The Anime Thread

Ruki

Attack on Titant 9

Becoming a muscle/skeleton torso, missing an arm and an eye? What a shitty magical power. But now I hope they get to the basement soon! I want to see what is in there!!!

Also, humans are stupid. Surely they should be asking him questions/studying him.

Attack on Titant 9

Becoming a muscle/skeleton torso, missing an arm and an eye? What a shitty magical power. But now I hope they get to the basement soon! I want to see what is in there!!!

Also, humans are stupid. Surely they should be asking him questions/studying him.

They're conditioned to hate the titans so much that they won't study Eren. But that's a damn special power he's got. Hopefully the uber-badass Captain Levi can lead them all to the basement.

Also, SnK is now a more popular manga and anime than Naruto. Though total sales might not reflect it since SnK is monthly its sales in Japan are through the fucking roof. Also in NA the new Naruto went up on sites on Thurs and the new SnK early on Sunday and already it has many more views than Naruto. This show is the biggest deal since Geass.

That tagline this thread used to have--waiting for the next thing to capture our imaginations, was it?--has no use now that we have found it. I know what costumes everyone is now working on for Otakon.

That tagline this thread used to have--waiting for the next thing to capture our imaginations, was it?--has no use now that we have found it. I know what costumes everyone is now working on for Otakon.

:( I thought that was Steins;Gate and Mirai Nikki.

You know, I missed out on Steins;Gate. Gonna have to go back and watch it.

But yeah no Mirai Nikki was a fucking fantastic anime, no doubt. It's just Attack on Titan is the runaway hit of the year right now and shows no signs of stopping. Granted it's not getting as much hypetrain behind it on EWB as Gurren Lagann did, but then we all had more time to freak the fuck out over every episode back then too :P

Still. THIS SHOW IS SO DAMN GOOD. Between that and The Devil Is a Parttimer, and a host of other animes Lorina and I have on backlog, we're pretty much good all year for anime to watch.

Steins;Gate is fantastic, definitely watch it. But, man, I can't describe the hypetrain rolling along with Attack on Titan. It seems nearly every anime fan in the world is focused solely on this one show, and there's only a handful of vocal naysayers.

There are a lot of really great things going right now, Hataraku Maou-sama! is definitely the surprise hit of the year. Gargantia had a huge plot twist in its most recent episode. There's some nice looking stuff on tap for the summer.

That's the one! Hataraku Maou-sama! is the one we're watching, I've just been calling it "The Devil is a Part-Timer" because I thought that's what it was in English originally. Such a good anime... it's light-hearted but gets serious, has a strong story but stays aloof, knows when to darken things yet every episode is so very clearly a comedy. It's just... it's so different from anything I've seen before really.

This has been an awesome year for anime so far! Could only get better if they'd announce Gun Gale Online already <_<

I realize it's not a popular opinion shared among EWBers but damn it, I loved SAO/AHO something fierce. Something in the story and with the characters clicked with me and Lorina and I never got de-hooked from it. I guess had I read the manga I might not have liked it as much but as it stands having only seen the anime it's still one of my favorites. A GGO announcement would just make my year.

Just finished episode 10 of Psycho Pass

That was great! I loved the whole maze thing! I don't know why, but I love mazes. Especially mazes where someone is being hunted. This episode hit all the right notes for me.

Just went on a shopping spree at Amazon and bought the full series dvd's for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Soul Eater, Black Cat and Ga-Rei Zero. I've already seen them, but I don't actually own them, and I love them, so...

Bit expensive, but still, I think it's worth it. Also had Durarara volumes 2 & 3 since they had a price drop, but from what I've read on a review they had no subtitles, only dubbing, and I honestly can't stand dubbing, so that was out. Pity.

Just finished episode 10 of Psycho Pass

That was great! I loved the whole maze thing! I don't know why, but I love mazes. Especially mazes where someone is being hunted. This episode hit all the right notes for me.

Ho-lee crap! Episode 11 was dark as fuck at the end there. So good, but that was messed up.

Just went on a shopping spree at Amazon and bought the full series dvd's for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Soul Eater, Black Cat and Ga-Rei Zero. I've already seen them, but I don't actually own them, and I love them, so...

Bit expensive, but still, I think it's worth it. Also had Durarara volumes 2 & 3 since they had a price drop, but from what I've read on a review they had no subtitles, only dubbing, and I honestly can't stand dubbing, so that was out. Pity.

You absolutely need to watch Durarara. I believe it's a free stream on Crunchyroll, and subtitled, so watch it there.

You absolutely need to watch Durarara. I believe it's a free stream on Crunchyroll, and subtitled, so watch it there.

I've seen it already, I just wanted to own it. I already own Baccano, and I love both of them, they're absolutely great. Shizuo Heiwajima is one of my favorite anime characters ever :lol:

Still, I can't seem to find a DVD set for Region 2, with subtitles. Heck, even without subtitles, I can only seem to find volumes 2 and 3, and not 1 :(

EDIT: Apparently, ordering stuff at 2-3 AM is bad because I'm too sleepy to realize that what the review for the dvd's say is that there's no english DUB, and I misread it as having no english SUB. Now I only need volume 1. So, if anybody knows a good place to buy anime stuff that may have the volume 1 dvd, please do tell, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT 2: And now I've ordered both Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu complete series from ebay. I lack self control >_>

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Attack on Titan ep. 10

Armin gets his own little moment in the sun! Awww how sweet. This was a plot-heavy episode without a lot of action, but I'm glad Pixis is on board with using Eren's powers for good. Let's see them retake Trost next episode.

Also, some bad news. Episode 14 has been confirmed as a recap episode. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attack on Titan ep. 10

Armin gets his own little moment in the sun! Awww how sweet. This was a plot-heavy episode without a lot of action, but I'm glad Pixis is on board with using Eren's powers for good. Let's see them retake Trost next episode.

Also, some bad news. Episode 14 has been confirmed as a recap episode. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

A recap episode? What is this bullshit?! I haven't had to watch one of those in years!!!

Midway through Psycho-Pass episode 13...

I think that Akane (is that her name?) might be one of those people who manages to slip by the Sybal system. Her crime coefficient will never go high!

Edit: OH SHIT! THEY'RE FATHER AND SON!!!!

A recap episode is needed, I think. Having gotten caught up with the manga, there is no way this story anywhere near finished, and it won't be in 26 episodes. I really don't want to see this boil down to filler.