Shadow of Mordor

Paton

You play Wolfenstein, GRIFT? For my money, it's one of the few decent story based shooters in years. The story is bonkers, but in a good way. What else would you expect from Space Nazis?

I haven't yet! I will have to read up on it a little.

There is part of me that is tempted to get something low stakes like Madden or NBA 2k15 that won't get me too involved (work is crazy right now until the election is over and I basically want to turn my brain off once I get home) but then I also wouldn't mind a game with a quick story mode to get me through until Dragon Age and WWE 2k15. I am also interested in Lords of the Fallen (I typically prefer RPGs) but worry that I won't have enough time to get into it now or finish it before Dragon Age drops.

I also haven't played Destiny in a few weeks, so it might be time to jump back into that mess.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do the Captains ever completely die or do they always get replaced? I'm just wondering if I should stop wasting my time killing captains and move on to the rest of the parts of the game. These little bastards keep killing me.

They always get replaced. I tried to kill everyone off and at one point there was a bit where EVERYONE was replaced.

My favourite example of them being replaced constantly happened when I first got the game. Killed one captain, ran towards my objective, found the same one; killed him again, carried on, found him again; killed him again, finished the mission I was heading toward, set off to next one, found him again and just got sick of him.

Beat the game tonight. Nemesis system is amazing, I developed a blood feud with a dude named Ratlug Skull-Splitter that lasted for about a week, until I finally gained the ability to brand captains and utilized literally the ONLY weakness he had (fear of burning. He was immune to all forms of combat finishers) to finally catch him off guard.

The story falls right off a fucking cliff, though, and the final battle is a gigantic anticlimax.

• Like 1

Yeah, great game, but the ending fell apart. Hopefully instead of making a sequel, they take the Nemesis system and build something entirely new from it. Something where the game culminates in a natural confrontation with a boss that you build up yourself. Maybe something where the first Nemesis you make, the first guy that beats you, gets a ridiculous buff and becomes the central antagonist. Give us a general setting and plot point, but let the player naturally create the main antagonist from the Nemesis system.

• Like 1

Yeah, great game, but the ending fell apart. Hopefully instead of making a sequel, they take the Nemesis system and build something entirely new from it. Something where the game culminates in a natural confrontation with a boss that you build up yourself. Maybe something where the first Nemesis you make, the first guy that beats you, gets a ridiculous buff and becomes the central antagonist. Give us a general setting and plot point, but let the player naturally create the main antagonist from the Nemesis system.

Funny that you mention that. The one ssatisfactory thing in the endgame was that before the shitty "stealth brand the tower!" thing I got to have one last face-off with this dude Ishmoz the Amputator, a nemesis who I had initially kept alive because he had entertained me so much, only to see him suddenly make Warchief and I ended up killing him in a fight.

His deal was that he never ever spoke and only either giggled, clicked his tongue, snapped his teeth, or screamed. Before the final battle, he suddenly actually said shit for the first time and it was fucking EPIC. Then I beat him and it all became anticlimactic garbage from there.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started to slowly get back into this game. I put it down for quite some time as I did feel as though the repetition was getting out of hand. However, picking this back up a second time and not rushing my way through it has made me appreciate the detail of the game as well as the combat. I am stuck on trying to brand the warchiefs and that was purely the reason why I stopped. Any suggestions?

War Chiefs are done the same way as everyone else; exploit a weakness or get them down to low enough health, and then just brand them. To make it a hell of a lot easier, brand a couple of their subjects and turn them in the fight. They'll do half the work for you, and if they start doing too much damage, you can just kill them off with the insta-kill move and take the war chief on solo.

This game has a good amount of flaws i could talk about but in the end it´s a rar non episodic full price title that i actualy finished so it must have don something fundamentaly right.

If they take some of the fire (by that i mean money due to the success) they got and build on it i am all in for a sequel. But for now there is still stuff to come with the season pass, right?