Pro Wrestling Sim: Real World Updates (BETA)

TheWho87

I've been dabbling with Pro Wrestling Sim , and have been converting my TEW mod over into this game and this just seems the more logical place to put it.

It's still in an early beta stage, I'm importing in workers and tidying them up, so it doesn't have the full range of the TEW mod yet, but there are currently 38 promotions, mostly focused in North America, the UK and Japan with 2,693 workers. The main focus here is more converting and tidying up workers and roughly putting them in promotions, so a lot of areas are still a work in progress.

If you are not familiar with Pro Wrestling Sim , the easiest way to describe it is as middle ground between EWR and TEW, the game itself is still in early access and has some flaws but it looks promising.

Database & Graphics: September 2022 (BETA)
Workers: Basic Universal Multipurpose Picture Pack

Current list of promotions
North America
- Absolute Intense Wrestling
- All Elite Wrestling
- Beyond Wrestling
- Black Label Pro
- Deadlock Pro Wrestling
- Defy Wrestling
- Fantasy Super Cosplay Wrestling
- Game Changer Wrestling
- Garden State Pro Wrestling
- Impact Wrestling
- Major League Wrestling
- Nation Extreme Wrestling
- National Wrestling Alliance
- New Japan Pro Wrestling of America
- Ohio Valley Wrestling
- Prestige Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
- Ring of Honor
- Shimmer Women Athletes
- Shine Wrestling
- WWE NXT
- West Coast Pro Wrestling
- Without A Cause
- World Wrestling Entertainment

Europe
- Insane Championship Wrestling
- Over the Top Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling EVE
- Progress Wrestling
- Revolution Pro Wrestling
- WWE NXT United Kingdom
- Wrestle Carnival

Asia
- All Japan Pro Wrestling
- DDT Pro Wrestling
- Dragon Gate Japan Pro Wrestling
- New Japan Pro Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling NOAH
- Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling
- World Wonder Ring Stardom
Edited by TheWho87
Well I guess I don't need to mention THAT bit anymore...
  • Like 4

I downloaded this game a while back and dabbled. It looks promising but it still very much feels work in progress. Not a fan of how simplified the actual wrestling skills have been, but it's on a good path. Definitely think in terms of comparisons to TEW it seems better for mod makers, which is something TEW has needed to work on for a while, but it's going to need some fully complete historical mods to see how it really plays rather than just convertions.

Interest to try your modern mod though Who. How did you find the conversion process in general?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

I downloaded this game a while back and dabbled. It looks promising but it still very much feels work in progress. Not a fan of how simplified the actual wrestling skills have been, but it's on a good path. Definitely think in terms of comparisons to TEW it seems better for mod makers, which is something TEW has needed to work on for a while, but it's going to need some fully complete historical mods to see how it really plays rather than just convertions.

Interest to try your modern mod though Who. How did you find the conversion process in general?

The conversion process was simple if you followed a guide, the TL;DR version is you convert a save into a database then in Microsoft access convert the parts PWS  needs into excel files, pop them in the right folder and let the game do the rest, after that it's no harder tidying up as it would be upgrading a database between TEW versions, it's just long if you use a big database.

I do agree the game is still a WIP, there is still a whole load of things the dev wants to put in before it's considered "finished", but this also allows more feedback, especially compared to the screaming into the void that is the TEW suggestions area on GDS.

There is a semi growing modding scene that's not just conversions, gazwefc (who did Killing the Business), has jumped ship and converted KTB but also has a series that focuses on the American scene from 1989 to 2002, I'd say there is enough original mods that outweigh conversions but compared to TEW it's way off.

As for this, my plan is to try and build it up by importing in from a conversion and fixing stuff as I go along so that by 2023 the PWS and TEW mods are on a level field, although since PWS seems more forgiving with load times, compared to my TEW mod where I have closed promotions, every promotion in the PWS mod will be active, and if you look at the promotion lists there are promotions here that I don't have active in TEW (BLP, FSCW, GSPW, OVW, Prestige, WCPW, WAC, Wrestle Carnival). The biggest issues I know with this mod right now is that everyone is set as a face on the roster, but since face and heels right now is just a cosmetic setting it doesn't matter, as well as title belts set to their default settings, a lack of tag teams and events, my focus is on the worker pool more than anything else, promotions help with who's missing and who gets imported in the next batch to fix up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Looking at it, looks like there's been some good updates since I last played it. Will give the mod a go. You going to be only doing PWS going forward @TheWho87 or you doing both this and TEW?

At the moment I'm doing both, the current plan is to build the PWS version so that if there isn't news of a new TEW I've done the hard work and can move over, I hope to get the PWS version mostly finished by 2023, on the plus side going through and checking things in the PWS tidy up helps me fix up things in TEW.

• Like 3

On 10/09/2022 at 06:27, Benji said:

Looking at it, looks like there's been some good updates since I last played it. Will give the mod a go. You going to be only doing PWS going forward @TheWho87 or you doing both this and TEW?

if you try it out, let us know what you think!

• Like 1