Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

TNA Turning Point Info, Firings, Injuries...

In positive news for TNA their Turning Point pay-per-view out performed the previous month's Victory Road, with a 0.93 buyrate in comparison with a 0.85 buyrate. This was also aided by the fact that the attendance was also up a good thousand and PPV revenue was up by a good quarter of a million. This is all good signs for TNA as they attempt to climb the ladder towards the WWE in the world of professional wrestling.

Turning Point 2004 Details...

Overall Show Rating: 68%

PPV Buyrate: 0.93

Attendance: 11,744

Pay-Per-View Revenue: $2,325,000

Ticket Sales: $704,640

E-Mails following Turning Point...

Road Agent - Chris Harris and James Storm work well together as a team, it adds to their matches.

In a dark match before Turning Point Shark Boy picked up an injury to his tricep, he is expected to be out for around two months. The match was a singles encounter between him and Chad Collyer - and Collyer is not in TNA's good books currently for seemingly causing the injury.

Finally TNA true to their word released Team Canada from their contracts this morning: Bobby Roode, Eric Young and Scott D'Amore all were previously informed that they would be released and are said to have parted with TNA on good terms. Petey Williams is set to go alone on TNA and is still under contract. Mr. Aguila has also been released at his request but is expected to make a TNA return in the future in some other discussed plans.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the Prediction Contest results, congratulations go to Steve Corino who won by one point over Miami Vice...

Prediction Contest Results:

(In order of most points scored)

Steve Corino

Match Winners: 3/6

Match Order: 4/7

Show Questions: 5/17

Overall: 12/30

Miami Vice

Match Order: 3/7

Overall: 11/30

Crazybrain:

Match Winners: 5/6

Match Order: 0/7

Overall: 10/30

Ifusmell2100

Show Questions: 3/17

Y2gudge

Match Winners: 5/6

Match Order: 2/7

Jebus

Overall: 8/30

Szumi

Match Order: 1/7

Show Questions: 4/17

The_Monkey_Molester

Match Winners: 2/6

Show Questions: 2/17

Deanitute

Match Winners: 4/6

Match Order: 1/7

Overall: 7/30

Kevin Elliott

Standard

Match Winners: 1/6

Blade 3310

Overall: 6/30

Livid

Overall: 4/30

Da-One-Da-Franchise

Show Questions: 1/17

Overall: 3/30

Nice one Tafka even if i didn't get many right, the XXX and AMW finish was a good move because both teams rock and i think they are equal and both can continue there legacy, i wish monty was in the final. The X division match was awesome. It's looking good Takfa

user posted image

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling:

Impact! Preview – Friday 10th December 2004

This week’s Impact will be the fallout from last Sunday’s top class Turning Point PPV production. It was the show that witnessed Jeff Jarrett’s title reign continue after he and Kevin Nash survived the NWA Championship 5 on 5 Elimination Match, Triple X and AMW brutalize each other to a draw inside the six sides of steel, and Father James Mitchell revealing himself as the mystery man stalking Raven.

But now time moves on with this week’s main event highlighting the return of the New Church to the TNA ring, they will go up against Jeff Hardy and 3 Live Kru in a Handicap 3 on 2 Tag Team Match. And one has got to wonder if Raven will play a part in this match…

Jeff Jarrett, the man who managed to retain his NWA Title last Sunday has this week been granted some interview time from TNA Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes. He is scheduled to appear alongside Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and his monster Abyss – but rumour has it that what he has to say is no where near as ground breaking as what two other people in the ring with him have to announce…

Monty Brown, the Alpha Male is a man who since Turning Point has been possessed – according to family and friends. Like us he knows he was pretty much screwed out of the NWA Title. He has a lot of things to approach this week and we know he will be on Impact.

Both America’s Most Wanted and Triple X have been granted this week off following their brutal steel cage match at Turning Point, but the tag division in TNA lives on despite two of the best and longest teams being unavailable for this week. We will see the New, New York Connection of Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger against the American Patriots in a non-title encounter. Can the team that got Team Canada fired pull off another great win?

Amazing Red makes his return to TNA this week! The high flying ex-X Division champion will be in singles action as he faces the man who lost that very same title at Turning Point, Petey Williams.

Another man not scheduled to be on TNA this week is Johnny B. Badd who is currently still in hospital suffering from facial wounds following Pat Kenney’s horrific attack and transformation back into Simon Diamond at Turning Point. Dusty Rhodes apparently will have an update on Badd’s condition this week.

Also! Kid Kash will be in the house following his loss to Rowdy Roddy Piper at Turning Point…

All this and a lot more will go down this Friday on FSN, on Impact!

Confirmed Matches:

3 on 2 Handicap Tag Team Match

Jeff Hardy and 3 Live Kru vs. The New Church

Non-Championship – Tag Team Match

New York Connection vs. American Patriots

Amazing Red vs. Petey Williams

user posted image

Impact! Spoilers – Friday 10th December 2004

Hey all, I’m Jo from Orlando, Fl. Here is this weeks Impact spoilers for you all. Was a pretty spot on show in my view and should look good on FSN.

Results:

(highlight to reveal)

Jeff Jarrett came out first alongside Hall, Nash and Abyss. He got in the ring and celebrated how he was still champion following Turning Point. He thanked Abyss, Hall and Nash for their help before the Outsiders made a massive announcement. Nash took the microphone and he and Hall announced that tonight was their last night in TNA!! They would be leaving later on! Jarrett seemed very pissed off despite the fact that Nash and Hall said they would probably be back someday and that they still supported the champ. Jarrett stormed to the back alongside Abyss, leaving Nash and Hall in the ring.

Petey Williams def. Amazing Red

Quick 3 minute or so match with Red’s quick offence being countered near enough throughout by Williams, he picked up the win with the Canadian Destroyer before he grabbed a steel pipe from under the ring and attacked Red following the match! TNA Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes came out and told Williams he didn’t want to fire him alongside Team Canada…so he instead suspended Williams for one month!!

Backstage Monty Brown stormed into Randy Savage’s and DDP’s locker room. He went on how Savage took an unfair advantage to eliminate him at Turning Point and it looked like the two men were close to fighting at several points. In the end Savage agreed! He admitted how he knew Brown was the best wrestler in TNA and that he had to take the chance to give him any possibility of becoming champion…The Alpha Male then stormed out leaving DDP and Savage.

Tag Team Match

Kazarian and Shane def. D-Ray 3000 and Sonjay Dutt

Before the match Kazarian and Shane said how they were not happy with being underused on TNA and were now looking to make a big impression on the tag division. They followed this up well with Shane picking up the win over Dutt with his superkick.

Dusty Rhodes then came to the ring again and announced that he had an update on Johnny B. Badd’s condition following Simon Diamond’s Turning Point attack with the Badd Blaster. The news was reasonably good with Badd apparently only having minor facial injuries as a result…but then the NYC’s music came on and Glenn Gilberti came out. He mocked Badd and as a result was placed into a match against him at Final Resolution! And it would be a NEW YORK STREETFIGHT!

A brief video played showing the highlights of the XXX/AMW Six Sides of Steel Cage Match at Turning Point. Of course neither team was actually on Impact in the flesh following the brutal encounter.

Kid Kash was backstage with Shane Douglas, he said how he was not happy to have lost to Piper at Turning Point and blamed Jimmy Snuka for the loss. Kash continued saying how he knew that both Piper and Snuka were given tonight off to allow things to cool…but how that wouldn’t matter. Kash announced he would be waiting next week for Piper and Snuka to arrive – and would then make his next move.

Non-Title – Tag Team Match

New York Connection def. The American Patriots

Of course the New York Connection was now Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger as of Turning Point and they continued from where they left off as tag partners. Diamond rolled up Patriot 2 off the corner of the ring and grabbed the tights, and the ropes to guarantee the three count win for the new Tag Champions.

Then we were taken to the parking lot on the video screen. There was a limo and Nash and Hall were standing alongside it with their suitcases. They jumped in the limo and rode off into the night as Jarrett came into shot with Abyss still following him like a sheep. He turned around to leave…and walked into Monty Brown! Brown demanded a title shot and Jarrett stepped behind Abyss. Jarrett said he would think about it before he and Abyss stalked off into the night…

Jeff Hardy and 3 Live Kru def. The New Church

A decent return for the New Church and they wrestled so that you would basically not have noticed the numbers advantage against them. They controlled the match until Slash made a mistake and knocked Sinn off the apron…Hardy then gave him a Senton Bomb and picked up the three count. But following the match Father James Mitchell climbed into the ring…and shot a couple of fireballs into both BG James and Ron Killings!

