Shadow of Mordor

Paton

Wraith Flash gets you some breathing room and spreads damage around. Other than that, just counter, counter, counter, Special Attack, counter, over and over. Can always take advantage of focus and ping a few headshots to thin the herd if you need to.

Wraith Flash gets you some breathing room and spreads damage around. Other than that, just counter, counter, counter, Special Attack, counter, over and over. Can always take advantage of focus and ping a few headshots to thin the herd if you need to.

This. And if there are ranged dudes throwing shit at you, find them and kill them first.

Just did that 50 kill (+ 100 hit streak) mission.

It was a chore, but I got through it in one go, and I also got the optional bonus of a 100 hit streak.

Basic tactic to get the optional, if you got vault stun, spam vault stun. If not, just spam stun in between counters and wail on the guy that you stunned. That way you can quickly rack up hits and also finishers. If you got the one skill where you get 2 hits if you time your strikes, you will generally breeze through with lots of hits and kills.

Of course if you got that one skill where you can string along multiple finishers in a set time, you're basically unbeatable.

• Like 1

I am actually making some progress! It's encouraging to be getting better at the game. I unlocked another tower and I've been doing a lot of the weapon things and freeing slaves and stuff. Should I do a couple missions? Will those help power me up quicker?

Best thing was seeing a captain right below me by himself. I did the leaping stealth thing and he died! :w00t:

• Like 2

Extra missions get you more of that currency I've forgotten the name of, which, as I'm sure you've figured out, gets you more rune slots, extra health, more arrows, etc.

So yeah, do a few to boost some stats and it'll help.

If you meant quest missions, you can only get some powers by doing them, so I'd do the odd one every now and then just to see if you get something new.

Nearly got this all finished up. Four slave missions and four main missions left!

They definitely left the branding ability way too late. I've got like nothing left of the main game so I've barely used it.

You know what would've been nice? Some kind of randomly generated dungeon of War Chiefs. I dunno why, I just feel like having something a bit more in depth come about from the big bosses would've had me more interested in fighting them. Now that I've got some decent runes and all the upgrades, I don't really feel the need to fight any more War Chiefs.

Though I supposed I'd rather it be this way, where you can get everything before beating the game - rather than those awful systems where you'll only ever get certain skills on the skill tree in post-game.

So this is a lot of fun so far, but man do they fail to explain like... anything. I've only just started and got sidetracked killing orcs and captains but they havent provided any real guidance with the basics of the game. Feels like they've just dropped you in and said 'learn'.

That aside, it's great. Favourite moment so far was dying to two captains and then having them appear mid fight, only to get destroyed by one of those giant things that had been chasing me.

Man, been stuck on this one mission on this, infuriated me the other day to the point I didn't play it for a week til today and it's annoying me all over again.

This "The Outcasts" mission. I simply can't seem to do it, I can poison three of the barrels easy enough but the two near the bridge I just can't do at all, and the enemies constantly seem to respawn so it's not like you can thin them out and then go for it. Doing my head in.

I equally love and hate the constant respawning. I like that I have to always think of the danger of being overwhelmed but at the same time if I have to fight off 50 Uruks to get the Warchief alone and then 50 more come running around the corner that is just annoying.

However, using a "Fear of ..." weakness to get them to run away and then use Shadow Strike to catch up to them is a good way around this.

• Like 1

Honestly the mission I have to do at the moment seems like I either have to go on a grind to make Talion stronger and more powerful or they've made it unnecessarily difficult.

It's the "Bloodbath" mission. I have to kill 20 Uruks in 2 minutes to draw out the warchief but I just can't kill that many because there's constantly captains crawling out of the woodwork and interfering during it. All the Uruks themselves are the ones with shields and spears so even when I tried just getting loads to follow me to a fire to try and kill a load that way it killed like literally three of them in the explosion. Getting on my nerves.

Pro-tip: There is a point in the camp where you can see five pieces of hanging meat. Shoot them with arrows to bait the caragors, setting 10 of them loose. The Uruks they kill count towards your kill count.

I did it this way and it still took a few tries. All you need is one captain to show up with strength against beasts and it ruins things.