Eastside Hockey Manager

Berober

Who's a good starter team for me to jump in with? Someone with plenty of resources and the like?

If you prefer to start major leagues, talk to me about your favourite football teams to follow and why. Try to include ones other than your local, if at all possible. I'll suggest you one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was on the fence for a good while, but 13 bucks was too good to pass up so I've decided to buy it.

I've started in the WHL with the Kelowna Rockets, who for all intents have a strong roster with a few NHL prospects. A huge logjam at center which means I need to somehow juggle those talented centers onto the wings and somehow have them be good as snipers.

Needless to say, after 17/18 games played, I am second overall in the WHL and I am first in the western conference (Brandon is first in the east). And due to my team being filled with a plethora of playmakers, I have no player in the top 10 of scoring as everyone seems mightily content in sharing the puck and having everyone get a turn of scoring. Despite all those passers I am fourth in scoring with 3.59 goals per game.

Sure, i'd like it if one guy decided to pick up the slack and become the top scorer, but I really don't want to break a winning system. We're supposed to be challenging for the title so I am more than happy to see this run going on much longer.

The logjam will be less... logjammy next season, since the best part of my centers are losing eligibility or more than likely being called up to the NHL (Draisatl). So I will be looking to draft some good scoring wings.

Anyone else playing EHM, who are you playing with, how are you doing?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

For anyone interested, the newest roster has released! Can find it here: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/portal.php

First season as the Leafs: Trade off anything I could for picks (went into the draft with 5 or 6 first round picks)...I ended 29th overall, ended up picking 5th overall because I lost the lottery SO hard.

Second season for the Leafs: I managed to sign Stamkos in the off season, costing me four 1st round picks (he should have been a UFA, not RFA...but whatever, Stamkos!). Had him on a line with Kappanen, and both of them go over a PPG. Went to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and....lost with 15 seconds left. Damn.

Third season: Just in the off season. I just signed Benn to a MASSIVE 9mil contract and traded Kadri and some scrubs for Tyler Myers. 

I've been trying to sort of the mess of the in betweener Canucks.

Miller has one more year on his deal and Joakim Erikson is looking like next years backup.

Defense is fairly stable, extended Hamhuis, Edler is still around, Corrado and Tanev are consistent, and then I brought in Steven Kampfer and Radko Gudas to round out the top six. I have Matt Greene but trying to trade him for something less expensive. In the waiting, I have both Noah Hanafin and Sean Day. Somehow, I managed to miss the playoffs by four points but got the second overall draft pick in the Sean Day draft. Odd but I am not complaining.

Up front is more in flux. I still have Hank and Dank, and Alex Burrows. I brought in Brandon Dubinsky (was expensive) and Mark Sheifele (was cheap) to shore up the middle, and have Baerschi, Zac Rinaldo, Zemgus Girgensons, Nick Bjustad, and key free agent from last year Mick Frolik. I can sort of make a decent top nine from that, but it's tight against the cap.

The future is bright though. This is the Stamkos free agency bonanza so I am looking to take the B-prize (Voracek) and if not, pick up a Milan Lucic or Brandon Sutter. That should get me through until my prospects start coming up; the AHL this year will see Horvat, Virtanen, McCann, Shinkaruk, and Cassels, along with Jiri Sekac, Sven Andrighetto, Sebastien Collberg, Christian Dvorak, and Griffen Reinhart pushing for a Calder Cup.

I have so far managed to avoid getting fired, lets see how this offseason goes down.

I actually stole McCann from the Canucks....and Corrado was on my team :shifty:

And the Sean Day draft? Are you using the newest roster? It's the Matthews (who Van-city got in my game) and Chychurn draft.

Through 18 games, I am 11-5-2, not a great start I feel. 

And my roster is:

Benn-Stamkos-Marner (I forced Marner there...)

Kapanen-Nylander-Connor Brown (he had a nice little showing in the playoffs, so he deserved a place on the team)

Colborne-Girgensons-Lander

Ott-Gauthier-Soshnikov

Rielly-Myers

DeHann-Pokka

Harrington-Percy

Raanta

Neuvirth

I need to upgrade my goalies. Tried getting one of the Ducks goalies and one of the Lightnings.....neither one is willing to give them up.