Sinn and Slash then stomped down on the now iscolated Hardy in the ring…and Raven ran down from the back! He slid into the ring as the New Church scampered to the outside. Raven helped up Hardy to his feet…AND EVENFLOWED HIM! Mitchell celebrated on the outside before he and the New Church climbed back into the ring! Raven took a microphone and announced that everyone on TNA was seeing the start of the new Revolution, the New Church was no longer, and the New Flock now exists!

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

I'm really digging this diary it's very well written and realistic. I like how the match write ups for Impact are short and to the point and the PPV matches are detailed. The buildup to Turning Point was great, and I love the swerve at the end of the last show. However there's one pet peeve of mine and that it's called the Evenflow not the Evanflow. Sorry it just irks me.

Sorry it took so long, I've been busy with exams and such.

I really enjoyed Turning Point. Most of the matches were fun to read and the outcomes made sense for the most part. I'm disapointed to see Team Canada go since they have been playing such a huge role in TNA for a while now. I hope you're able to move forward with out them smoothly.

I figured Jarrett would retain and I'm hoping you don't have him face Savage for the title. No matter how over Savage may or may not be he can't work anymore.

I'd like to see Nash and Hall get in on the tag title picture, they would bring some real credability to that division.

Good luck and keep things going!

Edited by Miami Vice

I have made the Evenflow changes throughout the diary now, glad thats cleared up and thanks for pointing it out.

TNA's continuation following Turning Point started off with the new owners making pitches to television networks with the intrest to expand to two weekly television shows. Not to mention a setback from the original that broke them in to the mainstream...

- The Narrator

TNA Push to the future...And Nearly Ruin The Past!

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (aka TNA) today was deep in conversation with numerous national television networks in the United States with intrest in expanding its wrestling product from one show to two shows a week.

Currently "Impact!" is holding it's own on FSN with its domination in the Friday night Primetime slot from 8pm till 10pm, and that current trend is set to continue with TNA starting to provide a real alternative to the highly successful WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment). Previous negotations with Fox last month about a second show stalled for TNA while the TV network looked into an offer from the direct competition (WWE) - but now after no deal came to light there they are said to be back in the hunt alongside other networks like MTV.

However despite their primary weekly show's success TNA came very close this past week to shooting themselves in the foot when they proposed a wrestling storyline to FSN to see if it was "acceptable to the network" - it wasn't and caused a full scale argument between the two companies. Luckily the situation has cooled down now and the soon -to-kick-off storyline is set to be watered down in order to keep FSN happy with what is shown on their network.

user posted image

Impact! Results – Friday 10th December 2004

A highlights package showing the best moments of Turning Point opened this week’s Impact before fading out on the image of Jarrett and Nash celebrating in the ring following their successful title defence for Jarrett.

Jeff Jarrett’s Interview, Nash and Halls Announcement!

Impact opened properly however with the NWA Champion making his way down to the ring alongside Abyss, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. The four men who had in their own way aided Jarrett to a successful title defence at last Sunday’s Turning Point. Jarrett took a microphone as his music died down…

Jeff Jarrett: Oh you people can boo me all the hell you want! That stuff doesn’t affect me because I only care about my NWA title, and I am still the champion following last Sunday’s 5 on 5 elimination tag match. There were five men opposite me and one man “alongside” me who wanted what is mine, who wanted the gold. But guys, you couldn’t cut it, you couldn’t defeat me and take this NWA Heavyweight Championship from me! I am the best thing here on TNA, I have the best strategy, I have the best skills…I am the rightful Champion.

Jarrett smiled and turned around to face the other three men in the ring…

Jeff Jarrett: But you guys really helped me out, without you I would have struggled in that match for sure. So I just want to say thank you, Abyss, Scott, Kevin. And finally for all you guys in the back…you all were losers, now none of you guys have a case to challenge me…

Jarrett’s music started to play around the arena as he raised his title above him in the air, but quickly Nash took the microphone and interrupted the celebrations.

Kevin Nash: You know Jeff, me and Scott have been lookin’ after you back for a while now…

The crowd cheered as they thought they knew what was coming next…

Kevin Nash: But now me and Scott have got to do somethin’ for ourselves. So tonight is our last night in TNA. We are leavin’ to go elsewhere…to get back on the road.

Jarrett looked on in disbelief as Hall took the microphone…

Scott Hall: Hey Jeff, don’ take it personally man! Me and Nash? We are outsiders by nature! It’s time for me and Big Kev to go elsewhere…

Jarrett shook his head before taking back the microphone from Hall.

Jeff Jarrett: You guys surprise me, I never expected you two to do anything like this to me. I never expected you two to give up on the cause to keep me champion…but I guess you guys have got to do what you’ve got to do.

Kevin Nash: Jeff, this ain’t no end bro…

Jeff Jarrett: Yeah? Well it feels like one…

The champion signalled to Abyss and both men left the ring leaving Hall and Nash behind…they were going to be leaving TNA tonight and Double J was not happy about it!

87%

-: commercial break :-

Amazing Red vs. Petey Williams

On returning from the commercial break Petey Williams made his way down to the ring – with no music and minus any Canada attire (probably due to Team Canada getting fired at Turning Point). Amazing Red then made his TNA return as he came out to a top-rate response from the crowd inside the Impact arena. He locked up with Williams as the match got underway and was thrown off the ropes as the ex-X Division champion attempted to stop Red from gaining any of his quick offence. This proved difficult as Red reversed a sidebuster attempt into a spinning hurricarana before picking up a quick two count over Williams. But the man who lost his championship at Turning Point seemed to have a more evil streak than of late…he grabbed Red by the head and shoved him face-first into a turnbuckle before nailing the Canadian Destroyer and making the cover, 1…2…3. Williams had won…but he was not finished there. He went to the outside of the ring and reached under the ring – pulling out a steel pipe! Referee Andrew Thomas attempted to stop the seemingly possessed Williams as he slid back into the ring and cracked Red over the head with the pipe! He then choked him out with the weapon as officials ran down from the back and attempted to pull him off. Dusty Rhodes also came down from the back with a microphone…

Dusty Rhodes: Petey Williams! I chose out of the goodness of ma heart not to fire you afta Turning Point. You could have gone with Team Canada! I could have shoved you out of the TNA door, but I did not! I respected you as a wrestler for what you brought to TNA, but now! You go and pull this bull crap! I have no choise Petey Williams! YOU’RE SUSPENDED PETEY WILLIAMS! FOR ONE MONTH!

The crowd cheered as officials pushed Williams off Red and told him to get to the back. TNA’s Director of Authority had put his foot down and Williams was now suspended for one month!

Winner: Petey Williams

Time: 3:11

Match Rating: ***1/4

74% - 58% - 91%

An Alpha Confrontation

Attention turned backstage as Williams was being led away from the ring…it was Monty Brown! He was stalking around the backstage area of the arena and had a look of sheer anger in his eyes…Brown turned a corner and slammed a door open, he came face to face with DDP and the Macho Man!

Monty Brown: This is where you been hiding! I have been lookin’ for you all day Savage! I have got something I need to get off my chest!

Savage removed his black glasses before looking Brown right in his eyes…

Monty Brown: Last Sunday, you made a BIG ALPHA SIZED mistake! You Randy Savage, Macho Man! Took advantage of my situation to put me out of the 5 on 5 match for the NWA Title! You didn’t have to! But YOU DID!

Brown was edging towards Savage with every angry comment he made and DDP had to put an arm across Savage to make him step back a bit.

Monty Brown: What have you gotta say about that!

Randy Savage: I have got something to say about that! Oh yeah does the Macho Man have something to say about that!!! I did take advantage, I did see Nash screw you, I did head to the top and drop the elbow of doom on you! BUT I HAD TO DO IT! You are good Monty Brown! You are the best wrestler here! And if the Macho Man had any chance of becoming the champion again, He…No! I needed you out of the match!

The Alpha Male grunted before turning around and heading back out of the door again, he was not happy. Savage put his glasses back on and sat down as DDP took a deep breath.

75% - Randy Savage lost 2 points of overness from this segment.

Tag Team Match

Shane and Kazarian vs. Sonjay Dutt and D-Ray 3000

Back out at ringside Michael Shane and Frankie Kazarian were both in the ring ready for tag team action. However Kazarian had a microphone in hand as their music faded out.

Kazarian: You people are in for a treat tonight! It has become a rare event to see me, Frankie, The Future, Kazarian and Michael Shane in action here on Impact. We have been overlooked week after week after week! For crying out loud we are two ex X-Division champions! We deserve respect, we deserve a chance to prove ourselves as a team. And tonight that begins!

Shane grabbed the microphone.

