan can’t wrestle.

DDP looks like he can still put on a few good matches despite his age but Konnan still doesn’t look like he can wrestle, make him go evil, real evil and have a human torch match with someone. I’d love to see Konnan burning and if it can’t be in hell it might as well be Orlando.

Backstage there’s an interview with Jarrett before:

NWA Heavyweight Championship

Jeff Jarrett © vs. “The Macho Man” Randy Savage

I want to see Jarrett drop the title as much as the next man, he never seems to do anything with it but dear God don’t let him drop it to Savage. Giving Savage the title when he’s so out of shape he wears a coat to hide his figure would just be silly the guy should be putting over the younger talent instead of being a championship contender.

The start saw Savage dominating with elbows and not much else before some not so quick near falls were exchanged. Jarrett began to take over and nailed some slaps to the chest of Savage and Savage is lit up, I think Jarrett may have doing this for his own enjoyment. Savage fights back with some right hands and goes for the rest hold. Savage has lasted about a combined total of 2 minutes on his feet and most of that time was being slapped in the corner. Jarrett manages to avoid defeat by raising his arm at the third attempt and Savage can’t believe it as the champion mounts a comeback. The ref gets taken down inadvertently and misses the pin after Savage hits the elbow from the top. It’s predictable but still enjoyable.

Then comes surprise appearance of the night number 2: Lex Luger. Luger hits Savage with the title belt and Jarrett picks up the 3 and retains his title. Please God don’t let this lead to a Luger vs. Savage match down the line. Neither or them could hardly wrestle 15 years ago let alone now. At least Jarrett kept the belt though.

Rating: *

* just for the relief that they never put the title on Savage. Luger was a surprise but after the initial shock it was a sort of “they can’t really expect him to put on a match” surprise.

Now its time for the match I was looking forward to; The NWA X Division Championship match, after the required hype video we go straight into:

TNA X-Division Championship

Chris Sabin © vs. Petey Williams

The match starts off fast and furious and it looks like its all going to continue that way. Sabin takes control early on with snapmares and chokeholds and then Fairplay gets involved. I like to see old school conniving managers not these fancy good looking valets. It’s the easiest and possibly the best way to make someone a real heel: give him a cheating manager and that’s exactly what Fairplay is. I was never a Fairplay fan but I can see how he can work as a really good heel manager with his cocky attitude. But anyways, Sabin chases Fairplay around the ring and then sidesteps a dropkick from Williams and Fairplay escapes. A real stiff looking shining wizard only gets a two for Sabin and already this is a real fast paced, high action match.

A lot of fast exchanges of blows and near falls for both men. Possibly spot of the night so far comes as Williams hits a sort of springboard clothesline onto Sabin who is already on the top turnbuckle. That gets a real close count for the challenger and this top class match continues. Williams takes control until Sabin delivers a brutal backbreaker for a 2 count. The two then roll across the ring a few times before Williams is sent over the top rope in another great spot in the match. Sabin takes his attack to the outside with a somersault plancha that catches Fairplay and Williams and the high spots keep coming thick and fast in this match. Sabin then powerbombs Williams into the guard rail in another spot that looked very dangerous and very cool. This is the type of action deserves replays not an axe handle from the apron.

The action is taken back into the ring and Williams dominates for a while until Sabin reverses a Canadian destroyer into a piledriver this was another good exchange of moves from the two and this is a match and a half. Another spot of the night then comes as Williams suffers an overhead suplex from the top rope. A lot of reversals and exchanges continue in the ring before a few well placed shots between the legs for each. A series of close falls came after that and it looked as if either man could win it until the Canadian Destroyer picks up the win for Petey Williams.

Rating: ****½

This match was worth the price alone. Spot after spot that were original and dangerous. *** for the match in general, * for the top rope spots and ½ * for the wicked powerbomb into the steel.

Raven’s Clockwork Orange House of Fun – 6 Man Tag Team Elimination Match

Raven, Slash and Sinn vs. Jeff Hardy, Ron “The Truth” Killings and BG James

I don’t know what to think about this match, its got a hard act to follow. It seems like a way to sort of throw the Kru and Slash and Sinn into a match and I think it could fall flat on its face. The action starts with brawling all around the ring from the start with all of the men except Hardy and Raven involved. Hardy begins to nail Raven with right hands but Raven uses a poor toe hold to reverse the momentum and now the New Church are in control.

James takes a double chokeslam off the stairs and I really never expected James to take any sort of bump like that and it leads to James being eliminated. Slash and Sinn then double team Killings until a botched Superkick from Slash leads to Sinn getting caught and being eliminated. And so far for a hardcore match its not very hardcore as Raven chokes Hardy with a pipe. Eventually Hardy suffers from some trash can shots and the match becomes ever so slightly hardcore. Meanwhile Killings hits a facebuster and eliminates Slash.

The faces now outnumber the heels until Naturally Dark interfere, who I may add I’m happy to see have something to do these days, and lead to Killings suffering an evenflow and being eliminated by Raven. House on Fire time now as Hardy fights off all three members of the church and is left alone with Raven. Hardy finally picks up the win with a senton bomb onto a chair which is on top of Raven.

Rating: ½ *

A real shambles of a match if you ask me, lots of generic brawling and nothing really exciting except for BG James’ bump through the tables.

