MechWarrior Online

Warhawk8492

I haven't tried MWO due to the aforementioned freemium nature of it, but I am very much big into BattleTech.

Have put hundreds of hours into the turn based strategy game, and currently doing a coop career in MW5 with all the dlc. Afterwards will probably start a career mode with mods enabled.

How is mwo, I assume it's PvP?

5 minutes ago, JasonM said:

I haven't tried MWO due to the aforementioned freemium nature of it, but I am very much big into BattleTech.

Have put hundreds of hours into the turn based strategy game, and currently doing a coop career in MW5 with all the dlc. Afterwards will probably start a career mode with mods enabled.

How is mwo, I assume it's PvP?

Yep, MP game very fun

I tried it, but its not for me. And I loved the original MechWarrior games.

The problem is that its PvP, and a lot of the players have spent money to upgrade. I played 5 or 6 team games with a starter mech, and kept getting killed by either long range missile or alpha strikes within 3 minutes. I only manged 2 kills out of those games. Might be more fun if there was some non-PvP action.

PvP games should NOT be freemium, because you're going to be at a serious disadvantage if you don't spend money to keep up.

(I play Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and City of Heroes (yes, it still exists.))

• Like 1

Dang this brought back some memories of playing MechWarrior with my one childhood buddy on his dad's PC back in the day. The one time I had convinced him that if he synced up all his lasers to fire at once it was a hack that created a super move. In reality, the first time he did it it overloaded his mech and it exploded bahahaha. Oh man, good times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2