Shane: Tonight begins our time to make an impression, an impact on everyone here in TNA. Watch out, there’s a new generation coming through…

Their opponents D-Ray 3000 and Sonjay Dutt then made their way down to the ring for the match to begin. But Shane and Kazarian did not start off too well as Kazarian was whipped off the ropes by Dutt and nailed with a snapmere that slid him to the outside of the ring with the velocity! Dutt then springed into action quite literally as he ran and dove over the top ropes into Kazarian! The referee headed to the outside of the ring to stop Shane from getting involved as Dutt eventually rolled Kazarian back into the ring. He made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. Kazarian then fought back and following a rake to the eyes made the tag to Shane! D-Ray was meanwhile stretching for a tag…but to no avail as Dutt turned around away from his partner and got nailed with a superkick! 1…2…3. The New Generation of Kazarian and Shane had won and they both celebrated in the ring as Impact went to a commercial break.

Winners: Shane and Kazarian

Time: 5:04

Match Rating: **

64% - 50% - 79%

Dusty Rhodes – An Update

Dusty Rhodes was back out in the ring again as Impact returned from the break and he had something else to say. Tenay and West speculated this could be the update on Johnny B. Badd.

Dusty Rhodes: Last Sunday at Turning Point we all saw the absolutttly hideous actions from Simon Diamond. But I don’t wanna talk about that with ya. I want to tell you all that Johnny B. Badd has had a lucky escape, his injuries are only very minor and he is expected back in TNA soon!! Johnny B. Badd onli has minor facial injuries thank God! This incident could have been a’hell of a lot worse.

Glenn Gilberti then walked onto the Impact stage alongside the NYC’s music and with a microphone in hand. He didn’t even wait for his music to stop as he started to speak…

Glenn Gilberti: Dusty, Dusty, please shut that oversized cakehole of yours. No one cares about Johnny No Friends, Johnny V. Crap or B. Badd or whatever the hell he is called! He is a poor excuse for a wrestler and no-one including, the NYC and the fans care about what happened to him, or what is gonna happen to him! Dusty, you should be worrying about the New York Connection, not about some poor, defenceless wrestler who can’t protect himself from a gimmicked cannon! TNA is not a place for people like that. This is wrestling, this ain’t no happy family…

Dusty Rhodes: Glenn, shut the hell up!! It just so happens that I am thinking about the NYC, I am thinkin’ right now how the NYC are the responsible party for this! And as you are the leader of that little group Glenn?! You are responsible!

The crowd cheered as Gilberti shouted “So!?!” numerous times down to Dusty.

Dusty Rhodes: So! You Glenn Gilberti will FIGHT JOHNNY B. BADD at Final Resolution!!

Gilberti looked annoyed before he turned to speak again…

Dusty Rhodes: No Glenn, its ma time to speak. And just to make it seem a bit fairer to ya…it’s a NEW YORK STREETFIGHT!

Once again the crowd burst into cheers as Gilberti stormed off stage and the Director of Authority’s music started to play. Dusty had made the first match for Final Resolution, Gilberti, Badd in a New York Streetfight!

65%

Six Sides of Steel – Highlight Video

A highlight video from Turning Point played, it was titled: “Six Sides of Steel – AMW vs. XXX” and showed every point of interest from the match. The video ended with referee Mike Posey throwing the match out following the final bumps from the top of the cage and a close up on all four men’s destroyed bodies on the mat.

62%

Kid Kash Interview

The video ended and Shane Douglas was standing by with Kid Kash and Dallas.

Shane Douglas: Kid Kash, last Sunday you against your word lost to Rowdy Roddy Piper…

Kid Kash: No I didn’t.

Shane Douglas: But you did…you lost the match!

Kid Kash: Oh well why didn’t you say that! I lost the match, yes I did that but hell I didn’t lose to Rowdy Roddy Piper. If you were actually watching Shane Douglas rather than sleeping around in the back with your sisters and cousins you would have seen that I lost to Piper and Jimmy Snuka in an unfair handicap situation. I didn’t lose to just Piper, he had to bring that old, wrinkly Samoan in to finish the job for him.

Shane Douglas:

Kid Kash: And hey! You’ve said all you need to Shane Douglas! I only have a few things left that need saying ok? Dusty. I know you gave Piper and Snuka the night off to let things cool down, but you must realize that won’t matter. Because I will be waiting next week, and as soon as they walk into the arena? – I do something I will enjoy doing, I will take them out…and then we will see who the true loser is Piper!

Kash shoved past Douglas and walked off backstage as Dallas smirked and followed.

65%

Non Championship – Tag Team Match

New York Connection vs. the American Patriots

Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger came down to the ring first to the biggest boos of the night, both men though ignored the crowd and went into their first tag match together for a while against the undefeated American Patriots. Swinger started against Patriot 2 and it was the later that took the early advantage with a series of cunning take downs off the ropes that proved to frustrate the tag champs. This offence culminated with Patriot 2 countering a backdrop into a crossbody and making a cover, 1…2…and the kick out from Swinger. He stretched and made the tag to Diamond as Patriot 2 made his way back onto his feet. The rejuvenated Diamond swung a right hand into Patriot 2 which knocked him onto the mat as the over 6 foot Patriot 1 angled his arm into the ring. The Patriots made the tag and Patriot 1 nailed Diamond and Swinger with running big boots off the ropes before pulling up the later and throwing him to the outside of the ring. Patriot 2 was now back in the ring as he and his partner pulled up Diamond for the Golden Eagle double team move! But Diamond rolled out of it and threw Patriot 1 to the outside of the ring! Patriot 2 dove off the top rope, but was caught and thrown into the corner! Diamond rolled him up and grabbed the tights and the ropes! 1…2…3! He wasn’t even the legal man but the New York Connection had won this match! The ref had not seen the illegal use of the ropes! Diamond and Swinger were not hanging around however and quickly made their way to the back as the Patriots looked on from the ring. They had lost their first match on TNA…

Winners: New York Connection

Time: 7:43

Match Rating: *1/2

62% - 49% - 75% - The fans were confused by the gimmick change of Simon Diamond so soon after his last one.

Goodbye…

Backstage Kevin Nash and Scott Hall were shown loading their luggage into their limo. After a final brief look back at the arena they climbed into the back and were driven away into the darkness of the night. As the tires screeched Jarrett came into shot, it seemed like he had been running. Abyss was in pursuit and stopped behind the NWA Champion as he kicked the ground…He wasn’t happy that Hall and Nash were gone.

Jarrett turned to leave and walked straight into Monty Brown!

Monty Brown: Jeff, you and your buddies screwed me over at Turning Point!

Jarrett backed behind Abyss…

Jeff Jarrett: Hey Monty, hang on a moment, um…

Monty Brown: No excuses Jarrett, I don’t want no bull from you! All I want is my title shot!

The Alpha Male stepped forward as Abyss stopped him from going any further. The two monsters were face to face as Jarrett looked worried standing behind the masked machine Abyss.

Jeff Jarrett: Monty, I’ll think about it, leave it for now…come on Abyss.

Jarrett guided Abyss back away from Brown as they both made their exits…

Monty Brown: I want my title shot Jeff! Remember that!!

82% - Monty Brown gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

The New Church vs. Jeff Hardy and the 3 Live Kru

The main event for Impact saw the returning New Church go up against the 3 Live Kru of BG James and Ron Killings, and Jeff Hardy in a Handicap Tag match. Sinn started the match against Hardy and took the early advantage with some stiff fists and a knee off the ropes. He then focused on Hardy’s previously hurt head from Turning Point and slammed the Charismatic Enigma head-first into the top turnbuckle a few times. He then made the tag to Slash as James and Killings held their arms out ready to be tagged into the contest. Father James Mitchell on the outside of the ring looked on with delight as Slash and Sinn threw Hardy off the ropes and nailed him with a double clothesline. Slash then made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. Hardy from there fought his way back into the match. He raked Slash in the eyes and threw him into the corner before running over and nailing a springboard monkey toss! Slash though was on top form and countered a Twist of Fate attempt into a neckbreaker before locking in an armbar. Hardy struggled around before breaking out of the hold and throwing Slash across the ring into his partner! Sinn was knocked off the apron and Hardy delivered a scoop slam to Slash. He then climbed onto the top rope, Senton Bomb! Hardy hooked the leg, 1…2…3! The match was over! The New Church had been defeated! FJM was not happy on the outside of the ring as the 3 Live Kru joined Hardy to celebrate in the ring.

Winners: Jeff Hardy and the 3 Live Kru

Time: 8:32

Match Rating: *

62% - 56% - 68% - Sinn debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response. Slash debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response.

