My New Short Film

Jimmy

Hello everyone! 

EWB has been really important in helping get my films made and was I once again blown away by everyone's generosity when we were fundraising for Suzie back in 2022. 

We've launched our film online today with a Vimeo Staff Pick, if anyone fancies giving it a watch! 

Starring BAFTA-nominee Helen Behan (The Virtues) and Produced by Academy Award-winning Slick Films. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I personally lived that story so I really felt that one. Is it weird to say I'm proud of you? Too bad I said it anyway :P 

Thank you that means a lot! 

22 minutes ago, K said:

I'm still owed a zoom meeting for this

name a time and I'm yours x 

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

EWB has been really important in helping get my films made and was I once again blown away by everyone's generosity when we were fundraising for Suzie back in 2022. 

I see you decided to save some money by playing the small child yourself.

• Like 3

I watched this as David Lynch would have intended (on my smart phone while eating dinner).

Loved how you shot her almost totally in wide shots. Loved the use of lighting which was natural-looking but also very designed.  There's a level of expressionism there that is really drives the emotion of the story. I'd have to re-watch but there's a lighting change in the scene where she's cooking and it felt like the sun moving, possibly a car, but also like time passing but just show through a subtle lighting change.

In a strange way, I was almost sad that I saw the faces of the other characters but it made sense in the way they were used.

Honestly, whenever you pop in with one of your films I just enjoy looking at them.

22 hours ago, Hobo said:

I watched this as David Lynch would have intended (on my smart phone while eating dinner).

Loved how you shot her almost totally in wide shots. Loved the use of lighting which was natural-looking but also very designed.  There's a level of expressionism there that is really drives the emotion of the story. I'd have to re-watch but there's a lighting change in the scene where she's cooking and it felt like the sun moving, possibly a car, but also like time passing but just show through a subtle lighting change.

In a strange way, I was almost sad that I saw the faces of the other characters but it made sense in the way they were used.

Honestly, whenever you pop in with one of your films I just enjoy looking at them.

Ah thank you so much, that means so much man. ❤️

• Like 1