Potential Changes to Mod Making

Gabriel

Should EWB Adopt a Freeware Policy on Mods  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should EWB Adopt a Freeware Policy on Mods

• Yes
    • No

14 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Well, welcome back to EWB to everyone who has started posting here again. Hopefully we can provide a more cordial, more together community for mod making for you. Please don't abandon GDS though. It's the main board for Adam and the TEW series, and there are a lot of good mod makers over there who still deserve your attention.

Plus, we're assholes too sometimes.

I can only speak for myself here. This whole thing led me to get back to posting here and, as I see it on the stances taken here, I do believe this community wants to make the best they can to help the game and community grow and so I contributed to it. Again I stress out: I do not dislike anyone, including the mod squad, props to everyone who worked hard in any mod ever made in history. With that said I will obviously not stop posting on GDS, as I am a regular there and support their work as a customer (since i buy the games and recommend the games I like as well) and as a member of the community itself, as well as a fan of some of the sports of their games. but that doesn't mean one can't post here and on GDS at the same time, and in any other place that gathers people around these games we like. I think that one should always do what one can to help the community grow, given we are already not many comparing to other mainstream game communities and such.

To me there is no reason to be at war over a game or a content we all appreciate and that got us all in contact in the first place. So it's sad and mind boggling to me when it happens, for any reason, anywhere. With that said, I know this place is not perfect, but none is, so it's good to be back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shawn Michaels said:

I can only speak for myself here. This whole thing led me to get back to posting here and, as I see it on the stances taken here, I do believe this community wants to make the best they can to help the game and community grow and so I contributed to it. Again I stress out: I do not dislike anyone, including the mod squad, props to everyone who worked hard in any mod ever made in history. With that said I will obviously not stop posting on GDS, as I am a regular there and support their work as a customer (since i buy the games and recommend the games I like as well) and as a member of the community itself, as well as a fan of some of the sports of their games. but that doesn't mean one can't post here and on GDS at the same time, and in any other place that gathers people around these games we like. I think that one should always do what one can to help the community grow, given we are already not many comparing to other mainstream game communities and such.

To me there is no reason to be at war over a game or a content we all appreciate and that got us all in contact in the first place. So it's sad and mind boggling to me when it happens, for any reason, anywhere. With that said, I know this place is not perfect, but none is, so it's good to be back.

I don't think we will ever be in a war against GDS. We really have nothing against them, nor those who post there. The issue in this case was with The Mod Squad, and not even so much them as people but just their belief and their attempted monopoly on the TEW mods. I pop over to GDS once in awhile, not necessarily to post much although I will owe Mammoth a steak dinner when he finally finishes the 2006 mod completely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Christmas Fork said:

I don't think we will ever be in a war against GDS. We really have nothing against them, nor those who post there. The issue in this case was with The Mod Squad, and not even so much them as people but just their belief and their attempted monopoly on the TEW mods. I pop over to GDS once in awhile, not necessarily to post much although I will owe Mammoth a steak dinner when he finally finishes the 2006 mod completely.

Oh yeah, I know there is no dislike on GDS over here. I didn't imply that, nor was that my intention. It's just someone said those who returned shouldn't stop posting on GDS and I was just saying posting here or somewhere else doesn't stop or disqualify someone from posting in GDS. I like GDS, i even run an unofficial discord community and all. I like their games or I wouldn't be talking about them. I also have nothing against the mod squad. Like I said, i was on their site while it existed and I'm on their discord. No beef with them. But as I said on my posts in various platforms I simply disagreed with the stance they took about mods and it is my personal opinion that credit should always be given but that all mods should be freeware. I mean...the goal should always be prioritize the community's growth and ability to enjoy the game or else there might come a day where there isn't even a game to play, let alone a community to speak of.

18 hours ago, Jacob Jones said:

The first time was for admitting I was not using administrator mode for TEW 2016, which was taken as pirating.

Were you actually pirating? I still use Windows XP so I don't have to use Administrator mode. 

9 minutes ago, The Christmas Fork said:

Not to be an ass but that makes absolutely no sense as to why you were banned. There has got to be more to that story. That's a silly reason to ban someone.

Maybe he sent AR a dick pic and he's just embarrassed to tell us.