Reality…From the Crazed Mind

But now Father James Mitchell was in the ring behind the celebrations! He held his arm out and opened his hand…FIREBALL! It nailed both members of the 3 Live Kru! Killings and James were down and rolling in pain! They eventually rolled to the outside of the ring holding their burnt faces! And now Sinn and Slash jumped Hardy from behind! The New Church were beating the hell out of Hardy on the mat, and his partners were down. This handicap situation had just turned from 3 on 2 to 2 on 1! BUT WAIT! Raven ran down from the back!!! He slid into the ring as Sinn, Slash and Mitchell made a quick exit to ringside…

Raven pulled Hardy back onto his feet as the crowd cheered…BUT WAIT! RAVEN EVENFLOWED HARDY!! What in the hell was going on!?! The New Church were celebrating on the outside of the ring?! Raven just stared at Hardy – who was down on the mat not moving…

There was a long pause for the staring before Mitchell climbed back into the ring and turned to Raven. He passed him a microphone…Raven looked up at the booing crowd and started to speak…

Raven: All you people here tonight are witnesses to the start of a revolution here on TNA! This is the beginning of something great. The New Church…is no longer. But now!!! The NEW FLOCK EXISTS!

Raven slammed down the microphone and continued to stare at Hardy as Impact went off the air…

82% - Father James Mitchell gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Overall Show Rating: 71%

Overall Television Rating: 3.87

Attendance: 4,014

Ticket Sales: $160,560

E-Mails following Impact:

Sophie - We won the head-to-head with High Impact in the ratings!

Road Agent - Petey Williams and Amazing Red work pretty well together due to their similar styles.

Glenn Gilberti then walked onto the Impact stage alongside the NYC’s music and with a microphone in hand. He didn’t even wait for his music to stop as he started to speak…

Glenn Gilberti: Dusty, Dusty, please shut that oversized cakehole of yours. No one cares about Johnny No Friends, Johnny V. Crap or B. Badd or whatever the hell he is called! He is a poor excuse for a wrestler and no-one including, the NYC and the fans care about what happened to him, or what is gonna happen to him! Dusty, you should be worrying about the New York Connection, not about some poor, defenceless wrestler who can’t protect himself from a gimmicked cannon! TNA is not a place for people like that. This is wrestling, this ain’t no happy family…

Sorry for the delay with any replies recently, it's been hell at work with it being Christmas at all - but I've got a couple of days now and two half shows to finish for the next two weeks Impacts. Including a Christmas Special, which is "intresting"...

Happy Christmas everyone,

Your Narrator here with a latest TNA update, not of the Impact varity unfortinatly but some intresting news that has come out over the last few days...

Hall and Nash to Return? Konnan back from rehab, TNA Wrestlers

With Kevin Nash and Scott Hall leaving TNA on Impact last week the wrestling community was unsure of what their status was within the company, but today it was revealed that both Hall and Nash are expected to return to TNA in the future. They both over-furfilled their appearences agreement and are said to be very happy to return to the company after taking a break.

Meanwhile Konnan has already been discharged from rehab, he is apparently doing very well and has been penciled in for a return to TNA in the New Year. Rumors have it that he will not be placed back with the 3 Live Kru on his return and will go a different direction with his character. Konnan has already thanked his fans for all the support he got during the most difficult time of his life and has also said he wants to repay it with good performances in the ring.

Finally TNA is said to be currently suffering with a lack of wrestlers on their roster. The current count is 49 wrestlers and managers while they want to raise the number by another three superstars. If I was to take a guess we can expect to see some returning X-Division stars and more known wrestlers in the near future.

user posted image

Impact! Preview – Friday 17th December 2004

The main news heading into this week’s Impact show is that both America’s Most Wanted and Triple X have been cleared and will be returning to TNA…But no one knows what these two teams will do now following their Steel Cage match at Turning Point. No one knows what the future holds for these two teams, maybe we will find out this Friday on FSN!

Last week Raven gave the wrestling world the ultimate swerve when he changed his mind on his decision about Father James Mitchell’s offer of guidance and aligned himself with the New Church to create the New Flock – unfortunately for Jeff Hardy who happened to be the pawn in the whole situation…

Raven and Mitchell are two men who are never quiet and are expected to come out and address the crowd about what happened last week and what the future is for the New Flock.

Scott Hall and Kevin Nash last week made their exits from TNA – against the wishes of NWA Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett. Now they are gone Jarrett is just left with Abyss at his side…and could be seen as an easier target. Dusty Rhodes has announced that he will be making an announcement about Double J’s title this week and no doubt it will relate to TNA’s first Pay-Per-View of 2005, Final Resolution.

Will this announcement include the man who last week prowled the backstage area of the Impact arena trying to prove to everyone that he was the right man for a title shot? Monty Brown will be on Impact this week…

Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka are marked men this week after Kid Kash announced last week that he would be waiting for the two legends to arrive at Impact this Friday. Piper has already personally told the TNA office he and the Superfly will be at Impact this week…but will he actually show? And if he does, what is waiting for him?

Meanwhile in-ring action on Impact this week will see the new generation of Kazarian and Shane take on the American Patriots in tag team action, Chris Sabin defend his X-Division Title against OK Revolution and a 6-Man Tag Team match with the NYC facing Sonjay Dutt, D-Ray 3000 and the returning Erik Watts!

Make sure you tune in Friday on FSN!

Confirmed Matches:

TNA X-Division Championship

Chris Sabin © vs. OK Revolution

6-Man Tag Team Match

New York Connection vs. Erik Watts, D-Ray 3000 and Sonjay Dutt

Tag Team Match

Kazarian and Shane vs. the American Patriots

user posted image

Impact! Spoilers – Friday 17th December 2004

IMPACT BABY! I’m CJ and I travelled from Tampa to see this show, and it was f*cking awesome! Really built to Final Res in January, just f*cking awesome!

Results:

Rhodes came out first (jn a Christmas Hat) and announced that next week it was the Christmas Eve TNA Christmas Special. He then stated how he had used his power to book on next week’s show the greatest ever grudge match! Santa Claus against Frosty the Snowman! He then said also as another treat the TNA superstars will be having a Christmas lucky dip with many prizes up for grabs, these prizes could be…title shots on the show, gifts or some other surprises! He then wished everyone an advanced merry Christmas before…

AMW’s music hit around the arena! They then walked out onto the stage before revealing…XXX who were following them out and down to the ring! Wildcat Chris Harris got on the microphone and told Dusty that AMW and XXX are not happy that their year and a half feud ended in a draw at Turning Point. And that both teams wanted the whole situation to end with one winner…so they wanted the final match tonight on Impact! Dusty agreed! He then booked the main event…The Final Encounter Tag Team Match, AMW vs. Triple X! TONIGHT!

TNA X-Division Championship Match

Chris Sabin def. OK Revolution

It was Sabin and Revolution’s first appearances since Turning Point and both men put on a decent match with OK Revolution looking like he was going to steal the win at certain points. In the end he came off the top rope and was caught by Sabin into the Future Shock for the win. Good X-Division match from these two.

There was then a lengthy pause before Rowdy Roddy Piper came down to the ring alongside Jimmy Snuka, and this almost immediately drew out Kid Kash and Dallas. Kash wondered how the hell Piper and Snuka got into the arena before Piper tells him that he has had enough of silly games. He wants this thing to return to wrestling and Piper then challenges Kash and Dallas to a tag team match against him and Snuka at Final Resolution, to provide a conclusion. They agreed and Kash says he won’t loose twice against Piper before leaving.

Tag Team Match

Shane and Kazarian def. American Patriots

Shane and Kazarian won this encounter after the Patriots made the mistake of not pinning following their Golden Eagle double-team move. Instead Patriot 1 made the tag to Patriot 2 on the apron and got knocked down from behind by Kazarian as Shane pulled himself up and nailed the stunned Patriot 2 with a superkick. He made the cover and won the match for the “New Generation” to win their second match for the second week running. Good match, Shane and Kazarian could go far in the tag division looking at this performance.

Raven then led the New Flock down to the ring and once there he got on the microphone. Raven said that he and the New Flock are the most unstoppable force on TNA and that they will stop at nothing to complete his destiny to become NWA Champion. Mitchell then takes a microphone and tells Raven he has compiled a list of the men that Raven needed to take out on his road to destiny. He then stated how the “Charismatic Enigma” was the first man on that list…Raven promised to make Hardy’s blood spill as he takes that first turn to Destiny…

But the 3 Live Kru come out and tell Raven that what he done to Hardy was wrong. Mitchell tells BG James and Ron Killings that they are also on the road to destiny as Slash and Sinn start beating them down in the aisle! Hardy comes through the crowd and climbs into the ring! He jumps Raven from behind and goes up for the Senton Bomb – but gets down and heads to ringside as Raven gets back up. The New Flock recuperate in the ring as Hardy helps up the 3 Live Kru on the outside…Raven then got on the stick again and told Mitchell, Slash and Sinn that they were gonna take out three men on the list with one throw – at Final Resolution, in a 6-MAN TAG TEAM RAVEN’S CLOCKWORK ORANGE HOUSE OF FUN MATCH! HELL YEAH! Hardy nodded as Raven signed off with his signature, “Quote the Raven…Nevermore!”