An interview from Christopher Daniels then leads us to:

Christopher Daniels vs. Elix Skipper

The match starts off with reversal after reversal and without any real offence. Eventually a really impressive flip into a facebuster from Skipper gets a 2 count. A kick to the groin slows down Primetime and Daniels then hits the Best Moonsault Ever (his description not mine although it is very good) and gets a 2 count. Another good reversal then sees Daniels suffer a neckbreaker from Primetime and another near fall. Another reversal from Daniels who wriggles out of a play of the day and another close call for Daniels.

Daniels is then sent to the outside from a clothesline and Skipper attacks him with a springboard 450 to the outside. That was a real big move and the crowd loved it. And one good spot deserves another as Daniels hits a springboard hurricanrana from the guard rail. This is the type of fast paced high risk action the crowd wants from the two men. Back in the ring there’s another close fall for Daniels and the match is literally full of them after almost every move. The pace quickens now and Daniels is powerbombed into the turnbuckle after a failed hurricanrana and then its followed through and Daniels is flapjacked onto the mat over Skippers head.

Skipper uses a couple of Texas Cloverleaf’s to try and put Daniels away but he manages to battle out and this match is now picking up the pace and isn’t seeing as many reversals as in the start of the match which is nice. Daniels then suffers at the hands of his own cheating as Skipper knocks him into the turnbuckle that Daniels exposed and Skipper suplexes and bridges him for the win.

Rating: *** 3/4

The second half really saved the match as the first half lacked any real offence but a few nice exchanges and spots towards the end mean it was a good match.

First Blood Match

Abyss vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown

It seems blatantly obvious that Monty Brown won’t be losing this since we all know he has to get a title shot otherwise he will amount to nothing. So here we go, Monty takes the advantage from the start and is hammering Abyss before sending him over the top rope. Impressive move and it really shows just how powerful Monty is that he can send the resident monster over the top. But Abyss climbs right back in and gets hit with the Pounce and Monty gets the 3 count! Only it doesn’t matter because its first blood, I bet there were a lot of people right there who thought he had won it.

Brown then resorted to using a ladder but he can’t bust Abyss open before Abyss nails a blackhole slam and gets his own 3 count. I like it, really shows how strong the two men are as both could have won the match inside 3 minutes so far. Quick exchanges of moves and Abyss has his chain that he tries to bust Monty open with. Abyss goes searching for weapons and comes back with a barbwire bat which is a real weapon for busting someone open with. Abyss never gets to use it though as Monty comes out to meet him and starts to dominate before nailing a spinebuster through the side of the ring. A real big mover there and something I can’t remember seeing before.

Out from the back comes Jarrett, Luger and Savage battling on the stage and Luger gets thrown off it by Savage. Never expected Luger to do that either, at least TNA are getting there moneys worth for this appearance though. In all the confusion the referee gets taken down by Brown accidentally before hitting Abyss with the chair and busting him open. But the refs out, oh dear, how predictable. Brown then goes and drags Jarrett to the ring where they lock up and a misplaced chair shot from Savage hits Brown and he’s cut open. The referee now wakes up and declares Abyss the winner!

Rating: **

Abyss can put on a good match and the spot with the ring collapsing was good but the ending was really corny and is used far too much. Very, very, very, surprising that Brown lost though, if TNA can keep his momentum while he isn’t allowed a title shot there doing a hell of a job.

Overall: ***

The X Division matches really made it a show to remember with a few average matches thrown in. The match order seemed a bit weird, the NWA title match buried in the middle of the card before a below average hardcore match seemed odd since its supposed to be the biggest title in wrestling. I just hope to God we won’t see a Luger/Savage match as that could ruin the company.

------------------------

That the sort of thing you were looking for TAFKA? I sort of got carried away at some points but what you gonna do eh?

Edited by Jarv

Well that's all folks. I have decided that's all for this diary, it's time for me to have a break and return with something new one day. So thanks to all of you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it! :)

This ending would have made a lot more sense the more I had continued with the diary as the narrator would have gained more of a character, but here you guys go anyways. The ending...

Regards again, TAFKA

Well, there you all go.

That was the NWA TNA story from me to you.

I must say I personally enjoyed every single moment of it.

From the title changes, to the wrestlers lost, to the wrestlers gained, and ultimately the finish that still leaves many questions. And still a future for the company…

I can hear the questions now…

Why didn’t I continue for longer with this story?

What did the future hold for TNA?

Did they ever beat the WWE?

Well, I can say that I didn’t continue this story for longer because my time was up. My turn to tell the tale had ended. There are many other narrators around me who could tell the same story, or more of the story. The truth is this was always just one chapter (well one split into two). My chapter told the way I wanted to tell it. And the rest of the questions don’t even matter. I never allowed myself to tell you this story to see if TNA beat the WWE because it never was about that. It was not about being the best, it was about being there. And being ultimately entertaining.

I found it entertaining…I bet you all did too.

So, that’s it.

Finished. Well my part…

Someone else, some other narrator here in my surroundings could continue this someday.

But I fear that it won’t happen…

I give you all my love and regards and thank you all for reading my story.

And I know if I was still alive I would have been part of this as it unfolded on earth. But still it was one hell of a ride from all the way up here.

Regards.

“The Narrator” Owen Hart.

Well I'm sad to see this Diary go as I was really enjoying it but at least it went out strong and didn't slowly fade into nothingness. Anice twist at the end as well as it would have same to pass. So congratulations on a good diary and good luck with anything new you come up with in the future.