Video Game Soundtracks

Roster Depth Sicko No. 2

On 10/24/2016 at 00:33, Stevie B said:

Off the top of my head:

I thought that song was by Long Beach Dub Allstars, huh.

And yeah, Crazy Taxi was amazing. Same with all the THPS, Matt Hoffman, Street Sk8ter, Thrasher and all those other xtreme sports type games.

Shout out to Gran Turismo because that soundtrack was bitchin.

As a collection of bands and songs: Gran Turismo.

"Everything Must Go" by Manic Street Preachers (Chemical Brothers remix), "As Heaven Is Wide" by Garbage, "Lose Control" by Ash, "Sweet 16", "Tangerine" and "Chicken On A Bone" by Feeder....In fact this game introduced me to Feeder and although I went off them in later years, their Swim EP (and re-released version), Polythene and Yesterday Went Too Soon are amazing albums.

Also, GT3's intro "Just A Day" by Feeder It hyped me to play the first few times I loaded it.

Gran Turismo had some amazing '90s tracks in the games and linked to the games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_the_Gran_Turismo_series

Other very strong contenders are the Wipeout games or Race Driver: GRID with the UNKLE remix of QOTSA's "No-One Knows" as the intro.

• Like 1

Gotta agree with the Witcher soundtrack sentiment, some truly epic ambient tracks that never feels overbearing and really helps you get into the whole world they've crafted.

Also @ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster , love the Gran Turismo mention. That smooth acid jazz in the game and menus, really etched into my brain... As is 'The Moon' by Yello, when you beat the driver tests in GT3.

Gotta mention Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which has an epic soundtrack of ambient yet brilliant 'epic' style music, in the same vein of Ramin Djawadi and Hans Zimmer. The main theme is on my all-time favourite list of film/game themes, on par with stuff like 'Time'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 22:58, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

As a collection of bands and songs: Gran Turismo.

"Everything Must Go" by Manic Street Preachers (Chemical Brothers remix), "As Heaven Is Wide" by Garbage, "Lose Control" by Ash, "Sweet 16", "Tangerine" and "Chicken On A Bone" by Feeder....In fact this game introduced me to Feeder and although I went off them in later years, their Swim EP (and re-released version), Polythene and Yesterday Went Too Soon are amazing albums.

Also, GT3's intro "Just A Day" by Feeder It hyped me to play the first few times I loaded it.

Gran Turismo had some amazing '90s tracks in the games and linked to the games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_the_Gran_Turismo_series

Other very strong contenders are the Wipeout games or Race Driver: GRID with the UNKLE remix of QOTSA's "No-One Knows" as the intro.

DO DOODO DO DO DOODO DOOO

• Like 1