6-Man Tag Team Match

New York Connection def. Sonjay Dutt, D-Ray 3000 and Erik Watts

I guess a commercial break will go here as there is another long break before some 6-Man Tag Team action. Erik Watts came out first and got a reasonable response seeing as he hadn’t been seen in over a month…in the match however the NYC came together well and Simon Diamond pinned D-Ray 3000 following Watts nailing his own partner with a big boot! The NYC then celebrated all the way to the back as Watts, D-Ray and Dutt looked on from the ring.

AMW were then shown warming up in the back before the cameras then also showed XXX, the main event wasn’t far away now!

The action then came back out to the ring as Jeff Jarrett alongside Abyss was interviewed by Mike Tenay. Double J said once again that no-one on TNA deserved a title shot against him…but then Dusty Rhodes came down with his Christmas Hat still on and he said he disagreed with Jarrett. Rhodes said that champions are always targets and that he has a decision to make over two men who deserve to face Jarrett for his title at Final Resolution…Monty Brown and Randy Savage. The TNA Director of Authority thought for a moment before saying that he will have his decision on next week’s show. At that point Monty Brown’s music hit and the Alpha Male stormed the ring! But Abyss stopped him from getting to Double J and he took Brown over the top rope to the outside of the ring – where they continued to brawl. Rhodes and Tenay scattered as Jarrett looked on from the ring to Brown and Abyss slogging it out on the outside. BUT THEN THE MACHO MAN CLIMBED INTO THE RING! Savage had come through the crowd! He took down Jarrett with a Scoop Slam before nailing the elbow off the top rope! Savage held the title above his head as Brown nailed Abyss with the Pounce on the outside of the ring…there was the staredown! Savage and Brown were staring at each other before the Alpha Male made his way to the back…

Tag Team Match

Triple X def. America’s Most Wanted

Another long pause out at ringside before it was time for the main event. They will have to time the breaks to perfection on the taped version with all these pauses between segments or else it will look a bit crap. Jeremy Borash announced as both teams were in the ring that this match would not have a time-limit!! That guaranteed it to go longer than ten minutes, and I lost count about how long the show was currently. In the end it was a top-rate match with lots of near falls before a busted open James Storm (he was busted open on an exposed turnbuckle) was given the Power Plex for XXX to win the match at around twenty-five minutes!

Great main event! And following the match AMW and XXX celebrated in the ring before Harris and Storm started to make their way to the back. But then Daniels took out Skipper in the ring with the Angel’s Wings!! He started to beat down on his partner before AMW made the save! XXX looked finished! Why in the hell did Daniels do that!? And Borash then thanked us for coming to the show. It was my fav Impact for a while now! Decent or what!!

Abismo Negro and Vampiro to TNA!

NWA TNA Today announced that they had signed Abismo Negro and Vampiro to their federation on two different deals in order to bolster their roster of wrestlers.

Vampiro has been signed on an open contract where he will be paid from show to show and has already been informed his run in the company will be a small one.

However Abismo Negro is the opposite and has been signed to a three year written deal with a long-term push on the cards for the AAA star.

Vampiro is not expected to debut until closer to Final Resolution while Abismo Negro is set to go as soon as next week.

user posted image

Impact! Results – Friday 17th December 2004

Impact opened with a highlights package from last weeks show. It stated all of the events which had occurred leading up to Raven’s alignment with the New Church…and the announcement that the New Church is dead and the New Flock now exists…

Dusty’s Festive Announcement

But as Impact went from the video into the arena it was the American Dream Dusty Rhodes – TNA’s Director of Authority who was making his way down to the ring. He was wearing a Christmas hat over the top of his normal cowboy headgear and looked in a festive mood as he took a microphone.

Dusty Rhodes: I’m out here if you will…to talk to y’all about next weeks Impact show! Because as ya can tell by ma hat Christmas is a coming! And here in TNA there is nooooooooo exception to that. So, being the TNA Director of Authority I have used my bookin’ powers to make next week…the TNA Impact Christmas Special!!! And that’s notta mention thee greatest grudge match in TNA history!! I have used ma connections to make the best ever grudge match in TNA! So, next week! Father Christmas, Santa Claus will step into this ring against Frosty the Snowman!!!

A few cheers came out around the arena as Dusty continued…

Dusty Rhodes: But it gets better than that!!! Cause I have alota wrestlers in the back who deserve somethin’ special next week! A Christmas present from the American Dream! So, you all will have a go in ma’ lucky dip! There will be prizes up for grabs, title shots, presents, and other surprises! So MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE – and we will all see ya next week for the X-Mas Impact Special! See you then!

Rhodes put down the microphone and went to leave…but was stopped when America’s Most Wanted’s music hit around the Impact arena! And out walked Chris Harris and James Storm!! The crowd went wild – they were back after the brutal steel cage match against Triple X at Turning Point. But it didn’t stop there as they stopped at the top of the ramp and pointed around them…to TRIPLE X! They were also here! Daniels, Skipper, Harris and Storm all made their way down into the ring as Rhodes picked up his microphone again…

71% - Frosty the Snowman gained 3 points of overness from this segment. Santa Claus gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

The Request!

Chris Harris took a microphone from the timekeepers table as Rhodes looked on. Both teams then climbed into the ring as the Wildcat started to speak.

Chris Harris: Dusty! As you can tell AMW and Triple X are back, and we are back wanting justice. We are back wanting a final conclusion – because no-one got that at Turning Point. We want a final encounter Dusty, and we want that final encounter TONIGHT!

The biggest cheer ever heard around the Impact arena then went up – with many fans standing up and voicing their opinion. Dusty took a look around before talking…

Dusty Rhodes: Is that what you people want to see!!

This brought up more cheers!

Dusty Rhodes: It’s a done deal then! TONIGHT in the main event! AMW, Triple X! THE FINAL ENCOUNTER!

Rhodes shook hands with Harris, Storm, Daniels and Skipper before he headed to the back. Tonight in the main event it would be America’s Most Wanted against Triple X!

66%

Chris Sabin © vs. OK Revolution

It was Chris Sabin’s first X-Division defence since he won the gold at Turning Point, and his opponent was the Japanese youngster OK Revolution – who had agreed to stay around following that event…and it was the challenger who took the early advantage in the match as he took down Sabin with numerous attacks off the ropes. Revolution then went onto the top rope and came off with his Super Reverb Super Splash finishing move! But Sabin just managed to pull himself under the bottom rope to the floor to miss the move…as Revolution rolled about in pain Sabin slid back into the ring and made the cover, 1…2…Kick out! And from there the champion always looked favourite to retain his gold as he worked over his opponent. This culminated with Revolution temporarily getting back into the contest and heading onto the top rope, as he jumped off Sabin caught him and re-adjusted Revolution into the Future Shock for the win! Sabin was still X-Division champion but quickly headed off backstage as the referee helped Revolution back onto his feet.

Winner: Chris Sabin

Time: 5:51

Match Rating: ***1/4

57% - 34% - 95% - OK Revolution debuted his new gimmick, it got a negative response. The TNA X Division Championship title has gained in image.

A promo video for TNA’s next Pay-Per-View: Final Resolution played. It featured all of the main TNA stars and a few highlights from Turning Point…

Piper and Snuka’s Time

The video finished and the show went back to the ringside area…as Rowdy Roddy Piper’s music hit! The bagpipes played the Piper and Jimmy Snuka down to the ring as the crowd looked on – surprised that Piper and Snuka were actually there!

Rowdy Roddy Piper: Well here we are Kid Kash! Piper and the Superfly! You last week said how you would be waiting for us to arrive tonight…but me and Jimmy didn’t see the welcoming party we expected! All that we have realized through this is that you can run your mouth Kash, you can run your mouth good! But you can’t back up any of that trash that comes out of your mouth!

Kid Kash walked out onto the stage alongside Dallas…

Kid Kash: Wo! Wo! Wo old man! Don’t go saying stupid stuff to the K-I-D because I will walk down that ring and slap your false teeth out of your mouth!

Snuka said something to Piper off the microphone as Kash continued…

Kid Kash: Hell Rowdy Roddy Piper! I am surprised at you and the Superfly! Firsty, I did not expect you two to show your elderly faces anywhere apart from the retirement home ever again. And secondly, I did not expect to see you out here if you did. With me and Dallas waiting out the back we expected to see you as roadkill the moment you both arrived!

Kash let out a half-hearted laugh.

