What actor did you think sucked, but actually turned out good

Benji

26 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh, this talk of teen hearthrobs reminds me of Zac Efron. I just had him down as another HSM alumni, but man's got range.

Heidi and I are binging NCIS on Paramount+, and he popped up in an episode. Don't remember which season, though. (We're starting season 7.) 

He's great in The Greatest Showman and the remake of Firestarter. I thought he did a better job as the father than David Keith did in the original, and David Keith is a damn good actor. (Then again, I might be biased because he's from Knoxville.....)

And now that I've said that.... 

Spoiler

I want a buddy movie starring David Keith and Keith David!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DFF said:

Robert Pattinson. In Twilight, pretty darn poor. However, he's shown in a number of roles now that he's pretty great (Tenet, The Batman). 

I'm not really sure anyone escaped Twilight looking good except michael sheen and the guy who played Kristen Stewart's dad.

Have to love Pattinson and Stewart for just doing whatever the hell they want to since.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

You can't name him so he clearly didn't do that well.

Billy Burke, who was the bad guy in DRIVE ANGRY, and has done the tv shows REVOLUTION and ZOO, and is a recurring on 9-1-1: LONE STAR. He also did the voice of Commissioner Gordon in the 2-part BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN adaptation. (I'm a fan.)

31 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I'm not really sure anyone escaped Twilight looking good except michael sheen and the guy who played Kristen Stewart's dad.

Have to love Pattinson and Stewart for just doing whatever the hell they want to since.

Ashley Green, who played Alice, should have played Bella. 

Kellan Lutz, who played Emmett, hosted a game show called Bullseye, and actually did a good job. He was on FBI Most Wanted, but quit. Unlike Julian McMahon, who also left, Lutz could come back if he wanted to. (McMahon's character was killed off.)

Highly recommend a movie Stewart did called UNDERWATER. The reveal of the big bad at the end is a WTF?! jaw dropper moment.

Its.... 

Spoiler

*Samuel L. Jackson voice* CTHULHU, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

I don't think either ever sucked but Pattison and Stewart are two of the most exciting and best actors working at the moment and you'd have been hard pressed to predict that after Twilight. It's been incredible for them to separately use their star power to go and work with auteurs and define their careers by just making films that they find interesting. 

Kristen Stewart's run of Clouds of Sils Maria, Certain Women, Personal Shopper, Spencer and now Crimes of the Future is such an extraordinary body of work. She's going to star in Rose Glass' (Saint Maud) second feature (for A24) and I cannot wait. 

• Like 1