WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Am I missing something or has the DLC stuff been made available yet to get DiBiase and so on? I didn't think it had, yet a few random people are talking like it has been to my surprise :/

Had a brilliant match with my Japanese CAW called Tashio Kobain against William Regal. Just back and fourth awesomeness, although Regal beat the shit out of me. Ended with Regal winning with a sleeper type hold, then I was pissed because the game crashed just as it said that I gave up. Changed the speed that the momentum bar goes up and it's ten times better if you ask me, just makes for a much more enjoyable match. I looked about and cant see anywhere you can change the body damage meter though, which is a shame.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this last night for mine birthday, and I have to say that it's fucking awesome.. going above and beyond everything that I expected out of it this year. The RTWM mode is amazing in its detail, I can see why they decided to go in that direction and offering us Career Mode as a substitute for the other guys works for me as well. I love all the little details and tweaks... I think they have reached the pinnacle of gameplay, especially with the vast improvement in tag matches. I can see them focusing on content next time around, for created wrestlers.

Kobain is quite the Japanese name. :)

Anyway, fiddle with the settings on Hard and you get pretty much the best match you can get out of SvR I think. I made sure that the computer doesn't reverse as many moves, but enough in my opinion, while upping my ability to reverse moves slightly. I made sure that the computer's a bit more aggressive, too. Oh, and I put the momentum on 'slow' so it takes a while to build up to finishers, simply to give finishers a more important feel for me. And, I made finishers more effective too, because one gripe I have with the gameplay is said finishers being somewhat weak on default settings. Sure, I take a bit longer to complete matches, but they're usually well-paced and that much more rewarding when you hit your finisher. I don't think I can say 'finisher' anymore. There's a few two-counts in there, too.

If anyone wants I'll post my sliders and people can see if they like them.

Oh, and yes, the PS2 and PS3 CAWs are virtually the same. They're both 32-layered, so there shouldn't be much of a problem converting. You may have to play around with the X and Y axis though.

And speaking of CAWs, I've found an awesome KENTA, but I've been too lazy to make him. I spent a good hour the other day just tweaking my own face to make sure it looked more like me. I'm a bit of a CAW perfectionist. For example, all in all I've probably spent five hours on the CAW version of myself.

CAW. Finisher.

Edited by Will.

If you could post your sliders, that would be great. I'm in the mood for more competitive matches and frankly, I don't have the patience to screw around with that kind of stuff.

Oh.. and is there CAW trading again? If so, if there's anyone out there who is really into CAWs and has some good ones... would you like to meet online some time and help me out with some? That'd be greatness.

I got this last night for mine birthday, and I have to say that it's fucking awesome.. going above and beyond everything that I expected out of it this year. The RTWM mode is amazing in its detail, I can see why they decided to go in that direction and offering us Career Mode as a substitute for the other guys works for me as well. I love all the little details and tweaks... I think they have reached the pinnacle of gameplay, especially with the vast improvement in tag matches. I can see them focusing on content next time around, for created wrestlers.

There's a lot of detail to each RTWM story. But part of me was really hoping that all the stories would interweave with one another. So in essence, the same set of RAW/SD/ECW matches and PPV's for every wrestler, but you play from their individual and unique perspective. I think if it were done in that manner there could be, for example, some clever clues that are deliberately left in some storylines only to have them play out in others.

CAF is on one hand awesome yet when it comes down to online, 90% of the people just piss me off with the bullshit they create. I'm fine with you making whatever you want, but I just cant stand people coming online with edited Orton's and Cena's where they do twenty speed kicks within two seconds and then four piledrivers and a death valley driver (Just an example :P ). Cant the majority just make some awesome but actual realistic finishers? My CAW has two created finishers, one being a different version of the GTS and the other being what I'd call an awesome lifting into inverted DDT style move, simple in ways but also quite awesome.

Yeah, I've seen some truly awful CAFs on YouTube... mine is fun though, a rolling Fisherman's Suplex into a Fisherman's Facebuster.

Mine is the funnest! 9 shots to the groin and a knee to the face to cap it all off.

Anyone mind telling me how to get custom music in?

If you're on X-Box, first you have to rip the song to your hard drive, then create a playlist with said song on the dashboard and when you create an entrance, you have an option, "User Playlist", to choose. It then shows your available playlists.

I suppose on PS3 it can't be too different.

For 360 make sure you have your computer's connected to your 360 and your custom music can be played. Then it's as simple as going to the Create an Entrance and picking 'User Playlist' for your music. Right now I'm alternating between Fu Ge La by The Fugees and No Transitory by Alexisonfire. However, that Alexisonfire song may change.

Edited by Will.

Alright, here's the settings.

Hard

Frequency of COM's usage:

Standing Strike Reversal Rate: 3 notches/ticks

Grapple Reversal Rate: 5 notches/ticks

Ground Strike Reversal Rate: 9 notches/ticks

Ground Reversal Rate: 7 notches/ticks

Finisher Reversal Rate: 8 notches/ticks

Foreign Attack Reveral Rate: 10 notches

Damage Balance:

Damage Balance: 7 notches away from maximum

Foreign Object Strength: 11 notches

Game Balance:

Standing Strike/Grapple Reversal: 12 notches for both

Ground Strike/Grapple Reversal: 10 notches for both

Finisher Reversal: 11 notches

Foreign Object Reversal: 10 notches

Momentum Rate Actions/Attacks: 10 notches for both. I find anywhere from 8-11 is good to build up to a finisher, thus a longer match. Adjust if you want shorter or longer matches.

Momentum Rate Taunts: 13 notches. I haven't touched this really.

Stamina Rate: 12 notches

I feel these are a good starting off point for a rather even-paced, longer match. My average match length is probably about 10-15 minutes or so depending on who's involved and what type of match it is. Adjust as you see fit for match times. I find momentum rate definitely is the biggest factor in match length.

Just so it's not lost. :)

I tried these, they are good... and makes for a good match. Seemed a little easy though.

I may have been doing it wrong? The values you give, are they say 5 notches from nothing, or 5 notches from the default setting?

Edited by Avenged Nash