Rowdy Roddy Piper: Kid Kash, I have had enough of your stupid little mind games you little Punk! I want this thing to be settled here in the ring, in a wrestling match – not in another one of your sessions on the microphone. So I have a challenge for you! You want to beat this Piper in the ring?! You will have the chance at Final Resolution. And seeing as you have that Dallas creature alongside you, and I have the legendary Jimmy Snuka alongside me – why don’t we make it a tag team match! What do you say to that Kid Kash!

Kid Kash: Bingo! It seems like Piper you haven’t gone senile in your old age. You still have enough grip on reality to think straight! Me and Dallas…we agree, Oh! And Piper. I WON’T be beaten twice by YOU!

Kash’s music hit around the arena as he turned away and went down the entranceway to the backstage area. This left Piper and Snuka in the ring talking as Impact went to a break.

52% - Kid Kash lost 2 points of overness from this segment. Rowdy Roddy Piper lost 2 points of overness from this segment.

Tag Team Match

The American Patriots vs. Kazarian and Shane

The second match for this evening’s Impact saw the American Patriots go up against Frankie Kazarian and Michael Shane in tag team action. And it was Kazarian and Patriot 1 who started the match – with the “New Generation” taking the early advantage following a series of mat-based take downs from Kazarian. He then caught Patriot 1 with a DDT and made the first cover of the match, 1…2…Kick out. But that manoeuvre seemingly lit a fire under Patriot 1 as he ducked a clothesline attempt and gave Kazarian a spinebuster. Shane broke up the pin and was subsequently thrown to the floor by Patriot 1 as his shorter tag team partner joined him in the ring. The Patriots scored with the Golden Eagle on Shane as he fought his way back into the ring – but didn’t make the pin and instead repositioned themselves so that Patriot 2 could tag himself into the contest. Kazarian however then jumped Patriot 1 from behind and knocked him through the ropes. Shane nailed a superkick on the stunned Patriot 2! 1…2…3! The “New Generation” had defeated the Patriots! They celebrated their win in the ring as the American Patriots on the outside thought about two losses two weeks running. The two teams then started to make their way to the back as the lights went out around the arena…

Winners: Kazarian and Shane

Time: 4:04

Match Rating: **

59% - 52% - 80%

The New Flock

Eventually a spotlight came up in the rafters revealing the New Flock on a high balcony in the corner of the Impact arena…it was very similar to Raven’s nest from the old TNA Nashville arena.

Raven: The Raven, The New Flock, together we have made our first creation…a nest high above the arena, high above the ring. My perch alongside Father James Mitchell, Slash and Sinn where I keep a beady eye on whoever steps into the Impact zone…

For you see I am the Raven, I am THE GOD, I am the one who keeps watch over everyone…while plotting my patch to my Destiny…

Raven then signalled for his Flock to follow as they made their way down a staircase and down to the actual ring. Once there Raven continued to speak…

Raven: Now we have our mark, we have nothing that can stop us! The Raven, the New Flock, the UNSTOPPABLE FORCE ON TNA! We will stop at nothing to walk the path to my Destiny…to my Destiny of becoming the champion.

Raven then passed the microphone over to Mitchell who reached into his pocket and removed a piece of paper…

Father James Mitchell: Raven! I agree entirely with your statements! And here I have compiled a list of the men who stand in your way on your path to…destiny. And it just so happens Raven, the first man on the list is the man who you left dead on this mat last week…the first man on your road to destiny! Jeff Hardy!

Raven snatched back the microphone.

Raven: James Mitchell, you please me…Hardy! I promise you! I promise you this! I will spill your crimson blood all over this white mat…you stand between me and my destiny, and you must be destroyed…until you do not have a final drop of that blood in your body…Quote…

But then the 3 Live Kru’s music hit around the arena interrupting Raven mid-quote. BG James and Ron Killings both danced out onto the stage with microphones as the crowd started to cheer.

BG James: Cut the music! The 3 Live Kru, BJizzle and Ron “The Truth” Killer, Killings are in the Impact HOUUUUSSEEE! But this is no time for dancin’ and singin’ – cause Raven you hurt our boy last week! You gave him your EXTREEMMEEE DDT and knocked him right the f…hell out!

Ron Killings: An’ that just ain’t cool with us dawg!

Raven was going to speak but Mitchell stopped him and took the microphone.

Father James Mitchell: 3 Live Kru, you just made a mistake coming out here…because you two are also on the list to Destiny! Raven don’t worry for the moment about these two rappers, you have Disciples…a Flock now…Slash and Sinn, take care of it!

On the command Slash and Sinn left the ring and ran up to the 3 Live Kru on the ramp – who dropped their microphones. A brawl ensued as Sinn beat down on Killings and Slash took down James. But wait!! Jeff Hardy was in the ring! He came through the crowd! Mitchell spotted him and done a runner as Raven turned around into a scoop slam! And then the Charismatic Enigma headed onto the top rope! But instead of doing the Senton Bomb he waited a while and just jumped down onto the apron before shaking his head…

The New Flock recuperated in the ring as Hardy helped up Killings and James on the ramp. Raven once again took a microphone…

Raven: James Mitchell, Slash, Sinn!! We are going to take out three men on the list with one’s stone throw! Because at Final Resolution…it’s time to eliminate the first three men from the road to destiny…it’s time for another trip through the mind of the Raven…It will be my Clockwork Orange House of Fun! Hardy, 3 Live Kru! Against the New Flock! Quote the Raven!! Nevermore!!

Raven extended his arms as Hardy nodded his head towards Raven’s challenge for Final Resolution. Impact went to a commercial break with Hardy and the 3 Live Kru heading to the back in the knowledge they would be taking part in Raven’s own creation on the next TNA pay-per-view…

80%

6-Man Tag Team Match

New York Connection vs. Erik Watts, Sonjay Dutt and D-Ray 3000

Erik Watts made his return to TNA following a lengthy absence as he teamed up with Sonjay Dutt and D-Ray 3000 to face the New York Connection of Glenn Gilberti, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger. Watts started the match and took the fight to Swinger with a couple of big boots before Swinger made the tag to Diamond. The advantage then shifted as Watts was taken down with a backdrop. He then went over and tagged out to D-Ray. D-Ray 3000 sprung over the top rope into the ring and ran at Diamond with a clothesline, but he missed it and Swinger angled a punch over the top rope towards him. He caught D-Ray and this brought Watts and Dutt into the ring. Watts went for a big boot on Diamond as Swinger and Gilberti also climbed into the ring. The boot though caught D-Ray right in the face and folded him up! Gilberti beat Watts over to the corner as Diamond made the cover, 1…2…3! The NYC had won this 6-Man Tag Team match thanks to Watts’ mistake! Gilberti, Swinger and Diamond celebrated all the way up the ramp to the back as Watts and Dutt helped up D-Ray in the ring…

Winners: New York Connection

Time: 3:15

Match Rating: *1/2

58% - 56% - 74%

Counting Down To The Main Event…

The cameras backstage then showed Triple X and America’s Most Wanted preparing for their match in split screen view. Skipper was doing the splits across two chairs while Daniels was in the corner of the room with a few candles. Meanwhile Harris and Storm were just doing warm up exercises…

60%

The NWA Title Situation – Addressed

Jeff Jarrett’s music hit around the arena as Jarrett walked down to the ring with his belt slung over his right shoulder and Abyss in his shadow. Mike Tenay was waiting in the ring with a microphone to interview the NWA Champion…

Mike Tenay: Jeff Jarrett, there is currently a lot of speculation about who your next opponent will be for your NWA Title…

Jeff Jarrett: Mike Tenay there is no need for speculation! If I haven’t said it once, I have said it a thousand times! No one deserves a shot at my title. And that’s the bottom line on that.

Dusty Rhodes then walked out onto the ramp…

Dusty Rhodes: Jeff Jarrett…As TNA Director of Authority I have to disagree with ya’ – you see champions are always targets as the other wrestlers try to get their gold. Now, I have a decision to make ‘cause you need an opponent for Final Resolution. Someone to defend your title against.

Jarrett shook his head in disagreement.

Dusty Rhodes: Oh yes, you do Jeff Jarrett. And I have a decision to make over two men who deserve a title shot against you…The Alpha Male Monty Brown! And…The Macho Man Randy Savage!

There were cheers to both names as Rhodes thought for a moment…

Dusty Rhodes: Luckily I don’t have to make a decision now, but don’t worry Jeff Jarrett ‘cause I will next week on Impact! And one of those two men will get themselves the best Christmas present of all time!

