Andre Braugher has passed away

livid

he was so good in Homicide, but Brooklyn 99 is rightly what made him an absolute joy of an actor to watch. It very quietly has become some of my favourite comfort viewing over the past year; my girlfriend used to put it on while she had lunch or something, and I never really cared about it, but the more I paid attention the more I liked it, and that's almost entirely down to how much I loved Captain Holt as a character and Andre Braugher as a performer. Someone said that you can see as the show goes on, how it starts to orbit more and more around him as the heart of the whole thing, which can't have been the intention from the beginning, but is testament to just how good he was.

21 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

"I bet on the wire fox terrier because you made it sound like she was a shoo-in.  You said she was majestic!"

"They're all majestic!  This is a nationally televised dog show!"

The end of that exchange has an all-time Pimento line too.

"If it's dead dogs you want to see, I know where to get my hands on dozens of them."

Just a perfect minute of television.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1