The Anime Thread

Ruki

Attack on Titan has started, I've read a lot of the manga so I kind of remember what's going to happen. There will be two episodes (I think) then a time skip.

Tough break for Eren, his mam eaten in front of him. Not many people can relate to that kind of trauma..

Will get caught up on the other stuff soonish.

I started on Arata Kangatari but gave up after about 5-7 minutes, didn't really seem like the type of show I'd enjoy and it was pretty slow moving. If anyone is watching it and thinks it gets better then let me know but I didn't really have the patience to watch it for any longer. No real loss as I want to watch quite a few shows this term anyways.

So, I decided to take a little liberty and, while I like the story that was seen in Anu no Hana, the rotoscoping is really turning me off to the anime; this I decided to read the manga :shifty:

It's....kind of fucked up. Good, but fucked up, straight drama. The only real thing I have to complain about is that I am totally caught up on it now, so...now I have to wait :( .

Season 2 of Oreimoe is good, picks up right where Season 1 left off.

Season 2 of Haiyore! Nyarko-San is awesome, as is typical for this show.

New High School of The Dead chapter came out yesterday. Feels like it's been ages.

I started on Aku no Hana and did not enjoy it. The anime style was a bit off putting and it just seemed really boring, I just don't think I was going to be able to watch it all. So that's that and Arata Kangatari that have been chopped already, Next RDG: Red Data Girl. Fingers crossed for something.

I started on Aku no Hana and did not enjoy it. The anime style was a bit off putting and it just seemed really boring, I just don't think I was going to be able to watch it all. So that's that and Arata Kangatari that have been chopped already, Next RDG: Red Data Girl. Fingers crossed for something.

Yeah; it was uh...well, for comparison:

tumblr_m8nm1uMKkP1qdnj6fo1_500.png

vs

aku_no_hana_01_2.jpg

One of these things isn't like the other :shifty:

I came in here to comment on the manga as I'm reading it and I see that. What the fuck.

Also, 3'rd chapter in. Seriously dude, just ditch the goddamn clothes in the hall or in the library and act like nothing ever happened.

Kirkland, the more you read the manga, the sooner you'll realize that whatever is the rational and logical choice for Kasuga to make, you can bet on him doing the complete opposite :shifty:

• Like 2

This thing reminds me of Mysterious Girlfriend X a bit but with lots of crazy and/or evil mixed in.

How many episodes of Attack on Titan have there been so far? One? Two?

Just one.

Upon further review, it would seem that the bitching about how boring Anu no Hana was in it's first episode is kinda the point. It's supposed to be boring. This isn't Tokyo, so we won't see all the fancy shit, etc. It's just some boring town in Japan. Well, they did that part perfectly, I guess :shifty:

I just finished up Psycho-Pass, and this Robotics;Notes. My anime watching really did come to a screeching halt these last few weeks, but like any old friend I'm hopping back on board and hoping to clean up my queue as quickly as possible. Then it's time to jump into the spring anime season!

Anyway as for the conclusion of Psycho-Pass.

It was disappointingly weak. Clearly there is a lot being left open for a potential season 2 or movie or OVA. I'd like any of these to happen. The show really shouldn't finish until Sibyl is no more. And with Sibyl living on due to Akane being pragmatic about it there is more story to be told.

Aku no Hana, Episode II: Why the hell am I watching this?!
:shifty:

-- Now, for reference, Kasuga is the guy, Saeki is the crush, and Nakamura is the psycho. Just keep this in mind. I'll refer to Nakamura as Sawa since that is her name :shifty:
--Kasuga's thinking about it....he's thinking about taking that gym bag!
--(note, it says that it's Saeki's. I know this because I read the manga :shifty:)
--Oh, Kasuga don't take that bag, you emo bastard. It isn't yours, it belongs to a girl. And then what if someone sees you? The shit's going to hit the fan because it's theft and OH YOU'RE TAKING THE BAG. You're not using your brain.
--RUN YOU ROTOSCOPED BASTARD, RUN!
--Oddly, the theme is much more upbeat then the usual pace.
--So, while this shit goes on, yes, I am going to watch this atrocious display (why rotoscoping, why? :( ), because the story is still quite good, and I'm curious to see how it translates.
--Christ, Sawa looks creepy. Her manga counterpart was much...better.
--Kasuga's not going to give the usual anime "I'M HOME!" shout?
--Damn small room.
--Okay, you're home, you can break the clothes out and start fapping :shifty:
--"I'm a flower of evil". I wouldn't go that far, a pervert, maybe, but not evil :shifty:
--That's a cunning plan. Sneak her clothes back.
--And there's Saeki, and the plan falls apart.
--Kasuga? I DIDN'T TAKE HER CLOTHES LAST NIGHT WHEN EVERYONE LEFT. "...So, you're present."
--"I'm a sinner." "I'll atone for my sin for the rest of my life." God help this guy when he gets laid :shifty:
--That dog was like "What the hell is his problem?"
--And there's Sawa.
--Why rotoscope, why......Nakamura looks like she can count to potato :shifty:
--AND THE GLASSES COME OFF.
--DUNT DUN DUN. SAWA KNOWS WHAT YOU DID LAST EVENING.
--And the blackmail begins.
--Kick the bitch off! Or run, like you just felt her erection...that works.
--"He bolted." Very observant.
--What's this, a boke and...I forget what it is, it's like a 'tsu' work, routine, it's the one where the guy gets hit with an oversized fan and the straight man yells "Nande yo ren".
--Well, I don't know about the rest of your life, but you're paying for yoru sin now Kasuga.
--DENTAL PLAN! LISA NEEDS BRACES!
--You guys think Kasuga's a Linkin Park fan?
--So he carries the bag right into class wit him. Okay.
--MAYBE....ah, confession. That'll work.
--BUT SAWA IS WATCHING YOU.
--Enter the teacher in the same jacket as yesterday.
--And Sawa passes him a note...
--That reads "Meet me in the library after school, don't run away."
--A contract...forgiveness for something precious..
--Virginity is precious in some cultures :shifty:
--THIS IS THE MOMENT OF TRUTH. WILL YOU PRESS ON, OR WILL YOU GO RUNNING BACK TO MOMMY CRYING.
--Boob contact! Bah gawd king! He made contact with Saeki's boob!
--The ....what the fuck?
--"Write an essay about it tomorrow". Okay....
--And that's a wrap.
--So, much more exposition this episode, better than the first, I think i can forgive the rotoscoping. But not hte creepy as fuck ending theme.

• Like 1

Sword Art Online seems to be picking up more fans lately, did it start airing somewhere in the US? Toonami or something? I see a bunch of people on Facebook heaping praise on it, and I can't help but think "man, you guys like some mediocre stuff". <_<

Sword Art Online seems to be picking up more fans lately, did it start airing somewhere in the US? Toonami or something? I see a bunch of people on Facebook heaping praise on it, and I can't help but think "man, you guys like some mediocre stuff". <_<

I think it's the case of it being so marketed that people who casually watch anime as it is airing watched the show, then they told their friends about it, and it's been snowballing since.

There's a huge segment of the anime fanbase that doesn't watch much at all, and hence their standards aren't as high as some of us who do watch a lot.

I just read a small description. sounds kinda like .hack