Monty Brown’s music then started to play as Rhodes turned to leave! The Alpha Male ran down from the back and stormed the ring! He was after Jarrett! Tenay ran back to the announcer’s position as Abyss stopped Brown from getting to the champion! The monster then clotheslined Brown to the outside of the ring before the brawl continued between the Alpha Male and Abyss…BUT WAIT! The Macho Man was in the ring! He came through the crowd! Jarrett was isolated – Abyss was taking care of Brown! He turned around into some right hands from Savage!! Scoop Slam! And now the Macho Man was heading onto the top rope…he taunted to the crowd!! Elbow Drop off the top! Meanwhile on the outside Brown ran through Abyss with the Pounce! He then turned to face the ring…where Savage was picking up the NWA Title. The Macho Man held the gold above his head as the Alpha Male looked on from the outside. The eyes locked of the two men who could face Jarrett at Final Resolution…and Brown backed up the ramp pointing at Savage. One of these two men next week would be announced as Jarrett’s opponent for Final Resolution…and one would leave disappointed. Impact went to its final commercial break.

75%

The Final Encounter - Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. Triple X

It was then time for the main event of the evening. Triple X…AMW…the Final Encounter… Jeremy Borash introduced both teams and then made the announcement that the match would be exempt from the normal Impact ten-minute time limit…and would go until there was a winning team. The crowd loved that announcement as Chris Harris made his way over to AMW’s corner and Elix Skipper to XXX’s in preparation for the match to get underway. When referee Rudy Charles was happy he rang the bell and it was on. AMW, XXX, The Final Encounter…

Storm and Daniels looked at each other before locking up in the middle of the ring. Daniels pulled Storm down into a headlock and whipped him off the ropes before jumping over him as he came back across the ring. Storm then jumped over Daniels as he lay down on the mat – but then ran into a monkey toss as he came back for the third time! But the Fallen Angel stood up into a Monkey Toss from Storm immediately afterwards – which Storm followed up with an armbar while using his legs for leverage. Daniels rolled over and out of the armbar before clobbering Storm with a clothesline as he both men got back onto their feet. Daniels then went down and made the cover as the referee went to ground, 1…2…Storm bridged up. He dropped down again onto Storm and made another cover, 1…2…Storm bridged up again. This time the Fallen Angel dropped down with an elbow to the ribs and hooked the leg! 1…2…Kick out! Three near falls in quick succession! Storm was left a bit winded as he rolled out of Daniels way and into the middle of the ring. The Fallen Angel meanwhile turned his attention away from Storm and tagged in Skipper – who immediately pulled up Storm and planted some hard slaps right across the chest! They echoed around the arena as Skipper whipped the “Cowboy” off the ropes and hit a spinning elbow to the shoulder. Storm was sustaining all of the punishment in this early period as Skipper now dropped down and made the cover, 1…2…Kick out.

Primetime went about continuing his assault on Storm as he pulled him up following the pin and took him back down again with a scoop slam. He ran off the ropes and dropped a legdrop before dragging Storm over to his corner and tagging Daniels back in for some more offence. Daniels shoved a couple of knees into Storm’s stomach before whipping him across the ring into AMW’s corner – which allowed the “Wildcat” to tag himself into the match! Harris climbed through the ropes and looked at the Fallen Angel for a moment before both men slowly went into the centre of the ring…they had their arms raised for a test of strength and both looked accepting of this…Daniels and Harris locked hands before applying the pressure…which saw Daniels slowly go down onto his knees. He attempted to force back but couldn’t and so shoved a shoulder into Harris’ stomach to make him release the hold. Daniels then whipped Harris off into the ropes and caught him on the rebound with a massive T-Bone Suplex that awoke the crowd! The momentum had made it even more aggressive! Daniels hooked the leg, 1…2…Storm broke up the fall! It looked like he needed to also because Harris hadn’t moved at all during the pin.

The match continued following that close fall with the Fallen Angel exchanging blows with Storm as remained in the ring. Daniels whipped him off the ropes but was caught with a spear as he came back off the ropes! The impact sent the Fallen Angel rolling under the bottom rope as Storm celebrated a great move…but he failed to notice that Skipper was on the top rope! He walked across the ropes to the middle!! He was between two turnbuckles!! It was a balancing act!! Storm turned around…into a hurricarana off the middle of the rope from Skipper!! It half-botched with Storm half piledriving himself into the mat! But as Primetime made the cover the referee refused to count as neither man were legally in the contest (that had to be lucky for Storm who looked a bit dazed). Daniels slid back into the ring and made his way over to the corner of the ring…where he removed the top turnbuckle pad behind the referee’s back! Harris meanwhile was finally getting back onto his feet following that T-Bone Suplex…he got up and turned around into the grasp of Daniels – who attempted to whip him into the exposed turnbuckle! But Harris countered and sent the Fallen Angel into that direction instead! Daniels managed to stop himself on the middle turnbuckle with his foot but turned around into a standing dropkick from Harris! Harris made the cover! 1…2…Daniels kicked out! The “Wildcat” immediately pulled up Daniels and whipped him off the ropes. He caught him! Catatonic! That was Harris’ finishing manoeuvre!! Harris hooked the leg! 1…2……Skipper broke up the count! And now Storm was back in the match as he met Skipper with right hands before dropping down with a DDT! 

Primetime was down as Harris picked up Daniels and bent him over…Storm went up onto the top rope and called for the Death Sentence! The crowd went wild! The end looked near! But as he jumped off Primetime pushed Harris over and Daniels managed to half get himself into the position where he was holding Harris up! It looked sloppy but effectively Daniels had just rolled through thanks to Skipper’s push and had made Storm give Harris the Death Sentence! Daniels covered Harris! 1…2…Shoulder up! Skipper got back onto his feet and performed the splits to duck a Storm punch…before jumping back up and nailing a spinning heel kick! Storm managed to pop back up immediately, but Skipper quickly grabbed him and threw him face-first into the exposed turnbuckle! Storm hit the mat following that face-first impact and wasn’t moving as the camera cut away…Daniels called Skipper over as he whipped Harris off the ropes, but the “Wildcat” ducked a double clothesline first, and jumped a double shoulder thrust second! Then on the third attempt he took down both Daniels and Skipper with a double crossbody! Harris rolled over and made the cover on Daniels! 1…2…Kick out! Another close fall there! This match was steaming along!

The cameras then revealed Storm’s forehead was busted open following his contact with the exposed turnbuckle! Rudy Charles had to aid him back to the apron…but this allowed XXX to attempt another double team move on Harris as they gave him a double low blow! Harris was whipped off the ropes and both Daniels and Skipper twisted him up into a double backbreaker over their knees!! That looked as brutal as it sounded! Harris held his back in agony as Skipper made his way back over to Triple X’s corner. Daniels then hooked the leg – and the referee turned around to make the count! 1…2…Kick out! And now came another submission! Daniels rolled Harris over, locked the legs, locked the arms and pulled him up into a Mexican Surfboard! The crowd were cheering for Harris to work a way out of it as Daniels pulled back on the arms, increasing the pressure…eventually he dropped the Wildcat down and pulled his neck back with the legs still locked! It was a brutal neck breaker hold! Storm was now stamping on the apron with all he had! - as blood continued to flow down his face…and Harris was responding! Storm’s encouragement seemed to be working as the crowd also got involved with helping Harris get to his corner!

He managed to break free and nail Daniels with a standing dropkick as the Fallen Angel made it back onto his feet! This allowed him to stretch out and tag in the bloodied Storm – who was possessed by the sight of his own blood…! He ran Daniels into Triple X’s corner and this allowed Skipper to tag himself into the match. So Storm then started nailing both of them with alternate shots! Harris also piled into the brawl in the corner! Both teams were now just beating each other in one corner. But wait! Daniels grabbed Harris up! The Angel’s Wing! And Skipper raked Storm in the eyes! It was time for it! Triple X pulled Storm into the middle of the ring!! Power Plex!! Daniels and Skipper had nailed the Power Plex on Storm! Harris was down! Storm was down! Primetime made the cover!! 1…2…3! Triple X had won it!! They had won the Final Encounter, and what a Final Encounter it was!!

Winners: Triple X

Time: 24:33

Match Rating: ***1/2

72% - 71% - 90% - Christopher Daniels is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

Not the Perfect Ending…

Daniels and Skipper celebrated their win on the turnbuckles as Harris and Storm eventually got back up following the two sets of finishers from Triple X they sustained…AMW looked at the two men that had beaten them and applauded along with the crowd inside the arena before heading out of the ring and up the ramp…

This left Daniels and Skipper to continue their celebrations in the ring, they had won the final ever match in the AMW – XXX feud! Primetime offered his hand out to Daniels in a joking way, everyone could see he was very pleased with getting the win…and Daniels took it…but his smile faded away into a frown! Daniels kicked Skipper and pulled him up!! ANGEL’S WING! The Fallen Angel had just taken out his own partner!! And now AMW stormed the ring again! Daniels quickly made his exit as they aided up his fallen partner. Was that literally the final time that XXX were to tag? It sure as hell looked like it! Daniels pointed his finger to Harris, Skipper and Storm in the ring before backing up the ramp…Impact went off the air.

