What level/segment of a game have you played the most?

Liam

Yoshi's Island 2 in Super Mario World is probably up there. Partly due to that being the first level I would play whenever starting the game again, I wonder if other people favour that one over Yoshi's Island 1. Maybe because 2 is on the right of the two on the map and going that way is how you progress through the game. Plus games have deeply ingrained within us all the need to always be moving right. It is the first place you get Yoshi though and you have the immensely satisfying bit right at the start where there's a line of Koopa Troopa's and a stray shell you can use to kill them all and get an extra life. At one point as well I was doing this whole emergent gameplay thing where I was, not exactly speed running, but basically trying to get through the level by constantly running and trying not to stop. I guess kind of a precursor to Mario Run?

And in a similar vein to Ollie, Dark Souls. I was going to say the Undead Burg but I suppose technically it would be the Undead Asylum since that's the intro to the game and you can't skip it like you can the tutorial in Demon's Souls. There is the added factor that you can return to the Asylum later on in the game (but with different enemies so possibly you can argue it's not truely the same level/area?) but it's mostly down to the urge I will have every now and again to restart the game to try different classes, weapons, play styles etc etc. You can chalk up a few more run throughs as well thanks to resetting to try and get the Black Knight Halberd near the start of the game in the descent to Darkroot Basin.

In terms of played over, and over, and over again, the Paris level of the Hitman reboot, and then the enhanced version for Hitman 2. I'd imagine it will probably be in the third one as well.

In terms of deliberately replaying, it would be the Glitzvile level of Paper Mario TTYD.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...