Raanta plays way above his ratings sometimes. i have leaned on him from time to time.

And no, not super updated rosters, I am two seasons into a game with 2014-2015 rosters. Chychurn ended up going first to the Oilers after the previous year McDavid went to Philly.

• 11 months later...

Huge bump!

Downloaded a 98/99 Database because why the heck not.

In my first season as the Leafs I have made it to the cup finals vs the Red Wings (currently up 3-1)

On my roster I have: CuJo, a 20 year old Kaberle (who might win the Calder), Paul Coffey, Jason Blake, Wendle Clark, Nik Antropov (at 19!), Peca, Sundin (of course), JP Dumont, Mogilny, and Pavel freaking Bure (he has scored 18 goals in 18 playoff games).

It's awesome! And the first draft is the Sedin draft...which I have 3 first round picks in (late, but still). It will keep adding players as it goes...so if I play it long enough, Austin Matthews and the like will be in the game. 

The only downside of this database? It has fucked over the CBJ, Wild, and Jets. Since they weren't teams at the time (I think?), they start with no players. BEcause of that the Jets ended the season with only 8 points. 118 goals for, 436 against. 

Edit: Came away from the draft with Zetterberg, Bryz, and Ryan Miller >_>

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Huge bump!

In my first season as the Leafs I have made it to the cup finals vs the Red Wings (currently up 3-1)

On my roster I have: CuJo, a 20 year old Kaberle (who might win the Calder), Paul Coffey, Jason Blake, Wendle Clark, Nik Antropov (at 19!), Peca, Sundin (of course), JP Dumont, Mogilny, and Pavel freaking Bure (he has scored 18 goals in 18 playoff games).

It's awesome! And the first draft is the Sedin draft...which I have 3 first round picks in (late, but still). It will keep adding players as it goes...so if I play it long enough, Austin Matthews and the like will be in the game. 

The only downside of this database? It has fucked over the CBJ, Wild, and Jets. Since they weren't teams at the time (I think?), they start with no players. BEcause of that the Jets ended the season with only 8 points. 118 goals for, 436 against. 

I'd personally love to roll with a historical database, but it always becomes too metagamey for my liking and I always end with a team filled with draft studs and other low-drafted greats like Marty St. Louis.

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

Huge bump!

Where'd you download this? 98-99 was probably the last year I knew the whole league. <_<

36 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Where'd you download this? 98-99 was probably the last year I knew the whole league. <_<

It's in the Steam Workshop called the 'TBL 1998 Retro Roster'

As a whole, TBL rosters are the shit and TBL has always been the site that kept EHM07 alive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

I'd personally love to roll with a historical database, but it always becomes too metagamey for my liking and I always end with a team filled with draft studs and other low-drafted greats like Marty St. Louis.

Thankfully, the AI is less likely to give up those players. And moving up in the draft can be a pain (the earliest I could move up? 7th overall. In 2007 it was easy to nap the first, second or third overall pick).

My off season pick ups: Trevor Lindin, Visnovsky, Rafalski

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

Huge bump!

Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing now.

Season 2 done! Second Cup!

Korolev-Sundin-Jagr

Roberts-Linden-Mogilny

Modin-Antropov-Dahlen

Keane-McDonald-Berezin

Kaberle-Bourque

Visnovsky-Rafalski

Daniil Markov-Tremblay

Joseph

Bryzgalov

Traded Peca and some picks to get Jagr, because I was weak in the wings and deep down the middle. Picked up Roberts and Bourque for the cup run (and pretty sure Bourque is retiring now, same with Coffey). Bryz joined during the finals, so he didn't actually get any play time...but he was the backup!

1 hour ago, TGWL said:

Is this available on Mac?

Not out of the box, no. So you'd need something like playonmac or Wine.

Also, felt the need to play this game again, so I also downloaded the 1998 update and decided to roll with the Nashville Predators since they were a first year team back then. Thought about taking my Flyers, with LeClair/Lindros/Brind'amour/Desjardins and the legendary Alex Daigle... But that would hardly be a challenge.

Actually, I feel the need to trade for Daigle to build my franchise around him. :lol:

Edited by Jasonmufc