76% - Elix Skipper gained 3 points of overness from this segment. Christopher Daniels's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Christopher Daniels gained 1 point of overness from this turn.

Overall Show Rating: 66%

Overall Television Rating: 4.17

Attendance: 4,035

Ticket Sales: $161,400

E-Mails following Impact:

Sophie - High Impact are trying to compete with us, but are being destroyed in the ratings.

Ron Killings - How about booking me against Jeff Jarrett? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like.

Road Agent - Chris Harris and James Storm work well together as a team, it adds to their matches.

user posted image

Impact! Preview – Friday 24th December 2004

This week TNA wishes its fans a Merry Christmas through the Christmas Special Edition of Impact!

The Main news heading into the show is that TNA Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes has managed to book what he called the “Greatest Grudge match of all time” to take the main event slot on the show. The two men to fight? Santa Claus and Frosty the Snowman! This match will defiantly be “interesting”…and one wonders what state Santa will be in to deliver presents around the world following this encounter…

But that’s not all, Rhodes also announced that he has a special lucky dip which he will hold on this week’s show! Every TNA superstar will be allowed to pick something from this dip and will win prizes…May it be, title shots, certain stipulation matches against opponents or more generalized things…

The cameras will be backstage to catch the whole lucky dip experience so you will be able to see what the superstars gain from this seasonal treat…

But despite this show being a Christmas Special there is still a lot going on in the real world of TNA. Last week saw the Final Encounter tag team match between Triple X and America’s Most Wanted, and the whole situation after a year and a half of fighting did not come to an entirely honourable ending as Christopher Daniels turned on his partner Elix Skipper. AMW did make the save however to stop the Fallen Angel from handing out any more punishment to Skipper… but this week they will step in the ring as this feud has also been combined with another currently on TNA, Raven and Jeff Hardy. So in total it works out into an 8-Man Tag Team Match. The New Flock of Raven, Slash and Sinn alongside Christopher Daniels against…America’s Most Wanted, Jeff Hardy and Elix Skipper. It should make for an interesting match!

Last week Jeff Jarrett once again proclaimed how there was no-one who deserved to face him for his title following Turning Point. But once again his thoughts were well and truly wronged by Dusty Rhodes, who announced that he actually saw two men who deserved a title shot…Monty Brown and Randy Savage. The TNA Director of Authority then announced he would make a decision on this weeks Christmas Special show as to who will face Jarrett at Final Resolution…

But it wasn’t over there as the Alpha Male himself stormed the ring to get to the NWA Champion…but luckily Jarrett still had Abyss to protect him and the monster took the fight to Brown outside the ring. That was when things took a different turn…as Randy Savage came in through the backdoor (the crowd) and then attacked the vulnerable champion who then didn’t have anyone to protect him! Savage nailed his elbow drop off the top rope and posed with the belt as Brown finished with Abyss on the outside…This week one of the two men will be announced as Double J’s opponent for Final Resolution! And the decision could shape TNA in the future for months to come…

Impact has the potential to be a memorable show this week on the eve of Christmas…make sure you tune in on FSN!

Confirmed Matches:

Santa Claus vs. Frosty the Snowman

8-Man Tag Team Match

The New Flock and Christopher Daniels vs. America’s Most Wanted, Elix Skipper and Jeff Hardy

user posted image

Impact! Spoilers – Friday 24th December 2004

Hey, this is Darryl from Orlando. I have been sending in Impact taping results to ya for weeks now but you’ve never used them…! So anyway, here’s this weeks for ya and of course it’s the Christmas Special!

Results:

(highlight to reveal)

Jeremy Borash introduced us to the show and announced that the first match of the evening would be the 8-Man Tag Team match with the New Flock and Christopher Daniels against Jeff Hardy, AMW and Elix Skipper.

8-Man Tag Team Match

The New Flock and Christopher Daniels def. Jeff Hardy, America’s Most Wanted and Elix Skipper

Wow, that’s a long title! Anyways, it was a pretty short encounter with Slash and Elix Skipper doing most of the work early on. Then Daniels tagged himself in once Skipper was beaten down a bit…he took advantage of this and nearly picked up the win before Hardy managed to tag into the match. He went up against Daniels until Raven came into the match and gave him the Evenflow…Daniels pinned Hardy following the move to win the match for the New Flock and himself. Raven 1, Hardy 0…

Then the video screen showed the first of the lucky dip segments! Dusty Rhodes was welcoming the first group of wrestlers in and showed them the very classy box they would draw from. First to go is OK Revolution, he wins…a dance contest tonight against someone else who picks it. Sonjay Dutt pulls out an X-Division Title shot tonight; Abyss is next and pulls out the TNA Best of the X Division DVD. Dusty Rhodes finds it quite funny and books him in an X-Division match tonight against the Amazing Red! (Ouch to Red) BG James is next, he pulls out a bottle of Tequila and Ron Killing’s ain’t happy – he wanted the Tequila! So both men decide to wrestle for it! Right now!

James and Killings came down to the ring and the match got underway…

The Winner gets the Tequila!

BG James def. Ron “The Truth” Killings

Short match between these two partners which ended when James caught Killings with a Pumphandle slam for the three count. Following the match James ran away with his prize to the back with Killings in pursuit…why do I get the feeling the tequila situation wasn’t over yet?

Backstage for more lucky dip action! And we join with Glenn Gilberti arguing over what he pulled out. Dusty tells him to live with it and go and get ready…And here is the Alpha Male. He says all he wants from this is a title shot, and if he doesn’t get one he expects Dusty to announce him as the No1 Contender anyway tonight. He pulls out…a teddy bear and goes nuts. He grabs Rhodes and tells him to make the right decision before leaving…

Chris Sabin © def. Sonjay Dutt

Good little X-Division match. Sabin picked up the win at about the five minute mark with the Future Shock. He after the match celebrated by grabbing a Christmas cracker…he and Sonjay pull it and argue about who gets the hat before heading off backstage! Pointless, but rather fun stuff so far.

Then after a pause it’s time for the dance contest?! Oh yeah OK Revolution won the prize…he came out first looking very intimidated about the idea of dancing as we wait for his opponent…The NYC’s music went off?! What the…DISCO!!! It’s Glenn Gilberti dressed as DISCO INFERNO!! That’s something you don’t see everyday…anymore! Disco dances his way into the ring as Revolution gingerly dances first. Inferno then goes properly and is outstanding, Revolution then gets into it and both men dance…before Disco is attacked from behind with a steel chair! It’s Johnny B. Badd! He has a microphone in hand and tells Gilberti the next thing to do with dancing he will ever see is Johnny B. Badd dancing on his grave…OK Revolution continues to dance once Badd leaves the ring after finally having got into the idea, he is announced the winner.

Back for a third dose of lucky dip with Dusty! And it’s the final man to pick…the champion Jeff Jarrett! He pulls out…becoming TNA Director of Authority for a week! – Next week! Double J comments on how that’s great because now he can run things his way. Rhodes then says that he won’t be able to get himself out of defending his title at Final Resolution because he is going to announce his decision between Randy Savage and Monty Brown before the main event! As Jarrett leaves…Killings and James burst in drunk (lol, oh dear) with the tequila bottle empty…Killings takes his pick from the box (seeing as he missed it earlier) and it’s another bottle of Tequila!! Rhodes confiscates it stating they have had too much and gives them both the cuddly bear which Monty Brown won earlier, they leave and Rhodes shakes his head…

Abyss def. Amazing Red

Was this one going any other way? Amazing Red had Abyss on the ropes for a while, but one Black Hole Slam later and this contest was over…

Dusty Rhodes then comes out and calls Monty Brown and Randy Savage down to the ring. He tells Brown he doesn’t like to be threatened and because Savage was the last man in the 5 on 5 Elimination Match at Turning Point – he is giving him the title shot at Final Resolution against Jeff Jarrett. Brown goes crazy and gives Savage the Pounce before leaving…

Santa Claus vs. Frosty the Snowman – No Contest

This match ended in a no contest when Jarrett ran down and took out Santa with the Stroke. Frosty then attempted to climb under the ring, but Double J caught him and brought him back into the ring. When he was in the ring he went for the Stroke on Frosty…but the Snowman fought out of it and gave him the Pounce!!! It was Monty Brown! How in the hell did he get under there so quick after the last segment?! Brown beat down on Jarrett till security removed him from the ring…

But it wasn’t over there as Jarrett got on the stick…

Jarrett told Brown seeing as he is the TNA Director of Authority next week he doesn’t want him on the show. But Double J then told the Alpha Male to make sure he watches because he has an announcement concerning Brown that he needs to take care of…that spelled the end of the show, and it was just pure stupidity mixed in with progression to certain storylines. Meh, I liked it!