RIP Arleen Sorkin

Warhawk8492

She wasn't just in it, it was her performance on it that helped inspire the character. And moreover I think you can also fairly say that her being so good and so distinctive in that role helped launch that character to what it is now. Obviously it's more than just that, it's also the brilliance of Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, and so many others, but the voice and the characterization owes so much to her. I was so sad when she retired from voicing Harley, Tara Strong is obviously one of the best, most prolific voice actresses out there but it always felt like something was missing to me once it was her in that role. 67 is much too soon.

• Like 3

Jesus Christ, this fucking week. What is in the water at the moment?

Arguably one of the greatest voice performances of all time for her performance as Harley. A performance so iconic it made the comics themselves stand up and take notice to add her in. You can have your Margot Robbie and your Kaley Cuoco all you like, but much like Conroy for Batman and Hamill for Joker, there's never going to be someone who so perfectly embodies a character performance in that role than Arleen Sorkin.

Thanks for all the good times, puddin'.

• Like 1